But, but.....the economy is doing so well I thought?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Re: But, but.....the economy is doing so well I thought?

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

In response to tacobreath's comment:

Yup, ya sure you never watch those shows. Stick with your game, you poor soul. God love ya! FYI No ones buying it.

Oh you poor thing. It all makes sense now. Why would she have stayed with someone so inept as you. 

and of course you change the subject and go desperate.  

Says the guy who already tried changing the subject by going on about news stations. Sigh.....

OMG pink, could this guy be any dumber?  Do you think he`s for real or is he acting like a dope for the fun of it?

Geee.........."the housing market is red hot".  Geeeee.......duh...."I`ll take the cash".   Cash from what billyrat?  Cash you lost?  40% LESS cash (on average)?

You think he could ever read about the 2million foreclosures in 2012 alone? You think he gets the MILLIONS of people underwater and desperate to re-fi becuase they CANNOT sell their houses at a 40% LOSS?

What a piece of work.  I think he`s doing this on purpose, nobody could be that stupid.

I don't know what his deal is. Way back he said he was a realtor, now he says he's not, yet he's on the "front lines" of real estate. And then when the debate isn't going his way he goes on this rant about watching FOX news. He's all over the place. Full of lies he is.

Nope, show me where I ever said I was a realtor. I can show you where YOU said I was a realtor (in the last post) but that's of your own demented world. So I guess we know who's full of it now.

Be glad to, provided you can show me where I said my relationship failed. 

I cant show you, you just need to ask your ex.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Yup, ya sure you never watch those shows. Stick with your game, you poor soul. God love ya! FYI No ones buying it.

Oh you poor thing. It all makes sense now. Why would she have stayed with someone so inept as you. 

Says the guy who already tried changing the subject by going on about news stations. Sigh.....

OMG pink, could this guy be any dumber?  Do you think he`s for real or is he acting like a dope for the fun of it?

Geee.........."the housing market is red hot".  Geeeee.......duh...."I`ll take the cash".   Cash from what billyrat?  Cash you lost?  40% LESS cash (on average)?

You think he could ever read about the 2million foreclosures in 2012 alone? You think he gets the MILLIONS of people underwater and desperate to re-fi becuase they CANNOT sell their houses at a 40% LOSS?

What a piece of work.  I think he`s doing this on purpose, nobody could be that stupid.

And along comes a cheerleader for pinkeye. Thats a twist.

Hey Money-bags...how much money have you made so far this morning??? Hahahaha

I'll try to keep it simple for you, Mondays and Tuesdays are my weekends. That should keep you puzzled for a while longer.

Oh...you're a hairdresser. Gotcha!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I don't know what his deal is. Way back he said he was a realtor, now he says he's not, yet he's on the "front lines" of real estate. And then when the debate isn't going his way he goes on this rant about watching FOX news. He's all over the place. Full of lies he is.

Nope, show me where I ever said I was a realtor. I can show you where YOU said I was a realtor (in the last post) but that's of your own demented world. So I guess we know who's full of it now.

I cant show you

So you lied...SHOCKER!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Real Estate is on fire. Someones making money.

Is this when we should all act impressed?

Is this where I get to say WHOOOOSH?

Well, it is going over your head, so yah, maybe.

He doesn`t get it and never will. You think he knows what it`s like to buy a house and 7 years later have it be worth 50% LESS than you paid?  He only knows what MSNBC told him or his mama read to him from the NY Times.

Sorry sucker, maybe if you had talked to someone other than one of your own echo chamber dimwits, you would've seen it coming. But you were all listening to Bush talking about the "red hot" economy. I mean, why would he out right lie to his own constituants? It's like him saying Hussain has WMDs when he didn't.

I got out. But then apparently I only know what MSNBC tells me. BTW, what channel is that?

FYI, mommy is long gone, thanks so much. 

Um.....billy.......the housing market was "red hot" from, well.....about 1986 through 2007 or so.  Everyone on earth wanted in asap for fear that they would be priced out as house prices were constantly going up.  Reagan, Bush-41, Clinton, W, all saw Americans striving for home ownership, not only for their families, but for sound investments and a place to invest money for retirement.  To see that nest egg, that investment, crash and burn is quite disturbing.

If you were unfortunate enough to buy in 2006,2007, or 2008, you paid peak dollars and now you simply cannot take a loss to get out.  Yes, there is a shortage of houses for sale because people cannot lose that kind of money so they stay put and try to fight their way through this mess.

Unfortunately those people are stuck until this incompetent at 1600 Pennsylvania av is gone.  You keep screaming about "Bush" though........it`s really working for you.

If you bought your house seven years ago, it's worth more now than when Obama took office.

Again, every complaint seems to be that he's not fixing things as quickly as Bush broke them, so we need another Republican to step in and take the reins.

No it isn`t.  That`s the problem.  You purchased in in 2006 at $660k (true story from my town).  House for sale now at $459k with many looks, but no bites.  This family is already taking a $200k hit.  I haven`t seen any that are worth more now than they were in 2006.

And......I`m being unfair by blaming Obama. It`s Dems in general.  The Dems took over the House and Senate in 2006.  Up until then, we had 44 consecutive months of growth and housing really was "red hot".

Yes, it is.  It's not worth what you paid in 2006, but it's worth more than it was worth on January 19, 2009.

If you're going to blame Dems in Congress for the bubble popping, you need to present some sort of argument.  Just the fact they they were sitting in chairs once occupied by Republicans is not enough.  What legislation did they pass that worsened the already plummeting home values?  Or what legislation did they block that could have turned things around?

(QUOTE)

Thank you.  I`m sure they`ll take comfort in knowing that the $200k loss they`re facing could have been $300k.

Here`s an argument, 54 months of consecutive growth from 2002 until 2006.  Every quarter had positive GDP growth with an average of 2.8%.  (As an example, we just had GDP at .005 in Q4/2012 and CNN, MSNBC, and the NY Times were raving that we`re doing so well)  Then Jan 2007 came and........well, you know the rest of the story.

Barney says "Fannie and Freddie are fine" and...........well you know the rest of the story.

You are correct though.  As WDYWN states, these programs that caused the burst/collapse go way back as far as Reagan.  We have to blame both parties, they are both responsible.

Not could have been $300K - was, in 2008.  If your baseline is 2006, you're going to be disappointed for a long time.  If your baseline is January, 2009, things are looking up.

That's not an argument - an a55 in a chair has no effect on GDP.  Fannie & Freddie are scapegoats that had nothing to do with the bubble bursting, but even if they had, Barney Frank was one representative of a minority party.  Besides, as the graph above shows, the trouble began before the Dems even took control of Congress.

You're not drawing the connection between the bubble and the pop - yeah the economy was great from 2002 - 2006, but it shouldn't have been.  That's the whole point - we should have had a little bit of suffering after the previous bubble popped (dot-com), and then a modest but steady correction.  Instead we set interest rates to zero, de-regulated the real estate and loan industry, let people turn a profit on defaults, set ARMs in action, made stated income the new norm, and sat back and watched the fireworks.  

The 2002 - 2006 wonderful, good-old-day economy is the reason your friend is $200K upside down on his mortgage.  Not Barney, and not Barry.

!00% assumption.  Gotta love you lefties............

"Obama stoped the job loss and we`re ina recovery".......Why?  Because we said so.

"The bubble popped before the Dems took control".......Why? Because we said so.

""2002-2006" is the reason"  Why? Because we said so.

Yah, let`s just forget about 25-30 years of investing in real estate, making modest (and some dramatic) profit off of property, and of course, Barney (the single largest culprit in the financial disaster) is comepletely innocent.  Why? Because we said so.

Gawd slomag................take a sniff of the coffee man!

We're in a recovery because we've had 15 quarters of positive GDP growth - there's no assumption there.  Does Obama deserve the credit?  That's an assumption - I'll give you that, but it's supported by the fact that the only negative growth quarters under his watch were the first three after which he first took office.  If you think it would have happened with or without Obama, that's also an assumption, but one without any support.

The bubble popped before the Dems took control - if housing prices were plummetting in 2006, you can't point to a cause from 2007.  No assumption, no ideology - just common sense.

2002 - 2006 is the reason - you won't find any breathing economist who will tell you that housing from 2002 - 2006 was fairly priced.  It's not an assumption - it's reality.

Investing in real estate prior to 2002 meant finding a piece of property that would appreciate over time and holding onto it for decades.  Investing in real estate from 2002 to 2006 meant buying a property and flipping it weeks later.

Using Barney Frank as a scapegoat is beyond stupid - he was one member of a committee the majority of which was Republicans in a House the majority of which was Republican.  What is it exactly that you think he did that contributed to the collapse?  You think Bush was riding in on a white horse trying to regulate the loan industry?  Do you support that?  Do you still?  How do you feel about Dodd-Frank?  

Regardless, it's all a red herring, as GSEs did not contribute to the collapse.  Follow the smell test - GSEs were meant to help lower middle class families own homes.  Why were lenders suddenly interested in 35-year-old programs to help lower middle class families own homes?  Because suddenly you could make money on loan defaults.  Fannie and Freddie didn't change their loan practices - they were dragged into sub-prime lending by lenders selling default swaps to unidentified third parties outside the purview of any housing or lending regulation.  And all of this didn't matter, because as soon as the bubble burst, you had two new groups of home buyers - renters who had been frozen out of the housing market the past five years, and could suddenly afford to purchase their new home, and upper-middle class families who could no longer afford their million dollar homes and needed to down-size.  These GSE-backed homes were the first to be re-sold.

Happy Easter

Thanks!  You too.

"2002 - 2006 is the reason - you won't find any breathing economist who will tell you that housing from 2002 - 2006 was fairly priced.  It's not an assumption - it's reality."

No argument.....BUT, you can`t find an economist that would tell you your house, property, land, real estate, was NOT a super-sound investment from the mid-1980`s right up to 2006 either.  It was just something you did and had faith in.  You had dough........the best place to put it was real estate.  It was as simple as that.

I think we`re back to you guys calling 2002-2006 a "bubble", I`m saying the (supposed) "bubble" was a 25 year bubble........hence, not a bubble.

I also agree that 2013 prices are up from 2009, but a far cry from 2006 or prior for millions of Americans that are under water.

Good week to you.

Housing values in 2013 are where they would have been naturally without a bubble.  If you bought a house in 1987, it's value increased by 30% by 2000.  If you bought a home in 2000, it's value increased by 30% by 2013.   But in 2005, the value of that home was 200-300% what you bought it for.  That's the bubble.  Americans are underwater because they either a) bought during the bubble or b) re-financed during the bubble.  

Regulations made real estate a sound investment - once there was money to be made on loans defaulting, it was all over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I cant show you

So you lied...SHOCKER!!!

Where's the post where I said I was a realtor that YOU said you could find....hmmmm?

Still waiting... still waiting....still .. wait..ing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I'll try to keep it simple for you, Mondays and Tuesdays are my weekends. That should keep you puzzled for a while longer.

Ahhh sigh. Wrong again. Don't know what hairdressers have to do with real estate, I'll just chaulk it up that in your dim convoluted mind there is some connection.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Ahhh sigh. Wrong again. Don't know what hairdressers have to do with real estate, I'll just chaulk it up that in your dim convoluted mind there is some connection.

Ok. Second guess. You are a minister.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I cant show you

So you lied...SHOCKER!!!

Where's the post where I said I was a realtor that YOU said you could find....hmmmm?

Still waiting... still waiting....still .. wait..ing.

Um....what part of this did you not get...

"Be glad to, provided you can show me where I said my relationship failed."

Deal is a deal. Pony up and you'll get what you asked for

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

You have a history of lying so I believe nothing you say. I'm going with hairdresser...hahahahaha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Ya, still waiting for you to produce that post where I said I was a real estate agent?

Look whos lying history is building.

Stilll waiting while you try to wiggle out of your BS....

FYI, Tuesday is usually my sunday but housing is so busy, I got some work tomorrow!

Darn this bad market, hahahahahahahahaha ya cube troll. Go sell some insurance. That makes that communication degree worth it, huh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Ya, still waiting for you to produce that post where I said I was a real estate agent?

FYI, Tuesday is usually my sunday but housing is so busy, I got some work tomorrow!

Darn this bad market, hahahahahahahahaha ya cube troll. Go sell some insurance.

Ah....so you ARE struggling to understand...."Be glad to, provided you can show me where I said my relationship failed."

When you can provide proof I ever stated my relationship failed then I'll be happy to provide you with the post where you stated you're a realtor. Although I don't blame you for denying you're a realtor....every realtor I know is uneducated. Not surprised you are one after all.

Who sells insurance? I assume you're referring to someone else since I don't work in insurance. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Ah....so you ARE struggling to understand...."Be glad to, provided you can show me where I said my relationship failed."

When you can provide proof I ever stated my relationship failed then I'll be happy to provide you with the post where you stated you're a realtor. Although I don't blame you for denying you're a realtor....every realtor I know is uneducated. Not surprised you are one after all.

Who sells insurance? I assume you're referring to someone else since I don't work in insurance. 

Cmon, produce it you weenie.

Yup, you cant come up with that post, because you lie. But hey it's your business, just bundle up a policy, rip off some old folks for all thier savings and go home happy for a hard days work. Easy peasy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Yup, you cant come up with that post, because you lie. But hey it's your business, just bundle up a policy, rip off some old folks for all thier savings and go home happy for a hard days work. Easy peasy.

Like I said...you produce yours...I'll produce mine...easy peasy

oh and I work for hospital system....oopsie

and you're one to talk about ripping people off. Realtors getting paid for what they do is the biggest rip off. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

and you're one to talk about ripping people off. Realtors getting paid for what they do is the biggest rip off. 

Hospital system...lemme guess, health INSURANCE. Duh!

YOU were the one who said you can come up with the post, so, just do it. 

Or keep dancing little ballerina.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

OMG...um...let me explain this real slow for you. There are insurance companies such as Blue Cross Blue Shild which provides health insurance for employer groups.

Then there are hospitals like MGH (that's Mass General Hospital, since you don't seem to be familiar with what a hospital is) which provides care for patients. 

See the difference? Ok, so I work for the HOSPITAL.

And I said I would come up with the post if you could provide the one you have about me saying my relationship failed. See how that works? So when you produce I'll be more than happy to produce. 

BTW, how'd the pictures come out??? HAHAHAHAHA...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

OMG...um...let me explain this real slow for you. There are insurance companies such as Blue Cross Blue Shild which provides health insurance for employer groups.

Then there are hospitals like MGH (that's Mass General Hospital, since you don't seem to be familiar with what a hospital is) which provides care for patients. 

And I said I would come up with the post if you could provide the one you have about me saying my relationship failed. See how that works? So when you produce I'll be more than happy to produce. 

Yes but hospitals work on insurance. I know you're not a doctor. Maybe you sit at the front desk and fill out patient paperwork. Don't know, dont care. You seem to have enough free time to troll forums all day long while having enough time to bore everyone else with your pee wee football glory days.

Anyway, since you cant find that post, I'll consider this another lying troll thread killing pinkeye manuever. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Yes but hospitals work on insurance. I know you're not a doctor. Maybe you sit at the front desk and fill out patient paperwork. Don't know, dont care. You seem to have enough free time to troll forums all day long while having enough time to bore everyone else with your pee wee football glory days.

Anyway, since you cant find that post, I'll consider this another lying troll thread killing pinkeye manuever. 

Yes, that is true hospitals get paid by insurance companies. But to say a hospital is "health insurance" because that is PART of how we get reimbursed is just idiotic.

You seem to have quite a bit of free time also. Yup....pot. kettle. black.

So you don't have a post backing up what you accused me of? Gotcha....you lied. Thanks!

Make sure you send those pics to get posted now. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

and of course you change the subject and go desperate. Sorry your relationship failed too man. Hopefully you find a new one like I did. It'll get you from posting on this forum all day.  

If things are so good, why don't you just sell your house for twice what you paid for it, quit your job, becasue another job will be offered you by tomorrow, and empty out your retirement account and have a big party, because government will handily provide for your retirement?

Come on.  Put your money where your mouth is.

Skeeter so desperately wants the economy to fail so he can rail against his arch enemy Obama. He even gets downright pi$$ie about it. What a true American.

Um billy.................the economy HAS FAILED!  Go back and read the begininng of this very thread.  We are in worse shape.  Nothing is better.  Are you a dope on purpose?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

and of course you change the subject and go desperate. Sorry your relationship failed too man. Hopefully you find a new one like I did. It'll get you from posting on this forum all day.  

If things are so good, why don't you just sell your house for twice what you paid for it, quit your job, becasue another job will be offered you by tomorrow, and empty out your retirement account and have a big party, because government will handily provide for your retirement?

Skeeter so desperately wants the economy to fail so he can rail against his arch enemy Obama. He even gets downright pi$$ie about it. What a true American.

Um billy.................the economy HAS FAILED!  Go back and read the begininng of this very thread.  We are in worse shape.  Nothing is better.  Are you a dope on purpose?

Give the guy a break. The best he can do with his life is taking pictures for home listings. Not exactly a brain child.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

He's the one on the Titanic, upon hitting an iceberg, saying: " things are great!  no wait at the bar, and ALL the ice you want!"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Or a dishwasher/bus-boy at the local 99 Restaurant.  Only that business is busy on the weekends and demands all employees work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Or a dishwasher/bus-boy at the local 99 Restaurant.  Only that business is busy on the weekends and demands all employees work.

Nice try genius. Ya really thought that through.
    Maybe you can explain how that connects to real estate?

But what you are all missing, hence the whooosh, is that the real estate market is picking up steam. I know that really bothers you since you can't hang a slump on Obama. But Ill ride the wave while you live in anguish and blame all your failures on the libs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

But what you are all missing, hence the whooosh, is that the real estate market is picking up steam. I know that really bothers you since you can't hang a slump on Obama. But Ill ride the wave while you live in anguish and blame all your failures on the libs.

I hope it does as we're looking to move....but we're not seeing much inventory right now. Sorry but thats a fact. Hope it picks up sometime soon.

ride the wave? You take pictures for listings....hahahahaha....that's a heck of a wave...bwahahahahaha

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I hope it does as we're looking to move....but we're not seeing much inventory right now. Sorry but thats a fact. Hope it picks up sometime soon.

ride the wave? You take pictures for listings....hahahahaha....that's a heck of a wave...bwahahahahaha

No pictures here. Where are you looking to move to? I work in the high end stuff...really, no attack intended. Ill give you a heads up...why? I dont know. It's what I do.  

Sections
Shortcuts