Detroit in ruins; the result of liberal policies!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Detroit in ruins; the result of liberal policies!

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/04/detroit-in-ruins/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Detroit in ruins; the result of liberal policies!

All libruls fault?  Even after all those Republican Governors dating back to Romney's daddy?

Go figure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Nope.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

lol Its about the CITY of Detroit not the State of Michigan!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

All libruls fault?  Even after all those Republican Governors dating back to Romney's daddy?

Go figure.

Its about the CITY of Detroit not the state of Michigan

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to Newtster's comment:

Plenty of blame to go around on this one. Too complex to blame on anyone.

If you compare the auto business and Detroit to the computer business and Boston, somehow we managed to survive disruption and thrive where they did not. '

Actually almost all of the computer manufacturing companies in and around Boston went out of business or moved to Asia.

Boston moved into the lucrative software side of technology. That's not something you can replicate with automobile manufacturing.

The auto industry is thriving; just not in Detroit any longer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I have to say guys .... why can't we stop the attacks on each other's politics for a few days out of respect for the victims of the bombings and their families and for the good of our country .

God Bless America !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

As someone with deep roots in metro Detroit and Michigan, I can say the OP is simplistic, at best.  

The reasons for Detroit's decline are varied and many and, like it or not, inherently tied with that of the state and the bigwigs in Lansing (who are mostly republican, but again - beside the point).  

When I was a kid visiting relatives there, I would ride a bike or the bus without fear, met some outstanding people and got a crash course in empathy.  My beautiful wife grew up there, too.  Believe me, it's not all bad...

...and at least they're not Cleveland.  ;))

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

As someone with deep roots in metro Detroit and Michigan, I can say the OP is simplistic, at best.  

The reasons for Detroit's decline are varied and many and, like it or not, inherently tied with that of the state and the bigwigs in Lansing (who are mostly republican, but again - beside the point).  

When I was a kid visiting relatives there, I would ride a bike or the bus without fear, met some outstanding people and got a crash course in empathy.  MY beautiful wife grew up there, too.  Believe me, it's not all bad...

Detroit was the motor city and home of blues at one time.

It was home to 1.7 million people. Now less than 900k

People left Detroit due to economic retraction and Democrats have ran it for 40 years so, blame it on Republicans since that what dems do. Just like republicans would if, it was reversed!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

I have to say guys .... why can't we stop the attacks on each other's politics for a few days out of respect for the victims of the bombings and their families and for the good of our country .

God Bless America !

You could stay off the debate boards for a few days if, you like but, I dont consider it attacking just debating with a little too much emotion at times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

When I was a kid visiting relatives there, I would ride a bike or the bus without fear, met some outstanding people and got a crash course in empathy.  MY beautiful wife grew up there, too.  Believe me, it's not all bad...

People left Detroit due to economic retraction and Democrats have ran it for 40 years so, blame it on Republicans since that what dems do. Just like republicans would if, it was reversed!

As I said, the reasons for Detroit's malaise are varied and many, and no single party is innocent.

Unfortunately, the plight of the city is also a product of the plight of the whole state (and rust-belt region).  This is indisputable.  Detroit never existed in a vacuum, and the reasons why people left are not the same for why they haven't come back.

(But Detroit was never "the home of blues".)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

(But Detroit was never "the home of blues".)

Musicians/promoters  like John Lee H00ker would disagree and tell you Chicago and others  stole the label because it was a bigger more attractive city so, maybe Detroit is better described as the birth place of traditinal blues originating when the folksy blues players from the mississippi delta, new Orleans and Memphis started showing up in the 50's and shocking the blues scene with some awesome sound!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

As I said, the reasons for Detroit's malaise are varied and many, and no single party is innocent.

Unfortunately, the plight of the city is also a product of the plight of the whole state (and rust-belt region).  This is indisputable.  Detroit never existed in a vacuum, and the reasons why people left are not the same for why they haven't come back

Many and varied but, it comes down to taxes running business out and the cities debt crippling it.

Jeep opened a huge facotry about 30 minutes outside Detroit in Toledo!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I had no idea that Jennifer Granholm was a Republican. Go figure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Detroit is a ruin, and it matters not the label of the politicians that allowed this to happen.  Nor is it a casual victim of demographics.  Something has caused the people and the businesses to move out of Detroit, while other mid-western cities do better.

For those of you more familiar with Detroit, this question:  What (not who) has caused Detroit to fall on hard times?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I like that when it can be blamed on a Republican it's obvious what the problem is but if it could be blamed on corrupt liberal policies suddenly the causes for the decline are nuanced and complex.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Detroit is only a symbol of the auto industry. Most, if not all of the actual auto manufacturing is not located in Detroit, but rather it is spread throughout the state in places like Dearborne and Lansing.

That would necessarily mean that it is state policies which affected the industry, not the city policies of Detroit.

Have you ever been to Detroit? Lansing and Dearborne are to Detroit what Manhattan and Brooklyn are to NYC! Virtually one in the same.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Lansing to Detroit is akin to a burrough of NYC? Really?

Last time I was there it was 50 miles or so from Detroit to Lansing. That's one heck of a stretch for you to try and make a point.

My bad. Lansing is NOT a suburb of Detroit like Ann Arbor and Dearborn are considered.

touche

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

When I was a kid visiting relatives there, I would ride a bike or the bus without fear, met some outstanding people and got a crash course in empathy.  My beautiful wife grew up there, too.  Believe me, it's not all bad...

Cleveland is Beverly Hills compared to Detroit

I and others might take that as an insult.  

And as a professed musician, you should know just how confused that statement sounds.