Collectivism vs.Self Reliance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Collectivism vs.Self Reliance

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

If the GOP was at all interested in anything like political unity, they would have demonstrated thus, and they would not have lost the electorate the way they did in November.

Any attempt at reconciliation is excoriated in the right-wing press and radio, and accusations of "RINO!" fly like snowflakes, e.g. Chris Christie.  The kerfuffle over relief aid for Hurricane Sandy was just the latest example of the repubs' tin ear and conflicted heart.

The speech yesterday was not divisive, though some on the right would doubtless see it that way...because why change now?? That's been their theme all along.  Its rhetoric was ultimately respectful of its audience and dedicated to empowering the people to take responsibility for their own destiny.  One commentator has called him the "liberal reagan", and that could end up being more true than anyone realizes.

The republicans have done so, and Obama rejected it.  Don't you remember the latest budget fiasco?  Bohner brought to Obama the very same plan Obama campaigned on, and Obama rejected it.

Obama is a hyperpartisan ideolouge, not a hapless victim of partisanship.

I didn't say he's a victim; he just tried way too hard to appeal to the GOP's best instincts and got burned over and over and over...all while enduring myriad specious attacks on his identity and character...

...and I don't blame him one bit for attempting to take the fight to them for a change.

Obama offered a compromise (accepted), and Boehner got smoked by his own party.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Mitch McConnell stated that he hopes that he can work with the President and Dems with a new beginning.

Oh a born again, eh? Just repeat a couple lines... 

Sorry, you don't get to sh!t on someone every day for four years straight and then say, "hey, let's be friends"

WDYWN, Politics isn't tiddly winks..........time to move forward unless you and your side want to be obstructionists.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) congratulated President Obama Monday on his inauguration and portrayed the moment as an opportunity for a "fresh start" in working on challenges together.

“Every four years on Inauguration Day, America shows the world that our major political parties can disagree with civility and mutual respect," McConnell said in a statement. "It is in this spirit that I congratulate President Obama on his inauguration to a second term and wish him well in the fulfillment of his duty to lead the U.S. at home and abroad over the next four years.

"The President’s second term represents a fresh start when it comes to dealing with the great challenges of our day; particularly, the transcendent challenge of unsustainable federal spending and debt," he said. "Republicans are eager to work with the President on achieving this common goal, and we firmly believe that divided government provides the perfect opportunity to do so. Together, there is much we can achieve.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

If the GOP was at all interested in anything like political unity, they would have demonstrated thus, and they would not have lost the electorate the way they did in November.

Any attempt at reconciliation is excoriated in the right-wing press and radio, and accusations of "RINO!" fly like snowflakes, e.g. Chris Christie.  The kerfuffle over relief aid for Hurricane Sandy was just the latest example of the repubs' tin ear and conflicted heart.

The speech yesterday was not divisive, though some on the right would doubtless see it that way...because why change now?? That's been their theme all along.  Its rhetoric was ultimately respectful of its audience and dedicated to empowering the people to take responsibility for their own destiny.  One commentator has called him the "liberal reagan", and that could end up being more true than anyone realizes.

GOP lost due to a few stupid comments that got more play then they deserved by the MSM.

Your point on right wing radio, RINO rants and the bru haha over Christie doing his job is spot on and the GOP needs to look at the size of their tent and then decide who needs to to thrown out or gagged.

His speech contained less vision and more campaign rhetoric then most inaugural speeches, I'm onboard with RINO Collin's thoughts.  

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) congratulated Obama on his second term, and she urged both parties to seek bipartisan solutions to the many problems facing the country.

Yet as for Obama’s speech, Collins — one of the few remaining GOP moderates in the Senate — wasn’t a fan. “The speech was more of a campaign-style speech than I expected,” Collins said. “But he delivered it very well, and it certainly resonated with the people who came.”

“Maybe it was just the final stage of the campaign, and now we can all get to governing,” Collins added.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/republicans-fighting-words-from-obama-in-inaugural-speech-86514.html#ixzz2IiFpkqGY

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Sorry, you don't get to sh!t on someone every day for four years straight and then say, "hey, let's be friends"

[/QUOTE]

Can you show the 1460 times he shlt on Obama over the last 4 years.

oh wait you just full of shlt.

my bad.

How about just 1 time he actually said he "would not work with the President"?????

did you hear that in the media or read it on the internet cuz we know there is no untruths ineither of those sources.

You and your party's inability to have any accountibility is staggeringly stupid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Yup. Click through the last 50 pages of threads.

Cowrd!!

oh wait you just full of shlt.

my bad.

How about just 1 time he actually said he "would not work with the President"?????

did you hear that in the media or read it on the internet cuz we know there is no untruths ineither of those sources.

You and your party's inability to have any accountibility is staggeringly stupid

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

GOP lost due to a few stupid comments that got more play then they deserved by the MSM.

Your point on right wing radio, RINO rants and the bru haha over Christie doing his job is spot on and the GOP needs to look at the size of their tent and then decide who needs to to thrown out or gagged.

His speech contained less vision and more campaign rhetoric then most inaugural speeches, I'm onboard with RINO Collin's thoughts.  

Heh.  And yet you give those 'comments' quite a bit of weight to sway the whole election...?

Really?!?!  5 million people, huh?!    With analysis like that, you could work for Dick Morris.

Please.  Tomorrow, the conservatives will go back to hating Collins' guts.  McConnell will send out his boogeyman-sounding missives about "takin' our guns".  L

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Heh.  And yet you give those 'comments' quite a bit of weight to sway the whole election...?

Really?!?!  5 million people, huh?!    With analysis like that, you could work for Dick Morris.

Please.  Tomorrow, the conservatives will go back to hating Collins' guts.  McConnell will send out his boogeyman-sounding missives about "takin' our guns".  L

Look there was a dramatic shift in the women vote from the past elections.  The GOP shot themselves in the foot.  If the split had shifted back to where it was with Bush the election would have shifted, never mind the latino/hispanic shift from Bush to Obama percentages.

I did the numbers on an earlier thread post election the percentages are real.

The conservative hate RINO's no matter what so nothng new with Collins; but I value a thinking conservative like her.  Yeah I know Mitch is warning that Obama wants our guns; its true but that won't happen anyway.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[/QUOTE]

Incumbants are historically hard to beat!

Why did dems get schalacked by the electorate in 2010?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Mitch McConnell stated that he hopes that he can work with the President and Dems with a new beginning.

Agreed. The Obama I've seen and heard over the past few weeks seems like he's had it with the GOP games.  Any olive branches extended by the GOP are simply about self preservation. They know they are on dangerous ground and have to push back from the edge of the cliff.

Don't get me wrong...the motive is meaningless to me as long as something...anything ..gets accomplished by Congress this term.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

those in need, the GLBT community, immigrants, gender pay equality, women’s health and continued his support for their needs and the solution was bigger government

Yeah. F**k those people. Why don't we just kill them?

Also, nice red baiting.

Really, the president goes out of his way to push the agenda of his supporters and fails to inspire me because he's more interested in his progressive agenda and your answer is just kill them????????

How about trying to unite versus a continued agenda of only being interested is his special interests.  I'm not against them but they're not my issues.  

He should push the things that he ran on.  Were you expecting him to abandon the people who got him elected?  That's a pretty unrealistic expectation.

Sure, he should push what he ran on, but not to the exclusion of reality.  For example, the GAO, a government agency, HIS government agency, has thrown up a red flag on spending, that it is unsustainable.

should he not heed this?  OR should he just ignore those pesky economists? These are not republicans, heck, not even conservatives.  This is his very own government telling him to cut spending.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Well said. We have become two americas:  Those who derive income from government, i.e. gov't employees, the less fortunate, those on social security and medicare/medicaid,

-AND-

Those who pay for it, i.e. the private sector.

That's the two americas, and the side draining the blood out of the country are winning.

File under:  Keep your government hands off my medicare and social security.

Your medicare and social security?  You do know that both programs are paid out on current revenue?  There is no trust fund or lock box with anything in it?

You do know that?  And I assume that you know the supreme court has stated flat-out the government owes you nothing based on what you paid in, that these programs are strickly at the discretion of government? So, they could cut the payout to zero, and not a thing you could do about it, it is not yours.

So, you think this is YOUR social security and medicare?  You got nothin.  Trying to help you out here, open your eyes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Cowrd!!

Brave Defender of Our Freedoms, Lord Tvoter!

So, you are admitting that you are just promoting a bunch of lies?  That's what I get out of your comment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Agreed. The Obama I've seen and heard over the past few weeks seems like he's had it with the GOP games.  Any olive branches extended by the GOP are simply about self preservation. They know they are on dangerous ground and have to push back from the edge of the cliff.

Don't get me wrong...the motive is meaningless to me as long as something...anything ..gets accomplished by Congress this term.

I'm for gridlock.  Anytime the government, and this includes Obama and the amorphous republicans, have done something, I've been less free, less safe, and have less money.

Gridlock is the answer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I'm for gridlock.  Anytime the government, and this includes Obama and the amorphous republicans, have done something, I've been less free, less safe, and have less money.

Gridlock is the answer.

and BOOM!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

Gridlock is the answer.

and BOOM!

So, you get it?  Government IS the problem.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Gridlock is the answer.

Well..at least that exlains why you are so firmly entrenched in your right wing ideology. 

Debate, disagreement and ultimately compromise are the answers and are at the heart of our representative democracy.

Gridlock is not the answer. Not when it paralyzes government and renders it ineffective.. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Gridlock is the answer.

Well..at least that exlains why you are so firmly entrenched in your right wing ideology. 

Debate, disagreement and ultimately compromise are the answers and are at the heart of our representative democracy.

Gridlock is not the answer. Not when it paralyzes government and renders it ineffective.. 

"Debate, disagreement and ultimately compromise are the answers and are at the heart of our representative democracy."

Tell that to Obama and the Democat senate as they refuse to do so.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Gridlock is the answer.

"Debate, disagreement and ultimately compromise are the answers and are at the heart of our representative democracy."

Congress shouldn't need Obama to play referee or hall monitor in order to get their job done. The President is supposed to be in charge of the Executive branch..not a babysitter for Congress.

I am no fan of Harry Reid..but the GOP controlled House has much bigger problems. Are you listening to the Benghazi hearings..? We could start a drinking game based on the number of times we hear the following statement " we are still waiting for the House to act".

I will give credit to Ryan..even though I disagree fundamentally with him on most things. At least he proposed a spending plan which is more than the Senate has done.

The House needs to spend less time on social issues and more time on the economy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Gridlock is the answer.

[/QUOTE]

So you are all for gridlock in theory except you blame the Democrats for the practice of it. Shouldn't you thank the Democrats for it instead?   Do you have any real positions at all?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Gridlock is the answer.

So you are all for gridlock in theory except you blame the Democrats for the practice of it. Shouldn't you thank the Democrats for it instead?   Do you have any real positions at all?

[/QUOTE]

The response was to mscricket's point, not on gridlock, but her claiming that those things are at the heart of democracy ( a fair assumption) yet the people she supports are rolling right past those conceopts with executive orders, czars, and refusing to do their jobs, like passing a budget.

In all seriousness, why do I want the government to be anything but in gridlock, unless they are going to start cutting spending?

Gridlock is preferable to the current trajectory.  That is a clarification to my point on gridlock.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

" we are still waiting for the House to act".

-------------------------

Think budget and the Senate.  We are talking years

I don't think the left knows that the house has passed several budgets, and that they have been dead-letter in the senate.

That's probably because they get all their news from MSNBC and Jon Stewart.