Dem controlled senate hasn't put together a budget that could pass in 3 years, now they have 4 days!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Dem controlled senate hasn't put together a budget that could pass in 3 years, now they have 4 days!

For all of the country’s justified concern about the inability of the Republicans to make a deal, the fact remains that the Democratic-controlled Senate is even more of an obstacle to an accord. For Majority Leader Harry Reid and his party to act to avoid the fiscal cliff, he will have to do something that he has failed to do in the last three years: pass a budget plan of any kind. The Democrats have sat back and enjoyed the brickbats thrown at the GOP for their dysfunctional behavior, but have done nothing themselves to make a deal other than to play the role of cheerleaders for the White House’s class warfare rhetoric. With only days left for action to avoid the automatic enactment of measures that could potentially devastate an already weak economy, it’s time to for Reid and his caucus to put forward a bill that could actually pass. If not, their reliance on public opinion only blaming Republicans for the impending debacle may ultimately wind up a colossal misjudgment.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/12/24/democrats-cant-avoid-fiscal-cliff-blame/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Dem controlled senate hasn't put together a budget that could pass in 3 years, now they have 4 days!

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For all of the country’s justified concern about the inability of the Republicans to make a deal, the fact remains that the Democratic-controlled Senate is even more of an obstacle to an accord. For Majority Leader Harry Reid and his party to act to avoid the fiscal cliff, he will have to do something that he has failed to do in the last three years: pass a budget plan of any kind. The Democrats have sat back and enjoyed the brickbats thrown at the GOP for their dysfunctional behavior, but have done nothing themselves to make a deal other than to play the role of cheerleaders for the White House’s class warfare rhetoric. With only days left for action to avoid the automatic enactment of measures that could potentially devastate an already weak economy, it’s time to for Reid and his caucus to put forward a bill that could actually pass. If not, their reliance on public opinion only blaming Republicans for the impending debacle may ultimately wind up a colossal misjudgment.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/12/24/democrats-cant-avoid-fiscal-cliff-blame/

[/QUOTE]

The GOP is almost as loony as the NRA my friend......... always placing the blame on anything but themselves !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Dem controlled senate hasn't put together a budget that could pass in 3 years, now they have 4 days!

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NO! 

[/QUOTE]

Im done with parties I am looking at both sides! The republicans failed in the house and the dems have failed in the senate to date; Obama has tried to get put forth a budget tthat was rejected by the senate overwhelmingly!

This is not a party problem it's a government leadership problem and we don't have it in either legislative branches or the executive!!

But, as I have stated and you have proved over and over; conservatives will blame dems and dems will blame republicans and what's worse is most on both sides give the party they align with a big fat pass that both parties rely on!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

NO! 

[/QUOTE]

Im done with parties I am looking at both sides! The republicans failed in the house and the dems have failed in the senate to date; Obama has tried to get put forth a budget tthat was rejected by the senate overwhelmingly!

This is not a party problem it's a government leadership problem and we don't have it in either legislative branches or the executive!!

But, as I have stated and you have proved over and over; conservatives will blame dems and dems will blame republicans and what's worse is most on both sides give the party they align with a big fat pass that both parties rely on!!!

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Im done with parties I am looking at both sides!

Well no wonder you're missing the problem: People who were "done with parties" voted in a small bloc of ultra-right people to take absolutist positions on issues and never compromise.

This was the Tea Party and related far righties who thought they'd jump on the bandwagon.

Hence, the gridlock on all things budgetary over the last few years.

Of course, if you really weren't worry about parties, you wouldn't have made the thread title about how it's Dems fault for not putting together a budget.

What's the point of putting together a budget if you know the other side will veto all the budgets your side would support? To remove a red herring from anonymous posters' reach?

[/QUOTE]

There is no gridlock on the budget.  It has been Reid's stated approach to not pass or submit a budget.  Ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Im done with parties I am looking at both sides!
    Well no wonder you're missing the problem: People who were "done with parties" voted in a small bloc of ultra-right people to take absolutist positions on issues and never compromise. 

This was the Tea Party and related far righties who thought they'd jump on the bandwagon.

Hence, the gridlock on all things budgetary over the last few years.

Of course, if you really weren't worry about parties, you wouldn't have made the thread title about how it's Dems fault for not putting together a budget.

What's the point of putting together a budget if you know the other side will veto all the budgets your side would support? To remove a red herring from anonymous posters' reach?

[/QUOTE]

I didnt vote for any teapartiers and this problem goes back WAY before TP but, keep thinking the dems are looking out for you like the sheep they depend on to stop change!!

The thread is about the republican controlled house has failed so now the DEM controlled senate who hasnt put forth a budget in 3 years is the ones that will need to. To shield them by saying "ooh they didnt put forth a budget because the meanie buttt republicans would just deny it so, what's the use" is what they depend on as well!

Obama won but, dems got shalacked 2 years ago (not my words) due to spending!

Elections only have consequences if, they go your way??

You have become so partisan you can't see compromise either!

They love and depend on you!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didnt vote for any teapartiers and this problem goes back WAY before TP but, keep thinking the dems are looking out for you like the sheep they depend on to stop change!! The thread is about the republican controlled house has failed so now the DEM controlled senate who hasnt put forth a budget in 3 years is the ones that will need to. Obama won but, dems got shalacked 2 years ago (not my words) due to spending! Elections only have consequences if, they go your way?? You have become so partisan you can't see compromise either! They love you!!! 

The senate has passed budget bills but Bonehead refuses to let them come up for a vote.

Now that the wingnuts have failed miserably they want the Dems to bail them out again.

The problem is that for all their caterwauling the wingnuts, led by Boner, still refuse to allow the senate bill come up for a vote. Ya can't cry for help and then refuse that help because it doesn't meet your terms.

Of course there's also that Constitution thingy which says that all appropriation bills must originate in the HoR. Funny how the wingnuts so easily disregard their Constitutional duties.

[/QUOTE]

Such a dumba55!

It's not about dems and republicans you twit!

It's about 2 parties that know the country is so divided and vitriol in that division (you blaming wingnuts for every thing is case and point) that 47% will blame republicans and 47% will blame dems and all they need to worry about in elections is gaining the 6 measily percent that still think and dont just follow what a party tells them!!

Ok, go ahead tell me how IT IS all republicans fault....321......

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:

There is no gridlock on the budget.  It has been Reid's stated approach to not pass or submit a budget.  Ever.

What is the probability, in your mind, that Cantor & his gaggle of tw(i)ts would vote for a budget Reid submitted?

[/QUOTE]

Why doesn't he submit one and find out?

after all, he has tabled or rejected every single budget sent from the House.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Well that's true a true statement concerning the Senate; but no one seems interested in putting one together.

Harry Reid is clearly the man of no unless it's his way.

Boehner's compromise plan was sqaushed by the TP nit wits who are more interested in their own principles than they are with a solution; they are the rightwing's answer to Reid.

Boehner and the President really weren't that far apart but the extreme elements in both parties are squashing the process of discussion and compromise and both are lying in wait to place blame.

The real answer is to move forward with Boehner's plan again and pass it with Dem support and then work out the details in committee between the chambers; thus telling the TP's to stuff it as they become irrelevant.  But wait a minute Pelosi won't allow that; as the Dems successfully have killed off all of the blue dogs who could have made it happen.

We are headed for the cliff; let the blame game begin.  The MSM media will make it a GOP issue when its actually entrenched positions on both extremes.  But the real problem is the Dem leadership is run by their extreme element and the GOP leadership is open to compromise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What is the probability, in your mind, that Cantor & his gaggle of tw(i)ts would vote for a budget Reid submitted?

[/QUOTE]

No direct answer? Why am I not surprised?

[/QUOTE]

The probablility is exactly 33%, they either vote yes, no, present.

But, for three years we havent been able to find out!

Do you really just swallow the "they'll not vote for it so, why try"?

My real question:

why did Obama's only 2 budget proposals get slammed by all dems?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No direct answer? Why am I not surprised?

[/QUOTE]

No direct answer to your lack of a direct answer?

You are just annoying.  My answer was direct.

When Reid submits a budget, the house will vote on it, just like how Reid voted on the Ryan budget.  Unlike the Democrats, the Republicans are not cowards.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The dems especially Reid and Obama have become masters at doing nothing and blaming others and ngetting their 47% to swallow and fall in line and support their fallacy!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.