Carlos Arrendondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Carlos Arrendondo

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

Just because it's emotional and sad doesnt make pointing out the truth "hateful or angry character". 

Just like not passing background checks that would have done nothing to stop the Newtown murders while the Newtown parents are grieving is not mean, malice or putting politics above people!

But, if, someone wanted to use a tragedy to make a political point or change then the other side was spot on in their actions!!

[QUOTE]

You are confusing your political fueled opinions as the 'truth'.

[QUOTE]

No the truth is real regardless of politics. Just because you dont like it doesnt make it mean or untrue! 

[QUOTE]

So you're saying that Carlos Arrendondo is notone of many heroes?

[QUOTE]

No I am saying that because he was courageous and helped people under extreme circumstances does not mean someone mentioning that he broke the law and came here illegally is mean or hateful as was stated!

And what do you base that on, if not politics?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNwKRpCDDAc

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNwKRpCDDAc

Can not watch that enough. I cried.....grown men I was watching it with cried.

It was incredibly touching. Of course..I cried.. hubby and son were choked up as well. These are the moments we have to hold on to. There is such beauty and strength in this resilient spirit. We must not forget that..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

After watching the National Anthem before the B's game last night I wanted to dust off my old camouflage utilities and web gear and reenlist !

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I posted that gentlemen's photo because I thought some might want to know what a hero looks like and what his life's story is ...... there was no politics intended .

Semper Fi !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman

Angels don't always wear wings or 
 have a halo over their heads. I've 
 seen some in uniforms of blue or
 white, or wearing camouflage.

Some drive ambulances or rescue 
 vehicles. Some are parked at the
 side of the road watching storms 
 come in while everyone else is

running away. Some are good
 samaritans who jump into the 
 thick without any regard for their
 safety: the good of many outweighs
 the one. They go above and

beyond what anyone expects them
 to and don't ask for anything in
 return: 'Thank you' is not enough
 to repay service and sacrifice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman

Angels don't always wear wings or 
 have a halo over their heads. I've 
 seen some in uniforms of blue or
 white, or wearing camouflage.

Some drive ambulances or rescue 
 vehicles. Some are parked at the
 side of the road watching storms 
 come in while everyone else is

running away. Some are good
 samaritans who jump into the 
 thick without any regard for their
 safety: the good of many outweighs
 the one. They go above and

beyond what anyone expects them
 to and don't ask for anything in
 return: 'Thank you' is not enough
 to repay service and sacrifice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

No offense kdis, but it wasn't some board conservative who threw up a picture of this guy with the word "Immigrant" and an arrow next to his head.

Physcians, heal thyselves

Immigrant is part of this guy's story. We should be able to use the word "immigrant" without getting into political bashing.

Don't you think it's odd that someone would focus on the word "immigrant" and not the other words..like "peace activist", "father" or "hero"?

I think it's sad that the word "immigrant" has such a negative political connotation...in a nation that is founded and created by..."immigrants".

I guess some will politicize anything..after all..as has been pointed out..this is a politics forum..and there can be no timeouts from political vitriol..even in the wake of a tragedy which should unite us all.

It's especially interesting that the OP was personally attacked when the OP wasn't even the one who published the picture.  Don't get me wrong..I feel sorry for our friend Newtster...I can't imagine what it's like to go through life so angry all the time.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Wow, that is so incredibly dumb that I'm being kind to call it just political.

Do you think that the people he helped save cared whether he was a native born citizen?

Do you think those victims asked for a green card before they allowed him to help them?

Did you ever consider that it might just be God's plan that Carlos Arrendondo had to travel the route he did to become a US citizen so that he would be at that exact place and time to help those victims?

People are the sum of their experiences.

It just may be that something in Carlos Arrendondo's path to becoming a US citizen galvanized in him a spirit to help his fellow citizens of the country he chose to emmigrate to. His patriotism extended to his son who gave his life in service to his country. His son had to learn that patriotism and sense of duty from someone.

Please quit with the false outrage.
    No one has said what he did was not courageous and heroic.

emotional partisan politics are sick!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts