Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Dear liberal, admit Harry Reid lied through the wrong cheeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

Dear liberal, admit Harry Reid lied through the wrong cheeks

http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure/letter-from-pwc

Signed and notarized.

You smell bad Harry

Step up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Re: Dear liberal, admit Harry Reid lied through the wrong cheeks

Amazing how wingnuts just 'know' things without actually seeing those things with their own eyes.

Oh ya, they're the party of "faith".

Halleluja, have a little faith in the flip/flopper Mittens.

"Ya'll actually want to see the proof?" That's heresy!!!

I'll wait until I actually see Mittens tax returns myself before pasing judgement.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

Amazing how wingnuts just 'know' things without actually seeing those things with their own eyes.

I'll wait until I actually see Mittens tax returns myself before pasing judgement.

Ah... the confirmed hypocrit.  You railed against the birthers who wanted to see the real birth certificate, now you continue to rail over tax returns, you're just a conspiracy tax rater.

BTW the birth question actually is at least a legitimate question as you have to be a citizen to be POTUS, the tax rate question is just being nosey and petty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Ah... the confirmed hypocrit.  You railed against the birthers who wanted to see the real birth certificate, now you continue to rail over tax returns, you're just a conspiracy tax rater. BTW the birth question actually is at least a legitimate question as you have to be a citizen to be POTUS, the tax rate question is just being nosey and petty.

Seriously?

Are you that much of a fvcking moron?

Hey numbnuts, I didn't question whether he filed tax returns or broke the law.

I just want to see where he hides his money from taxes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

Hey numbnuts, I didn't question whether he filed tax returns or broke the law.

---------------------------

Harry Reid did.

duh!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

Ah... the confirmed hypocrit.  You railed against the birthers who wanted to see the real birth certificate, now you continue to rail over tax returns, you're just a conspiracy tax rater.

BTW the birth question actually is at least a legitimate question as you have to be a citizen to be POTUS, the tax rate question is just being nosey and petty.

And you would have been satisfied with a note from Obama's doctor in lieu of the birth certificate?

If a guy's tax plan is to close loop-holes for the rich, it might be a good idea to get a look at his tax returns.  John McCain was born in Panama - you think 30% of Dems would have been screaming for his birth certificate?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

John McCain was born on a US Naval base in a US Territory.

Also known as The United States of America.

And I never questioned Bambi's birth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

John McCain was born on a US Naval base in a US Territory.

Also known as The United States of America.

And I never questioned Bambi's birth.

The constitutional requirement says "natural born".  But if he was the duly elected President of the United States, you would have to be pretty petty and foolish to try to make an issue on semantics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

US Naval Base in US Territory.  No issue at all.  If you were born at GITMO, you're good too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

And all aside, Harry Reid lied on the Senate floor in order to influence an election in the wrong branch.

Scum

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Harry Reid did. duh! John McCain was born on a US Naval base in a US Territory. Also known as The United States of America. And I never questioned Bambi's birth.

Geepers you freakin wingnuts are ridiculous.

Ya got gregin here babbling bullshiat about Reid and he expects all Dems to have to agree and/or defend.

But out of his rectum he conveniently disavows all the whacko wingnut birthers in Congress and elsewhere.

Heck, with a double standard like that no wonder you idiots keep telling yourselves you're 'winning' ....in a Charlie Sheen kinda of way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

I do not disavow the birthers, I ignore them.

Harry lied, and you're mum.

No surprise

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

I do not disavow the birthers, I ignore them.

Harry lied, and you're mum.

No surprise

Close to 40% 0f the G.O.P. are birthers and you are mum.  But one Democrat says or does something stupid and you repeat it endlessly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

I am not, and have not been mum.  I have called them everything from petty to ridiculous hundreds of times.

Good bid though.

Well...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

I do not disavow the birthers, I ignore them. Harry lied, and you're mum. No surprise

Hey barbie, apparently you choose to lie about my position.

I have repeatedly said that I will withhold judgement until ALL the facts are in.

That includes Mittens tax returns.

I have never made any comment on whether I believe Reid or not. I ignore him, he's not my senator. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

Yea, an unnamed "Bain Investor" told him.  I'm sure there are lots of investors that know all about the CEO's taxes.

I got this bridge for sale...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Yea, an unnamed "Bain Investor" told him.  I'm sure there are lots of investors that know all about the CEO's taxes. I got this bridge for sale...

Seriously?

Mittens is running around the country telling eveyone that he will lower taxes, increase spending and lower the deficit... an ice cream diet without gaining weight... ya just have to elect him to find out how he does the magic trick...and not only do you buy that bridge, heck you're trying to sell the same bridge to everyone else.

You'd have a bit of credibility if you weren't so gullible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Even the accountant's summary brings up questions.  Romney never paid lower than a 14% tax rate, but contributed as much as 45% of his income to charity in some years?  How is that possible, if his 2011 charitable contributions, if fully declared, would have brought his tax rate to just over 10%?

What if Romney declared an income of $50K for 10 straight years?  Would Reid be more right or wrong?

FWIW, I don't like seeing blatant baseless mud-slinging, but Reid's comment came a day after the Romney campaign released an attack based on the "You didn't build that" farce, so it's hard to muster much sympathy for low blows.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

A candidate making promises.  Wow!

vs the Senate Majority Leader lying about a candidate on the senate floor.

Yea, same thing.  Really

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

A candidate making promises.  Wow! vs the Senate Majority Leader lying about a candidate on the senate floor. Yea, same thing.  Really

Riiiight....

Newsflash spanky, if someone makes a 'promise' and then refuses to provide any details when asked, even with publically available data contradicting it, then it ain't just a promise anymore, it's intentional deception....it's a lie.

Reid's comments are his business and though they are improbable, are not impossible. Either way I could care less.

I could care less about how much Mittens paid in taxes. I want to know how he got to that tax rate and what offshore accounts and shell companies he used to avoid taxes and for how long. If these tax dodges are so good, then I might want to emulate them.

I'm concerned with the integrity of a candidate who already pays a lower tax rate than me, lying about his tax plan. If his tax policy is achievable then tell me what the numbers are.

Otherwise he just outright lying.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

"Newsflash spanky, if someone makes a 'promise' and then refuses to provide any details when asked, even with publically available data contradicting it, then it ain't just a promise anymore, it's intentional deception....it's a lie."

It is not a lie. Romney's tax plan is to simplify the tax code, taking away many of these unfair special deductions and exemptions and the incredible complexity of the IRS Code. You know, the same deductions and exemptions you rant about (you rant about a lot of things, true enough). Cut the tax rates, and lose complex deductions and exemptions. That will allow the private sector economy to do better, with simplified taxes. The wealthy will pay the same basic amount, with simplified tax rates they can't avoid with exemptions and tax shelters..

"Publically available data contradicting it"? You mean the partisan hacks at the Tax Policy Center just totally inventing tax increases for the middle class not in the Romney tax plan? Romney's plan is not a 5 trillion tax cut for the rich, or a tax increase for the middle class. Romney said he will not detail which deductions and exemptions will be done away with. That is for negotiation. The outline of his plan is clear enough. It is a good idea.

The Obama tax plan? There isnt one, just the usual demagogue class warfare lies... If the Romney plan's lack of specifics is a "lie" , the entire ObamaCare law is a "lie", because ObamaCare lacks details, it leaves thousands of critical details for later determination by unelected bureacrats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:

It is not a lie. Romney's tax plan is to simplify the tax code, taking away many of these unfair special deductions and exemptions and the incredible complexity of the IRS Code. You know, the same deductions and exemptions you rant about (you rant about a lot of things, true enough). Cut the tax rates, and lose complex deductions and exemptions. That will allow the private sector economy to do better, with simplified taxes. The wealthy will pay the same basic amount, with simplified tax rates they can't avoid with exemptions and tax shelters.."Publically available data contradicting it"? You mean the partisan hacks at the Tax Policy Center just totally inventing tax increases for the middle class not in the Romney tax plan? Romney's plan is not a 5 trillion tax cut for the rich, or a tax increase for the middle class. Romney said he will not detail which deductions and exemptions will be done away with. That is for negotiation. The outline of his plan is clear enough. It is a good idea. The Obama tax plan? There isnt one, just the usual demagogue class warfare lies... If the Romney plan's lack of specifics is a "lie" , the entire ObamaCare law is a "lie", because ObamaCare lacks details, it leaves thousands of critical details for later determination by unelected bureacrats.

Hey numbnuts, stop regurgitating whacko wingnut echo chamber marching orders.

Mittens entire tax policy is bullsh!t;

This idiot says he will increase military spending and reduce the deficit all while cutting everyone's taxes 20%, cutting corporate taxes 25%, eliminating death tax, repealing the AMT etc., etc., etc.

Apparently he can put America on an ice cream diet and no one will gain an ounce of fat.

Well spanky, there ain't enough loopholes to close at the top of the tax tables to make up the lost revenue.

IT'S MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!  IT'S A FVCKING LIE!!!

The Tax Policy Center made the mistake of taking Mittens at his word and only showed how far down the tax ladder those loopholes would have to go to be revenue neutral.

Ya, blame the TPC for doing the math that you freakin morons refuse to believe. 

Hey spanky, everyone wants simpler taxes.

But most of us do not live in your fantasyland and unlike you, we don't like Mittens peeing on our shoes and telling us it's trickle down economics. It's bullcrap.

If his tax policy is feasible then show the math.

Mittens plan is upposed to simplify the tax code so it should simplify the explanation as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:

"Newsflash spanky, if someone makes a 'promise' and then refuses to provide any details when asked, even with publically available data contradicting it, then it ain't just a promise anymore, it's intentional deception....it's a lie."

It is not a lie. Romney's tax plan is to simplify the tax code, taking away many of these unfair special deductions and exemptions and the incredible complexity of the IRS Code. You know, the same deductions and exemptions you rant about (you rant about a lot of things, true enough). Cut the tax rates, and lose complex deductions and exemptions. That will allow the private sector economy to do better, with simplified taxes. The wealthy will pay the same basic amount, with simplified tax rates they can't avoid with exemptions and tax shelters..

"Publically available data contradicting it"? You mean the partisan hacks at the Tax Policy Center just totally inventing tax increases for the middle class not in the Romney tax plan? Romney's plan is not a 5 trillion tax cut for the rich, or a tax increase for the middle class. Romney said he will not detail which deductions and exemptions will be done away with. That is for negotiation. The outline of his plan is clear enough. It is a good idea.

The Obama tax plan? There isnt one, just the usual demagogue class warfare lies... If the Romney plan's lack of specifics is a "lie" , the entire ObamaCare law is a "lie", because ObamaCare lacks details, it leaves thousands of critical details for later determination by unelected bureacrats.

Of course Mr.950 page tax return wants to simplify the tax code.  if he can reduce his tax return to 425 pages, mst imagine hw mouth he'll save.

and he didn't say his 20% tax cut would be completely off set by closing loopholes.  He said they'd be paid for by closing loopholes AND increases in tax revene from the resulting growth in the economy.  his tax cut will increase the deficit in the short term and he has no plan to reduce the current deficit.

why do I get the sense that the "loophole" that gets closed is the mortgage interest deduction.

Romney is going to give a tax cut to the wealthy and the rest of us will have tax increase.  By the way, that's known as a redistribution of income from the middle class to the wealthy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

In response to jmel's comment:

"increase spending"?   Is that more selective linking for you FREAK?

Hey ya racist piece of crap, how's it going...

Still into the wingnut self-satisfaction of blowing yourself?

Your psychological projection is soooo transparent and sad.

But hey, at least you have a few more weeks of being a bigoted racist piece of crap...and then after the election 4 more years of spewing more of your racist bullsh!t.

Something to look forward to.

Sections
Shortcuts