Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day:
    In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : 'Cept Capuano didn't say to get other people bloody.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men

Oh that's right they were just going to hit their heads against the wall because they're frustrated.  You can never admit to anything being untoward on your side of the fence can you.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Obamas thugs at work. Gay rights activists and some members of the national media delivered scathing attacks on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, calling for homosexual activists to “infiltrate” and bully the family-owned company until they renounce their support of traditional marriage. FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK FOR CULTURE WAR NEWS. CLICK HERE. Hundreds of thousands of people waited in long lines at Chick-fil-A restaurants from Paramus, New Jersey to Roseville, Calif. to show their support for the Atlanta-based company – under intense criticism after the owner announced they supported traditional marriage. There were some counter-protests at restaurants across the nation. Most were peaceful – with reports of Chick-fil-A employees offering free water and food to protesters. However, there were some incidents of criminal activity. A Chick-fil-A restaurant in Martinsburg, West Va. Was evacuated after someone called in a bomb threat. The threat was later deemed a hoax. In Greenville, South Carolina, a man was arrested after he blocked the drive-thru of a Chick-fil-A with his vehicle. Another protester posted video of him berating a young female cashier at an undisclosed restaurant. The video was posted on The Gateway Pundit website. “I don’t know how you live with yourself and work here,” he told the young lady. “I don’t understand it. This is a horrible corporation with horrible values.” The man, identified as Adam Smith, said he wanted his “free water” – saying that he “felt purposeful” insulting the worker. “Anti-gay breakfast sandwich,” the man said. “Always tastes better when it’s full of hate.” The young cashier replied, “It’s my pleasure to serve you.” But the greatest outrage came from media coverage of the event. Dan Gainor, with the Media Research Center , said he was especially disturbed that CBS ignored the story altogether. “What’s truly amazing is when you have hundreds of thousands of people turn out for something and one of the big three broadcast networks doesn’t even acknowledge it on air,” Gainor told Fox News. “That’s worse than almost any of the awful things the leftwing groups have thrown at Chick-fil-A.” Gainor said ABC and NBC covered the story but emphasized the small protest groups – instead of the pro-Chick-fil-A supporters. “The left thought they could bully an American company and they discovered that the vast majority of Americans were willing to take extra time out of their day, embrace a long line and celebrate a company that shares their values – and supports free speech as well,” he said.”It got out there in spite of the mainstream media not being willing to talk about it much.” But the media outlets that did cover the protest – took a very different approach to the story: Washington Post columnist Sally Quinn urged homosexuals to “infiltrate” the privately owned company. “Make the restaurants gay hangouts of the community,” she wrote. “Gays and lesbians could start applying for jobs at Chick-fil-A. Get in there. Become managers, take over the places.” MSNBC contributor Jonathan Capehart urged protesters to bully the restaurant chain. “Find out who is affiliated with Chick-fil-A in any way and put pressure on those folks,” he said. Fort Myers News-Press reporter Mark Krzos wrote his observations about Chick-fil-A on his Facebook page, according to the media-news site JimRomenesko.com “Such a brave stand…eating a g**damn sandwich,” he wrote. “I have never felt so alien in my own country as I did today while covering the restaurant’s supporters,” he wrote. “The level of hatred, unfounded fear and misinformed people was astoundingly sad.” The newspaper did not return calls for comment and Krzos’ Facebook page has been taken offline. Gainor told Fox News it’s no surprise that members of the national media are siding with opponents of Chick-fil-A. “They are 99 percent pro-gay agenda,” he said. “These are the people that populate the media universe.” MSNBC host Thomas Roberts said any gay marriage supporter who eats at the restaurant is a “Chicken-eating Judas.” The Daily Show host Jon Stewart ridiculed the family-owned company. “Wow, open your eyes owner of Chick-fil-A,” he said. “You are being such an a-sshole that even Boston won’t tolerate you.” A columnist for the Los Angeles Times opined, “Shut up and fry” while CBS reporter Dean Reynolds reported that Chick-fil-A was serving up “a side order of bigotry.” “The amount of stuff columnists have said – you reach a certain point where you can’t tell the leftwing media from the mainstream media,” Gainor said
    Posted by NO MO O

Freedom of expression, y'know.

If the COO can diss gays as a matter of corporate policy, then other people can diss CFA as a matter of civic pride.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : Some Political Hyperbole; a sticks and stones issue.  Posted by massmoderateJoe

Sticks and stones aren't all that effective against guns, I'm told.

It's not hyperbole if it's a lie; nobody has been "punished", much less CFA, which is certainly enjoying the rewards of it's non-promotion promotion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

My bass player is gay, black, Haitian and HIV positive, and HE thinks gay marriage is not just wrong, but stupid.  Posted by GreginMeffa

Good for you.

But what's his logic behind such a view?  He doesn't support equal rights?

(And what does his being "black" and "haitian" have to do with anything?)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : Sticks and stones aren't all that effective against guns, I'm told. It's not hyperbole if it's a lie; nobody has been "punished", much less CFA, which is certainly enjoying the rewards of it's non-promotion promotion.
    Posted by MattyScornD

So you don't think Menino's statements of not wanting CFA in Boston has any weight?  The Mayor played an economic black ball against them; just like Walmart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Too funny, mumbles may be responsible for waking up independents who've had enough of government.  I've read a few op ed's today saying the the Chick fil A bru ha ha has energized a whole class of voters who are tired of big government.

Chick-fil-A supporters plan mail-in

By TOMER OVADIA | 8/3/12 7:30 AM EDT Updated: 8/3/12 1:40 PM EDT
    Chick-fil-A customers who
    showed up in droves Wednesday to back the chicken chain’s opposition to same-sex marriage are literally mailing in their support now.
    As same-sex marriage supporters plan a nationwide “kiss-in” Friday at Chick-fil-A, a conservative nonprofit is urging attendees of Mike Huckabee’s “appreciation day” to send their receipts and empty fast-food bags to Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Boston Mayor Tom Menino, both of whom have said the restaurant isn’t welcome in their respective cities.

“Stand up to government executives discriminating against private enterprise for the views of private individuals,” Wisconsin-based Founders’ Intent urges in a Facebook event, which includes Emanuel and Menino’s mailing addresses.

“I have a receipt and a bag. I’m probably going to send the bag to Mayor Menino,” Ed Willing, the group’s executive director, told the Boston Herald. He’s asking supporters to mail the litter today, so that the mayors receive “one big torrent on Monday.”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

How does Tomer know that the customers that showed up at Chik-fil-a on Wednesday were supporting Chik-Fil-A's opposition to Gay Marriage?  How does he know they weren't there to support Cathy's right to free speech?

Tomer must be psychic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : 'Cept Capuano didn't say to get other people bloody.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men

So, Capuano was telling them to hit themselves over their own heads?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : Freedom of expression, y'know. If the COO can diss gays as a matter of corporate policy, then other people can diss CFA as a matter of civic pride.
    Posted by MattyScornD

Disrupting other is not freedom of expression.  It may be civil disobedience, but, in blocking other, insulting others, it is not that, either.

It is infantile, that's what it is.  Just like the occupoopers, the democrats and protesters are showing why they are not fit for office, are intolerant, and childish in their behavior.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Nope. Oh I don't need to. Reading what BDC conservatives type gives me all the unreality I need. But you should try them. You could use a good look inside yourself.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Well, sorry to hear that.  I just thought that all phycotropic mushroome eaters were also Grateful dead fans.

Not going to try them, don't need them, because:

I'M HIGH ON LIFE, BABY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : So you don't think Menino's statements of not wanting CFA in Boston has any weight?  The Mayor played an economic black ball against them; just like Walmart.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe

I'd like to meet the city clerk that goes up against Menino.  I mean, ex-city clerk.

Government should be neutral in such things.  To actively go out and throw down a threat like Menino, Lee, and Rahm, well, that's so jackbooted thug-like.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : No, no, he's not telling them to act like wingnuts who are constantly getting smacked in the head with reality. That would be absurd. 
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men

I hope you are not really a lawyer.  It would be kinda painful to see the judge tell you to sit down and shut up with such an argument.

Have a great night at the drive thru!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"Infantile" is running to buy fast food simply because the COO is anti-gay marriage.  No thought process whatsoever.
    Posted by MattyScornD

Going out to show support for traditional marriage takes some thought, and some effort. The long lines you saw at Chick Fil-A  will be replicated on Election Day...

I give Obama credit for finally revealing his true position on gay marriage. It will give him a few more unneeded votes in Mass and California, but hurt him on Election Day in swing states: NC, Virginia, Ohio ....
    The 2004 election was arguably won by Bush because of huge turnout to vote against gay marriage ballot measures in a few key swing states....this factor was ignored by the media.... 2012 is deja vu all over again...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day :  I have a gay daughter that plans to get married in two years, she would never justify ignorance with violence.Posted by cookie-rojas

Congrats to the happy couple.

And this will be in MA...?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : Are you sh!tting me? I have repeatedly stated I'm FOR gay marriage. So I do have empathy for the gay community. But having empathy doesn't mean I should condone violence.  Is this violence going to suddenly change Dan Cathy's stance on traditional marriage?  Is this violence going to suddenly change the laws so gays can marry? So you want to compare Bonhoeffer and his opposing Hitler's genocide towards Jews to Chick-fil-A??? Are you fcuking kidding me? You're a real winner!
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2

I am explaining why it is important to fight for your rights.  You don't seem to understand this.  Probably because it is just a theoretical issue for you. 

Bonhoeffer acted too late for the Jews and the other oppressed groups in Germany (because he was not in those groups) and  then they came for him.  He has a rather famous quote about the tragedy of standing on the sidelines while injustice takes place.

And no, I am not saying to burn down a chicken joint tomorrow, just I understand why some people would want to do this given the bigotry that place has come to symbolize.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Chick-fil- A Appreciaton Day : Seriously Rube? Like Pinky said, are you fcuking kidding me?  I have a gay daughter that plans to get married in two years, she would never justify ignorance with violence. Obviously you think it's OK to be violent, I don't, she doesn't either. You are the problem, again, if you truly believe what you've stated here..... 3....2....1......back-pedal begins now. I can't wait for the election, will you be rallying for violence if you think voters rights were suppressed?  I think yes!
    Posted by cookie-rojas

"Obviously" you don't know much at all.  I did not condone violence.  But I understand why people might resort to it. 

Unthinking ideologues are the problem.  You are clearly one of those.

Now run along.  You have really nothing to say that is remotely intelligent.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Out of the entire day of protest across the country there were one or two minor acts of violence ( including vandalism) by a couple of clowns who don't understand the concept of peaceful protest. No one is condoning violence, but let's not say the entire national protest is questionable because of a couple of minor instances. Overall, people protested peacefully and were able to publicy voice their view, which differs from the Kathy's view.
    Chick fil A's one day sales have probably never been so good.

Sections
Shortcuts