Change we can believe in

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Change we can believe in

To his credit.......he did promise 'change'..............

From January 09' till Jan 2011'............the:

1) Avg retail price/gas   $1.83 to $3.104  +69.9%

2) Crude Oil European Brent barrel $43,48 to $99,02  + 127.7%

3)Crude Oil West Texas $38.74 to $91.38  +135.9%

4) Gold London (per troy oz) $853.25 to $1369.50  +60.5%

5) Corn #2 yellow Central Illinois $3,56 to $6.33  +78.1%

6)  Soybeans, No 1 Central Illinois  $9.66 to $13.75  +42.3%

7) Sugar, cane, raw, world lb  $13.37 to $35.39  +164.7%

8)  Unemployment rate, non farm payroll  overall 7.6% to 9.4%  +23.7%

9)  Unemployment rate, blacks  12.6% to 15.8%  +25.4%

10)  Number of unemployed 11,616,000 to 14,485,000  +24.7%

11) Real Median household income  $50,112 to $49, 777   -0.7%

12)  Number of food stamp recipients 31,983.786 to 43.200,878  + 35.1%

13)  People in poverty  39.800,000 to 43.600,000  +9.5%

14) National debt in trillions  $10.627  to $14.052  +32.2%  ( the past two years the debt has increased at a rate of 27%.  Or in other words, at a rate of 27% is like driving 65 mph and being passed by a car going 1,755 mph.)

How much can this nation sustain at thes rates, or even half of these rates, under two more years of obama.  
    Heaven forbid four more years after that?

Hope and change.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Re: Change we can believe in

Oh brother .LMLAO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

In Response to Re: Change we can believe in:
    [QUOTE]Oh brother .LMLAO
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

You think that's funny, huh?  Although I don't recall the gas prices as low as posted, I know they have gone up considerably.   But it's all Bush's fault right, because he was an "oil man".  Right? Must be his influence on the White House...who knew?

The only thing funny about that is the poor dog having to wear a Yankee hat. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Look at the numbers and the economy might be crashing again.
     The higher the price of gas the higher the price transporting goods, the higher we pay for items, the less we get for our money, and the less profits the stores make to stay in business.
     Stores then close because we aren't spending enough.

I do not place the blame for this solely on Obama's shoulders. To be honest, I don't know why he would even want to be president if he really bothered to take a look at the mess he was going to have to deal with.
     However, in the time he has been in office, he hasn't done much of anything to slow things down. If anything he seems to be adding to the problem rather than trying to stop it.

I'd honestly be surprised if anyone could turn things around in one term, never mind two. You can't snap your fingers and make things better. You do it one step at a time, but this takes time to do.
     Alas, Obama is more interested in keeping programs up and running than keeping the books in order. You might be able to get away with that in the short run, but what happens when the country goes bankrupt?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change we can believe in : Way to set up that strawman argument. Ya sound a bit paranoid.  I don't see anyone even mentioning Bush. But since you brought it up... The stupid thing about the thread is that while Bush was in office gas prices climbed from $1.20 to $4.50 a gallon... about a 400% increase! I can see why the wingnutz wouldn't want to advertise that. The only reason they fell was because the whole economy crashed at the end of the reprobates term. I guess that's one way to bring down the price of gas, destroy the entire economy.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

Paranoid?  Don't think so.  I guess you didn't recognize the sarcasm there.  I'll point it out for you next time, okay? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE] Look at the numbers and the economy might be crashing again.  The higher the price of gas the higher the price transporting goods, the higher we pay for items, the less we get for our money, and the less profits the stores make to stay in business.  Stores then close because we aren't spending enough.  I do not place the blame for this solely on Obama's shoulders. To be honest, I don't know why he would even want to be president if he really bothered to take a look at the mess he was going to have to deal with.  However, in the time he has been in office, he hasn't done much of anything to slow things down. If anything he seems to be adding to the problem rather than trying to stop it.  I'd honestly be surprised if anyone could turn things around in one term, never mind two. You can't snap your fingers and make things better. You do it one step at a time, but this takes time to do.  Alas, Obama is more interested in keeping programs up and running than keeping the books in order. You might be able to get away with that in the short run, but what happens when the country goes bankrupt?
    Posted by undead[/QUOTE]

Historically the President gets the credit when things are going well and much of the blame when things turn sour...and in either case I don't believe its right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change we can believe in : Historically the President gets the credit when things are going well and much of the blame when things turn sour...and in either case I don't believe its right.
    Posted by Rushfan2112[/QUOTE]

The difference is conservatism desires a more limited role for government, and allows the marketplace and the private sector to work. The keys to the economic engine are given to the American people.  
    The statist liberals by contrast, foolishly think they can fix the private sector economy by taking it over! Power mad, they arrogantly claimed state policies would 'fix' the economy....when they of course made it much worse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

GW inherited a recession, his wars started in his first year, although they had been declared before, but his predecessor ignored them.  Bush's recession lasted @ 6 months IIRC, though admittedly it was much milder, at least he looked at what had worked & did what needed to be done and lo & behold... we popped out of it.
    Economists agree that BHO couldn't have done anything worse.  It looked like he was trying to extend the Emanuel (crisis) to keep his agenda going.  He has been a disaster.  But what do you expect when you put a trainee whose never ever done anything except write a couple books about himself doing nothing (& one of those appears to be ghosted)...?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Change we can believe in : And the moron's come crawling out from under their rocks... Yep, I guess it's Obama's fault. You whacko wingnuts are too freakin' funny. Delusional and deranged, what a combo! Priceless.

So, you blame Bush personally for what happened on his watch, yet you can't seem to blame Obama policies for what is happening on his watch?

I will think of your delusional comment as I go fill up "the beast"  this afternoon.

Gimme more Obama!

Now, that's delusional.

Slick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Look, Obama is our president, and we need to support him.  That being said, there does come a time when the adults need to tell him to sit down and just listen.    Reading up on Reagan is a good first step.

Sounds like, in addition to the PR value, Obama seeks to learn something from Reagan.  That is a good step, unless is is only a PR move.

However, Obama has diminished the credibility and force of this country on the world stage to the point where we send a FERRY, a freakin FERRY, to pick up our citizens who were working in Libya.  This is not only dangerous, but embarassing.  In two short years he has undone all the good Bush had done in the middle east.

Energy: Obama has focused on the magical green alternatives, which are not bad at the margin, but cannot provide the energy to generate the economy that will allow Wisconsin to collect the taxes to pay the onerous union demands, for example.

Simply put Obama is, in the true sense of the word, incompetent.

The examples go on and on.  Basically, Obama does not understand how to run the country, and needs to essentially turn over the agenda to more skilled adults.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change we can believe in : You think that's funny, huh?  Although I don't recall the gas prices as low as posted, I know they have gone up considerably.   But it's all Bush's fault right, because he was an "oil man".  Right? Must be his influence on the White House...who knew? The only thing funny about that is the poor dog having to wear a Yankee hat. 
    Posted by Rushfan2112[/QUOTE]

LMLAO......... OH BROTHER ......... THE BUSH EXCUSE

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change we can believe in : One thing the whacko wingnuts will never be accused of is logical reasoning. All the ranting and raving coming from you whacko wingnuts is nothing more than a pathological delusion based on nothing more than dogma and ideology. You throw out these ridiculous assertions that are nothing more than the product of your pathology.

pathological

Wacko wingnuts

dogma

ideology

You use these words in about half your posts, as if they are magical elixirs that stump us.  You are really getting to be an irritant to the free flow of ideas.

Do you actually have anything to say, or are you just a mouthpiece for the party of hate?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change we can believe in : Skeet, you're a perfect example of the ignorance and stupidity from the wingnuts. You idiots have this knee-jerk, jerk being the operative word, reaction to anything this administration does, with no actual thought process. You live in a world of delusion and contempt from which you spew utter nonsense. Your rant about something as trite as the ferry is a perfect example. Did you bother to learn that the ferry is capable of speeds over 50 knots? That it is faster than any US warship? That it is specifically designed for operating in the Mediterrainian? That the ship is specifically designed for fast and easy boarding? That the docks were specifically designed for these types of ships? What, exactly, would have been better than a purpose-designed ship doing what it was designed for? You're a moron. 

Wow.  I feel so, not moved by your rant.  Go away, fool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

I'm not the only one that sees you for the moron you are skeet, can I call you skeet? No? how about scat?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

skeeter said and I quote: In two short years he (Obama) has undone all the good Bush had done in the middle east.

Please give an example of the "good" Bush has done in the Middle East. Why don't you ask the families of 4000+ dead Americans if they think Bush did any good in the Middle East.

You are so stupid it's beyond reproach.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not the only one that sees you for the moron you are skeet, can I call you skeet? No? how about scat?
    Posted by lawboy[/QUOTE]

Ah, the civil tone, the caring response.  Keep going.  You are making it so painfully clear why progressives cannot be allowed to control government.

25. This post has been removed.