Christie Endorses Romney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Christie Endorses Romney

This is great news for Mitt.  We should start to see the field dwindle soon, and we could be looking at the ticket....Romney/Christie.

WASHINGTON – Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey will endorse Mitt Romney for president, a campaign official confirmed to the Globe.

The story was first reported by Fox News.

Christie, who just last week decided that he would not launch a White House bid of his own, will appear with Romney at 3 p.m. today in Lebanon, N.H., to make the announcement.

The endorsement is a major coup for Romney ahead of tonight’s debate, giving him the support of an emerging GOP icon as he tries to establish his position as his party’s frontrunner for the presidential nomination.

Christie, who has won praise from both the Tea Party activists and establishment Republicans, was recently the subject of an intense courtship by Republican donors and party elders to seek the nomination. The effort underscored Romney’s inability thus far to curry favor with a certain segment of the Republican Old Guard, despite trying to position himself as the consensus establishment candidate.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/10/christie-endorse-romney-campaign-official-says/e3DXcg0w9nju5X0u5rTCLP/index.html?p1=News_links

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Re: Christie Endorses Romney

Christie is not a good fit for Romney as a running mate ( no obese pun intended). 2 moderate Northeastern Governors. If NJ is  possible for the GOP (and it may be), then the GOP has won 40 other states and the election anyway.

If not Rubio,
    Romney could well go for a swing state Southern Governor, 60% plus approval,  young, Catholic, a rising star. Conservative but not a zealot.
    Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In Response to Re: Christie Endorses Romney:
    [QUOTE]IMO, I don't think the endorsement is all that important. I think Christies appeal is limited to the northeast and urban areas, places that Romney already polls well. Christies stance on guns, immigration and gay rights, to name a few, are at odds with the conservative/tp-er views. I think it may end up hurting Romney with the social conservatives who may view it as a 'gang' of northeast govenors dictating to midle America.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

Its hugely important for securing the Independent vote, which any candidate will need against Obama.

I hear Perry is considering Hank Williams Jr. as a running mate to secure the mouth-breathing redneck vote.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, I don't think the endorsement is all that important. I think Christies appeal is limited to the northeast and urban areas, places that Romney already polls well. Christies stance on guns, immigration and gay rights, to name a few, are at odds with the conservative/tp-er views. I think it may end up hurting Romney with the social conservatives who may view it as a 'gang' of northeast govenors dictating to midle America.

so how's that Kool-aid today, really, lemon-lime?  Trust me, the far-right will vote for Sk8ter before they vote for Obama you bozo.

It's the independant voters that Romney needs, which who voted for Obama last time around, thing is, Obama hasn't delivered squat  to anyone but the Unions, even the BCC is pi$$ed at Obama.

Obama is toast, the media will jump ship as soon as Hillary starts her move, probably around Christmas.  The holiday retail numbers are going to suk, what a better way to make a splash than to throw ol' Bammy under the bus, and challenge him to a primary race!

Gonna be sweet!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

No surprise to that one.  It will be an interesting debate tonight; as it is supposed to focused on the economy.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christie Endorses Romney : Hey numbnutz, Romney first has to win the primary. Christie ain't gonna be much help with that. How's that kool-aide tasting these days?

Guess we'll see in about four-five months now won't we, and BTW, I'm not the one that posts here day and night the same talking points, over and over and over.

I post my opinion, and I'm always right when it comes to my opinion, cuz it's mine!

You, on the other hand are a broken record, but that's OK, it's your choice to be someones stooge............

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christie Endorses Romney : BWAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Now that's some kind of rationalizing ya got going on. Your opinion is just better than everyone else's. I guess wingnuts like yourself need to tell yourself something to explain why you're such an idiot.

The prosecution rests........

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Christie yet again announces he not running.

It amazes me how wrong everyone is (all the time) on this forum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

IS IT JUST ME...OR IS CHRIS CHRISTIE ....JUST CHRIS FARLEY REINCARNATED?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think this is a great turn of events for Romney...not only does Christie's endorsement energize the campaign going into tonight's debate..but Christie will no doubt bring at least some of those big money donors that have been pushing him to run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

When Jim DeMint endorses Romney, which he may, that will be BIG news.  The Christie endorsement is a good thing but not a major event.  Having a Southern Tea Party senator on your side will be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Perry's spokesperson responds to the endorsement:

"Northeast Republicans are sticking together in this case."

Heh.

But it begs the question: does Perry also regard W. as a "northeast republican"...?  And what does geography have to do with anything??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christie Endorses Romney : You're so full of yourself that you think you can crown the wingnut nominee. Must be nice to live in your own alternate world where you get to play king. Is that farmville? I'll stick to reality, thanks.

Sorry bub, but when you take time to read what I wrote, you'll see that my opinion is mine, not yours, and not anyone elses.  That's why is works for me, I don't really care what you think or what you do.

You are an insignifiacant bug on these boards, no one takes you seriously because you spout the same BS over and over aagain.  Your use of the term "wingnut" is so overused, that it is ignored, and everyone else just scrolls past your posts.

I don't post on these boards for any political reason, I have my opinions, and I post them to make myself heard.  It gives me a little break from my job, and helps me blow off a little steam.

As far as reality for you, well, there's hope, but you won't find much in your parents basement.  Time to get a job and make something of yourself, I have, and it feels pretty good.  This board just fills in some time, and gives me a few chuckles along the way.

Peace-out!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

The endorsement is huge, any of the other candidates would have loved to see Christie back them.

Good VP choice????

Maybe, but two NE Governers I feel is not a rounded enough ticket. But it is interesting! 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Dennis Hastert  and Tim Pawlenty have too...the momentum grows.

Mitt is unstoppable. 

Democrats everywhere should be joyful at the idea of Obama losing....even they can't afford 4 more years of President Disaster.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[QUOTE]Do endorsements really matter, though? If a candidate I supported didn't enter or dropped out, I wouldn't care who he/she endorsed. That's my decision.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that you follow things closely so no, it might not matter to someone like you. But, most listen casually to polotics if at all, and that endorsement carries a lot more weight to those people who lightly follow. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christie Endorses Romney : I think it does, those sitting on the fence. My DEM friends in Dogchester,who voted Obama , said they were on up fence (Huntsman) Then said they would vote for Romney. They liked Christy straight talk.
    Posted by howiewho[/QUOTE]

I said it might not matter for some. But sure, it registers to some degree for most.