Did you hear what John Boehner said?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Did you hear what John Boehner said?

It's a quantity vs. quality issue. Repealing bad law is a very good thing.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Yah, I'm not seeing the problem here either.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

I doubt he's trying to be judged on the DADT repeal.

In order to repeal a law, Congress is required to pass legislation that addresses that law, so what is he even talking about?

More red meat for the civics illiterate base.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Yeah didn't he say .. give me a double !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Here is a real civics lesson for the liberal state-worshippers who hope against hope that the corrupt incompetent public sector will pass more laws to "create jobs" and fix problems..

"The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the State" -Tacitus, Roman general

"Government doesnt solve problems, it subsidizes them" -Reagan

“Man is not free unless government is limited. There’s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.” --Ronald Reagan

"That government is best which governs least" ...anonymous

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

ms-obstinate99 you should really check out the caption in the cartoon .... it sures look like the town on the Left is doing a lot better for themselves than the town on the Right .....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I stopped caring about what Boehner said a long time ago. When he first became speaker..I was actually excited..in a political sense. I thought he'd do a good job. However, it seems both he and I underestimated the power of the tea party.

This Congress and the one before it will be remembered for a very long time. Unfortunately..not for a good reason. They will be remembered for their complete inabillity to accomplish..well...anything and Boehner may go down in history as one of the weakest speakers ever.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Andie,

I think that all federal laws should have a 30 year expiration on them. Only laws that are passed by a unanimous vote in both houses of Congress should never expire.

We need to find a way to keep them focused more on the things that really matter and less on getting themselves re-elected. And maybe find a way to make them abide by their own laws.

That would be good.

--

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Andie,

I think that all federal laws should have a 30 year expiration on them. Only laws that are passed by a unanimous vote in both houses of Congress should never expire.

We need to find a way to keep them focused more on the things that really matter and less on getting themselves re-elected. And maybe find a way to make them abide by their own laws.

That would be good.

--

++1