Did you like Sarah Palin's convention speech?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from holden125. Show holden125's posts

[Quote]Biscuitboy 509833
    Comments: 4
    9/4/2008 8:00:12 AM
    As my grandmother used to say, God rest her, you can dress a mule up in horse tack, but it's still a mule.
    she is right, obama is a unexperienced community org. not an exc chief
    These are the same people that have lied us into an unnecessary war,
    unnessecary? and we do what? let the teliban regroup?
    have left us on the point of bankruptcy, took a surplus
    bill turned reagans surplus to a deficit
    and turned it into a staggering deficit, did nothing while jobs went overseas, gave tax breaks to the wealthiest among us,
    wealthiest being biz ....dems WILL tax the people always have and always will...
    did nothing when billions went missing in Iraq, instituted domestic spying, outted a covert CIA agent, let the city of New Orleans drown,
    the dem mayor of N.O. is who refused fed help a week before katrina..get the facts right.
    did nothing about global warming,
    nothing? ok...
    assaulted the environment,
    youre just adding B.S. now
    slashed budgets at our national parks,
    again B.S.
    and have nominated a vice president who is even more of an embarrassment than Bush-- hard as that is to believe-- in her bizarre, anti-American beliefs.
    YOU ARE INTITLED TO YOUR OPINION...however anti american? wow....
    It takes more than a pretty face reading from a teleprompter
    shes been a chief exec for 12 years more than both the kings of teleprompters on the other ticket
    to let the fox back into the hen house for four more years-- throw the bums out!
    WOW one thing we agree on...throw the DEM senate OUT!!

[/Quote]

OK, get a clue. Obama was a community organizer 20 years ago. Then he went to law school, taught law school, served 8 years in the Illinois senate representing a district far larger than Wasilla, Alaska, and was elected to the U.S. Senate.

As far as the Taliban goes, they ARE regrouping because this administration and John McCain were interested in starting a war with a country not connected to them or to the attacks. It's like invading Romania in 1941 because Germany posed a threat.

You have it exactly backwards on the surplus. Reagan ran up the national debt to unimaginable levels, Clinton turned those big deficits into a surplus, and Bush II turned them right back to massive deficits. He's running the largest deficits ever, and that's NOT EVEN COUNTING the $10 billion a month for this war. Seriously, if you're going to come on and post in Bold italics, verify some basic facts.

And on and on it goes. Your post is just flat out wrong. And it's "entitled" but I guess that makes me an elitist since I can spell words in English.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomervilleSam. Show SomervilleSam's posts

She was appalling - divisive, sarcastic, petty and smug. I guess we shouldn't expect anything less, after all, the speech was written by one of George W Bush's speechwriters. One more piece of evidence that it is high time to get this crew out of the White House.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

I thought she made a good speech. The Dems were nervous before, but I'll bet they are even more nervous now, since it appears this woman knows how to hit back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from phigks. Show phigks's posts

[Quote]

A well spoken woman vp candidate that relates to small town america - dems must be terrified right now! She has done more that she can point to that would indicate she has been active with her time in office than Obama & Biden combined.

[/Quote]

I find it funny that you find her well spoken. You must not be from this country.
    That's ok. either that or you're one of the children left behind.

"She has done more that she can point to...that would indicate...she has been active...with her time in office...than...." blah blah blah.

Believe me, the "Dems" are not terrified. The McCain/Stalin ticket had a chance right up to the moment she opened her mouth. I'd rather hear fingernails on a chalkboard than that snarky liar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

I certainly know that Obama is an American and has never advocated the secession of Chicago into the Republic of Chicago -- be he a Muslim or Christian. I therefore ask the question: who sounds stupid now?[/Quote]

It's still you. We'll let you know when you don't sound stupid, should that unlikely event take place.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[Quote]This idea the Sarah Palin has more experience than Barack Obama is ridiculous. I know that people like massmoderateJoe-2 like to say Obama hasn't done anything in the U.S. Senate. Of course, they ignore Obama's prominent role in Senate ethics reform, loose nukes and spending transparency, which he worked on with Sen. Tom Coburn, Republican of Oklahoma. In fact, one of the dirty little secrets in this campaign is the number of Republicans, including some in the Senate, that are quietly supporting Obama. Some of them didn't even attend the convention and one of them, Gordon Smith of Oregon, is using his work with Obama to promote his re-election campaign.

When Guiliani states that she got more votes as mayor of Wasilla than Biden got in the primaries, he's only trying to be funny. Biden participated in one caucus, which of course, doesn't coun't the votes. He did win 23 state delegates and it's a fact that twice as many Democrats showed up at the caucuses. Palin won Wasilla with less than 700 votes.

Furthermore, it's easy to have a 80% approval rating when you've been in office for less than two years. I'm sure the controversy surrounding Trooper-Gate will sink those numbers. Did I mention she has connection to disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff? McCain's decision to go to war with the press is only going to make the press more resolute. Expect more issues to come up.

I think her public-speaking skills served her well yesterday, but she's going to have to do better. She hasn't even spoken to the press since she was introduced. She has a lot to answer for. She supported the "bridge to nowhere" and then changed her mind after she discovered how unpopular it was. What she didn't tell you is that she kept the earmark funds for that project and has built roads leading to that "bridge."

As for balanced budgets, she left her Wasilla job (term limits) with a $20 million deficit. She probably won't mention it.

Finally, she couldn't be more different than Hillary Clinton. The polls suggest that Palin is securing Republican women at the expense of Democratic and Independent women AND men. Republicans at the convention are having group discussions over what's going wrong. Two pundits that have supporting Palin publicly were caught disparaging her on a "hot" microphone.

The spin is not working.

[/Quote]

Kmart,
    All freshmen Senators are assigned to work on the numerous committees in the Senate. Being the member of a committee doesn't mean you lead anything or wrote any legislation. His community activist roll and 6 years as a state senator (where he failed to make a yes or no vote about 120 times is not leadership). His Senate experience is light and offers no leadership experience, he apparently was a team player or at least attended some committee mtgs on the items you mention, but these were all light weight issues. He's running for President its in the executive branch of government, not the legislative branch.
    Yes he has some GOP congressional supporters and McCain has the support of Joe Lieberman 2000 VP candidate.

Initially as Governor the Bridge to no where was part of a State transportation plan created by the prior administration, when it came time for her to make a call it was dropped.

I think we need to take a look at polls after her speech to determine how well she did with the women vote. Based on what I've read to date, the disenfranchised moderate Clinton supporters have a new candidate. The only ones who wont like her are the single issue choice people who will always vote Democrat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from umustbekidding. Show umustbekidding's posts

Reading the NYT/Boston Globe posts warms my heart - the left coast HATES her and is desperate to kill her nomination - I'm smelling victory in two months for McCain. Keep it up you liberal weenies - it's like watching a mouse sniff the cheese and taking the bait. Just Great!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marley209. Show marley209's posts

Well, the real question is, do we really want her as President? I say NO!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkleen2002. Show mrkleen2002's posts

This speech wasnt even written for her....it was written LAST WEEK before they even knew who the VP nominee would be.

She delivered it very well, and showed she is comfortable in front of a crowd and very intelligent. But it was nothing more than a series of one liners about things she is familiar with....small towns....oil....and her family.

She seems like a nice enough lady, but she is clealry over her head in the position she has been trust into.

John McCain is a weak candidate that is a shell of his old "maverick" self. He, and this entire convention - is nothing more than a bunch of stiff white people trying to plead for another 8 years. Based on the last 8, I say it is TIME TO STEP ASIDE.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigfatkitty. Show bigfatkitty's posts

It is really easy to stand up in front of people and put on a good show. Let's see what happens during the campaign.

I don't get the impression people are 'afraid' of her in the sense that people are intimidated, I am getting the impression that people are concerned about her qualifications. No, she isn't running for president but as history has shown, there is a possibility that she may have to be sworn in. There is nothing wrong with making those speculations such as do we really want this woman to represent that United States and our interests? She doesn't even have a passport.

The only reason why I think the Palin choice was brilliant is that now the democratic party really has a chance to win this election. Poise and brilliance are not enough- just look at what happened with Hillary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HometownGirl. Show HometownGirl's posts

Biscuitboy - I could not agree with you more.
    AND I love your grandmother's saying.

Go OBAMA - BIDEN

God BLESS America!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from umustbekidding. Show umustbekidding's posts

[Quote]This speech wasnt even written for her....it was written LAST WEEK before they even knew who the VP nominee would be..[/Quote]

ANOTHER MOOOONBAT who will not tell us WHO Wrote the Obama's speeches - You really think this will fly?? Talk about desperate. Again - NO ONE (NOT ONE) of these speeches is actually written by the candidates. What MOOOOOOONBAT!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from spfldrifle. Show spfldrifle's posts

I'll vote for McCain because he's on the top of the ticket, but she did not endear herself to me and probably anyone else who has volunteered to coach youth hockey. I can see her berating some poor father because her kid didn't get exactly as much ice time as someone else. The only reason a hockey parent is neccessary is because the kids can't drive. There is nothing pit bullish about driving your kid to a game and then watching the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cementer. Show cementer's posts

Sarah is a sure winner after that speech at the RNC last night...impressive, well delivered and she knows what she is talking about...
    I am sure the Political pundits are shocked! Well c'mon lets stand uop and give her a big hand...
    I really think she will win in a debate against Biden...his face was a bit red this am on an interview with a TV commentator...
    Go Sarah Go!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpm49. Show jpm49's posts

I thought her speech was excellent. She is very well spoken, spoke very clear and was to the point.
    She was able to address all the issues in one speech. She spoke about her family which included her upbringing, her parents, children and husband. She spoke about her experience and her record as Mayor and Governor.She even gave specific examples of issues she faced and help solve.
    She spoke of the difference between her views and the other parties. Then in the end of her speech she outlined her vision and that of McCains. Again, with specific examples.
    Wow, very impressive speech. She adds alot to the ticket and will bring a strong voice of the middle class to the white house.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

It was a lovely piece of fear-mongering.
    It's probably just me, but I personally don't know a single woman who is like her. She certainly doesn't represent the average moms I know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tycho123. Show tycho123's posts

She did not deliver. Her takes on national security, freedom of speech, abortion, gun control, education are inconsistent/naive with what this country needs for the next 4 years. She's an opportunistic choice to try to capture female voters, provided that were remotely true. Vote for McCain/Palin because he is a POW and she is a woman, big deal! Is this country educated or what? How stupid can you be to fall for that crap? McCain is a 27 year Senator who has a below average record as such; and who is now pro-life, a war Czar wannabe, intelligent design enthusiast, cut the tax to the wealthy preacher, leave all children behind hero, and a destroy social security advocate . This country can do much, much better than that! Come on, who is she kidding with her "I've been in office for less than two years, but I have a lot of mom experience to run the country" rhetoric?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from umustbekidding. Show umustbekidding's posts

[Quote]

Typical Republican. Why don't you answer the question first: How can you reconcile her membership with a secessionist group and her vice-presidential candidacy for the country from where her group wants to secede?[/Quote]

You're not too bright - are you??? Why answer a question whose premise is patently false. First you answer this - Why did Obama contribute $100,000 to a Taliban group in in Oct 2001???? Do you refuse to answer because it demonstrates that he is in fact a traitor to the US? That must be it. Again - you're not that bright.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zach-Boston. Show Zach-Boston's posts

Spoken just like a true hockey mom. God help us if they get elected. Just what this country needs should the oldest man elected at the age of 72 not complete his term. I can't understand anyone supporting these people. Do they really want this country to fail or are they just bigoted or lack common sense. I truly fear for this country should the republicans get in. Not only will the average American continue to suffer and the big corporations continue to prosper, but this country would look stupider than we did after the last election. I will never forget the headlines abroad that asked how we could have been so stupid. We cannot afford to be a laughing stock in this world again. Wake Up republicans and democrats alike and put your religious beliefs and your bigotry aside and use common sense for once to save this country.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

Typical Republican. Why don't you answer the question first: How can you reconcile her membership with a secessionist group and her vice-presidential candidacy for the country from where her group wants to secede?[/Quote]

I'm typing this very slowly so you'll have a chance to get it.

she was never a member. never. therefore, now try to stay with me, this is the tricky part; there's nothing to reconcile! maybe you should print this out and staple it to your (sloping) forehead?

okay, Corky?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[Quote]I have a simple question to all the people who think Palin has enough experience. Do either Deval Patrick or Tom Menino have enough experience to be President? Partick has been Governor as long as Palin has and Menino has 12 years of "executive experience", I guess that should be enough, right? Hell, with all her "executive experience", I guess Palin is more prepared to run the country than McCain is, so shouldn't the ticket be flipped?

Oh, and McCain didn't really refuse an early release. He would have had to condem America and violate both the Geneva Convention and the Military code of conduct for POWs, which clearly states that POWs are to be released based on extent of injury and then by length of time served. If McCain had accepted early release, he would have been court martialed and sent to Levenworth.[/Quote]

davdev,
    First, Palin has the experience similar to Teddy Roosevelt and Harry Truman, first term Governors chosen to be VP's and later thrust into the Presidency due to death. Her government executive experience is stronger than Patrick's, who also has Diverstity Officer experience with Coke and Ameriquest (didn't they take advantage of low income people with ballon mortgages). Menino could never hold national office because no one can understnd him, nice guy good for Boston, but it stops here.

Second, your comments on McCain are laughable. He was severly injured in a crash, and tortured his whole incarceration. No one would have held it against McCain to take the easy way out, through a phoney denouncement. But the Vietcong were willing to trade him for other prisoner release and he refused.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

I'll vote for McCain because he's on the top of the ticket, but she did not endear herself to me and probably anyone else who has volunteered to coach youth hockey. I can see her berating some poor father because her kid didn't get exactly as much ice time as someone else. The only reason a hockey parent is neccessary is because the kids can't drive. There is nothing pit bullish about driving your kid to a game and then watching the game.

[/Quote]

it was a joke
    lighten up, Francis

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

Yes, and obama is qualified. Must be, because he went to Harvard. Typical liberal elitist thinking...

Palin is running for VP, Obama for President - you tell me whose inexperience is the issue. All the libs are saying "but McCain is so old, he'll die!" Yeah, lets all think the worst.

Loved it. She just won middle America.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gitemp. Show gitemp's posts

same old Republican politics, diverting attention and attacking the opponents. Nothing concrete. She is presentable however and different from the other dinosaurs who spoke before her.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

You should give me a reliable link. This is the internet...it's not that difficult to use.[/Quote]

you've pretty much got the stupid title retired.

kudos.