Deval, Do you like apples?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Deval, Do you like apples?

Must be nice to have two mansions, state police drivers and millions in the bank from the corporations you walked away from. It must be easy for Gov. Deval Patrick to ignore the carnage that the illegal aliens he supports so fervently are unleashing on the commonwealth.

Another day, another person killed in Massachusetts by an illegal alien.

But Deval Patrick remains cool. Nothing to see here, folks, move along.
    “It’s horrible,” he said of the latest murder, in Marshfield of all places, allegedly by a Brazilian using a visa number issued to a Kuwaiti woman. “But it’s horrible on its own.”

What’s horrible is that this Third World freeloader didn’t have to be here. He could have been thrown out of this country months ago. But Deval wouldn’t hear of it.

“I think we need to be careful,” Deval was saying yesterday, “not to paint (with) too broad a brush.”

Deval was instructing his coat-holders in the media, try not to mention that he’s an illegal alien, or at least bury it in the 10th paragraph. Don’t list the illegals’ toll — the dreadful murders in Brockton; or the dead motorcyclist in Milford; or the six-time drunken driver, deported three times, arrested over the weekend in Boxboro; or Uncle Omar’s court appearance tomorrow.

And if you must mention that the suspected stabber is a ... new American, then by all means do what the Globe so often does on its Web site. Don’t allow any of the readers to comment on any story where somebody gets killed by an . . . undocumented worker. You know, these posters have no respect for our wonderful governor. Just last week, when he got caught driving during don’t-drive week, some blue-collar wretch scribbled on a message board, “He was probably just driving an illegal to the welfare office.”

And pay no attention to all these bills that are being introduced on Beacon Hill to try to stop the guest workers’ reign of terror.

“I’m not interested in legislation that’s just about a headline,” Deval explained, with some exasperation.

Headlines, Governor? The one I saw yesterday said, “Suspect likely here illegally.” It’s what you might call a standing headline, whether it’s cocaine dealing or drive-bys or hit-and-run driving.

Secure Communities? Just a publicity stunt, Deval scoffed.

I know, they’re only committing the crimes Americans don’t want to commit. I’m sure this Brazilian was planning to marry his “fiancee,” just before he stabbed her to death. He was turning his life around.

Don’t bother these Democrats with any of the messy details about what this country is becoming. In Vermont, Gov. Peter Shumlin told his cops last week to “look the other way as much as we can.”

But it gets harder and harder to look the other way, with all the bodies in the road.

How long before BDC deletes this to protect the guilty?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

Re: Deval, Do you like apples?

....I live in Marshfield, grew up here. It is not the same town any more. There are more illegals here than you could even imagine. This was a town I cherished, now it is a cesspool. While those apartments may look nice, a run through just one of those buildings would sweep up enough illegals to fill up most of the cop shops in the area. I wonder how the governor would feel if his wife was on the recieving end of a reverse 911 call telling her to remain in doors, and his kids were in lock down at their school because a knife wielding murderer was on the loose two streets over? I was not thrilled to get that call. This illegal was busted by Scituate cops, the Gov claims the prints go to the FBI....well why was this illegal not kept? Why was he set free? All just for publicity, right Duval?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Deval, Do you like apples?:
    [QUOTE]....I live in Marshfield, grew up here. It is not the same town any more. There are more illegals here than you could even imagine. This was a town I cherished, now it is a cesspool. While those apartments may look nice, a run through just one of those buildings would sweep up enough illegals to fill up most of the cop shops in the area. I wonder how the governor would feel if his wife was on the recieving end of a reverse 911 call telling her to remain in doors, and his kids were in lock down at their school because a knife wielding murderer was on the loose two streets over? I was not thrilled to get that call. This illegal was busted by Scituate cops, the Gov claims the prints go to the FBI....well why was this illegal not kept? Why was he set free? All just for publicity, right Duval?
    Posted by OAMLFO[/QUOTE]

You are ignoring that the town or city where these illegal aliens come from, are vastly improved, because there are fewer drunk drivers on those streets. 

Who are we to stop them from improving their communities by shifting their problems to us?  We have the resources to help these people, if we could only get rich people to pay their fair share.

You got to start looking at the glass half full.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deval, Do you like apples? : You are ignoring that the town or city where these illegal aliens come from, are vastly improved, because there are fewer drunk drivers on those streets.  Who are we to stop them from improving their communities by shifting their problems to us?  We have the resources to help these people, if we could only get rich people to pay their fair share. You got to start looking at the glass half full.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

......and no one here gets your humor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deval, Do you like apples? : ......and no one here gets your humor.
    Posted by OAMLFO[/QUOTE]

That is a problem I have noticed in my conversion to progressivism.  People are too darn serious.  As if their intensity of seriousness changes the facts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

That is a problem I have noticed in my conversion to progressivism.  People are too darn serious.  As if their intensity of seriousness changes the facts

Speak for yourself Liberal.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Don't let me interrupt, I'll be leaving, but it's like watching a bunch of chimps trying to figure out how to open a pickle jar.

A single Chimp can easily work out the mechanics of opening a pickle jar.

The average democrat, on the other hand, would have to form a committee to study the jar and then hire union labor to drill the glass from the bottom. The resulting cost of several thousand dollars would then be loudly announced as being a great bargain and the sagacity of the democrat party would be proclaimed by media outlets around the country.

I think I'll stick with the Chimp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

It must be so easy to turn away from this tragedy and ignore an issue that faces the nation and has for some time.
    From your silence I assume you support Devals blind eye to fairness in order to support political interests.

And you call yourself the party of compassion.

You are a joke, deval is a joke and the Dems are a disgrace.

Have a nice day comrade

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

The stepfather of a Milford man who was dragged to death — allegedly by a drunken driving Ecuadoran illegal alien with an arrest record — wants Gov. Deval Patrick to know he doesn’t consider the get-tough policy pushed by Massachusetts sheriffs a “publicity stunt,” while information emerged late yesterday that a Brazilian arrested Monday in a Marshfield stabbing murder was previously picked up by local police who never notified immigration authorities.

“We believe our son would still be alive,” Michael Maloney, stepfather of dragging victim Matthew J. Denice, told the Herald outside the family’s Milford home yesterday. The Secure Communities program that Patrick rejected is common-sense law enforcement, Maloney said after learning of Patrick’s dismissal of strict immigration enforcement efforts as a “publicity stunt.”

“If Secure Communities were used, there’s a possibility that the prints would have gone back . . . and (immigration authorities) would have said, ‘This guy’s illegal, let’s get rid of him,’ ” Maloney said. “Anything we can do to save people’s lives is a step in the right direction . . . anything so that Matthew’s death wasn’t in vain.”

Authorities say Denice was dragged to death Aug. 20 by Nicholas Guaman, whose criminal record included three charges for driving without a license and another for roughing up a police officer. That case and others, including Monday’s murder of a woman in Marshfield allegedly by a Brazilian illegal immigrant, have touched off calls for Massachusetts to adopt the federal initiative that lets local cops submit foreign-national suspects’ fingerprints directly to immigration officials.

Immigration authorities revealed late yesterday that Marcelo Almeida, facing a murder charge in the stabbing death of Patricia Fernanda Teixera Frois on Monday in Marshfield, had prior contact with local police that might have revealed him as an illegal alien and led to his detention had Secure Communities been in place here.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Ross Feinstein said, “Though Mr. Almeida was previously encountered by local law enforcement in Scituate, Mass., ICE was never notified of his arrest or his unlawful presence in the United States.” Details on that incident weren’t immediately available last night. Feinstein noted that Secure Communities has helped ICE locate previously undetected illegal entrants. Within hours of Almeida’s apprehension in the Marshfield murder Monday, ICE determined he was not legally in the United States.

Patrick has refused to enroll the state in the program, saying the state already provides fingerprints to the FBI. Responding to three Bay State sheriffs’ trip to Washington, D.C., last week to negotiate their own deal with ICE, Patrick yesterday derided Secure Communities.

The program “doesn’t change any of our practices and is more than anything a publicity stunt,” Patrick said on WTKK. “Whether one federal agency can share information with another federal agency — they don’t need a governor to tell them to do that.”

Bristol Sheriff Thomas Hodgson, Plymouth Sheriff Joseph McDonald Jr. and Worcester Sheriff Lewis Evangelidis are heading to the State House today to discuss the deal they cut last week with federal authorities to share information, in an end run around Patrick’s rejection of Secure Communities. They’ve invited Patrick to their press conference, saying they’re ready for a high-noon immigration showdown. The Essex and Barnstable sheriffs also have endorsed the effort.

Hodgson called Patrick’s dismissive attitude “outrageous.”

“We’re not looking to grab headlines, we’re looking to grab criminals,” Hodgson said.

Illegal aliens have been involved in several recent high-profile cases:

12. Marcelo Almeida, a Brazilian man, was arrested Monday after a 24-year-old woman was stabbed to death in Marshfield.
  13. Cops arrested five-time drunken driver Eduardo Alementa Torres on a sixth OUI charge Saturday. Torres was living in Marlboro after a previous deportation.
  14. Ecuador native Nicholas Guaman is charged with vehicular homicide while under the influence of alcohol in the August death of Matthew J. Denice, 23, of Milford. Guaman allegedly hit Denice with a car and dragged him a quarter-mile, according to police.
  15. The bodies of a young mother and her 2-year-old son were found in a Dumpster in February, allegedly killed by housemate Luis Guaman, a native of Ecuador living illegally in Brockton, cops said. Guaman fled to Ecuador shortly after the crime.

Get used to reading more stories like this... but not in the Globe !

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

This jerk should have been out of the country. Deval just does not get in with illegal immigration. Thank God for the Sheriffs in this state!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Don't let me interrupt, I'll be leaving, but it's like watching a bunch of chimps trying to figure out how to open a pickle jar. A single Chimp can easily work out the mechanics of opening a pickle jar. The average democrat, on the other hand, would have to form a committee to study the jar and then hire union labor to drill the glass from the bottom. The resulting cost of several thousand dollars would then be loudly announced as being a great bargain and the sagacity of the democrat party would be proclaimed by media outlets around the country. I think I'll stick with the Chimp.
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

The chimps fly right by the KEY question:  Why are we imprisoning pickles in the first place?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deval, Do you like apples? : And how would Secure Communities have had any effect on these incidents? Here's a hint, they have to do something before they get into the system. Is Secure Communities some kind of clairvoyant system now?
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

.....well if you read the story, HE HAD BEEN NABBED BY SCITUATE POLICE PREVIOUSLY. Therefor if secure communities had been in place the one of the latest victims would still be alive. As for Romney....he doesn't get a pass. Feel free to avoid our circle jerks, unless you like getting spanked.

In Response to Re: Deval, Do you like apples? : I see he was arrested but the question is when. Was it before Obama's get tough on illegal immigration policy of Secure Communities?
    Posted by airborne-rgr

...no.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deval, Do you like apples? : So there was no Secure Communities to report him to.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

... I answered your question correctly the first time.