Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself

That Obama smooth as silk charm is rubbing off...

I just think things could be worse.....
    I could be a sack-o-suds pathetic loser like you.
    It never fails to brighten my day.
    Thanks troll.

You're in a time out mister.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I just think things could be worse.....
    I could be a sack-o-suds pathetic loser like you.
    It never fails to brighten my day.
    Thanks troll.

Oh no...I was called a troll...ouch. I've learned my ways. You've set me straight....sigh.

Let's face it airborne....it kills you that you're dead wrong and I'm right. So much so you'll go to your death trying to convince yourself that taking blame for something is NOT taking responsibility but self-loathing. That is beyond idiotic. But....that is you!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

I  agree, but I'm not sure it's for the same reason.
    The courageous move is to put aside differences and try to work together.  If we don't get it from our leaders, we'll have to get it from ourselves.
    I once thought a divided govt would be forced to get things done.  I was wrong.

Your last observation bothers me. While I agree with the thought.. what chance is there is one or more partys are feeding the division? ... Answer: none.
    Leadership IS what we are lacking. I do not point to my favorite target only but to all in Washington.

Yes, sacrifices must be made (by all).
    Targeting just the rich (just rhetoric to me) and without serious cuts in programs (ALL programs) .. I see no path to recovery.
    We transcend politics and re-elections.. to survival.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Hey numbnutz, taking the blame for something only makes sense if it's your's and only your fault, or if you are into self-loathing.
    Just because some whacko wingnut says it's your fault doesn't make it true.
    If your first reaction, like yours is, that "Ya it must be my fault because this idiot says it is" then you're not only a moron with no self-esteem, you're also into self- loathing.

"taking the blame for something only makes sense if it's your's and only your fault"

That's what I'm talking about you mindless dolt. So you agree with me. Why didn't you just admit that earlier.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Or maybe you're the one person in the country that signed all those sub-prime loans or took bets with depositors money that failed miserablly.
    Then ya it is your fault.
    Otherwise, shut up and stop letting other people tell you what you should and shouldn't take the blame for. Unless you're into self-loathing.

It would have been my fault if I was dumb enough to sign a mortgage that was over my head like MANY did. They have only themselves to blame.
    Since I didn't I don't take any blame....no blame to take. See how that works. I only take blame for my own mistakes dumba55

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Silly rabbit.. Trix are for kids.

and I thought Cains pointed comments were the topic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Once again you have proved that you are the most ignorant and pathetic troll on these boards.

Geez, your post doesn't even make any sense.
    Unless you're trying to agree that you're a loser with no self-esteem who likes, no needs, people telling you what you should take the blame for.
    In that case...self-loathing it is.

Thanks for proving that your projecting self-loathing, not internalizing it.

Can't wait for another of your oh-so intelligent "i'm right" retort.

Wow...I couldn't have been more clear that I only take blame when something is my OWN fault. And yet you still couldn't grasp that. That's just sad. Carry on.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself:
    [QUOTE]I  agree, but I'm not sure it's for the same reason. The courageous move is to put aside differences and try to work together.  If we don't get it from our leaders, we'll have to get it from ourselves. I once thought a divided govt would be forced to get things done.  I was wrong. Your last observation bothers me. While I agree with the thought.. what chance is there is one or more partys are feeding the division? ... Answer: none. Leadership IS what we are lacking. I do not point to my favorite target only but to all in Washington. Yes, sacrifices must be made (by all). Targeting just the rich (just rhetoric to me) and without serious cuts in programs (ALL programs) .. I see no path to recovery. We transcend politics and re-elections.. to survival.
    Posted by KittyDuke[/QUOTE]

"Sacrifice" is exactly what was called for by POTUS back in Jan 2009, before anyone really knew how deep and systemic the financial damage was.  Nobody said it would be easy or quick, and yet those who are demanding everything fixed by now is a pure fantasy.

So, what has the loyal opposition sacrificed for the greater good of getting the ship righted?  What have the wealthy offered up as grist for solutions??  Executive bonuses?  Corporate jets?  Another 3-4% off the top?

NO...that would be "class warfare", right?

How about the mortgage holders help the borrowers refinance??  Or investing in a needed infrastructure project??  Or fixing up a school??  Or bringing some of their overseas profits home, no strings attached??  Or waiting a few years to outsource their business??

If this is warfare, whose side are you on, anyway?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Republican proposal to cut student financial aid. More than 1 million students would be ineligible for Pell Grants under the Republican proposal, according to Mark Kantrowitz, who publishes FinAid, a website that provides financial-aid advice....the GOP's budget proposal, would trim the maximum Pell Grant by 15 percent Over all, the changes would cut $2.3 billion from the Pell Grant program in 2012. •Cut the maximum Pell Grant to $4,705, and eliminate the Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership Programs, which also help institutions and states provide need-based financial assistance. The Pell Grant cut would affect about 8 million students, according to the Institute for College Access and Success.  Programs for colleges that serve significant numbers of black students (but are not historically black), Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders, Alaskan Natives and Native Hawaiians, and Native Americans would be wiped out, as would federal money for tribal colleges. The budget for Hispanic-serving institutions would be cut 83 percent; historically black colleges and universities would face a 36 percent cut.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

I'll mark you down as a thoughtless fraud, and someone who DEFINITELY does not get it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : "Sacrifice" is exactly what was called for by POTUS back in Jan 2009, before anyone really knew how deep and systemic the financial damage was.  Nobody said it would be easy or quick, and yet those who are demanding everything fixed by now is a pure fantasy. So, what has the loyal opposition sacrificed for the greater good of getting the ship righted?  What have the wealthy offered up as grist for solutions??  Executive bonuses?  Corporate jets?  Another 3-4% off the top? NO...that would be "class warfare", right? How about the mortgage holders help the borrowers refinance??  Or investing in a needed infrastructure project??  Or fixing up a school??  Or bringing some of their overseas profits home, no strings attached??  Or waiting a few years to outsource their business?? If this is warfare, whose side are you on, anyway?
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Yah, Obama is sacrificing us, alright.

Listen, the only thing Obama is bringing to this country is shared poverty.  We have sadly become a country where some people think they are owed something from someone else, fo no reason other than drawing a breath.  this is the Obama constituency.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : Exactly how can you 'be smart' when applying to med school? The only alternative is to pay what it costs or not attend. There isn't any wiggle room in college tuition or fees. So why do you assume these students have loan ratios above yours? Could it be, as someone posted, that with tuition and fees rising faster than inflation that these students are being priced out of college through no fault of their own? Do you really think these students just accumulate all this debt because they like to have it hanging over their heads? They are college students after all. Smart enough to realize the need for advanced education.

You're mixing apples and oranges, I don't believe that any of the disgruntled masses at "occupy whereever" are med students, and yes they do have extraordinary education costs exceeding $300k, but then again they start at over $100K, so its a good investment.

Most of them were whining about $80K plus debt, for a nice liberal arts college degree in say ancient history.  Yes they now have a nice degree and are very smart but proved that they are unemployable unless they want to go back and get a teaching certificate or become a museum docent, neither of which jobs would help them pay for their student loans.

These students made their own decisions and they signed for their loans and they should have had an idea to what they wanted to do for a job when they grew up.  I applied to 3 engineering schools; my dream, my reality and my safety.  I was accepted to all 3 but my dream I couldn't afford and I almost had to accept my safety commuter school until I got a little financial aid, plus some loans that I could handle, which I did.

The disgruntled students weren't smart enough to realize that they had to pay back their loans and they learned a lesson of the school of hard knocks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : You really don't know what happened, do you?  .... The financial industry players have proven time and again that they are unable to police themselves and will flout every rule once the regulators' backs are turned.  They simply cannot be trusted.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Matty, I guess I need you to tell me what really happened.........You don't trust business and I don't trust government, especially one that has decided to start class warfare and appears to be doing a good job of it.

I found Cain intriguing but he is looking better, not my first choice but I could vote for him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

Could we not trust both government nor big business?  Could we not trust either the Dems or the Repubs?  Could both parties be full of wrong ideas?

Could there be a better way than to have a strong (in my mind inherently corrupt) federal government.  Could local communities, charitable organizations and local governments do better than Mordor on the Potomac?

For once I'm not being totally flip or jaded and am curious what people really think.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

You're mixing apples and oranges, I don't believe that any of the disgruntled masses at "occupy whereever" are med students, and yes they do have extraordinary education costs exceeding $300k, but then again they start at over $100K, so its a good investment.

Most of them were whining about $80K plus debt, for a nice liberal arts college degree in say ancient history.  Yes they now have a nice degree and are very smart but proved that they are unemployable unless they want to go back and get a teaching certificate or become a museum docent, neither of which jobs would help them pay for their student loans.

These students made their own decisions and they signed for their loans and they should have had an idea to what they wanted to do for a job when they grew up.  I applied to 3 engineering schools; my dream, my reality and my safety.  I was accepted to all 3 but my dream I couldn't afford and I almost had to accept my safety commuter school until I got a little financial aid, plus some loans that I could handle, which I did.

The disgruntled students weren't smart enough to realize that they had to pay back their loans and they learned a lesson of the school of hard knocks.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe

Perfectly stated!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : Wow, you sure know an awful lot about these protesters. Just curious, do you have any evidence that all these protesters are liberal arts students? Heck do you have evidence that a majority of the protesters are kids in dead end programs and their only complaint is student loans? And what if the kid can't be an engineer like you? I guess s/he shouldn't be in school at all. Who needs more authors or translators or librarians or art curators or musicians or any of those useless degrees? Yep, someone has to make the correct decision for these kids. They have to be educated in the 'right' degrees to be any benefit to society. Money is the only factor that should be considered when choosing a profession.

I based my opinion on two radio interviews (wrko and NPR), one TV news segment (one of the big three) and reading stories.  My opinion is generalized but I believe it is fairly accurate although not absolute.

Money (cost of education) is of course a key factor in obtaining your formal education and yes there should be a basic return on investment consideration on the cost of your education.  You also need to have a passion for what you're going to do for 40 years.

I don't think you need a Harvard degree to be a municipal librarian, or an elementary school teacher, if you do your over qualified and under paid to pay off your loans. We used to have public teaching colleges supported by the state college systems.  The provided good specialized education for future educators at a reasonable cost.  Now most of these teachers colleges have upgraded to universities, for more cost while providing the same service.  Education is the next financial bubble to pop.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself : Wow, you sure know an awful lot about these protesters. Just curious, do you have any evidence that all these protesters are liberal arts students? Heck do you have evidence that a majority of the protesters are kids in dead end programs and their only complaint is student loans? And what if the kid can't be an engineer like you? I guess s/he shouldn't be in school at all. Who needs more authors or translators or librarians or art curators or musicians or any of those useless degrees? Yep, someone has to make the correct decision for these kids. They have to be educated in the 'right' degrees to be any benefit to society. Money is the only factor that should be considered when choosing a profession.

If they do have professional degrees, then what the heck are they doing smoking ganga on Wall St. when the should be working?  Unemployment for college educated people is 4.5%.  These dopes have no excuse other than stupidity.