Colin Powell Endorsed Barack Obama!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

I remember some pretty sharp criticisms made towards Powell by some lefties on this board.... and it wasn't all that long ago. Now all of sudden he is an American hero.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    Sieg Heil!
    You'll be sorry..........
    [/Quote]

I already am...at having to read scum like this....[/Quote]

S'matter Marty, don't like a big ol' cup of reality? Sue clicks her heels right on command, just like the rest of you folks.
    I'm not scum to believe that an Obama presidency will be worse for the country than a McCain presidency. But I guess we'll have to see, I'll bet you'll be one of the first to to throw a stone if Obama doesn't get elected.
    Check the polls lately? Still a single digit lead, don't worry, the Messiah will find a way.........then we'll see.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote]Powell certainly hates Bush more than he hates McCain. John Kerry was certainly more qualified and a better choice than Obama.

Why endorse Obama but not Kerry, Secretary Powell???

I like Powell, if he was running I would have voted for him. However, endorsing a guy with whom you have only ONE thing in common doesn't really makes sense.

I think his endorsement will ring hollow. Kind of like Oprah's endorsement.[/Quote]

Your post makes no sense. One thing in common - let's see, they are both American, both are male, both have a fater that is black, both are intelliegent, both like Jazz, both like baseball....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote]

I wonder why so late and why he will not campaign with Obama?

He will be an advisor but, not good enough for the VP position?

Funny how that works.[/Quote]

Maybe the reason he wasn't tapped to be Obama's running mate was because he's a republican.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote]I remember some pretty sharp criticisms made towards Powell by some lefties on this board.... and it wasn't all that long ago. Now all of sudden he is an American hero.[/Quote]

Are you trying to say that "American Heroes" can't be criticized? Can't a person be a hero and be wrong or misguided on a particular issue? Can't a person be right on some issues and wrong on others?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote][Quote][Quote]
    Sieg Heil!
    You'll be sorry..........
    [/Quote]

I already am...at having to read scum like this....[/Quote]

S'matter Marty, don't like a big ol' cup of reality? Sue clicks her heels right on command, just like the rest of you folks.
    I'm not scum to believe that an Obama presidency will be worse for the country than a McCain presidency. But I guess we'll have to see, I'll bet you'll be one of the first to to throw a stone if Obama doesn't get elected.
    Check the polls lately? Still a single digit lead, don't worry, the Messiah will find a way.........then we'll see.......
    [/Quote]

Propaganda is not reality, no matter how much you would like it to be. Every time I think that people can be rational and constructive while disagreeing with each other, along comes a comment like yours. It's precisely the reason why the extremist fringe of the GOP has completely alienated its more moderate, more sensible leaders like Gen. Powell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

I think it's Zell Miller time!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[Quote]

Are you trying to say that "American Heroes" can't be criticized? Can't a person be a hero and be wrong or misguided on a particular issue? Can't a person be right on some issues and wrong on others?[/Quote]

I suppose, but the types of things that were being said went beyond just criticism went beyond into the realm of character assasination..war monger, murderer, etc

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem12475. Show jem12475's posts

A person of color has run for the White House in every presidential election over the last 24 years: Jesse Jackson in 1984 and 1988. Gov. Douglas Wilder of Virginia in 1992. Former ambassador and conservative activist Alan Keyes of Maryland in 1996 and 2000. Former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun of Illinois and the Rev. Al Sharpton of New York in 2004.

This endorsement was not about race. If so why didnt Collin Powell endorse any of the names mentioned above? It seems that some Republicans dont like how McCain has run his campaign. The Re-Thugs never do research and are always 2 steps behind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem12475. Show jem12475's posts

Another thing....

Obama/Biden 08

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem12475. Show jem12475's posts

A person of color has run for the White House in every presidential election over the last 24 years: Jesse Jackson in 1984 and 1988. Gov. Douglas Wilder of Virginia in 1992. Former ambassador and conservative activist Alan Keyes of Maryland in 1996 and 2000. Former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun of Illinois and the Rev. Al Sharpton of New York in 2004.

This endorsement was not about race. If so why didnt Collin Powell endorse any of the names mentioned above? It seems that some Republicans dont like how McCain has run his campaign. The Re-Thugs never do research and are always 2 steps behind.

For all the Re-Thugs that will claim none of the above were viable candidates. What does it matter black is black right? That is your argument correct? This example should make your weekly whine done and over with.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote]A person of color has run for the White House in every presidential election over the last 24 years: Jesse Jackson in 1984 and 1988. Gov. Douglas Wilder of Virginia in 1992. Former ambassador and conservative activist Alan Keyes of Maryland in 1996 and 2000. Former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun of Illinois and the Rev. Al Sharpton of New York in 2004.

This endorsement was not about race. If so why didnt Collin Powell endorse any of the names mentioned above? [/Quote]

Because none on them were front-runners. Not to mention he wasn't AS significant prior to 2000. So much for YOUR research eh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem12475. Show jem12475's posts

[Quote][Quote]A person of color has run for the White House in every presidential election over the last 24 years: Jesse Jackson in 1984 and 1988. Gov. Douglas Wilder of Virginia in 1992. Former ambassador and conservative activist Alan Keyes of Maryland in 1996 and 2000. Former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun of Illinois and the Rev. Al Sharpton of New York in 2004.

This endorsement was not about race. If so why didnt Collin Powell endorse any of the names mentioned above? [/Quote]

Because none on them were front-runners. Not to mention he wasn't AS significant prior to 2000. So much for YOUR research eh?[/Quote]

An endorsement for a candidate can come at anytime. Collin Powell was significant enough in 2000, why not then? Can you answer for 00 and 04?
    Ill wait...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem12475. Show jem12475's posts

Because none on them were front-runners. Not to mention he wasn't AS significant prior to 2000. So much for YOUR research eh?

An endorsement for a candidate can come at anytime. Collin Powell was significant enough in 2000, why not then? Can you answer for 00 and 04?
    Ill wait...

And if its about black why wouldnt Collin Powell tell that white guy Bush "I dont wanna be your SOS, Im gonna hold out and see if Sharpton or Braun win the nomination since all us blacks stick together"

You know why he didnt because thats not who he is. Keep em comming Re-Thug ill bury your .5 ounce brain.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem12475. Show jem12475's posts

An endorsement for a candidate can come at anytime. Collin Powell was 
    significant enough in 2000, why not then? Can you answer for 00 and 04?
    Ill wait...

And if its about black why wouldnt Collin Powell tell that white guy Bush "I
    dont wanna be your SOS, Im gonna hold out and see if Sharpton or Braun win the
    nomination since all us blacks stick together"

You know why he didnt because thats not who he is

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kazzmedia. Show kazzmedia's posts

I was not surprised by Powell's endorsement. I was very pleased not only with his decision, but with his eloquent choice of words as well. His timing was both appropriate and excellent.

Angry Republicans who pass this off as racial do little more to prove themselves as racist and lack the ability to listen to and process reason. They choose to obsess on why General Powell waited until now because they are sore losers flailing for excuses.

Smart Republicans will take General Powell's words into consideration and make the right decision.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kazzmedia. Show kazzmedia's posts

"Why endorse Obama but not Kerry, Secretary Powell???"
    Uhm ... for the simple reason that John Kerry is a complete idiot?

Did you even listen to a single word Powell said?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGilday. Show AGilday's posts

Wasn't it Colin Powell that lied to the United Nations? If Obama wants to rebuild our credibiliy abroad, why choose the mouthpiece that the lies flowed through to other Nations?

Obama uses these straw man arguments of poor judgment and then he brings in the old guard in Washington and the very people that he says lied to the World.

Obama never saw the intelligence reports that Clinton, Biden, Kerry, etc. saw before authorizing the use of force in Iraq. Powell not only saw the intelligence reports, he sold it to the World.

If Obama was a man of conviction he wouldn't have voted to fund over $300 Billion, voted to confirm Condi Rice to Secretary of State and be proud of Colin Powell, a man who let others trade on his credibility.

Please, someone from the Press ask Powell if he believed that Iraq had WMD's. If he did, does that blow apart Obama's judgment versus experience argument?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

This just proves that Powell was made a fool of by the Bush administration. Why wasn't he Sec. of Defense? Because he wasn't a big enough tool! Payback is a you know what.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgranat. Show bgranat's posts

There are some really priceless comments on the ABC blog with the incredible Biden Seattle remarks,
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/biden-to-suppor.html, including:
    Why I am voting Democrat!
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending MY MONEY than I would. I think when you spread the wealth around it is good for everybody! It’s Patriotic!
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. All profits are evil and should be confiscated for Government Redistribution.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that MORE Government regulations and higher taxes on Business will stop Business from exporting their jobs to Countries with LESS Government regulations and lower taxes.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe terrorists should be allowed to have trials in American courts. And be able to subpoena top secret documents, soldiers, government officials, etc. to cross examine for their defense. They should have ACLU lawyers who can help intimidate Americans who serve on the juries!
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe Gay Marriage should be the law of the land and will probably produce better children.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe English should not be the official language of the United States. I don’t mind pushing one for English when I use the phone.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe partial birth abortion is okay but water boarding a terrorist is disgusting.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe having a domestic terrorist like Bill Ayers as a close friend is a good thing. It allows for great relations with foreign terrorists.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe in a FREE government health care system. I believe doctors, nurses, hospitals, drug companies, etc. will gladly donate their time, products, services, facilities, etc. for FREE and that will be a better system.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe in and support trial lawyers, frivolous lawsuits and outrageous jury verdicts.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe 9/11 was an inside job to con the American people to go to war for oil.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe social security is solvent and that there is a social security lock box and I don’t believe social security is a Ponzi scheme.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe MOST AMERICANS are bitter and cling to their guns and religion. Let’s rid our country of guns and religion!
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe illegal aliens deserve all the rights of ordinary Americans plus some additional rights Americans do not have.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe corporations should pay higher taxes! I believe higher taxes on business will make the price of their products and services LESS EXPENSIVE.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe groups like ACORN who register felons, drug addicts, wino’s, homeless drifters, illegal aliens, dead people, children, fictional Disney characters, etc. makes my vote count more.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe celebrating the winter solstice shows compassion for the small minority of people that do not celebrate Christmas.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe hard core criminal murders and rapists deserve life and that the innocent unborn deserve death. It’s a choice I can live with.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe Bush caused Hurricane Katrina and he blew-up the levies in the ninth ward of New Orleans.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe that any one who is not partaking in one of the many wonderful government programs obviously has too much money and should pay higher taxes.
    I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq the terrorists will be happy and now think of us as good people.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe our soldiers are AIR RAIDING villages and killing innocent people.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe sex in the Oval Office with an intern is a private matter and that everybody lies under oath about sex.
    I'm votin Demokrat becuse I wus edumkated at a publick sckrool. I lik da Natsionel Edukatshun Assoseeashun!
    I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as it does not offend people. Can’t we all just get along?
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits are wrong. I believe higher taxes on oil companies will produce lower prices at the pump.
    I'm voting Democrat because I believe we need to rid ourselves of dependency on foreign oil, BUT I AM AGAINST offshore drilling for oil and natural gas, drilling in Anwar, building nuclear power plants and clean coal technology.
    And finally, I'm voting Democrat because I believe Reverend Wright when he said "GODDAMN AMERICA" and "OUR CHICKENS ARE COMING HOME TO ROOST". Hey let’s make a comfortable nest for those chickens!
    Why are you voting Democrat?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote][Quote][Quote]A person of color has run for the White House in every presidential election over the last 24 years: Jesse Jackson in 1984 and 1988. Gov. Douglas Wilder of Virginia in 1992. Former ambassador and conservative activist Alan Keyes of Maryland in 1996 and 2000. Former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun of Illinois and the Rev. Al Sharpton of New York in 2004.

Because none on them were front-runners. Not to mention he wasn't AS significant prior to 2000. So much for YOUR research eh?[/Quote]

Ill wait... [/Quote]

Yes I can. Let me repeat.....they weren't front-runners....they weren't front runners. Why on earth would he go against his party for a candidate that was a non-factor? He's an intelligent man who knows better than to endorse a loser. Why do you think he waited so long to endorse Obama?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote]Because none on them were front-runners. Not to mention he wasn't AS significant prior to 2000. So much for YOUR research eh?

Ill wait...

And if its about black why wouldnt Collin Powell tell that white guy Bush "I dont wanna be your SOS, Im gonna hold out and see if Sharpton or Braun win the nomination since all us blacks stick together"

You know why he didnt because thats not who he is. Keep em comming Re-Thug ill bury your .5 ounce brain.[/Quote]

Um....I never said it was about being black, stupid. I said it was about supporting a front-runner. LOL....way to "bury" me....great job...hahahahahahahaha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote]
    It's no coincidence that 95% of all blacks are voting for Obama!!

Stop kidding yourself--of course they support him because of "race"!

Colin Powell is another example of a "race" endorsement.

MCCAIN 2008
    [/Quote]

No, no...don't you get it silly. If you vote FOR Obama it's not a racial issue, but if you DON'T vote for him it IS a racial issue. See how that works??? : )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[/Quote]No, no...don't you get it silly. If you vote FOR Obama it's not a racial issue, but if you DON'T vote for him it IS a racial issue. See how that works??? : ) [/Quote]

Finally...it's about time some of you understand this fundamental bit of logic.

25. This post has been removed.