Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts

In Response to Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts:
    [QUOTE]He said perceive, not honor. He's my approach: " We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out. "
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

GWBush said that he prayed every morning with John Ashcroft and (of course) Ashcroft said all the words.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts : And Bill Clinton asked an entire congregation to pray that Hillary beats the snot out of Barack Obama. This is getting circular

Good word for it.  People all pointing fingers at the other guy but none at themselves.  Jesus was right.  "Judge not lest you be judged".  It's a kind of Instant Karma.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts : I think more than a few members of the G.O.P. seek guidance from the ghost of Reagan.  I am sure a substantial minority hope his ghost will inhabit a human vessel and give them a sense of purpose and direction again.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Reagan's the one who turned me off to the GOP.  He was a fair actor, but very good at delivering a speech.  That's all it was - talk.

If they are cutting down a tree and I run up and yell "CUT DOWN THIS TREE", that don't make me special.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts : If the will of God is to love your neighbor, don't be judgemental, don't covet your neigbor's property, don't throw stones, any of Christ's teachings, etc.,  then we haven't seen a president act Godly for a long, long time.  What part of the will and mind of God do you think they have been honoring?
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]

Greg said "perceive, not honor". He's close, and you, giraffe, are proving my point.  I said perceive the will if not the MIND of God.  In other words, THEY understand God. YOU don't!  Do you think any of our former presidents, or their millions of supporters, would agree with you that there hasn't been a godly act out of the White House in a long time?  What about Obama?  Don't you think he and his supporters feel his overtures to Muslims etc. are evidence of his Christian principals of loving his neighbor and not being judgemental?  Yet he is constantly pilloried by the Christian Right for doing just that.  This sort of thing goes well beyond the White House, too.  The problem with religious principals is not the principals, it is the way people decide that they are the arbiters of how those principals apply to someone else's life.  But that's a whole other post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

OOPS!!! Wrong "principals"!  Should have been "religious principles"!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts : Greg said "perceive, not honor". He's close , and you, giraffe, are proving my point.  I said perceive the will if not the MIND of God.  In other words, THEY understand God. YOU don't!  Do you think any of our former presidents, or their millions of supporters, would agree with you that there hasn't been a godly act out of the White House in a long time?  What about Obama?  Don't you think he and his supporters feel his overtures to Muslims etc. are evidence of his Christian principals of loving his neighbor and not being judgemental?  Yet he is constantly pilloried by the Christian Right for doing just that.  This sort of thing goes well beyond the White House, too.  The problem with religious principals is not the principals, it is the way people decide that they are the arbiters of how those principals apply to someone else's life.  But that's a whole other post.
    Posted by easydoesit2[/QUOTE]

What's the difference between the WILL and the MIND of God?  That's laughable.  I think I agree with you, but it's very confusing.  We should leave God out of politics.  Ghosts too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts : Reagan's the one who turned me off to the GOP.  He was a fair actor, but very good at delivering a speech.  That's all it was - talk. If they are cutting down a tree and I run up and yell "CUT DOWN THIS TREE", that don't make me special.
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]

You crazy liberals still wont give up bashing the Great One.....you better if you know what is good for you...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts : I can think of a few hundred million people in Russia and Eastern Europe who disagree.  Some with names like Walesa, Gorbachev and John Paul II, but what would they know?

I think John Paul II and certainly Gorbachev (not by plan) had more to do with the collapse of the Iron Curtain than Reagan.  He gets some credit certainly, but his policies were pretty close to those that preceded him in the White House while the others were unique to their positions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts : I think John Paul II and certainly Gorbachev (not by plan) had more to do with the collapse of the Iron Curtain than Reagan.  He gets some credit certainly, but his policies were pretty close to those that preceded him in the White House while the others were unique to their positions.

"Tear down this wall !!" was a photo op well conceived.  I can't think of anything much he did besides make good speeches.  Oh yeah.  He delayed AIDS research because his "religious csars" like Jerry Falwell explained that it was God's will and punishment against heathens.  That's partially speculation, but I can't think of another reason a President would ignore the dangers of a deadly epidemic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Democrats more likely to believe in ghosts : I think John Paul II and certainly Gorbachev (not by plan) had more to do with the collapse of the Iron Curtain than Reagan.  He gets some credit certainly, but his policies were pretty close to those that preceded him in the White House while the others were unique to their positions.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/06/08/EDG777163F1.DTL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

Maybe it's just a Republican thing to blame natural disasters on the victims.  It certainly isn't a "conservative attitude".

http://mediamatters.org/research/200509130004

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"but his policies were pretty close to those that preceded him in the White House while the others were unique to their positions."
    Reagan followed Carter's policies? What planet you live on, Reuben?

Thanks to Giraffe and Reubenhop for their extra wacky posts , which definitely proved the point of this thread: 
    Liberals believe weird stuff...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]"but his policies were pretty close to those that preceded him in the White House while the others were unique to their positions." Reagan followed Carter's policies? What planet you live on, Reuben? Thanks to Giraffe and Reubenhop for their extra wacky posts , which definitely proved the point of this thread:  Liberals believe weird stuff...
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

I don't think "Get religion out of government and get the gov't off our backs." is a liberal viewpoint, but maybe on your planet......

Sections
Shortcuts