Clint...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Clint...

I like Clint.  He's great.

But... there is equal reason for a libratarian to support the liberal agenda or the conservative agenda.   They want government out of people's lives - I get that.  It means being socially liberal and fiscally conservative.  Clint put his fiscal conservatism ahead of his social liberalism.

Unfortunately for Clint, he believes the market is perfect and that's simply not true.  If the market were perfect, then the cost of polution would be inherent in the price of producing products.  And it's not.

If markets were perfect, the fiscal crisis would have never occurred. 

Corporations are created by people and if people need laws and the police to maintain order, then certainly corporations need laws and enforcement.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But... there is equal reason for a libratarian to support the liberal agenda or the conservative agenda.   They want government out of people's lives - I get that.  It means being socially liberal and fiscally conservative.  Clint put his fiscal conservatism ahead of his social liberalism.

Unfortunately for Clint, he believes the market is perfect and that's simply not true.  If the market were perfect, then the cost of polution would be inherent in the price of producing products.  And it's not.

Corporations are created by people and if people need laws and the police to maintain order, then certainly corporations need laws and enforcement.

[/QUOTE]

I must have missed him saying he thinks the market is perfect. 

[/QUOTE]

Don't you know what a libertarian is?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No one thinks the market and market solutions are "perfect" they just think they are better than the govt trying to fix things for us!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but what does that have to do with your lie about what Clint thinks? Libertarians don't think the market is perfect. Not by a long shot. Of course if you can prove this I'm all ears. The floor is yours...

[/QUOTE]

Libertarians think the Government should stay out of the economy and leave free markets alone.  If the free market isn't perfect, then bad things happen.  Inefficiencies occur.  Governments have the ability to correct the markets. 

Either the free market is perfect, or the free market isn't perfect and the government needs to correct the market, or the market isn't perfect and is allowed to crash and burn.

Since Libertarians think the government should not be involved in the economy, that leaves out the Government correcting the market.  That leaves the free Market is perfect and should be left alone or the free Market isn't perfect but should be left to crash and burn.

A libertarian who thinks the free market doesn't work.  Do you see the conflict?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

[QUOTE]
    Libertarians think the Government should stay out of the economy and leave free markets alone.  If the free market isn't perfect, then bad things happen.  Inefficiencies occur.  Governments have the ability to correct the markets. 

Either the free market is perfect, or the free market isn't perfect and the government needs to correct the market, or the market isn't perfect and is allowed to crash and burn.

Since Libertarians think the government should not be involved in the economy, that leaves out the Government correcting the market.  That leaves the free Market is perfect and should be left alone or the free Market isn't perfect but should be left to crash and burn.

A libertarian who thinks the free market doesn't work.  Do you see the conflict?[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  Except that when it's on the verge, they'll allow for bailouts by government, or they'll just go silent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Price supports - those are OK, too.

Sections
Shortcuts