Defending my moderate conservative views.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

Re: Defending my moderate conservative views.

Seek another breakfast joint.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Nice that you gave him a ride, and though some might view it as enabling.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds a little like the guy has some mental issues which are somehow limiting his viability in the workforce.  Not an excuse, just an impression based on your anecdote.

I'll also submit that for every man like you referenced, there are similar, rural instances of too many mouths to feed and not enough motivation to do the work necessary to feed them.

And what, exactly, makes him a liberal?  His views or yours?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

ccfaulk ,
    check out today's column by George Will, right on target with what you are saying....the modern view of free will vs "addictions" and "illness".

Laziness and ripping off the system is  a "mental issue which limits viability in the workforce" .

Progressives say you, cc,  must lack "compassion" not to mention being judgmental,  or racist or something ...
     http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/05/AR2011010503855.html

"Skepticism about free will has, however, become convenient and soothing, because exculpatory behaviors once considered signs of bad character have been drained of moral taint by being medicalized as "addictions." When a political operative went five years without filing income tax returns, his lawyer explained this as "non-filer syndrome." Akst wonders: "Isn't it possible we are confusing human diversity with disease?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Defending my moderate conservative views.:
    [QUOTE]ccfaulk , check out today's column by George Will, right on target with what you are saying....the modern view of free will vs "addictions" and "illness". Laziness and ripping off the system is  a "mental issue which limits viability in the workforce" . Progressives say you, cc,  must lack "compassion" not to mention being judgmental,  or racist or something ...   http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/05/AR2011010503855.html "Skepticism about free will has, however, become convenient and soothing, because exculpatory behaviors once considered signs of bad character have been drained of moral taint by being medicalized as "addictions." When a political operative went five years without filing income tax returns, his lawyer explained this as "non-filer syndrome." Akst wonders: "Isn't it possible we are confusing human diversity with disease?"
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

Is that "diversity" your excuse for being such a slimy dou(c)hebag, bobin...as opposed to your clear signs of cognitive degeneracy?

I was talking to cc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WIIN12AM. Show WIIN12AM's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defending my moderate conservative views. : Is that "diversity" your excuse for being such a slimy dou(c)hebag, bobin...as opposed to your clear signs of cognitive degeneracy? I was talking to cc.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

I was talking to cc

As was Bobinva.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Maybe the guy was mentally ill.  I have a friend whose soon to be ex-wife is crazy.  Not crazy enough to get locked up, at least not yet.  But too crazy to keep a job.  I'm serious.  She's nuts.

Here are her options - get considered disabled and collect social security and get help with a place to live.  Become homeless, get used and abused on the street.

So what do we do with those too carzy to work but not crazy enough to get locked away?  let them freeze to death?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarBozachT00. Show OscarBozachT00's posts

[QUOTE]So what do we do with those too carzy to work but not crazy enough to get locked away?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Elect her Speaker of the House.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Defending my moderate conservative views.:
    [QUOTE]I married up in the compassion department. I complain about the costs of mass health and section 8 and welfare at home and I get a rebuttal on how these people were raised. They didn't have decent parents who led by example except to show them how to fleece the system. I do agree with the vicous circle of welfare parents raising the next generation of welfare recipients. I do not think that that's how it works and there is no way to change it. I eat breakfast in Waltham on occasion and have gotten to know this regular who spouts the most ridicolous ideas about how corporate America should be paying a huge percentage of the welfare state. I reply that they give jobs so people can pay for food and housing. He thinks the govt should be paying his rent. I asked first how he even got section 8 and his mass health therapist helped him apply? I asked him if he deserved it? and he replied "im a citizen I worked in my youth" (he is 47) This man quotes classic writers and always has a book in his hand. He is very intelligent on all fronts except for his political views. He could work at many decent jobs. During the snowstorm i offered him a ride because he was complaining that he ran out of cab vouchers because they felt he did not need them. (the ride) I offered him a ride and he ripped into my late model suv as he got in? (intelligent and rude) It isn't even that nice.I got to his house and it was a mess. It wasn't quite a hoarder mess but quickly approaching. I told him that he yells at me for my less govt, less welfare, less free services except for the truly needy stance but he leaches off the system everyway he can. Free taxi's, section 8 even though he is alone, uses the emergency rooms as a clinic. complains about being poor but eats out every single meal on our dime. I told him he is whats wrong with the cost of govt. If he just tried a little harder he would not need the govt to live. I was harsh but god it got me so mad because what I saw was a liberal because and only because he wants his free stuff for life. How dare they take away what he thinks is coming to him. I told my wife about my day and she replied "couldn't the therapist help him apply for free college classes instead of free services" What a novel idea!
    Posted by ccfaulk[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should get a job and quit hanging out in diners picking up the riff raff.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Defending my moderate conservative views. : Maybe you should get a job and quit hanging out in diners picking up the riff raff.
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

Get a job ?? Geesh.. leave him alone. he's got a free ride on the taxpayers dime. Free everything!! What a country.

Sections
Shortcuts