But, but.....the economy is doing so well I thought?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: But, but.....the economy is doing so well I thought?

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to tacobreath's comment:

Yup, ya sure you never watch those shows. Stick with your game, you poor soul. God love ya! FYI No ones buying it.

Oh you poor thing. It all makes sense now. Why would she have stayed with someone so inept as you. 

and of course you change the subject and go desperate.  

Says the guy who already tried changing the subject by going on about news stations. Sigh.....

OMG pink, could this guy be any dumber?  Do you think he`s for real or is he acting like a dope for the fun of it?

Geee.........."the housing market is red hot".  Geeeee.......duh...."I`ll take the cash".   Cash from what billyrat?  Cash you lost?  40% LESS cash (on average)?

You think he could ever read about the 2million foreclosures in 2012 alone? You think he gets the MILLIONS of people underwater and desperate to re-fi becuase they CANNOT sell their houses at a 40% LOSS?

What a piece of work.  I think he`s doing this on purpose, nobody could be that stupid.

And along comes a cheerleader for pinkeye. Thats a twist.

Hey Money-bags...how much money have you made so far this morning??? Hahahaha

I'll try to keep it simple for you, Mondays and Tuesdays are my weekends. That should keep you puzzled for a while longer.

Oh...you're a hairdresser. Gotcha!

Or a dishwasher/bus-boy at the local 99 Restaurant.  Only that business is busy on the weekends and demands all employees work.

Nice try genius. Ya really thought that through.
    Maybe you can explain how that connects to real estate?

But what you are all missing, hence the whooosh, is that the real estate market is picking up steam. I know that really bothers you since you can't hang a slump on Obama. But Ill ride the wave while you live in anguish and blame all your failures on the libs.

I hope it does as we're looking to move....but we're not seeing much inventory right now. Sorry but thats a fact. Hope it picks up sometime soon.

ride the wave? You take pictures for listings....hahahahaha....that's a heck of a wave...bwahahahahaha

No pictures here. Where are you looking to move to? I work in the high end stuff...really, no attack intended. Ill give you a heads up...why? I dont know. It's what I do.  

Winchester or Lexington

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Yup, ya sure you never watch those shows. Stick with your game, you poor soul. God love ya! FYI No ones buying it.

Oh you poor thing. It all makes sense now. Why would she have stayed with someone so inept as you. 

and of course you change the subject and go desperate.  

Says the guy who already tried changing the subject by going on about news stations. Sigh.....

OMG pink, could this guy be any dumber?  Do you think he`s for real or is he acting like a dope for the fun of it?

Geee.........."the housing market is red hot".  Geeeee.......duh...."I`ll take the cash".   Cash from what billyrat?  Cash you lost?  40% LESS cash (on average)?

You think he could ever read about the 2million foreclosures in 2012 alone? You think he gets the MILLIONS of people underwater and desperate to re-fi becuase they CANNOT sell their houses at a 40% LOSS?

What a piece of work.  I think he`s doing this on purpose, nobody could be that stupid.

And along comes a cheerleader for pinkeye. Thats a twist.

Hey Money-bags...how much money have you made so far this morning??? Hahahaha

I'll try to keep it simple for you, Mondays and Tuesdays are my weekends. That should keep you puzzled for a while longer.

Oh...you're a hairdresser. Gotcha!

Or a dishwasher/bus-boy at the local 99 Restaurant.  Only that business is busy on the weekends and demands all employees work.

Nice try genius. Ya really thought that through.
    Maybe you can explain how that connects to real estate?

But what you are all missing, hence the whooosh, is that the real estate market is picking up steam. I know that really bothers you since you can't hang a slump on Obama. But Ill ride the wave while you live in anguish and blame all your failures on the libs.

If you were in real estate, you would be the very first to know that houses are selling at 20-40% of their values and the ONLY people selling are those that HAVE to.  Have you read ANY of this thread or are you just being ignorant on purpose?

Yes, there is a lack of inventory so it is OK for the Obama-fools and the MSM to say "housing must be picking up".....but, the TRUTH is: there were 2 million foreclosures in 2012 and there are millions of mortgages underwater.  The people selling, billyboy, are people getting spanked with huge losses.  The people buying are the dreaded "Top 5%" that you hate so much, and they`re buying at bargain-basement prices.

Gawd.............you`re not too bright. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

CNN just reported (preliminary) jobs created.................158,000.

Pitiful.

Sure it will be "revised" for Friday once the enablers get hold of it.

But, but...........the economy is doing well.  We`re in a recovery.

EYE ROLL.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I do a lot work in Lexington. Good turnover there. North of Mass Ave there is a lot of new spec going on. Dont work much in Winchester.

Wellesley, Wayland, Newton (all thirteen villages) West Roxbury (though more of a first time buyer area) Brookline (whiskey point area) and Chestnut Hill is gangbusters. Arlington seems to be hot as well. Old Belmont is good though Waverley Sq. tends to be transient. Lot's of duplexes and three floors. Good investment if you can stand tenents. Of them all, I like Newton although taxes are high resale is great, schools are top rated and the MBTA into Boston is a plus. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Well I guess I dust off, brush my hands clean and leave a bunch of whiners still wondering.

Chao babies.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Well, there is this:

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. home prices jumped in February by the largest amount in seven years, evidence that the housing recovery strengthened ahead of the all-important spring-buying season.

Home prices rose 10.2% in February compared with a year earlier, CoreLogic, a real estate data provider, said Wednesday. The annual gain was the biggest since March 2006. Prices have now increased on an annual basis for 12 straight months, underscoring the recovery's steady momentum.

CoreLogic's measure of national prices also rose 0.5% in February from January. That's a solid increase during the winter months, when sales typically slow.

An increase in home sales has helped lift prices. In February, sales of previously owned homes reached the highest level in more than three years.

Another reason prices are rising is the supply of available homes for sale remains extremely low. In January, it reached a 13-year low.

Oh no, dont let them think the economy is getting better, it'll just depress them even more after the big loss..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Well, there is this:

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. home prices jumped in February by the largest amount in seven years, evidence that the housing recovery strengthened ahead of the all-important spring-buying season.

Home prices rose 10.2% in February compared with a year earlier, CoreLogic, a real estate data provider, said Wednesday. The annual gain was the biggest since March 2006. Prices have now increased on an annual basis for 12 straight months, underscoring the recovery's steady momentum.

CoreLogic's measure of national prices also rose 0.5% in February from January. That's a solid increase during the winter months, when sales typically slow.

An increase in home sales has helped lift prices. In February, sales of previously owned homes reached the highest level in more than three years.

Another reason prices are rising is the supply of available homes for sale remains extremely low. In January, it reached a 13-year low.

This bears repeating since this is what I have been saying all along....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Well, there is this:

I think we agree that houses are selling and there is a lack of inventory.  Why don`t you (and billy) get that unless you bought your home/property 2-3 years ago..............it doesn`t matter, you`re taking a hit.  Why do you think there`s a lack of inventory?  It`s because people that have owned homes 5-7 years or more cannot sell without taking a 20-40% LOSS.

The people selling are selling because they`re losing the property, they`ve lost their job, or they bought 2 years ago and they`re taking advantage of the slight increase that has happened over the last couple of years.

What don`t you get?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Well, there is this:

I think we agree that houses are selling and there is a lack of inventory.  Why don`t you (and billy) get that unless you bought your home/property 2-3 years ago..............it doesn`t matter, you`re taking a hit.  Why do you think there`s a lack of inventory?  It`s because people that have owned homes 5-7 years or more cannot sell without taking a 20-40% LOSS.

The people selling are selling because they`re losing the property, they`ve lost their job, or they bought 2 years ago and they`re taking advantage of the slight increase that has happened over the last couple of years.

What don`t you get?

Are you talking to me? My argument is and has been what I highlighted in red. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

You guys sound like the rest of the Libs when gas drops .10 cents.  Wow, it`s a big deal, gas dropped, housing is up.  It`s nowhere near where it was.  It`s a disaster.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Well, there is this:

What don`t you get?

Are you talking to me? My argument is and has been what I highlighted in red. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

My bad.  I agree.  Inventory is down because people can`t afford to sell and millions are under water.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Well, there is this:

What don`t you get?

I'm not sure what your argument is here.

Real estate is not a guarantee, as the chart I posted earlier shows. There have been a couple of mini-bubbles, in the 80's and 90's, where the same 5-7 yr window would have put you underwater.

This recovery has been astounding considering the size and scale of it, relative to other corrections.

And don't forget, this latest correction only brought values down to the pre-bubble levels of 2002-03.

In my opinion, the majority (but not all) of the people who bought real estate in the run-up to the bubble were trying to make money. They weren't in it for basic housing needs and they got burned. It's happened before and will happen again.

I would also add that many people re-financed to the higher equity limits in their real estate whether they actually needed the money or not. This is what put many homeowners underwater. They thought that this paper money came without a cost. They were obviously mistaken.

My argument is simple....................FOREVER real estate has been an investment and a safe haven for your money until things fell in 2006/2007.  I`m tired of repeating this in this thread.  You are calling 25-30 years of safe, trusted, growth, a "bubble".........it`s wrong.

Also, yes housing is up (slightly) from 2009.  Big deal!  That only benefits people that bought in the last couple of years.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Well, there is this:

What don`t you get?

I'm not sure what your argument is here.

Real estate is not a guarantee, as the chart I posted earlier shows. There have been a couple of mini-bubbles, in the 80's and 90's, where the same 5-7 yr window would have put you underwater.

This recovery has been astounding considering the size and scale of it, relative to other corrections.

And don't forget, this latest correction only brought values down to the pre-bubble levels of 2002-03.

In my opinion, the majority (but not all) of the people who bought real estate in the run-up to the bubble were trying to make money. They weren't in it for basic housing needs and they got burned. It's happened before and will happen again.

I would also add that many people re-financed to the higher equity limits in their real estate whether they actually needed the money or not. This is what put many homeowners underwater. They thought that this paper money came without a cost. They were obviously mistaken.

My argument is simple....................FOREVER real estate has been an investment and a safe haven for your money until things fell in 2006/2007.  I`m tired of repeating this in this thread.  You are calling 25-30 years of safe, trusted, growth, a "bubble".........it`s wrong.

Also, yes housing is up (slightly) from 2009.  Big deal!  That only benefits people that bought in the last couple of years.

Your premise that real estate is "forever safe" just isn't true.

Look at the graph of home prices.

In those 25-30 yrs you're talking about, there have been TWO real estate bubbles.

If you bought in 1980, in inflation adjusted terms, you would have been underwater for a decade. Any equity would have been erased by inflation.

The same is true for 1990.

Real estate like every other investment is cyclical and not a guarantee of returns.

Graph of historical house prices

Your data is simply wrong and is one example from an ideological source (big surprise).  Here`s something for you............I bought a house in the 80`s and another one in the 90`s.  I made insane money off both.  So did everyone that bought in those decades.  My brother bought in 1983 for 58k.............sold 6 years later for 175k.   "Bubble"?   Stop! You`re killing me. 

We agree that 2006/2007 saw a crash.  2013 prices are up from 2009.  People that bought in 1995-2006 are seriously underwater.  The only people selling are people that HAVE TO SELL.

Real estate goes up, sometimes fast, sometimes slow........but it goes up. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Yah.......it`s  a "bubble"!  (a 50-YEAR BUBBLE)   Sigh

Will real estate ever be a 'safe' investment again? We'll never again see the sort of guaranteed high returns on real estate that defined the last 50 years, say experts. Time to retire the phrase "safe as houses"? By The Week Staff  |  August 24, 2010     inShare 8 Comments Experts say the postââ�¬â��World War II era of good times in residential real estate are over.Experts say the post–World War II era of good times in residential real estate are over. Corbis

"There is no iron law that real estate must appreciate," says Zillow chief economist Stan Humphries, in a New York Times "eulogy" for the housing market. According to experts quoted in the piece, the post–World War II era of good times in residential real estate — when those who invested smartly were practically guaranteed enough wealth to retire and send their kids through college — is over, and may never return. Instead, they say, your home's value will just keep up with inflation. What now? (Watch a Fox Business discussion about the failing housing market)

Real estate's dead? Good riddance: The "thriving real estate industry" gave a boost to the U.S. economy, but its fall to earth will be even better, says Daniel Indiviglio in The Atlantic. If people no longer believe the "false promise" of easy real-estate wealth, maybe they'll invest in more productive assets, like stocks, bonds, and small businesses.
    "Housing is no longer an attractive investment. Now what?"

If The Times says sell, buy: Not so fast, says Dan Bigman in Forbes. The front page of The Times is the "gold standard for conventional wisdom and lagging economic indicators." So if the newspaper is prominently making a "nationwide, generational bet" against housing, "maybe it's time to get greedy again" and start buying residential real estate.
    "NYT sends buy signals on real estate and stocks"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Pssst, you should buy into real estate.

Do it and shut up. If you can, just get into the game.

Okay, Im done with this thread. I tried, ya bunch of boneheads.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Well, there is this:

Oh no, dont let them think the economy is getting better, it'll just depress them even more after the big loss..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Hey dummy.............we`ve been trying to tell you since post # 1, we ARE in the real estate market.  We cannot sell because we would take a bath.

You`re hopeless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

88,000 jobs created

Lowest amount of people in the work force since 1979

I love Obama.  Where is he?.........off on another vacation?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Hey dummy.............we`ve been trying to tell you since post # 1, we ARE in the real estate market.  We cannot sell because we would take a bath.

You`re hopeless.

Okay, I do this one more time. But instead of explaining it to you AGAIN, I'll just c&p from an earlier post.

Okay, you get a special whoooosh.

I say the housing market is booming, you say but but but they're not selling for what they're worth. See the differance? 

People are moving around ya tool. Keep up, will ya? We're not talking about the cost of housing, we're talking about the movement of real estate. Even pinkeye admits to looking to move. Oh, ya freakin dope.

If money changes hands, I get some of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

You`re hopeless.

Okay, I do this one more time. But instead of explaining it to you AGAIN, I'll just c&p from an earlier post.

Okay, you get a special whoooosh.

I say the housing market is booming, you say but but but they're not selling for what they're worth. See the differance? 

People are moving around ya tool. Keep up, will ya? We're not talking about the cost of housing, we're talking about the movement of real estate. Even pinkeye admits to looking to move. Oh, ya freakin dope.

If money changes hands, I get some of it.

Stay with the program will ya billyrat?  Read the thread topic!  It`s the ECONOMY!!!  You brought housing into the conversation.  In fact you said "red hot housing".  You`re wrong! Way wrong! Dead wrong!

We`ve spent 7-pages here trying to tell you that :

1. There`s a dramatic LACK of inventory

2. The only people selling are those that HAVE to.

3. There were 2 million foreclosures last year.

4. Millions are WAY underwater

5. House are selling at 20-40% LESS than they were 5-7-10 years ago.

6. You`re pretty much the dumbest person on earth.