Democratic San Diego mayor heroically admits he "needs help" for his sexual harassment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Democratic San Diego mayor heroically admits he "needs help" for his sexual harassment

Shall we call it the "Kennedy deflection"? "I have an illness and have zero accountability for my actions, in fact I am to be sympathized with."

Or is it the "Bill Clinton" deflection?: "Since I support  liberal legislation funding useless bureaucracy , labelled the Violence Against Women Act, I get a mulligan on my own violence against women... "

All that is sure is that if he were a Republican, he would be long gone: resigned, disgraced ,  indicted and sued.

"I'm clearly doing something wrong," San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, a Democrat, said in a video statement in which he added “that I need help.”

"I am embarrassed to admit that I have failed to fully respect the women who work for me and with me, and that at times I have intimidated them," Filner said. "It's a good thing that behavior that would have been tolerated in the past is being called out in this generation for what it is: inappropriate and wrong." [classic modern liberal hubris:   because I am a heroic progressive who recognizes feminism, doesnt matter I harass women. ]

The mayor announced Thursday that he's "begun to work with professionals to make changes in my behavior and approach" and that he and his staff will have sexual harassment training. (Does that mean training in how to get away with sexual harassment? Rule one: fool the rubes by taking post-harassment sexual harassment training)

Despite the outright admission from Filner he was engaging in sexual harassment, the Democratic Party’s national women leaders have not said anything about the matter. Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Barbara Boxer (D-CA) have released no statements, nor has House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). Democratic National Committee chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) has also remained silent.

You can tell the liberal women leaders all truly care about women...unless it is inconvenient.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Democratic San Diego mayor heroically admits he

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Shall we call it the "Kennedy deflection"? "I have an illness and have zero accountability for my actions, in fact I am to be sympathized with."

Or is it the "Bill Clinton" deflection?: "Since I support  liberal legislation funding useless bureaucracy , labelled the Violence Against Women Act, I get a mulligan on my own violence against women... "

All that is sure is that if he were a Republican, he would be long gone: resigned, disgraced ,  indicted and sued.

"I'm clearly doing something wrong," San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, a Democrat, said in a video statement in which he added “that I need help.”

"I am embarrassed to admit that I have failed to fully respect the women who work for me and with me, and that at times I have intimidated them," Filner said. "It's a good thing that behavior that would have been tolerated in the past is being called out in this generation for what it is: inappropriate and wrong." [classic modern liberal hubris:   because I am a heroic progressive who recognizes feminism, doesnt matter I harass women. ]

The mayor announced Thursday that he's "begun to work with professionals to make changes in my behavior and approach" and that he and his staff will have sexual harassment training. (Does that mean training in how to get away with sexual harassment? Rule one: fool the rubes by taking post-harassment sexual harassment training)

Despite the outright admission from Filner he was engaging in sexual harassment, the Democratic Party’s national women leaders have not said anything about the matter. Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Barbara Boxer (D-CA) have released no statements, nor has House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). Democratic National Committee chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) has also remained silent.

You can tell the liberal women leaders all truly care about women...unless it is inconvenient.

CLC,

This video statement came out yesterday. As I understand it there have been no lawsuits filed against him.

Perhaps all the women you mentioned are gathering all the information as well as their thoughts before releasing any statements.

Republicans keep harping on when are we going to stop blaming Bush for the mess he left for Obama in 2008.

When in the world are Republicans going to stop harping on Clinton and the Kennedys which goes much farther back then 2008?

JFK died in 1963. RFK in 1968. Clinton preceeds Bush the 2nd act. None of them wrecked our economy nor pulled us into not one but two horrendous wars, including the first by tricking us and the second we are still in after ten long years. Not to mention Clinton left us with a tremendous surplus.

So wow, as citizen first, a woman second, if I were a Republican I would really leave it alone.

And btw, Arnold, the former Republican Governor of the state in which San Diego lies, engaged in the same behavior. And guess what?

"All that is sure is that if he were a Republican, he would be long gone: resigned, disgraced ,  indicted and sued."

None of the above...a direct quote from your post...happened.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

CLC,

This video statement came out yesterday. As I understand it there have been no lawsuits filed against him.

Perhaps all the women you mentioned are gathering all the information as well as their thoughts before releasing any statements.

Republicans keep harping on when are we going to stop blaming Bush for the mess he left for Obama in 2008.

When in the world are Republicans going to stop harping on Clinton and the Kennedys which goes much farther back then 2008?

JFK died in 1963. RFK in 1968. Clinton preceeds Bush the 2nd act. None of them wrecked our economy nor pulled us into not one but two horrendous wars, including the first by tricking us and the second we are still in after ten long years. Not to mention Clinton left us with a tremendous surplus.

So wow, as citizen first, a woman second, if I were a Republican I would really leave it alone.

And btw, Arnold, the former Republican Governor of the state in which San Diego lies, engaged in the same behavior. And guess what?

"All that is sure is that if he were a Republican, he would be long gone: resigned, disgraced ,  indicted and sued."

Are the Republicans the sum of al fears for you?  It just seems strange that libruls give Democrats a pass, but the most liberal of Republicans are pilloried by the left constantly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter,

"Are the Republicans the sum of al fears for you?  It just seems strange that libruls give Democrats a pass, but the most liberal of Republicans are pilloried by the left constantly."

When I lived and voted in R.I. we had some great Republican candidates I voted for and whom won. Yes, I voted for the Republican candidate...not the Democrat candidate.  I was a registered  Independent at that point. 

So no, Republicans are not the sum of all fears for me. It is not the R before their names at this point in time but what they are about.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

As far as JFK , he makes these guys look like saints.

It's amazing what a bullet in the head can do for your legacy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter,

"Are the Republicans the sum of al fears for you?  It just seems strange that libruls give Democrats a pass, but the most liberal of Republicans are pilloried by the left constantly."

When I lived and voted in R.I. we had some great Republican candidates I voted for and whom won. Yes, I voted for the Republican candidate...not the Democrat candidate.  I was a registered  Independent at that point. 

So no, Republicans are not the sum of all fears for me. It is not the R before their names at this point in time but what they are about.

There are Republicans in RI?  That's news to me.  YOu aren't referringto Lincoln Chaffee, are you?  If he's a republican, then I'm a martian.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

CLC,

"Perhaps all the women you mentioned are gathering all the information as well as their thoughts before releasing any statements."

Yes, soon they will be heard from, toeing the Democratic Party line, throwing anyone under the bus, as ordered. This Mayor may well resign, but his initial defense is typical of today's libs.

My beef is the idea individuals are not accountable for their behavior, because 1) they have an "illness" and could not help themselves, and we should feel sorry for their inability to control themselves, and 2) because they vote for huge federal bureacracies and spending federal money on boondoggles like the herorically but inaptly named "Violence Against Women Act", their liberalism is so wonderful for society that it trumps any personal behavior. The modern idiotic mantra is, if the bad individual is a conservative, he is a "hypocrite" because he "supports family values". Otherwise, no problem, at least he isnt a hypocrite.
    JFK and RFK were from eras where, if caught,  they would man up and not try such pseudo-psychological nonsense; but Ted Kennedy, Patrick Kennedy et al are notorious for it ; as to 2), President Clinton was notorious for keeping feminist support, even though his personal behavior toward women was atrocious.

You can despise RINO Arnold's actions,  but I didnt hear him say he "needed help for his nanny sex addiction", nor did Mark Sanford enter rehab for his "hot Latin women syndrome"... 

The Democrat San Diego mayor's psycho-babble is the new liberal playbook.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

skeeter,

There are Republicans in RI?  That's news to me.  YOu aren't referringto Lincoln Chaffee, are you?  If he's a republican, then I'm a martian.

No I am not. Governor Lincoln Chafee ran and won as an Independent. When he was Mayor of Warwick he was a Republican, just like his late father Seantor John Chafee.

Senator Chafee is one of the Republicans I voted for when I lived and voted in R.I. Also Arlene Violet, a former nun who became the Attorney General of Rhode Island. 

My home town was run by a Town Council. I often voted for Republicans to sit on that council. 

Of course all of the above does not preclude you from being a Martian. It could explain quite a lot. :)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/17/grabby-mayor-bob-filner-keynote-speaker-conference/

More news from the "no really, this isn't from the Onion" department

San Diego’s Mayor Bob Filner is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at a conference on sexual assault in the military next month.

Mr. Filner, a self-described “hugger,” is facing allegations that he sexually harassed several female staffers. He responded to the claims in an interview on Tuesday, saying he simply needs to “have a greater sense of awareness” to prevent future misunderstandings, the Huffington Post reported.

SEE ALSO: San Diego mayor admits he harassed women: ‘I need help’

The National Women Veterans Association of America was initially planning to honor the Democrat in a “lifetime of leadership awards ceremony” at its gala in August for his work as chairman of the House Committee on Veterans Affairs, but the group has since decided to back out of the award.

He is, however, still the keynote speaker for the event.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/17/grabby-mayor-bob-filner-keynote-speaker-conference/#ixzz2ZV4iz5Ii
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

So, no award for Mr. HuggyFeely. That's sad.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

Sections
Shortcuts