Congressmen File Brief to Supreme Court to Keep Daily Prayers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Congressmen File Brief to Supreme Court to Keep Daily Prayers

Being in the same room with another person who is saying a prayer is not violating anyone's rights. If the reciting of said prayer were mandatory..then yes..I can see being upset...but it is not in this case.

Agreed. There is no reason to prevent the folks that want to pray or pledge to the flag the ability to do so if they are so inclined. Forcing someone to do so would be entirely different and I would completely support anyone who would stand against that.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I could care less if they pray ... just as long as they don't try to pass a bill to stone anyone who refuses to follow their supersitions

Y'know, I feel the exact same way about the GW believers...

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Your point? 

46&2,

I did not bury the lead.

If Galloway is upheld, then the practice of opening public meetings all across the U.S. with a prayer is in deep jeopardy, including in Congress. 

I've never understood why people who don't believe in god have a problem with prayer. If they don't believe in god, how are they harmed?

I've never understood why Christians wouldn'thave a problem with public prayer.

Some probably do.  I think it is way too easy, to decend into pharassitical (sp?) behavior. 

But, I don't think this is a symetrical argument.  I don't see how athiests are harmed.  If you don't believe in god, then your "belief" has to be that the prayer has no effect.  If the harm is the old chestnut of being offended, athiests should get over it.  Plenty of things to get offended over, but people trying to do something they percieve as good and harms no one is not one of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Being in the same room with another person who is saying a prayer is not violating anyone's rights. If the reciting of said prayer were mandatory..then yes..I can see being upset...but it is not in this case.

BINGO!

Sections
Shortcuts