Did you like Sarah Palin's convention speech?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[Quote]

When you are presenting yourself as a "no pork" candidate, and you clearly lobbied for Pork Barrell money, you are a hypocrite.

And will you people please look up what "present" was used for. The vast majority of the time it used to vote against a bill that you may fundementally support, but has flaws in it's implementation or wording. Think of it as saying, "I support the ideas behind the bill, but I think the details of the bill need work, please revise and submit again". Sure, there were also times it was used for political cover, but ultimately voting present has the same effect as voting no.

When you promote yourself as out for the "ordinary americans" and then turn around an insult them, you are a liar.

When you criticize NAFTA and then turn around and say that it was just "politcal positioning", you are a liar

When you can't even answer a question where you are asked to give your opinion because it is "above your pay grade", then you are a pu55y

I don't want a lying pu55y to be my president

http://www.stateline.org/live/details/story?contentId=274863

edit: added link[/Quote]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cujo. Show Cujo's posts

[Quote]Biscuitboy 509833
    Comments: 4
    9/4/2008 8:00:12 AM
    As my grandmother used to say, God rest her, you can dress a mule up in horse tack, but it's still a mule.
    she is right, obama is a unexperienced community org. not an exc chief
    These are the same people that have lied us into an unnecessary war,
    unnessecary? and we do what? let the teliban regroup?
    have left us on the point of bankruptcy, took a surplus
    bill turned reagans surplus to a deficit
    and turned it into a staggering deficit, did nothing while jobs went overseas, gave tax breaks to the wealthiest among us,
    wealthiest being biz ....dems WILL tax the people always have and always will...
    did nothing when billions went missing in Iraq, instituted domestic spying, outted a covert CIA agent, let the city of New Orleans drown,
    the dem mayor of N.O. is who refused fed help a week before katrina..get the facts right.
    did nothing about global warming,
    nothing? ok...
    assaulted the environment,
    youre just adding B.S. now
    slashed budgets at our national parks,
    again B.S.
    and have nominated a vice president who is even more of an embarrassment than Bush-- hard as that is to believe-- in her bizarre, anti-American beliefs.
    YOU ARE INTITLED TO YOUR OPINION...however anti american? wow....
    It takes more than a pretty face reading from a teleprompter
    shes been a chief exec for 12 years more than both the kings of teleprompters on the other ticket
    to let the fox back into the hen house for four more years-- throw the bums out!
    WOW one thing we agree on...throw the DEM senate OUT!!

[/Quote]

The "Teliban"???!!? What is that? Teletubbies that believe in Sha'ria???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RoseTea. Show RoseTea's posts

Palin "facts" were fact checked: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_fact_check

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmarhi. Show pmarhi's posts

As I watched last night's Republican convention, I was reminded of that great old quote from Pogo: "We have met the enemy and he is us!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HolyWhat. Show HolyWhat's posts

[Quote]

When you are presenting yourself as a "no pork" candidate, and you clearly lobbied for Pork Barrell money, you are a hypocrite.

And will you people please look up what "present" was used for. The vast majority of the time it used to vote against a bill that you may fundementally support, but has flaws in it's implementation or wording. Think of it as saying, "I support the ideas behind the bill, but I think the details of the bill need work, please revise and submit again". Sure, there were also times it was used for political cover, but ultimately voting present has the same effect as voting no.

http://www.stateline.org/live/details/story?contentId=274863

edit: added link[/Quote]

Ok so she is now running for a federal office. Why can't she have a 'no pork' position? Because when she was not in a position to change the policies, she took advantage of it to better serve her constituants? Again, at the time her only obligation was to serve the people of her town/Alaska.

Thank you for clearifying what the 'present' vote means...I was not aware. But it still doesn't tell me what bills Obama has his name attached to. Or what he did to improve the bills he voted 'present' on. Or if his 'present' vote was politcal cover.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbjab. Show trbjab's posts

Palin has a right to privacy, if she doesn't use family/issues as the basis of her identity.

She has a right to her beliefs, particularly religious constraints. But she does not have the right to enact legislation that forces me to abandon my beliefs to hold to hers.

She has a right to attack and divert attention from her resume and qualifications. But, she does not have the right to attack when people ask questions about her thoughts on these issues, the really important ones.

McCain has the right to chose whatever candidate he wants, but I also think he has a responsiblity to chose a candidate who is also capable of stepping in when he, close to my age, possibly becomes disabled or dead.

This week is one of spin, attack, same old, same old. I see Rove in the shadows.

But

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from getagrip2008. Show getagrip2008's posts

I wish people would wake up. I have lost total confidence in the press, can we please tell both sides of the story. People should be more upset with what comes out in these news stories than what was said last night. I realize we all have different beliefs, but how can we form correct and concise opinion when everything is one sided and usually not even close to factual. The editors at the Globe should be ashamed at the trash they have been printing.

Palin was good and she did what she needed to do last night. She answered the critics and answered back on the comments Obama campaign has thrown out there. I still think she does not have the level of experience needed, but than again what does Obama have that gives him the right to be qualified as our President. I feel like Biden should be the Presidential nominee and not Obama.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from getagrip2008. Show getagrip2008's posts

I wish people would wake up. I have lost total confidence in the press, can we please tell both sides of the story. People should be more upset with what comes out in these news stories than what was said last night. I realize we all have different beliefs, but how can we form correct and concise opinion when everything is one sided and usually not even close to factual. The editors at the Globe should be ashamed at the trash they have been printing.

Palin was good and she did what she needed to do last night. She answered the critics and answered back on the comments Obama campaign has thrown out there. I still think she does not have the level of experience needed, but than again what does Obama have that gives him the right to be qualified as our President. I feel like Biden should be the Presidential nominee and not Obama.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yourkuli. Show yourkuli's posts

Dear Voters,
    looking at this discussion on whether or not Palin would make a great VP for this nation from a "European perspective", I have to admit I am scared. It scares me that in a city like Boston, where people are more educated than probably anywhere else in the whole country, where people are interested in politics and actually read a quality newspaper a debate over the appropriateness of a VP pick is based on how she "slams" Obama or "fights" back and is aggressive.
    My mother can slam somebody.
    If I compared her to a pitbull she'd slap me in the face. And she surely raised children and she's educated, too. But for God's sake, she can't possibly rule a country. And here is why: She doesn't know about the issues.
    If somebody no matter what party he or she belongs to sincerely beliefs that more drilling and more nuclear power plants are going to solve the energy crisis in this country that person should not even be allowed to vote, let alone run for an office.
    Germany decided to turn away from nuclear power in the 1970s and no major party has scored any points since then trying to convince people that building more power plants is a technology of the future. Ever since then, Germanies policy has been to gradually phase out power plants and to support solar power and wind energy. The result? According to a Newsweek article in July 2008 Germany has now the most advanced energy technology.
    Why is it, that in the United States, the most advanced nation on this planet,
    a majority of the population seriously endorses energy policies and beliefs that other countries abandoned 30 years ago? Europe seems to have understood that future energy sources MUST be renewable sources, why can't you?
    Why do people even consider voting for somebody who is so incredibly uneducated about political issues that they readily support legislaion that died 30 years ago in other places of this planet?
    I am asking you to live up to the world's expectations and to elect somebody who is intelligent and educated. This is not about who looks better or who coughs up some nice catchphrases that sound good in front of the RNC or on FOXnews. Please vote based on issues. And being a Hockey Mom is not an issue.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmarhi. Show pmarhi's posts

As I watched last night's Republican convention, I was reminded of that great old quote from Pogo: "We have met the enemy and he is us!"

Yes, you are the enemy.[/Quote]

Let me explain it so that even you understand it...they were running against THEMSELVES!

Got it now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snackwell. Show snackwell's posts

[Quote]Uh oh, the Dems are desperate - they have resorted to spamming lists of Obama's "accomplishments".[/Quote]

Sorry, is that too much real information for you? Just another example of outright lies in Palin's speech. Get the facts.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snackwell. Show snackwell's posts

[Quote] I am proud to vote McCain and Palin. He's the only clear choice for commander-in-chief and the only clear choice for change here at home. I feel safe with them in the White House and can't wait to see them shake things up in Washington! [/Quote]

Bwaaahahahahah! As if they'll be any different than the mess of the last 8 years. Wake up!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from umustbekidding. Show umustbekidding's posts

[Quote]

I do not have a list of all the present votes, but a simple google search can reveal the bills he has his name attached to.[/Quote]

WOW - you know how to cut and paste from Obama website. Try finding important LAWS (NOT BILLS) that he authored. Good Luck with that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmarhi. Show pmarhi's posts

The Republican's new slogan:

"Running against ourselves....we're not really us!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]Didn't liberals always mock President Bush by saying Dick Cheney ran everything for him? So then Obama picks a VP to run everything for him, and they applaud? A pro-Iraq War VP at that? Are these people sane?

Obamabots - ever get the feeling you are being played for suckers?[/Quote]

Nice ad hominem attack, there, skippy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]
    I have 3 adjectives to describe Palin and company - hypocrite, ignorant and irresponsible.

I just hope the American people have use their brains when voting this coming election!
    [/Quote]

LOL! Funny, that is EXACTLY what I got from reading your post!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerry01. Show jerry01's posts

[Quote]Blah, blah, blah, blah. Same Republican mantra of attack your opponent like a 'pit bull', sow fear into the minds of our citizens, and offer little substantive policy on how anything will be different from the eight years we've just suffered through.[/Quote]

In her defense, though, she didn't use the words "war" and terror" (altho I did hear "terrorists" once) - instead I heard a few "Dangerous" and "Evils" instead, ha ha.

She did present her speech well - but wow, she really came out swinging...at one point in my mind I was saying "Them's fightin' words". If anything, it was really more of a divisive speech and a bit over the top for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yourkuli. Show yourkuli's posts

[Quote]

The citizens of Germany are free to make their own decisions, and we Americans respect that. We Americans are likewise free to make our own decisions and respectfully request that you MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS![/Quote]

It's certainly everybody's business if the people you try to get elected are incredibly stupid. I wouldn't mind having some moron govern this country. I could leave at any moment, maybe even move to Europe (that seems to be a popular argument with nationalists, too). Problem is that the moron that gets elected has his/her fingers on the biggest arsenal of nukes on the planet. If you can't even figure out he most simple energy policies, how can you be trusted with anything else?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

I am so grateful that never, in real life, do I have to interact with anyone as stupid as you. Mostly because I avoid people who have obviously just peed on themselves.[/Quote]

You might want to put on a diaper then....he is right...them Dems are AFRAID!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatchoice. Show fatchoice's posts

I still remember how awkward Geraldine Farrari (sp?) was when she was pushed to national stage. Sarah Palin is none of that. Last nite she showed to the world that she is a serious VP candidate.

Regarding 'community organizer'...I wonder how many of those are in streets of Chicago? every other block?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

Bwaaahahahahah! As if they'll be any different than the mess of the last 8 years. Wake up![/Quote]

OMG! How dumb is this statement!! You really need a reality slap!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalbs. Show jalbs's posts

It seems that she hit a homerun for the conservative Republican base and them alone. She looked poised and delivered the McCain campaign crafted speech very well. That's about it...there was no substance. It was a big failure ultimately. Starting with Guiliani and ending with Palin they collectively spat in the face of the very voter they so direly need in this election. It was a grave mistake to mock and make fun of the community organizers of this country. The elitist stuffy audience had their fun laughing and dismissing their value, but I can guarantee there were many watching on TV who weren't laughing. That will be great footage for the Obama campaign to use in an ad. The community organizers rally around people who have lost jobs, lost homes, need food, and the ones who need hope. Where was talk about healthcare, the middle class, or the economy? Sarah Palin is the antithesis of Hilary Clinton so they have a snowbird's chance in hell of securing the undecided Hilary voters. BTW, I guess the family is off limits unless they need to exploited for the benefit of the McCain campaign.
    As for Guiliani he is a despicable human being and a windbag on top of that. This is a man whose only platform since 9/11 is 9/11. He has tried to further his career using a disaster and he has made millions of dollars in speaking engagements on that disaster. He made sure to stress "Islamic" terrorists in his speech last night. Is he trying to connect Obama's family background? It's similar to the right wing rags who continually mention his middle name of Hussein just for shock value. The best part was that Guiliani sabotaged Palin's night by stroking his ego so long that they couldn't run the "getting to know Palin" video that they created. What a doufus.
    So I believe the Republican base is thrilled and we also know that Palin can read from a script very well. Let's see how she does in the unscripted debate. BTW, I need some clarification on something. Just so I'm clear, can I deduce that McCain is a POW war hero? I just want to make sure I didn't misunderstand the 1,453 references to it last night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennzie. Show pennzie's posts

I am terrified about what happens to all of us if the Republicans get back in office. I've just returned from a long trip to four European countries in which so many people approached me to talk about this election. In every case they said essentially 'your president does not hurt only the US - he hurts every country - every person in this world." That's for the international scene. Now for the domestic. I'm a female who felt pandered to by John McCain's choice. There are other stronger women in the Republican club. I'm also a senior citizen - and know first hand how fragile life is for people no longer in the "bloom of youth." God help us all if McCain dies in office and leaves us in the incapable hands and undeveloped brain of the new 'hockey mom' of the year (I was also a hockey mom in my younger days). The only possibility for her is that, of course, she will have all of Bush's advisors to help her. Anyone can die in office - regardless of age - that's why the VP nomination has importance. How sad for all of us - we have a president in office who is considered a buffoon and doesn't know it. We have a VP nominee who is laughable and doesn't know it. She really believes she was selected for her expertise and experience. Wake up everyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MermaidMom. Show MermaidMom's posts

I was very much impressed with Sarah Palin's speech but felt there were a number of inaccuracies - the biggest being her portrayal of Obama as being from a privileged background. Has she not read anything about the guy to know he was raised by a single mom and probaby had his share of tough times growing up. Do I recognize that Obama has his own issues? Of course.

I am also not thrilled that she's a step away from the presidency, which is probably more true with this election year than any other since McCain is 72.

The biggest thing that bothers me about her is that EVERYONE knows that McCain had no clue about the situation with her daughter's pregnancy -- she accepted McCain's offer and then spilled the beans. The media has spun it differently but it's foolish to think McCain would knowingly risk choosing a running mate with personal issues that could so easily create bad press.

So, good job with the speech, Sarah, but there isn't a chance in hell I would vote for you and McCain.

Sections
Shortcuts