Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day

Anyone having a Chick-fil-A day?  I might have to stop at the Northshore Mall on the way home to show my support for a fine company and freedom of expression.

From CNN Blog

A growing number of politicians and citizens alike have made their thoughts known about the marriage views of Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy. Cathy, whose company has a history of espousing Christian views, recently said the company backs “traditional” marriage (as opposed to same-sex marriage). Supporters of Chick-fil-A, led by Mike Huckabee, have organized a Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day for August 1, with GLAAD and other gay rights groups promoting protests on the same day and a same-sex “kiss day” for August 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day

This this when Gays are supposed to go to the Chik Fil As and make out? Is it just me, or do the waffle fries look kind of gay?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day:
    [QUOTE]This this when Gays are supposed to go to the Chik Fil As and make out? Is it just me, or do the waffle fries look kind of gay?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Come on read the full post;

Today is chicken sandwich day, Friday is human sandwich day. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

You know, I never understood the point of the pickle in the Chik Fil A sandwich until now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]Ain't it a great country when people can voice their opinion? Or is it only when it's in support of the opinion you agree with....
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

Well I'm only going Today, more power to those that go Friday.  I hope the protest crowd doesn't interfere with business operations and I hope that others don't interfere with the make out day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]You know, I never understood the point of the pickle in the Chik Fil A sandwich until now.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Good one, but it's only a slice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

This here is a prime example  of how CONSERVATIVE NEWS can get wing nuts to belly ache about anything.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to "Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : The next rumble you hear will our God fearing. freedom loving founding fathers doing flips in their graves. I'm just waiting for the next wave of perversion... animals, corpses...... to seek legitimization.    Any bets? Posted by NO MO O[/QUOTE] Founding Fathers? Are you talking about the ones that used to rape their slaves or the ones that stood by as it happened?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Well this discussion degraded pretty quick,.........I'm done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I never liked Chik-Fil-A, even before I found out they were run by bible thumpers.  Their waffle fries are always soggy. 

(soggy fries = abomination in the eyes of a potato)

When down south, I stick with Zaxby's...much tastier.

Although I have enjoyed a few meals at Church's Fried Chicken...which are equally god-fearin'...they're not even open on Sundays.

BTW, there is no logical difference between boycotting Chik-Fil-A or Starbucks or any other fast food slinger.  And given the average american waistline, "boycott" should be a euphemism for "diet"....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : And given the average american waistline, "boycott" should be a euphemism for "diet".... I'm all for more people boycotting/dieting if it will shrink waistlines. But I actually have no hope for this. American's are too goddamn lazy to take care of themselves. 
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2[/QUOTE]

I still have hope.  A good start might be to pay those service workers more of a living wage and strictly regulate inhumane factory farming, and if prices rise, then so be it.

Like gas, fast food is way too cheap for the amount of damage it causes.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : Not sure what more of a living wage has to do with shrinking waistlines. The poor aren't the only ones who are over-weight...not by a long shot.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2[/QUOTE]

When healthy foods become cheaper than unhealthy foods, as they should, the economics will become clearer.  Get rid of pointless, counter-productive agri-subsidies to corn, sugar, beef, etc., industries and use those farms for growing beneficial, multi-use crops like industrial hemp.

And when health insurance plans finally start rewarding good behavior and penalizing bad behavior (not genetics), the economics will be like a 2x4 to the temple.

I'm starting to favor the theory that bribery can be a useful motivator...for dieters, students, criminals, addicts, etc.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts