Can a conservative explain the definition of "honesty" to conservatives?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Can a conservative explain the definition of

Remember how this most direct and beneficial tax cut for the middle class barely came about, but almost didn't, because of the resistance of the lower-your-taxes loyal opposition?  It was one of the ironies of recent tax policy struggles. 

To be clear: This tax cut was thanks to the democrats, and was resisted by the republicans every inch of the way (aka "NIH").  Their last ditch was to demand offsets unrelated to Social Security.  Now do you remember? 

Did extension stand a chance in the 2012 "lower-your-taxes" republican congress?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Judging by the incoherent wingnut arguments, tax cuts are only 'good' tax cuts if;

A) They are in effect for some indeterminate length of time, which only the wingnts can divine.

A basic standard income tax rate that has been in effect continuously for 10 years, is still considered a "tax cut"? What kind of bizarre logic is that?-- booboo

B) They are proposed and adopted by the wingnuts.

[/QUOTE]

C)  They are for their top percentile buddies, of course under the cover of the current version of trickle down, for whom they will fight to the brink.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImYourDaddy. Show ImYourDaddy's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I ask because a number of conservative posters here have been griping about how their taxes will go up as a result of the expiration of the payroll tax cut.

Clearly, they are either liars or imbeciles. (Possibly both).

Obama demanded an extension of the payroll tax cut.

Republicans refused to extend the payroll tax cut.

Therefore the payroll tax cut expired.

Therefore, expect $1,000-$2,000 more out of your payroll this year.

How is the Republican refusal to extend the payroll tax cut Obama's fault?

Obama isn't congress, let alone a member of congress. So he can't vote for the payroll tax cut.

So what's all the b!tching about? Complete ignorance about how laws get passed? Compulsive lying syndrome? 'Tarding it up for a reaction?

Would you prefer him to declare martial law and extend the payroll tax cut by decree?

I mean really...how much of a  f**king stupid liar can you be to blame Obama for a Republican refusal to enact the payroll tax cut extension Obama wanted?

This ploy is even lamer than the conservative Benghazi lie.

So please....conservatives....if you think you are honestly blaming Obama for Republicans refusal to extend the payroll tax cut....what is your definition of honesty?

This is mine:

"honest":

free from fraud or deception : legitimate, truthful <an honest plea>

Is this one of those things where you say the opposite of whatever the accused libruls says, because that's what Hannity ordered you to do?          

[/QUOTE]

That was not a payroll tax cut ... is a deduction into SSN fund  .... to pay for welfare and all the illegals that want free healthcare ,  Something that Liberal champion

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

"honesty" is not claiming that taxes are not going up on the middle class when you claim they are.

Then, when finding out that you are not in command of all the facts, basically yell ans scream that it is the Republican fault.

all this and you think it is a "conservtive" issue.

You fools got caught beleiving the hype, and now you are scrambling for cover.  Too funny!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Amazing how to liberals, Obama escapes responsibility for the provisions of a bill he signed.

Doesnt matter what he supposedly wanted or didnt want during negotations. Obama owns this bill. As do Republicans who voted for it. Obama crowed that he "won"...and he gets a pass on the bill?

Same delusional thinking that after 4 years of his massively-failed Democratic policies in place, Obama has no accountability for the crappy economy.

And yes, the President who blathered on endlessly that "the wealthiest corporations and individuals shouldnt take advantage of loopholes and deductions available to most Americans", signed a bill giving  his favored wealthy corporations like GE and CitiGroup,  and his wealthy cronies, special loopholes and deductions.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can a LWNJ tell us whose final signature  is on the bill?

[/QUOTE]

Good God ! Are you intentionally ignorant. Now what? You want Obama to stand up to your own party? Are you kidding me? Ever hear of compromise?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Moreover..it was a temporary measure only. At least the government finally seems to get the difference between temporary and permanent.

You have to love the right wingers. Didn't they all complain vociferously about the stimulus..and about what it was costing? The payroll tax cut was part of the stimulus that they cried about repeatedly. Now that the stimulus program has ramped down they are crying poor mouth?

BTW..if you want to keep more of your income..increase your retirement contributions. That's what I did..in anticipation of the payroll tax returning to it's original rate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Moreover..it was a temporary measure only. At least the government finally seems to get the difference between temporary and permanent.

You have to love the right wingers. Didn't they all complain vociferously about the stimulus..and about what it was costing? The payroll tax cut was part of the stimulus that they cried about repeatedly. Now that the stimulus program has ramped down they are crying poor mouth?

BTW..if you want to keep more of your income..increase your retirement contributions. That's what I did..in anticipation of the payroll tax returning to it's original rate.

[/QUOTE]

The rightwingers have no shame:)......... They are Pathetic.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If you search for tenderness

it isn't  hard to find

you can have the love you need to live

but if you look for truthfulness

you might just as well be blind

it always seems to be so hard to give

Honesty is such a lonely word

everyone is so untrue

honesty is hardly ever heard

and mostly what I need from you

I can always find someone

to say they sympathize

If I wear my heart out on my sleeve.

But I don't want some pretty face

to tell me pretty lies.

all I want is someone to believe.

....Billy Joel....1978....not much has changed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The funny thing, and I mean funny, is how many OBama voters are waking up and finally figuring out it was Obama and the Democrats that lied to them.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/

Yah, this thread is a nice attempt at shifting the arument, but, at the end of the day, Obama raised taxes on everybody. Oh, and next up is a TRILLION dollars of new taxes in 2013, at least, that's the Democrat plan.  Now, how are you going to raise a trillion dollars without raising taxes and taking assets from the middle class?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Let's talk about "honesty" for a moment.

The national debt has grown nearly 6 trillion dollars in the last four years but Obama pretends that raising taxes on "the rich" can solve this problem. This is an obvious lie. Taxing the rich would only put a very minor dent in the debt behemoth.

Republicans are taking a more honest approach by returning the payroll tax to where it once was. Now, just as Obama said he wanted years ago, eveyone has some skin in the game.

So who's fault is it, the people who have been diligently trying to hold the line on spending or the one's who are pretending that we can go on forever borrowing and spending?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

You really ARE that stupid, aren't you.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2009/01/obama-calls-for-2/

"Well, right now, I’m focused on a pretty heavy lift, which is making sure we get that reinvestment and recovery package in place. But what you described is exactly what we’re going to have to do. What we have to do is to take a look at our structural deficit, how are we paying for government? What are we getting for it? And how do we make the system more efficient?"

"And eventually sacrifice from everyone?" I asked.

"Everybody’s going to have to give. Everybody’s going to have to have some skin in the game," Obama said.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's talk about "honesty" for a moment.

Republicans are taking a more honest approach by returning the payroll tax to where it once was. Now, just as Obama said he wanted years ago, eveyone has some skin in the game.

[/QUOTE]

The "honesty" point is directed at BDC conservatives.

I'm not complaining about the absence of the payroll tax cut. I have a problem with BDC conservatives who complain about their post-cut-expiration paychex and blame Obama for it.

ie, tvoter, msobstinate, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Who signed it into law?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts