Congress locked down due to shooter situation

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Congress locked down due to shooter situation

Hopefully the shooter is neutalized quickly and without loss of innocent life.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Its not a lockdown, its a slimdown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Have to admit...I figured a shooting would be one area that someone wouldn't joke about. Guess I was wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

They lifted the lockdown, which suggests they have whoever it is.

There are 'injuries' reported, no fatalities.

Apparently some crazy tried ramming the WH gates, then fled towards the capitol and fired several shots.

Crazily enough, "Police officers in a high-speed chase pulled over a black car in front of one of the Senate office buildings, but witnesses said a person fled on foot with a gun visible. Witnesses said the police pulled a baby from the suspect’s car."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/04/us/gunfire-reported-outside-the-capitol.html?hp&_r=0

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/10/03/developing_us_capitol_in_lockdown_after_reports_of_shots_fired.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

dude... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Points for quick wit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Thank God the incident is over...

The over/under on when CNN blames the Tea Party: 15 minutes. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Have to admit...I figured a shooting would be one area that someone wouldn't joke about. Guess I was wrong.

Would politicking surprise you?

Tim Griffin (R): Gun shots outside the Capitol.  2:23 pm

Time Griffin (R): Stop the violent rhetoric President Boama, Chuck Shumer and Nancy Pelosi. #Disgusting.     2:24 pm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

And there

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Thank God the incident is over...

Was the tea party blamed for other shootings recently? We should be able to set aside politics when peoples lives are at risk. Just sayin

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Shocker...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

dude... 

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was humourous ... and in much better taste than the wingnuts.

[/QUOTE]

I tend to think it best to avoid joking about emergencies as they're actually happening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The report is it was a woman that was apparently armed and tried to ram the games at the WH then fired on police and raced towards the capital and tried to ram that gate, return fire killed her and they recovered a child uninjured for the back of her car.

How crazy is that?

Here is the report.

The incident reportedly began when an unidentified woman tried to drive through a barricade at the White House. She had a child in the back seat of her vehicle. The woman fled the area and ended up at the Capitol, where she reportedly tried to drive through another barricade.

Authorities opened fire on the vehicle, killing the woman, authorities say.

ABC News reports the child in the vehicle with the woman is unharmed.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/10/u-s-capitol-on-lockdown-94855.html#ixzz2ggs4lxyN

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
    âۥ Socrates

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

No doubt the woman will be found to have been driven to this by Republican obstruction. She was afraid she might have her food stamps taken away or some such nonsense. 

Maybe Obama can give another political speech like he did when there were shootings at the Navy Yard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

dude... 

I thought it was humourous ... and in much better taste than the wingnuts.

I tend to think it best to avoid joking about emergencies as they're actually happening.

Are you in charge here? Just askin'

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Time Griffin (R): Stop the violent rhetoric President Boama, Chuck Shumer and Nancy Pelosi. #Disgusting.     2:24 pm

You are the one disgustingl y"politicking" :

by wrongly assuming a Twitter message likely pre- packaged and previously scheduled to be sent at a certain time, means that Cong Griffin was referring to the current shooting !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

You are the one disgustingl y"politicking" :

by wrongly assuming a Twitter message likely pre- packaged and previously scheduled to be sent at a certain time, means that Cong Griffin was referring to the current shooting !!!

[/QUOTE]

Then why'd he "apologize" for it 45 minutes later?

"The shooting today is a terrible and inexcusable tragedy and an act of terroism. No one but the shooter is to blame. I tweeted out of emotion but agree that the timing was not helpful."

You are such swine. Unbelievable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Are you in charge here? Just askin'

Strange question.

I've disagreed with UserName9 before. I think he can handle it. I'm sure he thanks you for your concern and moral support....    

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

And how do you "pre-package" a tweet to be sent out at a certain time?

More importantly, why would you do that if it's about 'violent speech' you are complaining about....     ?  Why not send it out at the time of said speech?