Channeling Newt GIngrich???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Channeling Newt GIngrich???

It's been a little while since I watched any of the political news coverage on television..but this morning I saw a Newt Gingrich clip that gave me pause.

Gingrich essentially called the GOP on the carpet regarding the ACA. He stated in no uncertain terms that the GOP has no health care plan...that all this talk of repeal and replace is really just talk of repeal and obstructionism. In fact..Gingrich challenged members of the audience to go back to their vacationing Senators and Congressmen and ask them what they plan to replace the ACA with. He promised that they would not have an answer..because there is no plan.

What..?? No plan..??? I thought to myself..this can't possibly be true..can it? Of course the GOP has a health care plan. I mean..haven't we been hearing for years that the GOP plan is better than ACA ( or as they like to call it..Obamacare)?

Now..understandably..I was skeptical of Gingrich's claim. After all...Newt has a history of being something less than honest....so I thought it would be prudent to verify what he was saying.

I set off this morning..using a handy dandy invention known as Google...to find proof that Gingrich was lying. Imagine my simply stunned surprise to learn that old Newt is actually telling the truth..! Indeed..there is no GOP health care plan. Four years later...and literally no GOP health care plan. Four years of hearing that the GOP plan was better...yet there was no plan.

The closest thing I could come up with was on GOP.gov. It is not a plan mind you..but a plan for a plan...

So...keep this in mind as the GOP seeks ..yet again..to repeal the ACA. They have no plan.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Channeling Newt GIngrich???

Why do the Republicans an ACA-like plan?  That's rubbish. Government simply needs to get out of the way when it comes to healthcare insurance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Why do the Republicans an ACA-like plan?  That's rubbish. Government simply needs to get out of the way when it comes to healthcare insurance.

Just about every year my employer requires everyone to re-enroll in the benefits program and everytime the employees complain about having to figure out what the literature means and what they're actually signing up for Vs. what they had the previous year.

And republicans want you to believe that its Obamacare thats 'complicated'.

The private sector has been making life hell for consumers for decades and now we're supposed to be terrified of Affordable Care because "it's complicated?"

If they're fooling anybody, they're fooling the gullible who have fixed beliefs that the private sector makes life easier and more affordable.

But the truth is the private sector does neither in regard to healthcare.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Government simply needs to get out of the way when it comes to healthcare insurance.

Government needs to stop insurers from ripping us all off:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/those-nice-job-creators-who-sell-insurance/80/6776431

Obamacare evidently doesn't address what you consider "ripping off".

btw, I'm all for people paying their own way for routine stuff.  I think it would lower some of the cost.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Just about every year my employer requires everyone to re-enroll in the benefits program and everytime the employees complain about having to figure out what the literature means and what they're actually signing up for Vs. what they had the previous year.

The private sector has been making life hell for consumers for decades and now we're supposed to be terrified of Affordable Care because "it's complicated?"

If they're fooling anybody, they're fooling the gullible who have fixed beliefs that the private sector makes life easier and more affordable.

Government has over regulated health care for 50+ years.  That's what's causing your problem, not some insurance company actuary flipping out on you annually.

that you see more regulation as a solution to an over regulation problem tells me a lot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Government has over regulated health care for 50+ years.

Examples and explanations of how those "over regulations" are "over regulations", and now they in fact wastefully raise costs?

Right now you're on a talking point. How about a coherent argument?

Medicaid, Medicare, prescription drug benefit.  There's three.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Government has over regulated health care for 50+ years.  That's what's causing your problem, not some insurance company actuary flipping out on you annually.

that you see more regulation as a solution to an over regulation problem tells me a lot.

Actually..that is the complete opposite of what's true. There have been precious few regulations on the health insurance industry..resulting in a lot of unfair practices. Not all health insurance companies were as ethical as BC/BS , Tufts..or Harvard Pilgrim. There were literally thousands of small private insurance companies who have been ripping off consumers for decades. Obamacare stops that by setting minimum standards for coverage.

Sections
Shortcuts