Colbert Demolishes Sarah Palin's New Media Venture. (VIDEO)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Colbert Demolishes Sarah Palin's New Media Venture. (VIDEO)

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If a comedian threatens your ideology, the comedian isn't the problem....  

[/QUOTE]

Is that true of a football coach as well? How about a cable TV Southern chef? How about the patriarch of a Cable TV show about the duck-calling business?

The list of politically correct victims of liberalism is endless... I agree,  the ideology of liberalism is the problem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

[] If a comedian threatens your ideology, the comedian isn't the problem....   []

Is that true of a football coach as well? How about a cable TV Southern chef? How about the patriarch of a Cable TV show about the duck-calling business?

Huh? What? You'll have to do more to explain what those are examples of and how they link up with your false and misguided complaint that Colbert doesn't make fun of people on the left.

The list of politically correct victims of liberalism is endless... I agree,  the ideology of liberalism is the problem.

Oh, I see. It was just: Random words, now doodyface on the lib.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[] If a comedian threatens your ideology, the comedian isn't the problem....   []

Huh? What? You'll have to do more to explain what those are examples of and how they link up with your false and misguided complaint that Colbert doesn't make fun of people on the left.

/QUOTE]

A laughable position that Colbert is a non-political moderate who hits both sides equally, and isnt the darling of the Far left, is a real hoot. A good brillinat satirist could have fun with that. Progressives dont really believe that, what they believe is that "reality has a liberal bias" or some such nonsense. As long as they can nastily and with wit, diss conservatives, all is well.. 

When Colbert announced he was leaving his faux conservative character, the Left was sick with sadness. They love their idiot conservative, and aren't dealing well with its departure. Hendrik Hertzberg at The New Yorker, a former Carter speechwriter and Newsweek reporter, is putting on a black armband in mourning. He sincerely believes "The Character" is a "miraculous and unparalleled intellectual and political achievement." Break out the smelling salts, he said this:

" Stewart will now have to soldier on alone. The immediate loss is for liberals, for whom “Stephen Colbert” has played a unique role as a fifth column. The Character has been a miraculous and unparalleled intellectual and political achievement, sustained for a very long time at a very high level....."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv

For eight years—for every minute of every half-hour of every edition of “The Colbert Report”—“Stephen Colbert” has been the exuberantly prim, indefatigably dim, supremely confident faux-conservative pundit who, brandishing a rippling, man-size American flag, has swooped thrillingly down at us four nights a week. Soon he will be gone. And we, his fans, will be bereft, deprived of the consolations he offers us for, among other afflictions, the existence of Fox News...."

Yes, I know...reality has a liberal bias, blah bla blah...and Colbert really didnt hype his sister's Congressional candicacy...and he doesnt suck up to progressives and mock conservatives...

-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

A laughable position that Colbert is a non-political moderate who hits both sides equally, and isnt the darling of the Far left, is a real hoot. A good brillinat satirist could have fun with that. Progressives dont really believe that, what they believe is that "reality has a liberal bias" or some such nonsense. As long as they can nastily and with wit, diss conservatives, all is well.. 

When Colbert announced he was leaving his faux conservative character, the Left was sick with sadness. They love their idiot conservative, and aren't dealing well with its departure. Hendrik Hertzberg at The New Yorker, a former Carter speechwriter and Newsweek reporter, is putting on a black armband in mourning. He sincerely believes "The Character" is a "miraculous and unparalleled intellectual and political achievement." Break out the smelling salts, he said this:

" Stewart will now have to soldier on alone. The immediate loss is for liberals, for whom “Stephen Colbert” has played a unique role as a fifth column. The Character has been a miraculous and unparalleled intellectual and political achievement, sustained for a very long time at a very high level....."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv

For eight years—for every minute of every half-hour of every edition of “The Colbert Report”—“Stephen Colbert” has been the exuberantly prim, indefatigably dim, supremely confident faux-conservative pundit who, brandishing a rippling, man-size American flag, has swooped thrillingly down at us four nights a week. Soon he will be gone. And we, his fans, will be bereft, deprived of the consolations he offers us for, among other afflictions, the existence of Fox News...."

Yes, I know...reality has a liberal bias, blah bla blah...and Colbert really didnt hype his sister's Congressional candicacy...and he doesnt suck up to progressives and mock conservatives...

-

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're attacking Colbert for a) being successful and b) exercising his free speech.

A two-fer ... well done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

A laughable position that Colbert is a non-political moderate who hits both sides equally, and isnt the darling of the Far left, is a real hoot.

Well, there you go again. I said absolutely none of those things.

I said he makes fun of the left and the right alike. I did not purport to tally the times he made fun of each, just that he definitely did hit the left plenty.

You continue to miss the point that he is a COMEDIAN, not a reporter, not a news station, not a politician. He makes no claim to be "fair and balanced" nor does anyone. However, it is true that he has made fun of the left plenty.

As usual, this problem originates in your head. You seem to have some assumption that in order to be funny a comedian who talks about politics has to mock both sides in precisely equal amounts without regard to the rate at which members of those sides are doing ridiculous things.

A good brillinat satirist could have fun with that. Progressives dont really believe that, what they believe is that "reality has a liberal bias" or some such nonsense. As long as they can nastily and with wit, diss conservatives, all is well.. 

You just nastily dissed liberals. You always do. I don't know about the wit.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv

For eight years—for every minute of every half-hour of every edition of “The Colbert Report”—“Stephen Colbert” has been the exuberantly prim, indefatigably dim, supremely confident faux-conservative pundit who, brandishing a rippling, man-size American flag, has swooped thrillingly down at us four nights a week. Soon he will be gone. And we, his fans, will be bereft, deprived of the consolations he offers us for, among other afflictions, the existence of Fox News....

Hendrik Hertzberg is sad that Colbert is going off the air and said that Colbert is a "fifth column".

Therefore.....what?

I think the reason Colbert bothers you so much is that he does do a great job getting to the absurdity or dishonesty of politics.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A laughable position that Colbert is a non-political moderate who hits both sides equally, and isnt the darling of the Far left, is a real hoot.

I said he makes fun of the left and the right alike. I did not purport to tally the times he made fun of each, just that he definitely did hit the left plenty.

You continue to miss the point that he is a COMEDIAN, not a reporter, not a news station, not a politician. He makes no claim to be "fair and balanced" nor does anyone. However, it is true that he has made fun of the left plenty.

As usual, this problem originates in your head. You seem to have some assumption that in order to be funny a comedian who talks about politics has to mock both sides in precisely equal amounts without regard to the rate at which members of those sides are doing ridiculous things.

A good brillinat satirist could have fun with that. Progressives dont really believe that, what they believe is that "reality has a liberal bias" or some such nonsense. As long as they can nastily and with wit, diss conservatives, all is well.. 

You just nastily dissed liberals. You always do. I don't know about the wit.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv" rel="nofollow">http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/04/15/mourning-their-idiot-liberals-are-seriously-exaggerating-loss-colbert-ch#ixzz394i8omMv

For eight years—for every minute of every half-hour of every edition of “The Colbert Report”—“Stephen Colbert” has been the exuberantly prim, indefatigably dim, supremely confident faux-conservative pundit who, brandishing a rippling, man-size American flag, has swooped thrillingly down at us four nights a week. Soon he will be gone. And we, his fans, will be bereft, deprived of the consolations he offers us for, among other afflictions, the existence of Fox News....

Hendrik Hertzberg is sad that Colbert is going off the air and said that Colbert is a "fifth column".

Therefore.....what?

I think the reason Colbert bothers you so much is that he does do a great job getting to the absurdity or dishonesty of politics.

[/QUOTE]

I know the reason you like Colbert so much is that , in addition to being a comedian and satirist, he is an unabashed progressive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

I know the reason you like Colbert so much is that , in addition to being a comedian and satirist, he is an unabashed progressive.

[/QUOTE]

Then why haven't I watched his show in at least a year?

Again...stop assuming that everyone thinks just like you.

And I'm not a "progressive," whatever that is supposed to be

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Then why haven't I watched his show in at least a year?

Again...stop assuming that everyone thinks just like you.

And I'm not a "progressive," whatever that is supposed to be

You and Colbert are died in the wool conservatives.... got it.

The following is proof either that Colbert preaches to his progressive choir, or just that, hey  conservatives are dumb rubes with no sense of humor, and that reality has a liberal bias.

If Colbert really did "skew" Obama and liberals, instead of mocking and yes, insulting conservative views, perhaps Republicans might tune in for the laughs:

A 2012 Pew Research Center survey of news consumption and partisanship found that just more than one in ten viewers (12 percent) of "The Colbert Report" were Republicans while 38 percent were independents and 45 percent identified themselves as Democrats.

It is called "preaching to the choir".

I think Dennis Miller is funny...he mocks liberals  lot, and on occasion conservatives.....well, if a progressive doesnt agree he is funny, then according to the same logic used for Colbert, then

1) libs have no sense of humor and

2) their ideology is threatened by him..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

WHOOSH.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

If you can't laugh at people of your own ideology because it breaks some code you have, then don't tune in.

But don't claim that Colbert has any duty to be "fair and balanced" in who he mocks, and don't claim that he never mocks the left. The former is ridiculous and the latter is false.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

If you can't laugh at people of your own ideology because it breaks some code you have, then don't tune in.

But don't claim that Colbert has any duty to be "fair and balanced" in who he mocks, and don't claim that he never mocks the left. The former is ridiculous and the latter is false.

Of course, I  never said Colbert has any duty to be fair and balanced, that is your absurd meaningless hyperbole.

He can do as he pleases, just as his critics can diss him, and dissing him doesnt mean one has no sense of humor. 

Colbert may mildly mock Democrat pols, but he does not dig deep and mock the tenets of liberalism, he doesnt go there at all.....someone like Dennis Miller will go there.

Colbert has a liberal audience because he is a liberal comedian. Simple enough. Liberals think him a genius, because he hits on their preconceived notions and reinforces their preexisting prejudices.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Of course, I  never said Colbert has any duty to be fair and balanced,

You just complained that he doesn't mock the left as frequently as he mocks the right. Which is magically different.

that is your absurd meaningless hyperbole.

No, that would be your comment that: "Colbert has a liberal audience because he is a liberal comedian. Simple enough. Liberals think him a genius, because he hits on their preconceived notions and reinforces their preexisting prejudices....."

Yep, just rant on about an entire group of people you don't bother to define. Doesn't it ever get boring?

He can do as he pleases, just as his critics can diss him, and dissing him doesnt mean one has no sense of humor. Colbert may mildly mock Democrat pols, but he does not dig deep and mock the tenets of liberalism, he doesnt go there at all.....someone like Dennis Miller will go there.

Therefore what? He's not funny unless he "mock[s] the tenets of liberalism"? He's got to call liberals hypocrites for you to find him amusing? 

You've got an arsenal of axes to grind but you can't find a stone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of course, I  never said Colbert has any duty to be fair and balanced,

You just complained that he doesn't mock the left as frequently as he mocks the right. Which is magically different.

that is your absurd meaningless hyperbole.

No, that would be your comment that: "Colbert has a liberal audience because he is a liberal comedian. Simple enough. Liberals think him a genius, because he hits on their preconceived notions and reinforces their preexisting prejudices....."

Yep, just rant on about an entire group of people you don't bother to define. Doesn't it ever get boring?

He can do as he pleases, just as his critics can diss him, and dissing him doesnt mean one has no sense of humor. Colbert may mildly mock Democrat pols, but he does not dig deep and mock the tenets of liberalism, he doesnt go there at all.....someone like Dennis Miller will go there.

Therefore what? He's not funny unless he "mock[s] the tenets of liberalism"? He's got to call liberals hypocrites for you to find him amusing? 

You've got an arsenal of axes to grind but you can't find a stone.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And all of this coming from some one named ComingLiberalCrackup. There's no bias there, is there?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Colbert may mildly mock Democrat pols, but he does not dig deep and mock the tenets of liberalism, he doesnt go there at all.....someone like Dennis Miller will go there.

See here's the thing, CLC....

Dennis Miller can say all he wants about liberals and Obama. He can call them super-doodyfaced-communists until he's blue in the mouth. In fact, he probably has. Have any of these BDC liberals you rant about said anything in complaint about him, CLC? 

Have they complained because, as a conservative, he tends to go after liberals more frequently?

Have the whined that Dennis Miller is attacking liberal politicians?

The answer, we know, is no. Make like them and stop worrying about how Colbert distributes his comedic scorn. IF you can laugh at yourself, tune in. Otherwise, ignore him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Colbert may mildly mock Democrat pols, but he does not dig deep and mock the tenets of liberalism, he doesnt go there at all.....someone like Dennis Miller will go there.[/QUOTE]

See here's the thing, CLC....

Dennis Miller can say all he wants about liberals and Obama. He can call them super-doodyfaced-communists until he's blue in the mouth. In fact, he probably has. Have any of these BDC liberals you rant about said anything in complaint about him, CLC? 

Have they complained because, as a conservative, he tends to go after liberals more frequently?

Have the whined that Dennis Miller is attacking liberal politicians?

The answer, we know, is no. Make like them and stop worrying about how Colbert distributes his comedic scorn. IF you can laugh at yourself, tune in. Otherwise, ignore him.

[/QUOTE]

But, Miller is a comedian, and Colbert is a journalist, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]

Does Obama count? He's made fun of Obama

How many years into his administration did that happen? Just wondering...

[/QUOTE]

I believe he first did so during Obama's first campaign...  

I continue to find it bizarre that people are demanding that a comedian* be more Fair and Balanced than Fox News....

However, I am not surprised that people who don't watch Colbert have no idea what he does and does not ridicule, nor have any sense of its frequency. Those people are way too tied up in the political wars. They call Obama divisive, but the reality is that they are the ones lumping themselves up into camps. Or more like it, tribes. And this is going on to the point where they won't loosen up and give Colbert a chance to amuse them because what if he makes fun of a conservative omigodno!

*(emphasis added).

[/QUOTE]

Sooooo, I googled "Colbert Obama jokes" and it seems that, in truth, Colbert is nothing but an Obama smack. Yes, I know, small sample size, still if they're that hard to find there must not be too many of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Colbert has never been funny nor even amusing, whereas John Daley can be funny, but can also take himself to seriously, it's sad that too many get their "news" from him, he like letterman are really only clowns. And before anyone retorts , they are only comedians, a type of clown

and for you progressives, don't you wonder why Leno was shoved aside again , when he was the number one host again? By nbc? Who gave 600k to Chelsea for doing squat?vDo you think maybe, just maybe coz Obama couldn't take all of his Obama jokes? Just maybe?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I disagree, Colbert is incredibly funny. Let's just not pretend he's an equal opportunity targeter.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's just not pretend he's an equal opportunity targeter.

[/QUOTE]

No one did.

Let's just not pretend he never makes fun of the left, and then double down by acting like that matters.

Tallying up who a COMEDIAN makes fun of to try to make some sort of POLITICAL point? Shake of the head, wag of the finger.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

I disagree, Colbert is incredibly funny. Let's just not pretend he's an equal opportunity targeter.

--

[/QUOTE]

Well when he takes over the tonite show we shall see

my bet is he goes down in flames -

Colbert has been a one trick pony and you really really have to like his pony for him to be funny & its awfully thin

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

continue to find it bizarre that people are demanding that a comedian* be more Fair and Balanced than Fox News....

[/QUOTE]

I continue to find it bizarre that you wont admit Colbert is a liberal comedian and satirist,..you cling to a delusion that Colbert is an 'artist', above all that ,who will make you laugh, and he doesnt sink to the level of partisanship..and gee whiz, he makes fun of Democrats sometimes..

Liberal Frank Rich just wrote a full length piece in New York magazine, analyzing why he thinks "conservative" comedians are not as funny or popular as "liberal" comedians..he is right, there are liberal comedians and conservative comedians, with different audiences.

Is he crazy? Did he demand that comedians be fair and balanced?

http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/conservative-comedians-2014-5/" rel="nofollow">http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/conservative-comedians-2014-5/

So please dispense with the fiction that comedians who try to make us laugh are demigods, or something..and the "gee whiz, Colbert made fun of the left as well" ..and "if you dont laugh at all his jokes, you are letting your ideology interfere"...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

So please dispense with the fiction that comedians who try to make us laugh are demigods, or something..

I know it's Friday, but it's still too early to be drinking.

Also, like truther Che-Is-God, you should really start trying to actually read what you're responding to. I don't know where you got the rest of your post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Are you talking to me? I'm a "progressive" because you label me one?

You can be what you want to be baby!

I'm always curious though, are the SP bashers doing so because they've spent time reading the things she writes and listening to the things that she says or is it just the cool thing to do? Because SNL.

Regardless, just keep tossing out the empty, meaningless insults if it makes you feel better. And that's what it's really all about, isn't it?

--

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

you wont admit Colbert is a liberal comedian and satirist

[/QUOTE]

Huh? Like I said....  too early for that.

Of course he's a liberal comedian. I thought everyone knew that. His schtick is a caricature of some of the most absurd representatives of conservatism.

That doesn't change the fact that when I used to watch, I saw him make fun of the left quite a bit.

That doesn't change the fact that if you think he isn't funny, chances are it's because you can't laugh at people identified as being on your side.

Stop victimizing yourselves.

25. This post has been removed.