CBO: Obamacare will end medical coverage for 7 million working Americans!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: CBO: Obamacare will end medical coverage for 7 million working Americans!

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Logic and common sense dictates that ultimately people, especially those with lower incomes, are now getting a better deal.

Sorry to chase away the dark cloud over your head.

That better deal comes at the expense of others.  The dollars paid out in care come from somewhere.  Where do oyuu think those dollars come from?

We were paying for them before. If you have BCBS, TAHP, or HPHC there is UCC charge built into the rates that is used to underwrite the premiums for an employer group. Hospitals also have to account for UCC also, which gets passed on to us.

Yes, and it has become more expensive, and the government will now subsidize others more.  So, Obamacare fixes that, how?

It doesn't fix it. We pay for slackers one way or another in this country...America....isn't it great?!

Yep.  And we make it more attractive for people to move from the producer column to the slacker column by making it less painful to do so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to jmel's comment:

Nobody is saying that ALL doctors are greedy..........NOBODY.  In fact, I would agree with you that they do get in to do good.  Again, unfortunately, top HC costs money.

Of course, it costs money.  The question is how much.

But in the U.S., it costs way too much for the level of quality provided.  The numbers don't lie.

Look, if a mechanic fixes your car for a median price including parts and labor, what is the net benefit of paying someone else to do the same job and achieve the same result for, say, 20-30% more in labor costs??  Where is the value added??

Part of the problem is the wide range of costs on the market for identical medical procedures.  Even worse, under the current insurance system, it's very difficult to shop around for the best value.  That needs to change.  And it better, if costs can ever be contained.

I didn't say they're ALL greedy either.  But some are.  And some are incompetent AND greedy.  The system can even sometimes encourage it.

You really think all doctors are equal in skill?

or, to use your example, will you keep bringing your car to the cheap mechanic that never quite fixes the problem?

procedures are not identical, and outcomes are not identical. You want to assure a good outcome, you pay for it. 

nothing greedy about getting paid for delivering a quality result.  Nothing greedy about charging more because you are a good mechanic.

you, and the left miss this every time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

or, to use your example, will you keep bringing your car to the cheap mechanic that never quite fixes the problem?

procedures are not identical, and outcomes are not identical. You want to assure a good outcome, you pay for it. 

nothing greedy about getting paid for delivering a quality result.  Nothing greedy about charging more because you are a good mechanic.

I never said they were equal in skill.  Read more carefully...

I said people are paying widely different amounts for the SAME outcome.  Same procedure, same result, so why not the same price...?

Repeat: Doctors are not paid by how healthy they make people.  They're paid by how many people they try to make healthy.

Right now there is no equitable assurance in outcomes.  I'm not talking about fancy offices and plush private hospital rooms.  This is about value received for services rendered.

The mechanic analogy is more apt than you care to admit.  The body is still just a machine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I never said they were equal in skill.  Read more carefully...

I said people are paying widely different amounts for the SAME outcome.  Same procedure, same result, so why not the same price...?

Repeat: Doctors are not paid by how healthy they make people.  They're paid by how many people they try to make healthy.

Right now there is no equitable assurance in outcomes.

The mechanic analogy is more apt than you care to admit.  The body is still just a machine.

You think people are like cars, aresources ultra are the same? You neither understand people how the real world.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

You think people are like cars, aresources ultra are the same? You neither understand people how the real world.

What the he!! is wrong with you?!?

This is a simple analogy for the benefit of your very simple mind.  I don't have the flash cards handy to dumb it down even more for you.

Aside from the incoherence of your response, the facts more than back me up.  That you choose not to see it is not my problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"If it's more expensive, then it must be worth it." - every sucker ever born, skeeter, tv, et al.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

This is a simple analogy for the benefit of your very simple mind.  I don't have the flash cards handy to dumb it down even more for you.

Aside from the incoherence of your response, the facts more than back me up.  That you choose not to see it is not my problem.

What you say doesn't make sense.  First you suggest that doctors are paid too much, then you claim you are not saying doctors get paid too much.  Then you say all doctors should get paid the same for the same procedure, theny you say you didn't say or imply that.

Just what the heck are you trying to say?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

"If it's more expensive, then it must be worth it." - every sucker ever born, skeeter, tv, et al.

So you DO think doctors get paid too much.

Glad we finally cleared that up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

I think if you could take away the threat of frivolous lawsuits and administrative overhead, most doctors would gladly take a hit in the paycheck.  

You are out of your mind. No one would ever be glad to take a hit to their paycheck. Anyone who says so is lying. We all want to make as much money in our jobs as possible.

Curious...whenever you've gotten a new job offer and have been offered a salary have you ever countered with a LOWER amount??? Of course not....but you've countered with a higher amount haven't you? 

A lower amount in exchange for what?  Administrative costs are $80K / year for the average US doctor, and they have to live in the shadow of the threat that one screw-up could cost them everything.  What is peace of mind worth?

I own a small business, so I only negotiate with myself, but I routinely pay people (accountants, attorneys) to handle headaches I don't want to bother with, so I can get back to providing the service I'm skilled at and enjoy.  Isn't that really the same thing?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

What you say doesn't make sense.  First you suggest that doctors are paid too much, then you claim you are not saying doctors get paid too much.  Then you say all doctors should get paid the same for the same procedure, theny you say you didn't say or imply that.

Just what the heck are you trying to say?

You're still not paying attention.

I very clearly said that costs are too high.

That's not nearly the same thing.

Unless you think the skyward rise in health care costs are a good thing, that is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

So you DO think doctors get paid too much.

Glad we finally cleared that up.

No, I think you're a bloody moron who needs an english-to-english dictionary.

Sections
Shortcuts