Candidate subjected to actual racism gets no attention from "race sensitive" liberals and media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

Candidate subjected to actual racism gets no attention from "race sensitive" liberals and media

The MSNBC cable news network is forever on the lookout for racially-tinged "code words" in Republican speeches and "dog whistle" ads by GOP super PACs against Democrats. But the network's keen sense of outrage is conspicuously absent when it comes to attacks by Democratic groups against Mia Love, the African-American Republican Mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah, who is challenging long-time liberal Rep. Jim Matheson (D).

Michael Warren of the Weekly Standard reported on Sept. 28 about a Utah State Democratic Committee mailer that darkened Love's skin tone. Warren also linked to a Blue Dog Democrat-linked Super PAC ad that falsely charged that Love's record is summed up in the words "skyrocketing crime"...isnt that a Chris Matthews "dog whistle" term?

GOP House candidate Mia Love of Utah says she was “disappointed but not surprised” by the racist materials sent to her office in Saratoga Springs.

Can you keep another secret? Shhhhh...Texas is about to elect yet another Republican Hispanic US Senator.....Dem US Senators are all white, all the time....

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81736.html#ixzz28H1bo4A7

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Candidate subjected to actual racism gets no attention from

I'm not sure I the point of darkening her skin tone.  Her skin color is definitely darker on the mailer, but it's not like her true skin color is light.  She is not a light skinned black person.

maybe it has something to do with her opponent being co-chair of the Blue Dog Coalition in the House.  Matheson is considered to be conservative by party standards.  Or maybe he's trying to tap into the fears of his constituents which happens to be predominantly Republican.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not sure I the point of darkening her skin tone.  Her skin color is definitely darker on the mailer, but it's not like her true skin color is light.  She is not a light skinned black person.

maybe it has something to do with her opponent being co-chair of the Blue Dog Coalition in the House.  Matheson is considered to be conservative by party standards.  Or maybe he's trying to tap into the fears of his constituents which happens to be predominantly Republican.

[/QUOTE]

Democrats do all sorts of racist things that they get to skate on.  How about making condi rice look like a devil woman? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Playing the race card I see.  How very "liberal" of you all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

O NO

Sections
Shortcuts