Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself

Apparently airborne has never blamed himself for anything in his life. I find that incredibily hard to believe. Keep lying to yourself airborne....keep lying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself:
    [QUOTE]Cain's comments go to show just how out of touch the republican party is with the situation in this country. I believe in personal responsiblilty as well..but when the jobs aren't there..what do you suggest? Sure..one can flip burgers at McDonald's..but that is not going to get one enough hours or enough income to pay the bills.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

A little of somethign beat a whole lot of nothing.

If McDonalds is the only one hiring, you go to McDonalds.

Look, life isn't fair, and it aint easy.  Action beats inaction every time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Obama 41% ANY republican contender 48% NUFF SAID!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : Now that's funny. In another thread you started you compared this speech to a Carter moment. All the other spineless wingnuts were trashing Obama and yet here they are applauding Cain for the same speech. You wingnuts are truly a bunch of hypocrits!
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

Carter "Malaise" speech was equal to Obama "Soft" speech.  How does this equal Cain saying take some personal responsibility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Action beats inaction every time.

DING DING DING

And here we have the lazy people demanding that they get more from their government or are unwilling to take responsibility for themselves. They want a free ride.

While Obama rides his Canadian busses around campaigning and organizes his union thugs to threaten our financial institutions to divide the country even further... Herman speaks more clearly and to the point every day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : This isn't an issue of responsibility but fairness.  If people have to choose between enormous debt or not going to college then the society is broken.  The fact is an extremely small minority of people in this country have steadily gotten ahead - even during this most recent depression - while the middle and working class have carried the burden of job losses, stagnant salaries, and increasing costs while getting stuck with the bill for the bailouts that they were told were necessary to save the entire system.  In other words sacrifice.  So when do these people get level set and made whole?  And lets not pretend that the events of the Dust Bowl, the depression, or WWII didn't have a significant role played by the government to smooth over the discomfort the average american was dealing with, because that is simply not true, historical events refute any claim of the sort. 
    Posted by DamainAllen[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sympathetic for some kid taking out student loans that exceed the value of his first job.  Did anyone make him do it?  Maybe he should have gone to a Public College/University or better yet started with a community college associate degree, moved on to a bachelor program and maybe if things were going well spend some money on a big name graduate degree.

Education is the next bubble economy.  There were significant programs that the government supported early and mid last century but nothing to the magnitude of today's programs and I can't remember the last scrap metal drive.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

That's right folks....taking personal responsibility is apparently self-loathing...go figure....weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : So, explain to me how anyone, other than the rich and well off, could become a doctor or a MBA or any top level position without taking out student loans. Maybe those are jobs only for those who can afford them? Just curious, how big of a loan did you take out on your first house relative to your income?

I didn't say no loans, but to be smart.  My loan to first job ratio was about 1:3 and it was paid for in 5 or 7 years.  My first home in the early 80's with a 13.5% APR was about three times my salary.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Exactly how can you 'be smart' when applying to med school?
    The only alternative is to pay what it costs or not attend. There isn't any wiggle room in college tuition or fees.

So why do you assume these students have loan ratios above yours?
    Could it be as someone posted that with tuition and fees rising faster than inflation that these students are being priced out of college through no fault of their own?
    Do you really think these students just accumulate all this debt because they like to have it hanging over their heads?
    They are college students after all. Smart enough to realize the need for advanced education

What do you propose be done about high cost of college education?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : So, explain to me how anyone, other than the rich and well off, could become a doctor or a MBA or any top level position without taking out student loans. Maybe those are jobs only for those who can afford them? Just curious, how big of a loan did you take out on your first house relative to your income?

Have you considered that the American Dream is not to be rich, but to be able to pursue happiness?  Not everyone can or should be a doctor.  It would take the thrill out of the achievement out of it. 

Besides, what's wrong with loans, and working for it?  I worked and took loans for both my undergraduate and graduate programs, both private schools, both expensive.  To tell you the truth, I am not sure it was worth it, not because it didn't help me make money, but when you get to my age, you realize somewhere along the line, that what you needed you already have.

These kids protesting because no one will give them what the expect?  They already have what they are going to have, when they are 30, 40, and beyond.  Right now, it looks like they have a bad attitude  Some of them will wake up along the way.  The money, the job, that ain't it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

The world nor the government OWE (of the people by the people) you anything!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

These kids protesting because no one will give them what the expect?  They already have what they are going to have, when they are 30, 40, and beyond.  Right now, it looks like they have a bad attitude  Some of them will wake up along the way.  The money, the job, that ain't it.

Let's face it they're college kids...they know NOTHING about life. They THINK they know. They THINK they have the answers. Soon they will realize they don't. It's part of the growing up process.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : From my post above. There was a massive confluence of bad public policy and poor regulation that caused the meltdown in 2008. This covers the majority of the problem; the under regulated dervitive market, the others to a much lesser degree unless you count Madoff but he only bilked rich people. No I like a good Regina fresh slice of pepers and sausage. 
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

You really don't know what happened, do you? 

Doesn't it make you wonder why the same financial entities which contributed to the collapse are now fighting tooth-and-nail to block the type of regulation which would have prevented such a disaster...??

Something as 'common sense' as position limits - to prevent any single trader or brokerage from influencing too much of the market - are being pilloried as "over-regulation".  That's insanity for you.

The financial industry players have proven time and again that they are unable to police themselves and will flout every rule once the regulators' backs are turned.  They simply cannot be trusted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

[QUOTE]Republican proposal to cut student financial aid. More than 1 million students would be ineligible for Pell Grants under the Republican proposal, according to Mark Kantrowitz, who publishes FinAid, a website that provides financial-aid advice....the GOP's budget proposal, would trim the maximum Pell Grant by 15 percent Over all, the changes would cut $2.3 billion from the Pell Grant program in 2012. •Cut the maximum Pell Grant to $4,705, and eliminate the Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership Programs, which also help institutions and states provide need-based financial assistance. The Pell Grant cut would affect about 8 million students, according to the Institute for College Access and Success.  Programs for colleges that serve significant numbers of black students (but are not historically black), Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders, Alaskan Natives and Native Hawaiians, and Native Americans would be wiped out, as would federal money for tribal colleges. The budget for Hispanic-serving institutions would be cut 83 percent; historically black colleges and universities would face a 36 percent cut.

IF the country is to survive.. the delineation between needs and wants must be made. I sense your focus on this one cut is more obfuscation than directly to the socio economic evolution discussed above.

Did't the Messiah recently tell HIS people to stop whinning, take off the bedroom slippers and man up?
    Didn't Obama say sacrifices will need to be made in all corners of our society?

Yet the violins play loud as each POLITICAL special interest group must sacrifice.

We are weak and spoiled. The current divisions prove it.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

The children protesting offer NO solution.. just sticking their hands out for mo free cash and bennies. Now the union thugs will jump on the wagon.
    How stupid these kids are NOT to understand that these unions are their enemy.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

More lying, hypocrisy and generalizing from airborne...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself :  We are weak and spoiled. The current divisions prove it.  
    Posted by KittyDuke[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I'm not sure it's for the same reason.

The courageous move is to put aside differences and try to work together.  If we don't get it from our leaders, we'll have to get it from ourselves.

I once thought a divided govt would be forced to get things done.  I was wrong.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

So now you have to put forth a plan if you want to protest?

Hahaha....no, it makes perfect sense to protest without having ANY solutions to offer...how do you make it through the day without killing yourself?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts