Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Re: Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats

I love the fact that people are claiming the Governor of Wisconsin doesn't know the economic state of affairs in Wisconsin.

I mean what does he know?

Bwahahahahaha

By the way, Ed Schultz on MSNBC acknowledged the economic problems they have, and it did not include a surplus. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Walking out during a question and answer session is very different than walking out in order to block a vote from occurring.

Nice try equating the two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Reuben, while union teachers have done a good job teaching our children, the unions have also done a good job bankrupting our state.  And every state for that matter.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Sound VERY legal to me..
    They want a vote.
    Why shouldn't they?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

In Response to Re: Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats : What a moron! I didn't see any charges brought against the unions during this either but because you're a raving wingnut you want to deny them Constitutional rights. Now you think you can predict the future? I think that your tinfoil hat isn't working.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

There you go again, throwing insults, next you'll be calling me a honkie or something else racial.

If this protest doesn't turn violent, then the next one will.  Oh, by the way, wasn't talking to you anyway.

If you read what I wrote, which you didn't, I said they have the right to protest, just like you and I.  Break a law, and there should be arrests, just like any other protest. 

What is unconstitutional about that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

[QUOTE]Reuben, while union teachers have done a good job teaching our children, the unions have also done a good job bankrupting our state.  And every state for that matter.
    Posted by whatnow4[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Wisconsin teachers, but the ones in Massachusetts have not done a good job teaching our children.

This is my opinion based on personal experience, I'm a father of two, both children went k-8th grade in public schools, then 9-12 in private schools, my choice, my money.  I could not get them out of the public system fast enough, and i'm paying 30k per year to send my second daughter to private school.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]So basically, Damian shows the Republicans are FOS as is the implication of the thread's originator....  ....Bobin and Newtster completely dodge that so they can rant on about Democrats and Unions. So typical.
    Posted by WhatIsItNow[/QUOTE]

Huh?  He cherry-picks some thins he doesn't want and we are supposed to give this money to these thugs?  What for?  to keep them from rioting?

Look, it is simple:  no one is entitled to a job.  If for any reason, lack of money to lack of need, someone can be let go, cut back, what ever.  Public or private.

The day we HAVE to pay these union thugs just because they demand it is the day we cease to be in control of our government.

Truth is, unions have long gone beyond helping the people and are not just thugs and theives.  They talk in terms of powe: power over you and me.

We have reached the point where we are a two class society:  Those who work for government, and those who pay for it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats : What a moron! I didn't see any charges brought against the unions during this either but because you're a raving wingnut you want to deny them Constitutional rights. Now you think you can predict the future? I think that your tinfoil hat isn't working.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

consitutional rghts?  you have a constitutional right to be a government worker?  To get paid what ever you want?  All deals are forever?

Wow. Are you a party or union hack or what?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

On Wisconsin!

UW-Madison is my alma-mater!

Go Dems!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

FYI-

Matthews just went over the surplus thing,

And, it is a lie.  They are in big debt.  The surplus was a lie created by the left.

Watch Matthews tonight, first story.  Rerun at 7 pm. 

The Dem gets caught twice lying.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]"bargaining rights it would be very difficult to keep people in the profession.  And there are already ways to get rid of the incompetents: pressure administration, it's their job, not the union's." Couldnt have said it better, Reuben. The union could care less about the children and education; their job is to extort money and power from craven politicians, whose vote they purchase through coerced union dues...
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

Don't be absurd.  That would be like saying the administration cares nothing about children and are only intent on crushing unions.  It is called collective bargaining for a reason: both sides work together to get the best environment for all concerned.  And BOTH sides are there because they care for children.  But you understand none of this because your political blinders are on so tight the flow of blood to your brain has stopped.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=040f4619d0511a6537e233c49302c0fd&plckUserId=040f4619d0511a6537e233c49302c0fd " target="_parent" /> Reubenhop   condesending as usual. Yawnnnnnnnn
    Posted by RevWright[/QUOTE]

Per usual you have no contribution of any value to offer.  Don't you want to at least mock people who do more for others in a day than you have done in a lifetime?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]Reuben, while union teachers have done a good job teaching our children, the unions have also done a good job bankrupting our state.  And every state for that matter.

Nonsense.  Collective bargaining requires two sides to reach an agreement.  If it is a bad deal, then blame the administration for not doing a better job in holding the line.  Teachers cannot even strike.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats : Reubenhop - did it ever occur to you that most people that have spent 16  or more years of their lives in school might now something of it? And did it occur to you they might gain even more experience when they have children that also go to school? The people in this mess that lack experience from the opposite perspective are the teachers who know nothing of what it is like to survive in the private sector, that think they have some monopoly on being victims  of politics. The facts are the teacher unions do protect the mediocre and the incompetent. What more do you need to see as proof other than the protests in Wisconsin when they are called to account? What more do you need to see in Idaho when adminstrators are ATTACKED when they suggest that teachers be rated and paid according to merit? I suppose that because we are light years behind other developed in areas like math, science and engineering that is because we haven't given the teachers and public schools enough money yet, eh? Why do I get the feeling that if  you are a lawyer you are a public defender making a living off the taxpayer?
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

You speak too quickly.  I maintained my own business in the private sector and was pretty successful at it.  I chose the teaching profession not out of economic necessity, but out of personal choice.  I also have kids who are or were in the public school system.  So I have seen all sides of the equation.

Of course, unions protect their own.  That is what you pay your dues for.  That is part of the dynamic of administration and teachers.  But it is up to the district to do the job of weeding out incompetents.  They are there, I see them, and I see some get pushed out.  More should go, but it is not my job (unless it directly impacts my kid).  I am there to teach.

The Wisconsin proposals look to gut the protections that make teaching a viable profession.  People are going to lash out when they see their futures threatened.  And the issue is far more about politics (hence all the talk of "evil" unions) than economics.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats : You speak too quickly.  I maintained my own business in the private sector and was pretty successful at it.  I chose the teaching profession not out of economic necessity, but out of personal choice.  I also have kids who are or were in the public school system.  So I have seen all sides of the equation. Of course, unions protect their own.  That is what you pay your dues for.  That is part of the dynamic of administration and teachers.  But it is up to the district to do the job of weeding out incompetents.  They are there, I see them, and I see some get pushed out.  More should go, but it is not my job (unless it directly impacts my kid).  I am there to teach. The Wisconsin proposals look to gut the protections that make teaching a viable profession.  People are going to lash out when they see their futures threatened.  And the issue is far more about politics (hence all the talk of "evil" unions) than economics.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Glad you are giving back.  however, unions and the public sector are at odds on purpose.  your job is one of service.  It doesn't mean that you should be treated unfairly, but come on, you are not entitled to serve (i.e. be employed) at any cost to the taxpayer.  we have reached a limit as to what can be spent, and jobs, programs are going to have to go, even some that are actually worthwhile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats : Glad you are giving back.  however, unions and the public sector are at odds on purpose.  your job is one of service.  It doesn't mean that you should be treated unfairly, but come on, you are not entitled to serve (i.e. be employed) at any cost to the taxpayer.  we have reached a limit as to what can be spent, and jobs, programs are going to have to go, even some that are actually worthwhile.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Not saying that anybody is entitled to serve at any cost.  I know we are in economic difficulties.  I know there may have to be cut backs (I live in the town I teach in).  But these things can be negotiated and resolved between the parties involved without unnecessary conflict or potential damage to the profession and the schools.  Think of that!  People working together to resolve issues.  And yes, it happens all the time: it just does not make headlines.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Reuben,

You need to expand your horizons.  You are being fed news from groups that have agendas.

Did you see the Gov talk?  Have you listened to anyone other than a dem explain the situation?

I found it very funny watching Ed Schultz change his entire argument last night after the surplus was proven to be BS, and the rationale for eliminating collective bargaining groups was explained.

He had to fall back on. . . "but, but, but he cut corporate taxes just this year".

In order for this budget to work, local public employees HAVE to accept the increase in pension and healthcare costs.

Because they have refused (and even refused to come to the table), the only way to make them take the increase is by removing CB's.

Say what you want but what the Dems did in that State is awful, hence the 3.6 billion dollar shortfall.  And it is comical to hear them float lie upon lie, and get called out on it.  No, there is no surplus, despite what the Huff Post says.  And yes, all public employees are FORCED to join the union.

They owe the State of MN $50,000,000 for unpaid taxes.  MN is demanding that money daily.  THEY DON'T HAVE IT.

FINALLY RUEBEN,  what do you teach?  It better be law, because you have claimed on multiple occasions that you were a practicing lawyer.  Things that make you say hmmmmmmm.  I CALL BS!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats : Not saying that anybody is entitled to serve at any cost.  I know we are in economic difficulties.  I know there may have to be cut backs (I live in the town I teach in).  But these things can be negotiated and resolved between the parties involved without unnecessary conflict or potential damage to the profession and the schools.  Think of that!  People working together to resolve issues.  And yes, it happens all the time: it just does not make headlines.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

The unions have apparently given their answer to your suggestion. This is why I think unions for any government employee, federal or local, needs to be outlawed.    I nthe very least they need to be fired for an illegal work walkout.  I refuse to let public employees say out of one side of their mouths that they are "willing servants", and out the other side," pay up or else!"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

I am doing this right arent i.

A scorecard separating fact from fiction

Says under his budget-repair bill, "collective bargaining is fully intact."

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s move to limit collective bargaining rights has led to "riots" at the Capitol -- "It's like Cairo has moved to Madison these days."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

beKool , you left out JUST ONE of these politifact quotes....hmmm wonder why?  

Rachel Maddow:
    "Despite what you may have heard about Wisconsin’s finances, the state is on track to have a budget surplus this year."

Rated FALSE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]Reuben, You need to expand your horizons.  You are being fed news from groups that have agendas. Did you see the Gov talk?  Have you listened to anyone other than a dem explain the situation? I found it very funny watching Ed Schultz change his entire argument last night after the surplus was proven to be BS, and the rationale for eliminating collective bargaining groups was explained. He had to fall back on. . . "but, but, but he cut corporate taxes just this year". In order for this budget to work, local public employees HAVE to accept the increase in pension and healthcare costs. Because they have refused (and even refused to come to the table), the only way to make them take the increase is by removing CB's. Say what you want but what the Dems did in that State is awful, hence the 3.6 billion dollar shortfall.  And it is comical to hear them float lie upon lie, and get called out on it.  No, there is no surplus, despite what the Huff Post says.  And yes, all public employees are FORCED to join the union. They owe the State of MN $50,000,000 for unpaid taxes.  MN is demanding that money daily.  THEY DON'T HAVE IT. FINALLY RUEBEN,  what do you teach?  It better be law, because you have claimed on multiple occasions that you were a practicing lawyer.  Things that make you say hmmmmmmm.  I CALL BS!!!!

I am not currently a practicing attorney as I teach full time, but I am still a member of the bar.  So lay off that issue. Have you done anything beneficial with your life?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crybaby Wisconsin Democrats : The unions have apparently given their answer to your suggestion. This is why I think unions for any government employee, federal or local, needs to be outlawed.    I nthe very least they need to be fired for an illegal work walkout.  I refuse to let public employees say out of one side of their mouths that they are "willing servants", and out the other side," pay up or else!"
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Well I am not surprised you want to outlaw unions.  You are on record as being against public education so it all makes sense.  Let's get back to the good old days of the 1820s.