Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Call me a male chauvinist !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Call me a male chauvinist !

No women in combat !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

Re: Call me a male chauvinist !

Ok, I'll be in the kitchen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

Ok, I'll be in the kitchen. 

Make sure you are barefooted too !

BTW I don't want you there either but if you are how about a chickenpot pie !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Haha...I don't think you are a male chauvinist..every guy I know feels the same way you do...but most women I know ( especially the younger ones) feel that women should be allowed in combat.

I don't know how I feel about it...but mostly I feel that men have certain strengths and women have certain strengths and that they should capitalize on the strengths they have. In other words I don't believe in general that women on the front lines in combat is the best scenario.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Psssst, women in the US military are already in combat.

Does anyone read the news about the Iraq or Afghanistan wars?

In asymmetrical wars like these there is no demarcation of combat areas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

I think we all know woman are already in combat, duh.

I think the OP by sistersledge was that he doesn't like the idea of them being in combat. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

I think we all know woman are already in combat, duh.

I think the OP by sistersledge was that he doesn't like the idea of them being in combat. 

You beat me to it. Apparently reading comprehension isn't high on 12-angry's list

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

I think we all know woman are already in combat, duh. I think the OP by sistersledge was that he doesn't like the idea of them being in combat. 

Geepers you idiots are ridiculous. 

Sister is referring to a lawsuit by a woman who wants to be in a combat designated MOS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

I think we all know woman are already in combat, duh. I think the OP by sistersledge was that he doesn't like the idea of them being in combat. 

Sister is referring to a lawsuit by a woman who wants to be in a combat designated MOS.

Oh, sorry. Forgot to put on my mind reading headgear.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Read the Globe.  It's the least you can do if you use their forum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Read the Globe.  It's the least you can do if you use their forum.

What fun would that be?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Geez, some freakin basic commonsense would suffice.

100 women military deaths in Iraq alone.

Sister isn't some knee-jerk wingnut, he actually is informed. He didn't just all of a sudden, a year after Iraq ended, blurt out "no women in combat".

A woman sues to be in a combat designated MOS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

Geez, some freakin basic commonsense would suffice.

100 women military deaths in Iraq alone.

Sister isn't some knee-jerk wingnut, he actually is informed. He didn't just all of a sudden, a year after Iraq ended, blurt out "no women in combat".

A woman sues to be in a combat designated MOS.

A link to the original story would have helped, or at the least a referal to the story.  I'll remember your rules next time one of us "wingnuts" leave out the meat of a story. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

If a woman wants to be in combat so be it. After all aren't men and women equals??? Either we are or we aren't. Can't pick and choose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

If a woman wants to be in combat so be it. After all aren't men and women equals??? Either we are or we aren't. Can't pick and choose.

Hmmm, could this be considered some type of war on woman? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

Hmmm, could this be considered some type of war on woman? 

There is always going to be someone who might think so. Hell, no matter what is said there's always someone who somehow finds a way for it to be offensive. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

It's not a matter of gender but physical ability.

Just as there are men who are not fit for combat, the same holds true for women.

My take is that if a woman can pass the PFT to the same standards as a man then she should have the same choice of MOS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

My take is that if a woman can pass the PFT to the same standards as a man then she should have the same choice of MOS.

But do they have the same standards? I know they don't for police and fire academies. Which is disgusting. Sorry but a woman shouldn't get to carry a lighter load to pass the physical requirements. What happens in a fire where she needs to carry a much heavy person? There shouldn't be special requirements for women. 

Whether you're a male or female if you can't, for ex., carry a 250 person to safety then you don't belong in the job.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

The PFT in the military have been lowered so a male has to meet the standard set for a woman . The standard that a woman has to meet is about 2/3 of what a male use to have to meet. I imagine it's the same for Fire, Police also.

For what it's worth the nation of Israel is a nation of WARRIORS and they won't allow women in combat unit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

The PFT in the military have been lowered so a male has to meet the standard set for a woman . The standard that a woman has to meet is about 2/3 of what a male use to have to meet. I imagine it's the same for Fire, Police also.

For what it's worth the nation of Israel is a nation of WARRIORS and they won't allow women in combat unit.

Sad that we've had to lower the standards. Can't imagine what those standards will be 20 years from now and so on.

Christ, a good number of the kids that come out for my high school team can't even do one REAL push up. It's awful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Christ, a good number of the kids that come out for my high school team can't even do one REAL push up. It's awful.

Ah..... and they wrestle? Now that is an embarassment. They should be able to do hundreds over the course of practice, and at the veryleast 30 or 40 in a row.

I'd say consider throwing one out in a varsity match against a team you don't have a chance against so they understand why they need to hit the gym. But then...I suppose you would get sued if they got hurt.

And we do hundreds. But these specific individuals do the most sorry a55 push ups you've ever seen. Thankfully, most have quit already. We expect more to drop today. Then we'll be left with a good group who can actually do "real" pushups. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

The PFT in the military have been lowered so a male has to meet the standard set for a woman . The standard that a woman has to meet is about 2/3 of what a male use to have to meet. I imagine it's the same for Fire, Police also.  For what it's worth the nation of Israel is a nation of WARRIORS and they won't allow women in combat unit.

Actually no.

The fitness standards are higher for males than females.

In fact, looking at the tables they look the same as when I was in service in the 80's if I remember correctly.

http://www.army-fitness.com/index.php

Women in combat;

Countries who currently allow women to serve in combat include Israel, France, Germany, New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Serbia, Sweden and Switzerland. The United Kingdom allows women to serve in an Artillery capacity, but they are excluded from a dedicated infantry division.

A recent Pentagon commission on diversity has recommended that American women be allowed to serve in combat. Maybe if they took a trip to Afghanistan right now and checked under a few helmets, they'd find many females right in the thick of things. When a combat unit leaves United States soil for the the war zone, they do not pull all the women out of line and leave them here at home to tend to their knitting. They are shipped out with their unit, and are trained to fight the same as their male counterparts.

http://www.squidoo.com/military-women-in-combat

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

That's not chauvinism.

That's downright sexism.

And as a man, it's simply not my call nor any of my business.

And yet the military would do well to prevent or resolve the many cases of sexual assault and rape against enlisted female soldiers.  The data I've seen shows a serious problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

If EVERY mother's son/daughter stood an equal chance of doing a tour in Afghanistan or Iraq, these stupid wars would never have happened.  Bring back the draft to stop the wars.

Sections
Shortcuts