Call me a male chauvinist !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: Call me a male chauvinist !

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

The PFT in the military have been lowered so a male has to meet the standard set for a woman . The standard that a woman has to meet is about 2/3 of what a male use to have to meet. I imagine it's the same for Fire, Police also.  For what it's worth the nation of Israel is a nation of WARRIORS and they won't allow women in combat unit.

Actually no.

The fitness standards are higher for males than females.

In fact, looking at the tables they look the same as when I was in service in the 80's if I remember correctly.

http://www.army-fitness.com/index.php

Women in combat;

Countries who currently allow women to serve in combat include Israel, France, Germany, New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Serbia, Sweden and Switzerland. The United Kingdom allows women to serve in an Artillery capacity, but they are excluded from a dedicated infantry division.

A recent Pentagon commission on diversity has recommended that American women be allowed to serve in combat. Maybe if they took a trip to Afghanistan right now and checked under a few helmets, they'd find many females right in the thick of things. When a combat unit leaves United States soil for the the war zone, they do not pull all the women out of line and leave them here at home to tend to their knitting. They are shipped out with their unit, and are trained to fight the same as their male counterparts.

http://www.squidoo.com/military-women-in-combat

[/QUOTE]

Hey 12AM,

I was in the Army in the 80's and the females did have lower standards for the PT test than the men. They could easily max the PT test and then not handle a simple unit run.  I have no problem with them in other branches of the Army. Look at Rep. Tammy Duckworth. She was a great Army Aviator. But the Infantry is no place for a woman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Question of the Day: At Officer Candidates School (OCS), candidates must complete the Quigley, an obstacle course comprised of a four-foot trench filled with muddy water. 

Who is the Quigley named after? 

This photo is property of the United States Marine Corps Division of Public Affairs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

Question of the Day: At Officer Candidates School (OCS), candidates must complete the Quigley, an obstacle course comprised of a four-foot trench filled with muddy water. 

This photo is property of the United States Marine Corps Division of Public Affairs.

[/QUOTE]

That is motivating!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

she should get a soldiers haircut and meet soldier standards.

Because that's what f**king matters when someone is stuffing their intestines back inside of themselves so that I do not have to.

[/QUOTE]

That's the reason for the old saying "more sweat in training equals less blood in combat".  What matters is soldiers meeting equal standards for everything. It starts with the haircut.  Don't get so bitter.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is motivating!

[/QUOTE]

Nothing like a woman handling a big log....

just sayin"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is motivating!

[/QUOTE]

just sayin"

[/QUOTE]

Good one !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is motivating!

[/QUOTE]

just sayin"

[/QUOTE]

Good one !

[/QUOTE]

LOL