Christie Blasts Boehner on Sandy Relief: "Only One Group To Blame For The Continued Suffering"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Christie Blasts Boehner on Sandy Relief:

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Would you vote for a "relief bill" that contained this........?

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to â€ÂÂÂœmitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

Budget watchdogs have dubbed the 94-page emergency-spending bill â€ÂÂÂœSandy Scam.”

More:

$58.8 million for forest restoration on private land.
    $197 million â€ÂÂÂœto… protect coastal ecosystems and habitat impacted by Hurricane Sandy.”
    $10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.
    $17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.

C`mon guys.............you`re better than this.  Read the truth before you post nonsense. The Dems in the Senate are trying to use this disaster to grab more of your money.  Thank heaven the HoR chose to delay a vote and kick this back so that the money actually does go to NY and NJ where it belongs.

[/QUOTE]

JMEL is 100% correct.  They should only fix what was destroyed and not worry about preventing it from happening again.  Why budget money for improvements that would prevent another Sandy from flooding the subway system in NYC?  It's not like a lot of people use the Subway system in NYC.  It's not like a flooded subway system had a negative impact on the financial center of the nation and world.

And why fix the Smithsonian's roof?  It's not like it houses our national treasurers or anything.

Spending money on Forest restoration on private land is stupid.  It's not like trees were destroyed by Sandy or that forests have an impact on coastal erosion or anything.

Let's just fix it in time for it to be destroyed by the next storm.

[/QUOTE]

$207 million for a medical center?

$3.3 million for animal disease control?

$150 million for fisherires in Alaska?

Try using your head for more than just a hat rack......will you?

I`m all for a Relief Bill for Hurricane Sandy, I gave money, did you?  Why should fixing the roof of the Smithsonian be tied into a bill to help hurricane victims? 

[/QUOTE]

They held up a $60.4 billion bill for the $0.4 billion?  Try using your head for more than a buttplug.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

bring back Pelosi...we need to stop trying to bring fiscal responsibility to our country and need to go all in and give voters what they asked for....all Obama all the time.

Raise the debt ceiling, spend, tax and borrow without limits....let's do this thing!!!  The voters deserve to live the full consequences of their votes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Christie is a political superstar. His sincere anger at fellow Republicans here is gleefully admired.... By contrast, when he criticizes Democrats and crooked unions, leftist loons like AlleyCat will call him an angry fat loudmouth. 

[/QUOTE]

Too bad you had to mention Christie's weight. You wingnuts are so quick to turn on your own.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Wednesday said House Speaker John Boehner and congressional Republicans are to blame for the "continued suffering" after superstorm Sandy.

"This is not a Republican or Democratic issue," Christie said during a press conference. "National disasters happen in red states and blue states and states with Democratic governors and Republican governors. We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did until last night."

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can read

[/QUOTE]

He/she has never been able to read.  Can`t debate or discuss either.  Just continues to throw bombs out that make zero sense.  Does anyone think alleyrat knows that 18-22 billion of the 60 billion package is "pork"?  He/she doesn`t have a working brain.  The Democrats in the Senate load the relief package with millions of dollars for Hollywood, $207 million for hospitals in VA, $150 million for Oceanic institute, $2 million for the Smithsonian...........and when the House won`t vote due to Dem nonsense, it`s those "Wascully Wepublicans" causing the problem. 

alleyrat hears what Ed Shultz and Rachel Maddow say and then posts it here.

[/QUOTE]

I find it interesting that jmel complains about the funding for VA hospitals....... Tell me, jmel, just where do you expect a wounded, sick or injured veteran to go for treatment for service connected health issues?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bring back Pelosi...we need to stop trying to bring fiscal responsibility to our country and need to go all in and give voters what they asked for....all Obama all the time.

Raise the debt ceiling, spend, tax and borrow without limits....let's do this thing!!!  The voters deserve to live the full consequences of their votes.

[/QUOTE]

Well..the GOP raised the debt ceiling what..a dozen times under Bush without batting an eye. These types of debt ceiling arguments are nothing but smoke and mirrors..and as long as both sides keep blaming the other for our spending problem..nothing will get done to solve it.

The Bush administration was incredibly irresponsible with spending..and then cutting taxes while we were fighting not one ..but two wars. In the history of the US..no president enacted broad based tax cuts while we were paying for a war..until Bush.

I am a fan of Obama..but he is not blameless either. The Bush tax cuts ( now the Obama tax cuts)..should never have been continuosly extended. They were not meant to be permanent..and now..for some they are.

I think spending needs to be reduced..but I favor a balanced approach..where everyone can and should feel a little of the pinch. I asked this question in another thread and of course..Skeeter dodged it..but I'll ask it of everyone here: What are you willing to give up? What government assistance/subsidy/etc.. are you willing to do away with. And..before you answer that you don't take "assistance" from the government..consider that every single one of us on this board does..in someway or another..benefit from at least one government funded subsidy. So I ask you..what are you willing to give up?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well..the GOP raised the debt ceiling what..a dozen times under Bush without batting an eye. These types of debt ceiling arguments are nothing but smoke and mirrors..and as long as both sides keep blaming the other for our spending problem..nothing will get done to solve it.

The Bush administration was incredibly irresponsible with spending..and then cutting taxes while we were fighting not one ..but two wars. In the history of the US..no president enacted broad based tax cuts while we were paying for a war..until Bush.

I am a fan of Obama..but he is not blameless either. The Bush tax cuts ( now the Obama tax cuts)..should never have been continuosly extended. They were not meant to be permanent..and now..for some they are.

I think spending needs to be reduced..but I favor a balanced approach..where everyone can and should feel a little of the pinch. I asked this question in another thread and of course..Skeeter dodged it..but I'll ask it of everyone here: What are you willing to give up? What government assistance/subsidy/etc.. are you willing to do away with. And..before you answer that you don't take "assistance" from the government..consider that every single one of us on this board does..in someway or another..benefit from at least one government funded subsidy. So I ask you..what are you willing to give up?

[/QUOTE]

Why should I have to feel the pinch when illegals, and welfare frauds get all the benefits? I'm sick and tired of paying for those that lived beyond their means or who have come here illegally. I'm pissed that I now see my PAYCHECK cut. Guess what, that $1600/yr won't be going towards stimulating the economy it will be taken from me. I blame this on the screwed up Goverment we have controlling our wallets. That includes all. Republicans, democrats and the president. If you LWNJ's here are so blinded by the crap your leaders are selling and truly believe only one side is to blame here then you are the real fools. It would be nice just once to see one of you fools admit the democrats hold a hand in this mess. Just once. I won't hold my breath.

[/QUOTE]

Oh stop you're whining. The money you are talking about is a drop in the bucket compared to the cuts that need to be made. The payroll tax was a temporary measure. Rates are simply going back to what they were 2 years ago. It was not a permenent cut just part of the stimulus. Instead of being happy you got a 2 year break you whine because its over. No wonder our economy is in shambles.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Wednesday said House Speaker John Boehner and congressional Republicans are to blame for the "continued suffering" after superstorm Sandy.

"This is not a Republican or Democratic issue," Christie said during a press conference. "National disasters happen in red states and blue states and states with Democratic governors and Republican governors. We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did until last night."

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can read

[/QUOTE]

He/she has never been able to read.  Can`t debate or discuss either.  Just continues to throw bombs out that make zero sense.  Does anyone think alleyrat knows that 18-22 billion of the 60 billion package is "pork"?  He/she doesn`t have a working brain.  The Democrats in the Senate load the relief package with millions of dollars for Hollywood, $207 million for hospitals in VA, $150 million for Oceanic institute, $2 million for the Smithsonian...........and when the House won`t vote due to Dem nonsense, it`s those "Wascully Wepublicans" causing the problem. 

alleyrat hears what Ed Shultz and Rachel Maddow say and then posts it here.

[/QUOTE]

I find it interesting that jmel complains about the funding for VA hospitals....... Tell me, jmel, just where do you expect a wounded, sick or injured veteran to go for treatment for service connected health issues?

[/QUOTE]

You continue to give us jewels every freakin day.  You are so eager to prove how stupid you are.........it`s amazing!  For once in all your time here at BDC, could you try and read something?......Anything?

The millions of dollars for the VA are IN THE $60 BILLION HURRICANE SANDY RELIEF BILL YOU F VCKING MORON!!!  We have thousands fo people suffering, out of power, out of food, out of jobs.  Christie asks for relief from Washington and what he gets is a package that the DEMOCRATS in the Senate filled with BILLIONS of dollars of unrelated give aways. You really think I (or anyone) would be against money for the VA?

Seriously.........how dumb are you?

[/QUOTE]

I love it when jmel has his little tantrums! LOLOLOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to cut the pay for Congress and senior officers in the military. I'm willing to see some defense cuts, but not Army infantry or the Marines. I think the Navy doesn't need so many submarines. Getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan will save a lot of money.  As for Social Security? We can't cut the benefits, but there needs to be means testing and maybe raise the eligability age, but not for anyone currently within 10 or 12 years within reach of the retirement age. End some of the tax loopholes for big companies and the wealthy. I think we should close Gitmo. That would save money. I would roll back the size of the government that was greatly expanded during the George W. Bush administration in the name of "homeland defense" and the "Patriot Act".  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to cut the pay for Congress and senior officers in the military. I'm willing to see some defense cuts, but not Army infantry or the Marines. I think the Navy doesn't need so many submarines. Getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan will save a lot of money.  As for Social Security? We can't cut the benefits, but there needs to be means testing and maybe raise the eligability age, but not for anyone currently within 10 or 12 years within reach of the retirement age. End some of the tax loopholes for big companies and the wealthy. I think we should close Gitmo. That would save money. I would roll back the size of the government that was greatly expanded during the George W. Bush administration in the name of "homeland defense" and the "Patriot Act".  

[/QUOTE]
    Wow, lame attack dog Alleycat attempts to think real hard. 

"We can't cut the benefits, but there needs to be means testing and maybe raise the eligability age"

Um, that is cutting the benefits.

"End some of the tax loopholes" Wake up. Your hero Obama just included mega billions in special tax breaks for his favorite cronies at GE and other huge corporations. 

You laughed at cutting PBS, but your goofy suggestion to end a $16 trillion debt  is to close Gitmo, a drop in the bucket which will actually cost money...

Ok then, why not help the deficit and host a terrorist suspect in your home; according to libs they are just misunderstood farmers who were "tortured" by being denied the Playboy channel on cable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"We can't cut the benefits, but there needs to be means testing and maybe raise the eligability age"

"End some of the tax loopholes" Wake up. Your hero Obama just included mega billions in special tax breaks for his favorite cronies at GE and other huge corporations. 

You laughed at cutting PBS, but your goofy suggestion to end a $16 trillion debt  is to close Gitmo, a drop in the bucket which will actually cost money...

Ok then, why not help the deficit and host a terrorist suspect in your home; according to libs they are just misunderstood farmers who were "tortured" by being denied the Playboy channel on cable.

[/QUOTE]

You need to try Yoga. It will help you with your anger issues.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You need to try Yoga. It will help you with your anger issues.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion; I did try yoga with a friend once.  You and and your progressive pals angryman and WDYWN seem a good fit for yoga, given how you can stretch and contort logic and reason, and bend over backwards defending the massive failures of liberalism.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.