Cops and their blatant disregard for the constitution.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Cops and their blatant disregard for the constitution.

First i wanna say that i respect the job that Police do, putting their lives on the line everyday to keep us safe. Most cops are very profesional in the way they conduct themselves and the way they go about putting away the bad guys. But having said that, I also wanna bring to light the way that(some) cops abuse there power. Recently i have gotten caught up watching videos on youtube of cops disregarding(law abiding) civilians constitutional rights. Example A is in this following video. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyYlRZAdPGk

After watching this video it's pretty obvious to me that this Cop arrested Chris moore only because Chris would not give up his helmet cam, He HIMSELF was not breaking any laws and was being harrassed soley because this cop was angry at some of his fellow motorcyclist. 

Second is a video of a marine in temple texas who is LEGALLY open carrying a firearm while on a 10 mile hike with his son. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3a7dQqyZI

In this video you can clearly hear this officer say that he is "Exempt from the law"... The officer was origionaly sent on this call because citizen's had called in concered about a man carrying an AR15 openly on his chest which is not a crime.

This third and final video is of a police officer illegally arresting a man for not showing his ID even though he was never suspected of committing a crime. Unless you are suspected of committing a crime you ARE NOT legally obligated to show ID. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ72nXU5kW4

This officer was eventually fired and relieved of her duties as a police officer. The thing that really bothers me about this video is her holier than thou additude towards the civilian. 

Id love to hear all of the opinions on this subject.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Cops and their blatant disregard for the constitution.

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Considering there is somewhere around 800,000 law enforcement officers in the US, I don't think that such a minute number of derelicts is an indictment of the profession.

There's always going to be some who can't measure up to the standard. It's a fact of life.

And the fact that these officers were disciplined/fired shows that when they do step over the line, and there's evidence to prove it, they pay the price.

Alot of the time they are not fired or even disciplined for their actions ACC. There is another video i was watching of a police officer who STRUCK a victim of a crime and was only put on two weeks leave and then was allowed to return to work. How fair is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIGIcg27-0g

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

First i wanna say that i respect the job that Police do, putting their lives on the line everyday to keep us safe. Most cops are very profesional in the way they conduct themselves and the way they go about putting away the bad guys. But having said that, I also wanna bring to light the way that(some) cops abuse there power. Recently i have gotten caught up watching videos on youtube of cops disregarding(law abiding) civilians constitutional rights. Example A is in this following video. 

After watching this video it's pretty obvious to me that this Cop arrested Chris moore only because Chris would not give up his helmet cam, He HIMSELF was not breaking any laws and was being harrassed soley because this cop was angry at some of his fellow motorcyclist. 

Second is a video of a marine in temple texas who is LEGALLY open carrying a firearm while on a 10 mile hike with his son. 

In this video you can clearly hear this officer say that he is "Exempt from the law"... The officer was origionaly sent on this call because citizen's had called in concered about a man carrying an AR15 openly on his chest which is not a crime.

This third and final video is of a police officer illegally arresting a man for not showing his ID even though he was never suspected of committing a crime. Unless you are suspected of committing a crime you ARE NOT legally obligated to show ID. 

This officer was eventually fired and relieved of her duties as a police officer. The thing that really bothers me about this video is her holier than thou additude towards the civilian. 

Wait till you get to the videos of cops beating the crap out of people.

Did you see the one of the shooting that was in the news? Cop got acquitted of everything, not even manslaughter.

They had three black kids sitting against the wall as they talked to them (harassed them) about something or other. One cop grabs on of the kids and throws him face down on the floor, putting his knee in his back. Another holds his arms. Third cop stands there looking on. All of a sudden the third cop draws his gun and fires into the kid's back.

Defense at trial: I thought it was a taser.

There's also a video from some subway police shooting a guy in the back, who was just lying on the ground handcuffed, face down.

Kid wasn't even moving when he pulled it out.

Ive already seen ALOT of these types of video. Ive seen one where 2 or 3 cops beat a man to death then they arrested the witnesses and confiscated there video of them beating said person to death. I think the thing that bothers me most about these video's is alot of people treat the police like they are the end all be all, that we have to listen to everything they say or we will end up in jail. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

couple years back here on miami beach the cops fired hundreds of rounds into the car of an unarmed man, killing him, and also hitting a few bistanders. there is video of cops running up to bystanders pointing their guns in their face and demanding they hand over their phones. they also went door to door of the apartment building they were outside of demanind everyone turn over their cell phones. 

last year 3 miami beach fire rescue officers and 2 police officers were caught transporting drugs for dealers and shaking down local establishments for $ in exchange for not implementing proper fire safety code.

before that an officer was photographed drinking with some tourists while on duty. later that night he took one of the women for a ride on his police ATV that they use on the beach and accidentally ran over a couple that were lying down on the beach. 

another miami deputy was recently charged with possesion of crack and his excuse was that his prostitute girlfriend's p.imp had set him up.

it goes on and on....

Another example of cops and their power drunk ways..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKzojYvXn20

A fireman is trying to save someones life and the Fire truck is parked where it is for a reason, the cop feels the need to exert his power and arrests the Fireman for not doing as HE says. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

All true but, there is also cases where  FBI agents are interviewing a guy suspected of knowing a terrorist or knowing a guy and knowing he was a terrorist that ends up shot and killed while unarmed.

corruption and crime; its not just police it's at every level and division of govt to some degree.

that is all

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

" Most cops are very profesional in the way they conduct themselves and the way they go about putting away the bad guys"

In my experience, that's far from true.

Few are very professional - in the sense of honorable, truthful and highly respectful of constitutional rights.

Few - but perhaps more - are truly corrupt. I'm talking bribes. I'm talking bust a drug dealer and report only 1/3 of the cash sezied. I'm talking bust a drug dealer and take some drugs home for the wife. I'm talking harassment, even framing.

Most - these are in the grey area. They may not be the brightest (see the article on the NY cops refusing to higher someone because their IQ was 104 - just about average - which they deemed too high; he might get bored on detail...), but they aren't necessarily bad people.  They routinely exceed the bounds of constitutional limits, knowingly or unknowingly, because they think they're doing the right thing. But because they do it that way, they inadvertantly fail to catch the real bad guy with frequency.

On top of this you have the prosecutorial apparatus that is sworn to "seek justice," but insteads seeks maximized conviction rates. A prosecutorial apparatus that overcharges in every case in an attempt to force the defendant to give up his constitutional right to trial by a jury on his peers. An apparatus that fails to disclose evidence the police turn over, engages in rampant misconduct at trial (because appellate decisions only reverse if it looks really really really bad), and on and on.

Bingo.

Cops are like women. Can't live with them. Can't live without them. 

When you are involved in an incident with police action, you can measure them. Personally, I think most of them are just blatant liars when in comes to police reports on criminal incidents. And who is going to question them? Only the defense attorney of someone that already is cast as a piece of shittake. And if the case is lost because of their conduct, do they suffer any consequences?? Most of the time - No.

It is hard to criticize people like cops who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us from the human excrement that wish to do us harm, or have to do us harm to get what they need. I am sure over time they get jaded when they see judges release thugs on technicalilties etc.  On the other hand, the justice system is not a truth seeking system. It is an adversorial system that encourages deceit, trickery and favors legalities and details over truth and justice. So in the end they are motivated to lie.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Considering there is somewhere around 800,000 law enforcement officers in the US, I don't think that such a minute number of derelicts is an indictment of the profession.

There's always going to be some who can't measure up to the standard. It's a fact of life.

And the fact that these officers were disciplined/fired shows that when they do step over the line, and there's evidence to prove it, they pay the price.

Says the guy who generalizes all day long when it comes to conservatives. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Like any profession you have your good and your bad. That's reality. There are MANY a55hole lawyers, yet that doesn't mean all or most are a55holes. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Best thing to do is record any interaction that you have with the police. You have a constitutional right to do so.

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

I am not about to click on your videos.  I do know that the BPD have been given courses on why not to obstruct the public from taking videos.  Smart cops from way back to the beginning of time, always assumed someone was watching when out in public.

Saying the above, once a cop tells you move along and you don't, you are obstructing justice and can be arrested.

If not able to produce an ID, you can be detained.  Putting the cuffs on someone and arresting them are two different things.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Funny how anecdotal evidence is suddenly acceptable

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm wondering why anyone is surprised that any government employee is showing a disregard for the constitution. If the constitution is a "living document" subject to the whims of the majority of the citizenry at any given time then it really not worth the paper that it was written on. Officials at all levels of government are distainful of any attempt to hold them to the letter of the constitution.

As a former speaker of the house once said in response to a question regarding the constitutionality of Obamacare: "Are you serious? Are you serious?"

“Are you serious? Are you serious?” “Are you serious? Are you serious?”

--

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I'm wondering why anyone is surprised that any government employee is showing a disregard for the constitution. If the constitution is a "living document" subject to the whims of the majority of the citizenry at any given time then it really not worth the paper that it was written on. Officials at all levels of government are distainful of any attempt to hold them to the letter of the constitution.

As a former speaker of the house once said in response to a question regarding the constitutionality of Obamacare: "Are you serious? Are you serious?"

“Are you serious? Are you serious?” “Are you serious? Are you serious?”

--

Gee, SB, I thought John McEnroe had the patent on that phrase. :)

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts