Dick Chenney to the rescue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Dick Cheney to the rescue

Dick Cheney, who somehow avoided the Vietnam War, was ready to leave Sgt. Bergdahl as a POW.

Dick Cheney who miscalculated and sent troops off the die for weapons which were never found, is speaking out and agreeing with the rumors that SGt. Bergdahl went awol.  So much for we are innocent until proven guilty.

The more Cheney and some others speak out against the trade, the more I agree it was the right thing to do.

Some of these same people who are against bringing home Sgt. B, were calling for his release a month ago.  Sort of reminds me of the stimulus package when many who were against it , were the first in line asking for it.  re: Mitt's vp running mate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Dick Chenney to the rescue

It's a pretty safe bet that whatever side Darth Cheney comes down on in military matters...one should do the opposite.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a pretty safe bet that whatever side Darth Cheney comes down on in military matters...one should do the opposite.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

[/QUOTE]

Dad and Bill hopefully agree with you, I know I do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

to quote the infamous draft deferment war mongering VP...."so"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Whenever I see or hear anything about Cheney, I always think about how his first real job was working in the White House for Nixon.  He was one of the rats they brought in to replace the rats that were either in prison or didn't want to be associated with Nixon.  He took a job in the Nixon Admin during the Watergate hearings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Dick Cheney loves you.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Understandable how liberals obsess and still rage with hate over the previous Administration;  sure beats trying to defend the massive failures of the current Administration.
    Ah, the good old days under Bush-Cheney , when dissent was patriotic and not racist, liberals opposed drones and signing statements, expanding executive power was grounds for impeachment, and libs claimed all Gitmo prisoners were innocent farmers....

Hillary and most Dems voted eagerly to send troops to Iraq, to , as you falsely put it, "look for weapons that werent there"...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

What difference does it make now anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Understandable how liberals obsess and still rage with hate over the previous Administration;  sure beats trying to defend the massive failures of the current Administration.
    Ah, the good old days under Bush-Cheney , when dissent was patriotic and not racist, liberals opposed drones and signing statements, expanding executive power was grounds for impeachment, and libs claimed all Gitmo prisoners were innocent farmers....

Hillary and most Dems voted eagerly to send troops to Iraq, to , as you falsely put it, "look for weapons that werent there"...

[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you can tell who a liberal is from a post.  I am not going back years either.  Cheney is all over the news giving his opinion on this matter.  The way I look at it is, if a mechanic fixes your muffler and it falls off later that day, that mechanic should not give an opinion on another muffler job.

As far as Obama goes, sure he has made mistakes, but the unemployment is lower now than when he took over and the stock market is doing better, so on and so on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you can tell who a liberal is from a post.  I am not going back years either.  Cheney is all over the news giving his opinion on this matter.  The way I look at it is, if a mechanic fixes your muffler and it falls off later that day, that mechanic should not give an opinion on another muffler job.

As far as Obama goes, sure he has made mistakes, but the unemployment is lower now than when he took over and the stock market is doing better, so on and so on.

[/QUOTE]

average unemployment rate under Bush 5.2%

average unemployment rate under Obama 8.5%

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

average unemployment rate under Bush 5.2%

average unemployment rate under Obama 8.5%

[/QUOTE]

Nice try.  Bush took over a balanced budget from Clinton and certainly did not leave it that way.  Seeing how you think you are good with numbers, post the unemployment rate when Bush took over and when he left 8 years later.  The job losses were like 800k per month when Obama took over.

We can play this game all day.  Just because I post numbers against Bush does not mean I am liberal. I voted for him twice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Worst president ever.  Needlessly invaded a country.  Left office with the economy in ruins.  He did what Bin Laden was hoping to do.  The legacy of W will be felt for generations.  Accomplished nothing.  Harmed the country.  Helped our enemies.  They should make urinal cakes in his image.  Absolute worst president ever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do we tell who's a liberal from a post? The constant drumbeat about Cheney is our first clue.

the second clue is how liberals all of a sudden want to refocus not on the people in charge, but the people who used to be in charge.

the third, and final clue, is the lack of accuracy in thought and deed.  For a liberal, Cheney's opinion, from a person who hasn't held political office for six years, somehow innoculates the actual perpetrator of the heinous act, in this case, and following the standard set here, the perpetrator is OObama.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Worst president ever.  Needlessly invaded a country.  Left office with the economy in ruins.  He did what Bin Laden was hoping to do.  The legacy of W will be felt for generations.  Accomplished nothing.  Harmed the country.  Helped our enemies.  They should make urinal cakes in his image.  Absolute worst president ever.

[/QUOTE]

Obama is trying desperately to secure that title for himself.  If I were Bush, I'd be worried.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

"Liberals opposed drone".  That must make Bush a huge liberal because he rarely used them.  I love the use of drones so that takes me out of this thread's definition of a liberal. Wait a minute, Obama uses drones more than I use my ezpass, could it be that he isn't a liberal either?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

"Liberals opposed drone".  That must make Bush a huge liberal because he rarely used them.  I love the use of drones so that takes me out of this thread's definition of a liberal. Wait a minute, Obama uses drones more than I use my ezpass, could it be that he isn't a liberal either?

[/QUOTE]

Changing the subject? I really prefer to stay on topic.

So, now Time mag is reporting that one of the first things Obama did in the start of his presidency (2009)is order a review of the detainees, and sought their release.  

Does it sound like Obama was more concerned with Bergdahl, or getting the Taliban leadership released?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

So, now Time mag is reporting that one of the first things Obama did in the start of his presidency (2009)is order a review of the detainees, and sought their release.  

Does it sound like Obama was more concerned with Bergdahl, or getting the Taliban leadership released?

[/QUOTE]

Do you understand how wars work? You do know that we must do something with POW's now that the war is winding down for good. Is is your contention that reviewing the detainees at Gitmo is something that should not occur? To what end? In spite of the fact that some detainees were scooped up without question and quite possibly have done nothing? 

What do you suggest happen to the Gitmo detainees now that the war is over? Of course they must be released...or tried.If there is insufficient evidence then why bother trying them?

It sounds to me like Obama is doing what any President would do in the aftermath of war...winding it down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Not sure why (since I don't care one iota for the guy) but I get such a kick out of people getting into a froth over whatever Cheney says. Is he really worth the effort??? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure why (since I don't care one iota for the guy) but I get such a kick out of people getting into a froth over whatever Cheney says. Is he really worth the effort??? 

[/QUOTE]

Haaa haaa ... No, not at all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Do you understand how wars work? You do know that we must do something with POW's now that the war is winding down for good. Is is your contention that reviewing the detainees at Gitmo is something that should not occur? To what end? In spite of the fact that some detainees were scooped up without question and quite possibly have done nothing? 

What do you suggest happen to the Gitmo detainees now that the war is over? Of course they must be released...or tried.If there is insufficient evidence then why bother trying them

It sounds to me like Obama is doing what any President would do in the aftermath of war...winding it down.

[/QUOTE]

Is the war over? Was the war over in 2009, when Obama first asked for their release

who won?

i guess if it is over, how about war crime tribunals? First up: 5 mass murderous terrorists from the Taliban.

i guess my question for you is how you can support an unilateral act by Obama that apparently works against the interests of the people of the United States?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

cheney should be charged with war crimes

Semper Fi

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not the one who brought up drones.  Plus these threads rarely stay on the original post.  Are you new here or is just that you cannot discuss more than one subject?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, when someone who avoided the draft, propels the idea that a pow tried to go awol, it is worth a thread. I mean, he is part of the reason why the soldier was fighting, at least Dick can be a little bit more supportive.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Shout out to the Special Forces who brought The Sgt Home.

When the republicans are being interviewed on this subject, it is amazing how many times they interject the word Benghazi.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, when someone who avoided the draft, propels the idea that a pow tried to go awol, it is worth a thread. I mean, he is part of the reason why the soldier was fighting, at least Dick can be a little bit more supportive.

[/QUOTE]

I believe Bergdahl's fellow soldiers have propelled the idea that a pow tried to go awol. Is Cheney not allowed to talk about that just because he avoided the draft? By that logic anyone who didn't serve shouldn't be able to talk about this issue. 

Sections
Shortcuts