CT elemetary school shooting; praying all my BDC friends and family are ok!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: CT elemetary school shooting; praying all my BDC friends and family are ok!

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

Mark your calendars. 20 innocent kids died today because the NRA thought it was more important to protect a mentally unstable person's right to own assualt weapons, then to protect the lives of innocent children.

In a country where there are more restrictions placed on voting then on owning assault rifles, we have sadly lost our way.

Sadly, you have lost your way If you think voting is more restricted than gun ownership.  Or, that your comment is even approprriate on such a tragic day.  Give it a rest.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

At some point as country we need to recognize the fact that restrictions on guns are a small price to pay for the safety of our children.

No right is absolute and the obstinate and inane arguments by the NRA are wearing thin.

We have to realize that the human psyche is too complex to be able to predict who will commit such gruesome acts of violence or when they will occur. We have to act on those elements we can control, the weapons, which make mass murder all too easy.

As a gun owner I'd be more than willing to sacrifice my guns if it meant I would never again have to read about 20 innocent children dying needlessly.

Clearly people with a history of mental illness should not be allowed near guns.  I think we will likely find out that mental illness is involved.  What I don't understand is how restricting legal gun ownership further solves anything.  I am not trying to be "NRA" about this, but clearly the problem is with the human at the other end of the gun, not the gun itself. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

Clearly people with a history of mental illness should not be allowed near guns.  I think we will likely find out that mental illness is involved.  What I don't understand is how restricting legal gun ownership further solves anything.  I am not trying to be "NRA" about this, but clearly the problem is with the human at the other end of the gun, not the gun itself. 

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Crazy person without gun: dangerous.  Crazy person with gun: deadly.  That was easy.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

Mark your calendars. 20 innocent kids died today because the NRA thought it was more important to protect a mentally unstable person's right to own assualt weapons, then to protect the lives of innocent children.

In a country where there are more restrictions placed on voting then on owning assault rifles, we have sadly lost our way.

Great post. The NRA wants to have everyone, including 2nd graders, armed to the teeth. It's their republican utopia.

I'll bet that when they check the shooter's car, the radio station was set to a rightwing hate radio talk show. On his computer, they will find that he was visiting the Drudge web site. His TV was probably on Fox News.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

I am not trying to be "NRA" about this, but clearly the problem is with the human at the other end of the gun, not the gun itself.

The more guns there are and the more freely they can be obtained, the more wrong "human[s] at the other end of the gun" there will be.

This is not difficult.

Clearly, you edited out the first part of my comment to make a more general, slamming, and inaccurate statement. I'm not going to play your childish game of using a tragedy to further your unhinged agenda.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

I am not trying to be "NRA" about this, but clearly the problem is with the human at the other end of the gun, not the gun itself.

The more guns there are and the more freely they can be obtained, the more wrong "human[s] at the other end of the gun" there will be.

This is not difficult.

Clearly, you edited out the first part of my comment to make a more general, slamming, and inaccurate statement. I'm not going to play your childish game of using a tragedy to further your unhinged agenda.

And you will have no further comments on Benghazi either...

Face it: tragedies focus our attention to particular problems so we can perhaps stop them from recurring.  You just don't like it when things you support are subject to this kind of scrutiny.  And THAT is childish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

There are days.... when this world we live in really sucks!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to kelldog1's comment:

There are days.... when this world we live in really sucks!!

I agree with your sentiment .......... but now it is the time to rally around the folks of Newtown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

We have in the past placed severe restrictions and have even outlawed certain weapons.

The Nat'l Firearms act outlawed machine guns/automatic weapons except with a very restrictive federal permit.

We could have the same type of permitting for all weapons.

Well, most of the defensive uses people think they have for gund invovle fantastical situations.  Here, we have a situation where guns in the hands of ordinary citizens, like the teaches, may have led to a different outcome.  Therefore, I favor less restricitons, not more.  Restrictions did not have any meningful role in this tragedy, unless you disarm everyone.  then creeps like this will juszt move to other sources.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter shut up !

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

Well, most of the defensive uses people think they have for gund invovle fantastical situations.  Here, we have a situation where guns in the hands of ordinary citizens, like the teaches, may have led to a different outcome.  Therefore, I favor less restricitons, not more.  Restrictions did not have any meningful role in this tragedy, unless you disarm everyone.  then creeps like this will juszt move to other sources.

You're a fvcking moron.

So the teacher has a handgun and the attacker brings a high-powered rifle...then what?

You freakin morons have no concept of reality.

This isn't some whacko wingnut bullshiat alternate reality, 20 kids are dead.

So now teachers have to posses handguns to teach?

You fvcking wingnuts are ideological imbeciles.

Any rights in the Constitutuion are not absolute and when the right to have weapons on every street corner trumps the right of a second grader to feel safe in his school without armed guards then you fvcking cowards have lost your pathetic minds.

By implementing the practice of love and compassion, we will naturally live a non-violent way of life.- Dalai Lama

Let's face it, the liberal life style is anything but non-violent.  just look at the comments.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

This is not difficult.

And you will have no further comments on Benghazi either...

Face it: tragedies focus our attention to particular problems so we can perhaps stop them from recurring.  You just don't like it when things you support are subject to this kind of scrutiny.  And THAT is childish.

Bengazi?  this has something to do with Bengazi?  Are you having trouble focusing?  Well, that aside, as clearly as you can, tell us:

What is the lesson you get from this tragedy?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

By implementing the practice of love and compassion, we will naturally live a non-violent way of life.- Dalai Lama

[/QUOTE]

Let's face it, the liberal life style is anything but non-violent.  just look at the comments.

[/QUOTE]

Comments are violent?  How about policies that condone violence.  Isn't that much more dangerous?  We lost 10,000 people to guns last year.  Britain lost 8. And as if conservatives don't engage in violent imagery...  try posting a liberal idea on a Tea Party blog.  Watch as you are insulted and even threatened with harm.  You get off easy here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

Bengazi?  this has something to do with Bengazi?  Are you having trouble focusing?  Well, that aside, as clearly as you can, tell us:

[/QUOTE]

Your stunted brain cannot comprehend making comparisons.  You rant endlessly about the Benghazi tragedy, but liberals must avoid discussing the Newtown tragedy. You want justice for one, but not for the other. Why?  Because one pushes your ideological agenda and the other does not.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Comments are violent?  How about policies that condone violence.  Isn't that much more dangerous?  We lost 10,000 people to guns last year.  Britain lost 8. And as if conservatives don't engage in violent imagery...  try posting a liberal idea on a Tea Party blog.  Watch as you are insulted and even threatened with harm.  You get off easy here.

How many lost to drugs  that other liberal/legalization totem.You seriously don't see the connection between the hate and anger spilling out from the liberals in their posts and their actions?  Do you hold to the same standard for angry conservatives?

BTW:  TEA party violence never materialized.  Occupy violence everywhere.  Face it, the left has a violent agenda, infact, DEPENDS on it, as their ideas do not sell to sane people, (i.e. gotta get a little bloody sometimes), this truth is simply not accepted by people like you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Your stunted brain cannot comprehend making comaprisons.  You rant endlessly about the Benghazi tragedy, but liberals must avoid discussing the Newtown tragedy. You want justice for one, but not for the other. Why?  Because one pushes your ideological agenda and the other does not.  

• Yet another dodge from the central question.  I know you don't want to answer it, as it is much easier to heap your abuse upon my head.  Typical liberal version of justification:  find someone else to blame.  So, I repeat:

What lesson did you learn from this tragedy?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How many lost to drugs  that other liberal/legalization totem.You seriously don't see the connection between the hate and anger spilling out from the liberals in their posts and their actions?  Do you hold to the same standard for angry conservatives?

BTW:  TEA party violence never materialized.  Occupy violence everywhere.  Face it, the left has a violent agenda, infact, DEPENDS on it, as their ideas do not sell to sane people, (i.e. gotta get a little bloody sometimes), this truth is simply not accepted by people like you.

[/QUOTE]

There is much, much more hate coming from the conservative ranks.  "Gays are a cancer."  That's hateful.  "Hitler is a liberal (so liberals are Nazis)."  That's hateful.  "The word "love" appears no where in the Koran." That's hateful.  And that is just you. Many conservatives routinely question the patriotism of liberals and yes, they use threatening language in this regard.  They even question if the president is an American and whether he is part of that "suspect faith" of Islam.  That's hateful.  Maintaining assault weapons in our society is an actual conservative policy that produces horrific violence.  That's real violence for no good purpose. That's the truth.  You just can't handle it.

• Sections
    Shortcuts