Can we agree to just ignore Sheeple?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Can we agree to just ignore Sheeple?

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to andiejen's comment:

14 posts later. Not one recipe.

jed,

Noted.  A good try.

Btw, I do not think refusing to engage someone equates to taking away their freedom of speech. 

Many posters do not engage Sheeple. They do not announce it. They just do not do it. Same goes for MrCricket. 

IMO no poster should feel any pressure to engage any other poster. 

I never expected this thread to becomesuch a cat fight. And still, not one recipe.

jed,

Not your fault. Seems some posters needed to vent. 

Heh...maybe Sheeple will name a thread after you as well. 

I will try to think of a recipe. I am not all that creative. 

I needed to vent as well. And I thought I'd found a creative and innocuous way of doing so. All I really asked for were recipes. I didn't intend this to happen.

jed,

I have had the same idea. But it will only work if everyone...or nearly everyone...participates.

Felt the same way about MrCricket. Yes, he too has been slapped silly all over the forums as well as had humor used to deflect his many ugly posts but he is still with us.

I take solace in the fact that nobody has buddied up with either of them. Not much of a silver lining I know but it is something.

Also remember that Sheeple went away for some time. So, for all the attention he is draining from us now, there is no reason to believe he will not go away again.

As someone told me before, maybe keeping him busy here stops him from doing something awful in the real world.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Scrapple or haggis comes to mind. You know, made from the stuff that's left over once you've eaten all the good bits?

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Tripe does come to mind.

It has a couple of definitions that may not be coincidences in this case.

"stomach tissue especially of a ruminant (as an ox) used as food. 2. : something poor, worthless, or offensive."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Get it from a grass fed animal and I'll be right there with you!

--

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Who is Mrcricket???

Jiminy of course!

--

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Okay..well that's something I can agree on. The policy I've had for the past few weeks is to put the spammers on Ignore. It makes it much easier to go through threads. I do the same for "Mrcricket/godverment" because frankly...I just find that poster creepy.

In the spirit of your thread..I'll even toss in a recipe. I don't like or eat anything sheep or lamb related..but DH loves lamb so every now and then I make the following for him:

Combine olive oil, garlic and sage in a small bowl. Coat lamb chops on both sides with mixture and throw on the grill for a few minuts on each side.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

BTW..at the risk of offending a couple of posters..I would just like to point out that this conversation would not even be necessary in the Politics forum if Andiejen had not gone and encouraged Sheeple to come here. He/She/It seemed quite content to monopolize the National forum with all the various rantings. Now..it seems that he/she/it feels like they have free reign to clog up the politics forum.

Sometimes too much posting has bad consequences...this is one of those times!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

BTW..at the risk of offending a couple of posters..I would just like to point out that this conversation would not even be necessary in the Politics forum if Andiejen had not gone and encouraged Sheeple to come here. He/She/It seemed quite content to monopolize the National forum with all the various rantings. Now..it seems that he/she/it feels like they have free reign to clog up the politics forum.

Sometimes too much posting has bad consequences...this is one of those times!

miscricket,

Yes, in a round about way I guess I did.

But now I have him all over me. Example the thread devoted to me.

Not having a crystal ball, one thing that might be different is MrCricket would have more dominance.

Second, Sheeple, after his respite, might have noticed MrCricket and figured it out on his own.

Third, I am not the only poster who made that suggestion to Sheeple....that he make friends with MrCticket. Not even the first.

All that being said, what is left to do but pull up our big girl panties and deal with it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

jed,

I was thinking about the title of your thread.

What about you and I do that. He does not jump into other poster's threads.

So at the same time we make a concerted effort to start interesting threads. Maybe other posters will start to follow. At least they will spend some of their time on our threads. More time on our threads...less on his.

Some posters do contribute but do not start all that many threads. If they see something interesting to them then they post.

Hopefuly this will eventually lighten "supply" as it were.

So, just as we have taken his own threads away from him, perhaps we can pretty much take back General Politics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hey Jed.... I think all the lamb recipes might have gotten to sheeplenation. He seems to be back as terrifiedsheep...lol

Sections
Shortcuts