Did you like Sarah Palin's convention speech?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mustameet1956. Show mustameet1956's posts

I love her....SUPERB! If she only had a homosexual son/daughter she'd have all the bases covered. Then again, maybe we'll forgive her for that missing qualification. George Bush's V.P. (Cheney) had that one covered and we DEMS know how that one has worked out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    After listening to Romney and Giuliani blame all our woes on the Democrats (both have obviously forgotten whose be President for the last 8 years), I didn't last too long when Palin started her Obama-mocking. But that's what got the crowd excited, so they didn't notice that she didn't spend a lot of time telling us how qualified she was.

She does a great job delivering a speech - can't say the same about the content.

[/Quote][/Quote]

Uh, Obama and Biden didn't say how qualified they were.....They kept spewing out the same bull with Change....they kept saying what McCain's voting record is...failing to mention that Obama refused to VOTE!

Next time you want to criticize a convention, please refer to the bull that the democraps are spewing aw well.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]As my grandmother used to say, God rest her, you can dress a mule up in horse tack, but it's still a mule. These are the same people that have lied us into an unnecessary war, have left us on the point of bankruptcy, took a surplus and turned it into a staggering deficit, did nothing while jobs went overseas, gave tax breaks to the wealthiest among us, did nothing when billions went missing in Iraq, instituted domestic spying, outted a covert CIA agent, let the city of New Orleans drown, did nothing about global warming, assaulted the environment, slashed budgets at our national parks, and have nominated a vice president who is even more of an embarrassment than Bush-- hard as that is to believe-- in her bizarre, anti-American beliefs. It takes more than a pretty face reading from a teleprompter to let the fox back into the hen house for four more years-- throw the bums out![/Quote]

Don't let any facts get in the way of your rant.......

my GOD, I hope that there are not more people out there like you.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]
    Considering all the BS about her "executive experience" I guess its safe to assume the Republican nutjobs on this board would consider Deval Patrick qualified for president at this point. Good to know.
    [/Quote]

Well lets see, Patrick is more expreienced at running anything in the Govt. Patrick apparently has written speaches for Obama (even though Obama used the speach without Patrick knowing about it). I would say that Patrick is more qualified than Obama.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-m. Show k-m's posts

It's good to see that she can read off a teleprompter. As a working mom myself and only 2 kids - not 5 and one with a major disability - I don't see how something isn't going to suffer - either her homelife or her worklife. It's tough to do both - trust me I do it everyday -

There's something about her that I can't put my finger on but I don't like how she is being portrayed as someone who in essence may LEAD our country when the dried up prune that McCain is drops dead. This from a woman who was thinking about banning books from her podunk town library.

I'd like to see how she does in the debates but maybe their prep her to death and she'll do fine, but they aren't someone I'm voting for, and I"m the target audience for the women they are trying to turn over to the "dark side" as I like to joke about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tangent. Show tangent's posts

I felt sorry for Obama when he had to respond by saying that his campaign organization was his executive experience.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JCee123. Show JCee123's posts

I was prepared to hate Palin, but I have to admit I think she did a great job. She was funny, down to earth and accessible. Perhaps Mrs. Clinton should use the same speech coach next time around.

I think the Republicans really have something now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimOrJimmy. Show JimOrJimmy's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    Can't remember the last time I was disappointed a politician's speech was ending ... she was refreshing, funny, down-to-earth, and no BS - stark contrast to most politicians - looking forward to more.
    [/Quote]

I've got a bridge I want to sell you[/Quote]

Thanks, but no thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

[Quote]I could go on, but you can catch my drift....[/Quote]

You BET we catch you're drift. You're a typical MA liberal out of touch MoonBat who can't separate FACTS from Obamas talking point memos. If the NYT/Boston.Com commie weenies hate her then you can be sure the real Americans that decide the election will love her. Thank God![/Quote]

Spoken like a true republican. Bash me, don't dispute my claims and rant and holler..

You are true to your party.

I am a registered Independent....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]It boggles my mind why people get so caught up with personal charm, being articulate, etc. and BS like "being a hockey mom". and lose sight of the issues. The Dem and Republican views are world's apart on the economy, abortion, gas, Iran, etc. This is the most important election since the great depression. Being a Hilary supporter myself I can't understand why so many people are losing focus on issues and taking this clumsy tokenism hook-line-and-sinker. I'm not buying any of this.

cd[/Quote]

Thank God, Billary is not nominated!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rudejay. Show rudejay's posts

I'm still waiting for a Republican to talk about what they plan to do to help the economy instead of how the other party won't be able to accomplish what they are proposing. All I have heard so far is 'Drill Baby, Drill'. Doesn't seem like much of a platform to me. Not sure I got how Palin letting somone else plan a 40B oil pipeline and organizing some town meetings somehow is more relevant experience than serving in the senate. She just came off as abbraisive to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky99. Show sparky99's posts

I'm a working mother,too. I also can not believe that when one runs for a major political office that something suffers. However, that applies to anyone running for a job with that type of pressure. I'm sure Bill, and Hillary for that matter, had to juggle if their lives if they wanted to have any semblance of family time. Maybe the "dried up prune" dies in office and we get someone who has limited experience. However, Obama looks full of vitality. The likelihood that he dies in office so we can get Biden's experience looks pretty slim.

Quite frankly, I could care less that she is a woman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from westindian. Show westindian's posts

I wasn't impressed with her speech but then again there is not much she could have done differently. The last eight years have been a downhill climb and these republicans doesn't seem to care about the middle class in America. The everyday hard working, educated americans.

Nothing Palin can say would persuade me to support her. I cannot in good conscience support a ticket that doesn't support equal pay for equal work for women and especially a ticket that could potentially endanger a woman's fundamental right to choose.

The Republican convention on a whole has been lackluster and unimpressive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME2KYfan. Show ME2KYfan's posts

The Hockey Mom needs to stay in Alaska!!! She was mayor of a small town for 9 years, no comparison to being Vice President. She was a member of the PTA for 3 years....what happened after that? She wanted books censored at the local library...so she wants to control our rights there. As governor of Alaska she talks about being Commander in Chief...I understand that she has never given direction to the National Guard. She brought her pregnant daughter on stage with a baby blanket hanging over her stomach carrying the baby...she could not even come out and tell the truth (it is a family matter and who cares) but trying to hide the fact is a lie. She had a choice as to whether she would have her child and her daughter (hopefully) had a choice as to whether she wants her baby. Everyone should have that choice. I don't think Sarah or the Republican Party can make those decisions for us. I doubt that McCain would be so foolish to have chosen her if she knew that the Palin Family would bring a host of family problems with them. God Help Us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from westindian. Show westindian's posts

[Quote]As my grandmother used to say, God rest her, you can dress a mule up in horse tack, but it's still a mule. These are the same people that have lied us into an unnecessary war, have left us on the point of bankruptcy, took a surplus and turned it into a staggering deficit, did nothing while jobs went overseas, gave tax breaks to the wealthiest among us, did nothing when billions went missing in Iraq, instituted domestic spying, outted a covert CIA agent, let the city of New Orleans drown, did nothing about global warming, assaulted the environment, slashed budgets at our national parks, and have nominated a vice president who is even more of an embarrassment than Bush-- hard as that is to believe-- in her bizarre, anti-American beliefs. It takes more than a pretty face reading from a teleprompter to let the fox back into the hen house for four more years-- throw the bums out![/Quote]

Well said!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]I'm still waiting for a Republican to talk about what they plan to do to help the economy instead of how the other party won't be able to accomplish what they are proposing. All I have heard so far is 'Drill Baby, Drill'. Doesn't seem like much of a platform to me. Not sure I got how Palin letting somone else plan a 40B oil pipeline and organizing some town meetings somehow is more relevant experience than serving in the senate. She just came off as abbraisive to me.[/Quote]

Did you watch the DNC? I love how people expect more out of a National Convention than what it's real intention is......

There wasn't any platform at the DNC either.....Just incase you didn't see it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arianne377. Show Arianne377's posts

[Quote]

As she said ,a pit bull with lipstick.Nothing about the issues facing the American people.Charactor assination is not the change I'm looking for.Sounds like more of Karl Rove,Bush,and Chenney and this country has had it with the trash talk.

[/Quote]

Character assination???? What do you think the elitist left wing media and the dems have been doing to her since last Friday?
    You must be kidding
    Arianne

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnationpdx. Show soxnationpdx's posts

We didn't hear from Sarah Palin, we heard from a team of veteran Republican attack dogs who sequestered her and rehearsed her delivery of their classic empty splice and dice. I give her credit for poise on a big stage but that's all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErikV113821. Show ErikV113821's posts

[Quote][Quote]

As she said ,a pit bull with lipstick.Nothing about the issues facing the American people.Charactor assination is not the change I'm looking for.Sounds like more of Karl Rove,Bush,and Chenney and this country has had it with the trash talk.

[/Quote]

Character assination???? What do you think the elitist left wing media and the dems have been doing to her since last Friday?
    You must be kidding
    Arianne[/Quote]

Weren't there reports that Mitt's camp were the ones that were fanning the flames on those stories? I lvoe how the elitist liberal media was invented yesterday. Rupert Murdoch, Ted Turner, true liberal minds!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]The Hockey Mom needs to stay in Alaska!!! She was mayor of a small town for 9 years, no comparison to being Vice President. She was a member of the PTA for 3 years....what happened after that? She wanted books censored at the local library...so she wants to control our rights there. As governor of Alaska she talks about being Commander in Chief...I understand that she has never given direction to the National Guard. She brought her pregnant daughter on stage with a baby blanket hanging over her stomach carrying the baby...she could not even come out and tell the truth (it is a family matter and who cares) but trying to hide the fact is a lie. She had a choice as to whether she would have her child and her daughter (hopefully) had a choice as to whether she wants her baby. Everyone should have that choice. I don't think Sarah or the Republican Party can make those decisions for us. I doubt that McCain would be so foolish to have chosen her if she knew that the Palin Family would bring a host of family problems with them. God Help Us.[/Quote]

Dude, has Obama given direction to the National Guard or been president before? You have to be kidding me! If you think that you have to have expreience with these to be president or Vice President then you are truely a moron.
    You are also an idiot if you think that the Republicans are going for a dictatorship. get a clue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

I won't have time to read all the comments, so am probably repeating what's been said before. Thought it was high on rhetoric and low on specifics. Well delivered, but it also sounded like what it was--a speech written last month for someone else to deliver and tweaked for Palin. A bit "generic" in most spots. She'll be a friend to parents of special needs children, but will she do anything for them? And the McCain praise didn't sound like it could be her words, she'd met him twice before last Friday.

The crowd liked it. It did nothing for me. Nor did Rudy's speech. Didn't hear Mitt speak. Would have thrown something at the TV.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote]Palin hit it out of the park!

As a former Hillary now McCain supporter I was concerned about the choice of the relatively unknown Alaska Governor and the Democratic back chatter and attacks had me concerned, but no more. She was eloquent, personal and human. She connected with the base as a given, she connected with the lunch bucket hard working crowd, she connected with working women and showed that there are no limits, she even co-opted the Dems human services niche with her statement that special needs individuals have a friend in the White House. She blew the experience issue out of the water by comparing her experience to Obama's weak community activist roll, state senate and 1 year in US Senate before deciding he was ready to run for President. She is a proven reformer, nonconformist republican and represents the new GOP as opposed to Obama who writes great books, but no legislation and who has a history of action as opposed to Obama's 100 plus votes as only present.

She didn't even need to discuss Biden, although she clearly pointed out as a small town mayor she got more votes than Biden did for president. Delaware and Alaska have similar populations and Biden is one of two Senators while Palin has an 80% approval rating as Governor, the Cheif Executive of the State.

I can't want for the VP debate, she's articulate, bright, can speak on her feet (the Hockey Mom pit bull joke, wasn't on the teleprompter) and she can spend a few weeks being briefed on foreign policy in order to hold her own with Biden on foreign policy issues. On the economy she's balanced a budget and returned the states budget to the black from red, something Biden's never done.

I like this new brand of GOP leader, Romney is most likely crushed that this VP may keep Romney away from running for 16 years.
    [/Quote]

I will never understand how you can go from supporting Hillary Clinton to supporting John McCain. They have no views in common. All you are doing is risking having another 4 years of the same. Were you really a Hillary supporter, or did you think you were because she's a woman? Have you really thought about the long term consequences if McCain wins and appoints Supreme Court justices, continues the war in Iraq and does nothing to really help anyone in this country who makes under $5 million a year. Palin's little more than a McCain puppet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky99. Show sparky99's posts

Hey Dave in Maine... I don't think she made her daughter a prop. The disgrace would have been to banish her from the stage. This is her family,not an Ozzie and Harriett sitcom,... but her family, warts and all. Palin clearly was not chosen for experience, neither was Obama.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote]

If you want you children left out of, then leave them out of it. She is the one throwing her sons enlistment and the special needs of her newborn out to the world. She is the one who forced her child's baby daddy to appear on stage at the convention.
    I am all for keeping the kids out of the election process, but don't expect to be able to exploit the good and not get blowback on the bad.[/Quote]

Precisely...she can't have it both ways. She can't bring up the Down's Syndrome baby but expect the others to be left alone. Her children are beautiful. So are Obama's. They aren't the campaign issue. GOP hypocrisy is an issue. You can't decry teenage pregnancy then say when your kid gets pregnant at 17 that "families have ups and downs".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]Oh look, the "maverick reformer's" speech was written by...Bush's speech writer! What change! Funny how up until last week teen pregancy was the result of "liberal policies". Now the bible thumpers think its the best thing since the 10 Commandments in a courthouse. Abstinence?[/Quote]

yeah and we want Obama and his Anti-American pastor running this country....LOL!