Carlos Arrendondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

Carlos Arrendondo

Carlos Arredondo came to the Boston Marathon to honor his son who was killed in Iraq. But after the explosions, the mourning father channeled his grief into heroism when he tended to wounds that resembled the ones that claimed his boy’s life.

Arredondo sat perched in the bleachers on Monday, American flags in hand, near the finish line with his wife to greet the National Guard runners and a suicide support group, organizations that honor his two dead sons, ABC reports.

Lance Cpl. Alexander S. Arredondo died in Iraq in 2004 in a firefight in Najaf and his other son, Brian, who battled years of depression after his brother died, committed suicide in 2011.

But once the mourning father, turned peace activist, saw the bloody carnage, he immediately ripped away the snow fence and scaffolding that separated him from the struggling victims and started helping the critically injured, the Portland Press Herald reports.

"My first reaction was to run toward the people," he told ABC. "There was so much commotion and a lot of people running away. I was one of the first to help people and God protected me. It was horrific."

In one stunning photo that’s become an iconic image of the incredible heroism that emerged, Arredondo appears to be pinching closed a severed artery from the thigh of a victim who lost both of his legs, according to NBC. He also used his clothes and towels to help keep the victims from bleeding out.

"I kept talking to him. I kept saying, 'Stay with me, stay with me,' " Arredondo told the Portland Press Herald.

Since his son was killed in Iraq, Arredondo has changed courses completely. He quit his full-time job and now believes his purpose is to honor the fallen and protest the war, according to The New York Times.

In the years following his 24-year-old son’s death in Iraq, Arredondo paraded a mobile memorial around, complete with a coffin filled with photos of Alexander and some of his favorite possessions.

“As long as there are Marines fighting and dying in Iraq,” he told The New York Times in 2007, “I’m going to share my mourning with the American people.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/carlos-arredondo-marathon-hero_n_3092134.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Carlos Arrendondo

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

He'd be my Presidential Medal of Freedom nominee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Presidential Medal of Freedom nominee.

Should not even be a question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

He'd be my Presidential Medal of Freedom nominee.

I agree...people like this really represent the best in us don't they..?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Do you distinguish between someone who followed the rules and immigrated legally and one that skirted the rules, forged their ID and broke the law to come here and stay here?

Also, what is the inherent good in becoming a peace activist? Would it be laudible to be a peace activist if confronting a certain German 70 years ago? In that case, peace activism would have counter-productive.

Or what if he were a peace activist at the time of the Civil War? Hey, that slavery thing is not worth fighting about? Peace brother! 

Or maybe in 1775? Yeah, let's not get too upset about an abusive United Kingdom!

Is this guy a hero? Well, in the heat of that moment, yes. Is he a hero compared to the militia that took on the British army in Lexington and Concord? I don't think so.

You are denegrating this man's contribution by politicizing it. But that is what moonbats do.

If his name was Joe Jones, you would be silent. I bet there are many Joe Jones doing the same thing as this guy on that day. They are ignored.

Well Newtster...one thing for sure. You have revealed your hateful..angry character. What does it matter what the guy's name is? You are the one politicizing..the OP simply recognized someone who acted with courage. No doubt there were plenty of people who did the same. One that comes to mind is an Afghan war vet named Tyler. He did something pretty amazing too. The problem is that he hasn't yet been identified so he can be properly thanked.

So instead..why don't you put up a post about someone else who acted heroically on Monday..instead of always playing Monday morning quarterback and criticizing the team.

Why must you always pit one against the other..? Are you going to try to ruin every attempt at good will in this forum with your anger and hatred? Why don't you step away from the keyboard for a while..put life into perspective....geesh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

What does Arrendondo being an immigrant have to do with what he did on that day? Not sure why that was even brought up in the first place. He's a hero. End. Of. Story. 

And when people refer to him as a hero I don't believe people are comparing and contrasting to others who have done heroic things. It's not a contest of who has been the most heroic in the history of mankind. Heroic deeds have come in all shapes and sizes. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

What does Arrendondo being an immigrant have to do with what he did on that day? Not sure why that was even brought up in the first place. He's a hero. End. Of. Story. 

And when people refer to him as a hero I don't believe people are comparing and contrasting to others who have done heroic things. It's not a contest of who has been the most heroic in the history of mankind. Heroic deeds have come in all shapes and sizes. 

Bingo...very well said!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwCHFaarTjY

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Great guy! We need more like him. There are dozens of stories of brave people. Been hearing for days at work which is a back bay hotel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Do you distinguish between someone who followed the rules and immigrated legally and one that skirted the rules, forged their ID and broke the law to come here and stay here?

Also, what is the inherent good in becoming a peace activist? Would it be laudible to be a peace activist if confronting a certain German 70 years ago? In that case, peace activism would have counter-productive.

Or what if he were a peace activist at the time of the Civil War? Hey, that slavery thing is not worth fighting about? Peace brother! 

Or maybe in 1775? Yeah, let's not get too upset about an abusive United Kingdom!

Is this guy a hero? Well, in the heat of that moment, yes. Is he a hero compared to the militia that took on the British army in Lexington and Concord? I don't think so.

You are denegrating this man's contribution by politicizing it. But that is what moonbats do.

If his name was Joe Jones, you would be silent. I bet there are many Joe Jones doing the same thing as this guy on that day. They are ignored.

Well Newtster...one thing for sure. You have revealed your hateful..angry character. What does it matter what the guy's name is? You are the one politicizing..the OP simply recognized someone who acted with courage. No doubt there were plenty of people who did the same. One that comes to mind is an Afghan war vet named Tyler. He did something pretty amazing too. The problem is that he hasn't yet been identified so he can be properly thanked.

So instead..why don't you put up a post about someone else who acted heroically on Monday..instead of always playing Monday morning quarterback and criticizing the team.

Why must you always pit one against the other..? Are you going to try to ruin every attempt at good will in this forum with your anger and hatred? Why don't you step away from the keyboard for a while..put life into perspective....geesh.

What is your problem?

Anger. OK. I'll give you that. I get a little PO'd when libruls try to fake sincerity and lie. That image is a lie. I am not talking about the individual who is behaving honorably. I am talking about the shiite for brains that tries to push a political agenda with it.

Why didn't this person point out this photo:

Joe Andruzzi

Listen, it's a POLITCAL FORUM.

Why are you so dumb that you can't get that. I'm not going to come here and read a post that is a lie and not say anything. What would be the point? If it were a different forum, it would not be appropriate to call people out on their bullshiite. 

If you want everyone to get along, go to the Rodney King Memorial Kumbayah Forum/

this photo and video was all over the news. why is it someone's else job to post every story? You wanna honor someone then do it when you could have easily done it instead of just playing the critic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

What is your problem?

Anger. OK. I'll give you that. I get a little PO'd when libruls try to fake sincerity and lie. That image is a lie. I am not talking about the individual who is behaving honorably. I am talking about the shiite for brains that tries to push a political agenda with it.

Why didn't this person point out this photo:

Listen, it's a POLITCAL FORUM.

Why are you so dumb that you can't get that. I'm not going to come here and read a post that is a lie and not say anything. What would be the point? If it were a different forum, it would not be appropriate to call people out on their bullshiite. 

If you want everyone to get along, go to the Rodney King Memorial Kumbayah Forum/

First,  I posted this story because it was a heroic story.  You can blather on about the political attributes to this story but bottom line this guy not knowing if there was about to be another blast going off, ran and got over that barricade to help save lives. He is a hero as well as everyone else that jumped in at that moment. And I AM NOT A "LIBRUL."

Second, his back story was immortant. I never read or comprehended this story as some sort of political agenda. I read it as a story about a father that lost two sons, had a tremendous amount of pain he must still be dealing with, yet put that all aside and ran into danger to help someone else's son. 

There are hundreds of stories of heros that day, all of them have back stories and I read all of them with out a political bias.  I shared this story and hadn't seen the picture of Joe Andruzzi at that point.

Try reading a story with out associating a political aganda attached to it occasionally, it will help you from being paranoid 24/7.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

Oh you poor thing. You come to a political forum and can't deal with some truth. The original photo was pure political propaganda and you are giving me shiite? 

Wahwahwah

Can you tell me what being an immigrant and a peace activist has to do with being a hero helping someone with a severe injury?

No.

He does have a nice hat though.

Almost every newspaper/media outlet ran this story. Left leaning...right leaning. They all had the same background info on Carlos. So your politiacl agenda bs is just that bs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Just because it's emotional and sad doesnt make pointing out the truth "hateful or angry character".

Just like not passing background checks that would have done nothing to stop the Newtown murders while the Newtown parents are grieving is not mean, malice or putting politics above people!

But, if, someone wanted to use a tragedy to make a political point or change then the other side was spot on in their actions!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Just because it's emotional and sad doesnt make pointing out the truth "hateful or angry character".

Just like not passing background checks that would have done nothing to stop the Newtown murders while the Newtown parents are grieving is not mean, malice or putting politics above people!

But, if, someone wanted to use a tragedy to make a political point or change then the other side was spot on in their actions!!

[QUOTE]

You are confusing your political fueled opinions as the 'truth'.

No the truth is real regardless of politics. Just because you dont like it doesnt make it mean or untrue!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

[QUOTE]

You are confusing your political fueled opinions as the 'truth'.

No the truth is real regardless of politics. Just because you dont like it doesnt make it mean or untrue!

How about that nypost story showing the two dark-skinned males as suspects? is that true?

Sections
Shortcuts