D.C. snowstorm scrubs global-warming hearing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Just too funny.

By ERICA MARTINSON | 3/5/13 7:36 PM EST Updated: 3/6/13 10:38 AM EST

The snowquester has claimed yet another casualty: Wednesday's House hearing on global warming.

The House Science, Space and Technology Committee announced early Wednesday that it's postponing its environmental subcommittee's scheduled 10 a.m. hearing on the state of the science behind climate change. As a reason, it cited "weather."

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: D.C. snowstorm scrubs global-warming hearing

Actually a little ice or snow in Atlanta is like the apocolypse.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

I plan ahead here in the greater DC area. No need to rely on weather.com.

If there is a "climate change" aka "global warming" protest or event, severe cold or a snowstorm is coming.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Driving from Baltimore to DC.  HALF an inch of snow, they only plowed the first 3 lanes of the beltway.  Gridlock.  But no one would go into that unplowed left lane.  But me.  The look of horror on the faces of 3 lanes of stopped traffic was amazing.  I got to DC a half hour early!

But the government was closed.

As was Reagan National.

I called the Marriot Gateway, as a regular, you are all set Greg.  Badda bing.  Now the people are screaming at the US Air guy saying, "put me on Delta!"  Sure, but ya see lady, US Air isn't closed, the AIRPORT is.

I had a nice dinner while these idiots were running to AMTRAK, and I beat them all to Boston.

Amazing

Southern drivers and snow, a dangerous combination, believe me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

No, you're amazing. Were you wearing your superman underwear the whole time?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Greg, the snow covered  left lane on the Beltway may have been the HOV lane, that is why few cars would use it, you have to have a passenger aboard. Maybe they were looking at you hoping you would get a ticket !!

There are now also what are called HOT lanes, a new 2 lane addition all around the Beltway. You can use it if you have a transponder.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Greg, the left lane on the Beltway may have been the HOV lane, that is why few cars would use it, you have to have a passenger aboard. Maybe they were looking at you hoping you would get a ticket !!

There are now also what are called HOT lanes, a new 2 lane addition all around the Beltway. You can use it if you have a transponder.

This was long before HOV was a thought, mate.

Sorry, I thought your report was in "real time" from today's storm !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

No, you're amazing. Were you wearing your superman underwear the whole time?

Ah, you're a clueless DC driver.  Thanks

Woosh

Maybe the super republican morman underwear.

Hey, as long as you win, that's all that matters.

Must be libruls in the slow lanes, eh? You do know the beltway is knotted up tighter than a conservatives underpants most of the day, doncha?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

California is big into ticketing for jay walking. They were probably waiting to see if you got bagged first. When it didn't happen....all clear.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

funny how liberals believe in global warming, think Bush is still President and that Iran isn't developing a nuclear bomb with dangerous intentions but don't think our national debt is real or that unemployment is a problem.