Dick Cheney would have.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Dick Cheney would have.......

Been dead 5 times now w/out quality health insurance and yet he opposes coverage for all Americans.  What a guy!!!!  The best part, taxpayers pay for his coverage.   What a guy!!!

http://www.cjr.org/campaign_desk/dick_cheneys_health_care.php

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Re: Dick Cheney would have.......

In Response to Dick Cheney would have.......:
    Been dead 5 times now w/out quality health insurance and yet he opposes coverage for all Americans.  What a guy!!!!  The best part, taxpayers pay for his coverage.   What a guy!!! http://www.cjr.org/campaign_desk/dick_cheneys_health_care.php
    Posted by mynameisAugustWest

I didn't realize Cheney has stated publicly that he opposes people having health coverage. Since you're familiar with what he said could you post a link? Thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Libs worship at the altar of big government, and think for every breath we take, we need to thank a bureaucrat, or a government insurance program. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Predictable response from the GOP rep from Iowa.  Your right, the GOP clearly is in favor of health care reform, they have done everything in their power to see that it passes. 

Cheney spent 8 years in the white house, I don't remember him championing any bills to insure all Americans with the same coverage he is provided with.  I'm sure he meant to, just slipped his mind for 8 years.  Actions speak louder than words, especially in Washington. 

As for words, Cheney has been very vocal in slamming Obama's attempts on health care reform, your link for that is called planet earth.  Reality also works.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Libs worship at the altar of big government, and think for every breath we take, we need to thank a bureaucrat, or a government insurance program. 
    "Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them." --Ronald Reagan

And Republicans hi-jack the term conservative, but Clinton balanced the budget while W. put trillions in phony war on plastic, while rolling back taxes that could have helped pay for those wars.  That is fact.  The idea of Republicans claiming to want smaller gov't is atrocious hypocrasy at this point.  Republicans are far more likely to be pro-life, anti gay marriage and opposed to the legalization of marijuana.  But yet they want less gov't involvement?

I'm all for fiscal responsibility, but when the matter at hand is the health and welfare of 10's of millions of American citizens, I think it is a pretty pathetic time for the GOP to remember that they used to be conservitive. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"I'm all for fiscal responsibility"

Sure ya are....as long as your snout is kept in the trough.

"hypocrasy" 
     Gawd, how many times do clueless libs throw this out ?
    Stick to "racist", at least you can spell it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Dick Cheney would have.......:
    Predictable response from the GOP rep from Iowa.  Your right, the GOP clearly is in favor of health care reform, they have done everything in their power to see that it passes.  Cheney spent 8 years in the white house, I don't remember him championing any bills to insure all Americans with the same coverage he is provided with.  I'm sure he meant to, just slipped his mind for 8 years.  Actions speak louder than words, especially in Washington.  As for words, Cheney has been very vocal in slamming Obama's attempts on health care reform, your link for that is called planet earth.  Reality also works.

In other words he's never stated anything remotely close. The reality is no one is against healthcare reform. Just against the last bill....which many DEMS were also against. Do you accusing those Dems of being against healthcare reform also? I suspect not.

"Cheney spent 8 years in the white house, I don't remember him championing any bills to insure all Americans with the same coverage he is provided with."

Neither has ANY VP. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

In other words he's never stated anything remotely close. The reality is no one is against healthcare reform. Just against the last bill....which many DEMS were also against. Do you accusing those Dems of being against healthcare reform also? I suspect not.

Vintage GOP!!  We're not against it, we're just not for it.  You guys should put that on your bumper stickers.

Ok, You're right.  Dick Cheney and the rest of the GOP have long been consumed with health care reform.  You clearly are capable of rationale discussion.

"hypocrasy" 
     Gawd, how many times do clueless libs throw this out ?
    Stick to "racist", at least you can spell it.

Your right, Bush/Cheney were the epitome of fiscal conservatism.  Just ask a former Enron employee.  If you are tired of hearing the clueless point out the blatant hypcrIsy of the GOP, maybe you should urge the GOP to stop behaving like hypocrites. 

Stick to your generalizations, thinking for yourself seems well beyond you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

"Vintage GOP!!  We're not against it, we're just not for it.  You guys should put that on your bumper stickers.

Ok, You're right.  Dick Cheney and the rest of the GOP have long been consumed with health care reform.  You clearly are capable of rationale discussion
    ."

Well....nowhere NEAR as rational as you...sigh

The Dems had the majority. Why didn't healthcare reform pass?

The Reps and enough Dems were against the last bill. Again, do you feel those Dems are against healthcare reform in general or just against that particular bill? Let's see if you can actually answer this one.

My point about no VP putting forth a healthcare bill was legit. You just didn't like it. YOU claimed Cheney didn't put forth a bill. No VP ever has. That's a fact. Think about it and maybe you'll get the point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

The GOP must go along with bankrupting the country, for fear of being called a term that libs can't  spell and don't understand. " hypcrIsy"
    (understandable, since education today is by unionized public school teachers who can't be fired.)

Obama quadruples the deficit in one year!  Un-believable. Wild out of control spending.
    President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Well....nowhere NEAR as rational as you...sigh The Dems had the majority. Why didn't healthcare reform pass? The Reps and enough Dems were against the last bill. Again, do you feel those Dems are against healthcare reform in general or just against that particular bill? Let's see if you can actually answer this one. My point about no VP putting forth a healthcare bill was legit. You just didn't like it. YOU claimed Cheney didn't put forth a bill. No VP ever has. That's a fact. Think about it and maybe you'll get the point.
    Posted by hawkeye01

Do you really not know why healthcare hasn't passed?  It isn't complicated, some Dems feel it would be unpopular to support it and are worried about re-election. Despite some over-whelming evidence,  cowardice, self-serving governing is not the exclusive right of the GOP.  Additionally Obama made the error of attempting bi-partisanship not anticipating losing his majority in the Mass. Senate election, which cost him additional leverage.  Did that really need explanation?

Your point about no VP putting forth healthcare, is not legit, it is moronic.  "Well no one else did it either...." what are you 7?  Again, if you actually want to maintain that Dick Cheney ever has/had any interest in health care reform, you don't want to have a rationale discussion. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandshark222. Show sandshark222's posts

In Response to Re: Dick Cheney would have....... : Do you really not know why healthcare hasn't passed?  It isn't complicated, some Dems feel it would be unpopular to support it and are worried about re-election. Despite some over-whelming evidence,  cowardice, self-serving governing is not the exclusive right of the GOP.  Additionally Obama made the error of attempting bi-partisanship not anticipating losing his majority in the Mass. Senate election, which cost him additional leverage.  Did that really need explanation? Your point about no VP putting forth healthcare, is not legit, it is moronic.  "Well no one else did it either...." what are you 7?  Again, if you actually want to maintain that Dick Cheney ever has/had any interest in health care reform, you don't want to have a rationale discussion. 

Some dems felt it would be unpopular? They all voted down the line for it, gimmie a break. Not one dem has come out against this awful bill. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could support it. How many of these dems have even read all 2700 pages of the bill?

Sure, go ahead and attack Dick Cheney. He's not even in office right now. It's a lot more fun to attack the previous administration rather than the inept one that's in power right now, isn't it?

Let's not forget the fact that the majority of Americans DO NOT WANT this bill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

In Response to Dick Cheney would have.......:
    Been dead 5 times now w/out quality health insurance and yet he opposes coverage for all Americans.  What a guy!!!!  The best part, taxpayers pay for his coverage.   What a guy!!! http://www.cjr.org/campaign_desk/dick_cheneys_health_care.php

Couldn't have happened to a better guy!!

I wish I was a fly on the wall when he got the news that his Memo wasn't proof of anything.   His face must have turned purple with rage before he grasped his chest and fell to the ground.

What a loser.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Dick Cheney would have....... : Do you really not know why healthcare hasn't passed?  It isn't complicated, some Dems feel it would be unpopular to support it and are worried about re-election. Despite some over-whelming evidence,  cowardice, self-serving governing is not the exclusive right of the GOP.  Additionally Obama made the error of attempting bi-partisanship not anticipating losing his majority in the Mass. Senate election, which cost him additional leverage.  Did that really need explanation? Your point about no VP putting forth healthcare, is not legit, it is moronic.  "Well no one else did it either...." what are you 7?  Again, if you actually want to maintain that Dick Cheney ever has/had any interest in health care reform, you don't want to have a rationale discussion. 

LOL....the point about VPs not putting forth bills flew right over your head. Thanks!

Glad you agree with me that Dems also didn't like the last bill.

So is your m.o., when you don't like what someone says, to just accuse them of not wanting to have a rationale discussion? I've been quite rationale. You're the one throwing insults around not me. If you consider THAT being rationale then I guess we just have a different understanding of what being rationale is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Gotta love the compassionate Left....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

What is the obsession the Dems have with kicking previous officials/candidates who are NOT any part of the current legislatibe process? Palin, Cheney, Rowe, Bush must have targets on their backs. They are non issues and have ZERO influence in the current arena.
    Maybe it makes them feel like a man?

Oops..

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

In Response to Re: Dick Cheney would have....... : REDUX...... WELL SAID, AS USUAL !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Here we go again, arguing  both sides of the coin.

I seem to recall having the Clinton administration thrown in my face everytime I tried to criticize Bush. 

You're all just hot air.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

In Response to Re: Dick Cheney would have....... : Here we go again, arguing  both sides of the coin. I seem to recall having the Clinton administration thrown in my face everytime I tried to criticize Bush.  You're all just hot air.  
    Posted by Ltown1

I never mention Clinton.

There are many ways to debate and present arguements sweetie pie.

Deny
    Drag up irrelevant events/people from the past (But mommy.. Billy did it too!)
    Divert the issue
    Mimimize the issue
    Play the violin (What about the childreeeen?)
    Paint an entire party inan extreme light.

You're stuck in the past.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

"read all 2700 pages of the bill?"  (emphasis added)

And THAT, folks, is why there is little or no support among the people or their representatives on either side of the aisle.  That is why HC reform has not, and will not (IMO), pass until something simpler comes along. There is no greater fear in humans than the fear of the unknown, and since NO ONE on the planet understands fully what this (or any current) HC bill does or will result in, even ardent Obama supporters are uneasy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Dick Cheney would have....... : I didn't realize Cheney has stated publicly that he opposes people having health coverage. Since you're familiar with what he said could you post a link? Thanks
    Posted by hawkeye01

Are you saying he supports Health Care Reform beyond Tort Reform?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In other words he's never stated anything remotely close. The reality is no one is against healthcare reform. Just against the last bill....which many DEMS were also against. Do you accusing those Dems of being against healthcare reform also? I suspect not. Vintage GOP!!  We're not against it, we're just not for it.  You guys should put that on your bumper stickers. Ok, You're right.  Dick Cheney and the rest of the GOP have long been consumed with health care reform.  You clearly are capable of rationale discussion. "hypocrasy"   Gawd, how many times do clueless libs throw this out ? Stick to "racist", at least you can spell it.   Your right, Bush/Cheney were the epitome of fiscal conservatism.  Just ask a former Enron employee.  If you are tired of hearing the clueless point out the blatant hypcrIsy of the GOP, maybe you should urge the GOP to stop behaving like hypocrites.  Stick to your generalizations, thinking for yourself seems well beyond you.

The GOP clearly does have a plan, you just don't like it as it is limited and presserves healthcare as we know it, there are four primary points that the vast majority of Americans agree with.

http://www.gop.gov/solutions/healthcare

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Dick Cheney would have....... : Are you saying he supports Health Care Reform beyond Tort Reform?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

No idea. I'm not the one stating emphatically that the man is against having people covered. That is on the OP to prove. As yet he/she hasn't.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

I don't remember him championing any bills to insure all Americans with the same coverage he is provided with.  ----------------------- I'm sure you remember several from Al Gore right? What a dope
    Posted by GreginMeffa

Al Gore didn't have to, since Clinton was doing it.  Too bad the GOP killed it in '94...... DOPE!! 

Sections
Shortcuts