Did you like Sarah Palin's convention speech?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky99. Show sparky99's posts

Thank you Dave. I knew there was an isightful individual behind your rough exterior. Ta Ta for now. Gotta get my imperfect but good kid off the bus.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getagrip2008. Show getagrip2008's posts

First of all voting for a bill and helping get it passed, is not the same having your own original thought and authoring a bill. So all you google dems relax with that, you are like the media you throw things out there without truly answering what Palin discussed in term of Obama never writing a bill himself.

Also, I can understand people concern with Palin wanting books taken out of the library. How about Obama links with 60's radical Bill Ayers, a guy who bombed government buildings and cost a person their life. Do we ever hear anyone talk about that? No!!! Obama is affiliated and friends with technically a known domestic terrorist. I guess that is okay with of you libs on this board.

As you can guess I am republican. Am I excited about what Bush has left us with, no I am not. But, the last 8 yrs had made me realize I made a mistake in choice for President. This time regardless of my thoughts on abortion, and other issues which people put way too much thought into. I need to truly look at what is best for this country and forget about how much my taxes are going up. I am going take in account how the rest of the world going to look upon our choice for President. But, with all these one-sided media stories it is impossible to form an intelligent opinion, you just have to go back to what is good for my family and me. In the end it comes down to what is best for my families economic situation. I fortunately have a good paying job and it is almost stupid for me to vote democratic. I know that sounds dumb, but there is not enough unbiased media outlets available that will allow me to investigate and possibly change my opinion.

By the way calling someone's opinion stupid, is just plain ignorant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

[Quote]

The American people want a change from the Democrat Disaster of the last 2 years, the Worst Congress Ever.[/Quote]

Remember the 100 Day Pledge when Pelosi became Speaker?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[Quote]Can any of you GOP whackjobs actually, and with a straight face, say that she was the best, most qualified person McCain could've picked? Considering he wanted Lieberman, wanted Ridge, considered Pawlenty and Romney, and then went with this rgun worshipping religious fanatic after a 20 minute phone call last Thursday why do you think she's the pick? Fire up the base maybe? What a maverick the old koot is![/Quote]

Can any of you looney lefties look YOURSELVES in the mirror and admit you elected a completely unqualified candidate because he is a pretty black man that assuages your white guilt? If you don't believe me, just as Joe Biden and Geraldine Ferraro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErikV113821. Show ErikV113821's posts

Do all of you right wing nuts really think that all poor or unemployed people in the country are just lazy? Man, talk about delusional.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JothyR. Show JothyR's posts

To me the biggest thing the Republicans need to do is say "Yes we are from the party of George Bush and yes we have to admit responsibility for 8 years of almost irreparable damage to this country we profess to love. We attacked a country that did not attach us and we did it by lying to the country. We abused the constitution we swore to uphold. We interfered in personal family matters of a brain-dead child in Florida when we profess to say government will not interfere in people's personal lives. We choose to do nothing about global warming when our own best scientists tell us we better act fast or we will be too late. We resorted to torture, put people in CIA prisons with no rights of habeas corpus and we spied on our own people. We sat on our hands when one of our major cities was almost destroyed by an act of nature. We are spending $10B per month in a war supposedly about terror but its taking place where the terrorists are not. Our policies have created the biggest deficits in a generation and the economy is in a shambles. Yes we are responsible for all this and more. But we are sorry and want a chance to do better." Then and only then should anyone in this country consider voting for them. Short of that, they need a "time out" and its time to give the Democrats another shot. I am someone who a few years ago loved John McCain and would have voted for him if he had run then but he changed and he changed towards a very dangerous and damaging administration that we cannot be rid of soon enough. Finally as for Sarah Palin, she just has such extreme views that it is hard to view her as mainstream. To be so vocal about sacrificing Polar Bears for a tiny amount of oil, to be so harsh about abortion and to in any way be against teaching kids about sex education is just over the top. Nice speaker though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcr4runner. Show jcr4runner's posts

We all know Sarah Palin is pro-life and did not, as 80 percent of American women, kill her special needs baby.

We all know she is smart, attractive, articulate and can deliver an ironic punch. She has a sparky personality you can't help fall in love with. She's strong, uncompromising, spiritual and practices what she preaches.

Barack Obama's appeal is that he represents change, but Barack has also been shown to be the ultimate contradiction on many levels. Obama claims to represent the common people, but many can't help but wonder if he is really one of us. It's almost as if he is trying to be liked by everybody. Sarah Palin is just the opposite. She really is one of us and she doesn't care if you like her -- even people in her own party.

What I want to hear more of now is one thing she only touched on briefly in her speech.

And here is the most obvious selling point:

There is more untapped oil in Alaska than in Saudi Arabia. When gas prices start climbing way above $4 a gallon in the aftermath of a few Gulf of Mexico hurricanes, Palin is simply going to look into the camera, smile, and with her sparky sanguine squeaky voice, she is going to say: "For the good of our economy, we need to tap America's oil wealth! We've also got to protect the habitat of those caribou, moose and polar bears. So we will drill in a way that's environmentally sensitive. And I am just the woman to do it!"

Let's face reality for a moment. Americans see gas prices hurting their wallet and then see an attractive, young woman politician on television saying she'll help them because she's from Alaska, has hunted moose, and has been trying to get the drill ban on federal lands lifted all along, the choice is going to be very obvious.

I was hoping for a good showing for a pro-life third party candidate in this cycle, which could in turn affect the next elections in favor of conservatives. The Palin nomination turned that chance on it's head. Even Dr. James Dobson, the Constitution Party's most well-known supporter who said he'd "never" support John McCain, has now reversed his decision based on Palin's nomination.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

[Quote]Very inspiring...I now feel like *anybody* could be VP. I have had my passport for many years, so that makes even more qualified in foreign affairs. I manage a staff of six, so I have executive experience! Hell, I filled my gas tank yesterday, so I have energy management experience! Wait, there is more: my family has made some mistakes, so I can speak to the value of family values. John McCain, did you lose my phone number?[/Quote]

Until you mentioned John McCain I could have bet you were talking about Barack Obama.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]
    Palin is a neo-conservative evagelical. She is more of a George Bush clone than McCain! People need to wake up and realize that evangelicals have a vicious political agenda. They lack the intellectual curiosity, reason, a knowledge. They respond in the anti-intellectual way that has come to define neo-conservatism. They are the ones to fear. I know, I was raised in the southern baptist church.

We are being gaslighted folks...just like we were when the neo-cons were promoting the Invasion of Iraq. Look where that got us.
    [/Quote]

Looks like the Democrats beat the Republicans to pulling the wool over your eyes.....congrats! You have been brainwashed by the Democraps!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoEddie. Show NoHoEddie's posts

How can anyone who voted or supported Hillary vote for this women? She's against everything Hillary stands for: healthcare for all, womens' right to choose...She believes in teachinng creationsim, she's against teaching sex ed in school..Really?

I know women must have tremendous pride in having a ligitimate VP pick; however, this woman is not right.

It was a great speech - if you're running for Student Council VP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getagrip2008. Show getagrip2008's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    How about Obama links with 60's radical Bill Ayers, a guy who bombed government buildings and cost a person their life. Do we ever hear anyone talk about that? No!!! Obama is affiliated and friends with technically a known domestic terrorist. I guess that is okay with of you libs on this board.

[/Quote]

In your search for "unbiased" media, you obviously have settled on spam e-mails. LOL.[/Quote]

Markus are you syaing Ayers did not help Obama politcal career at all? Do not just throw another blind comment out there without checking your facts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmart7. Show kmart7's posts

If you were a Google Republican, you would know that Obama has co-authored three major bills that became law: the Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006; the Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act; and the 2007 Government Ethics Bill. Most bills are not authored by one person; is that what your criticism of Obama is? You need a better understanding on how Congress works. Besides, McCain is now against bills that he authored (McCain-Feingold, Immigration Reform).

If you've noticed the Ayers story hasn't stuck. Maybe it's because Obama was only eight years old when Ayers was a member of Weather Underground. Incidentally, can you tell me what crimes Ayers was actually convicted of? Did you know that Ayers is a professor at The University of Chicago?

You're pretending to not have made a decision, but you're trashing Obama. Are you considering Bob Barr? Perhaps Cynthia McKinney? Ralph Nader? Good luck with that. Looks like you only have one choice.

Insulting people's intelligence by pretending to be reasonable when you've based your decisions on irrelevant issues likes Ayers is stupid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

Until you mentioned John McCain I could have bet you were talking about Barack Obama.[/Quote]

I think that it is Obama....those sound just like his qualifications......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

Palin? She was screechy, mean-spirited, and pandering. The spin around her and her speech is just putting lipstick on a pitbull, really.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

I watched the speech on CNN. They have High Def. I loved the shot of the youngest daughter holding the infant and licking her hand to fix his hair. A real family doing what real families do!

As I said before - If the election was tomorrow and Obama wins Oh Well....
    But at least someone got up there and told the world a lot of people in this country think he's a big bag of NOTHING!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcr4runner. Show jcr4runner's posts

I'll vote McCain/Palin if she can explain to us exactly how her experience of living in Alaska, her governor's experience, her husband's position with the oil industry, their combined day-to-day knowledge of Alaskan oil, etc. -- qualifies her to be the vice president who will be in charge of tapping America's oil wealth.

Algore, the earth worshipper, taught us how to be "environmentally sensitive" and vetoed all oil exploration for eight years. Clinton/Gore took all the credit for the Republcian tax cuts and then wrecked out economy by discouraging oil exploration, killing more Alaskan pipelines, and making us dependent on terrorist states and petty dictators for years to come.

The Republicans inherited the Algore global warming paranoia and erred in not acting sooner. Sixteen years later, we are literally over a barrel in terms of our energy dependence.

Now I want a God-worshipper to tell me how we can still protect God's Creation and tap into all that black gold and make America the richest nation in the world many times over.

I want the "first dude" to be our "energy secretary" and tell us exactly how to do it with his Eskimo sense of building an oil industry in harmony with a fragile eco-system.

That alone more than qualifies Sarah Palin for the job. I just hope she makes that the centerpiece of her case for McCain/Palin in '08.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from babbleon. Show babbleon's posts

Has anybody seen this? Any comments?

If you can't make the link work by ctrl + click, then google "wasilla alaska native paints real picture sarah palin."

http://smartcrow.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/wasilla-alaska-native-paints-real-picture-of-sarah-palin/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EALVES. Show EALVES's posts

I was uninspired by the presidential race after Sen. Clinton dropped out. After Gov. Palin's speech, I'm excited again. I do think she hit it out of the park. She hit on every point that was necessary and expected of a vice presidential candidate. If critics feel that she was cliche and lacked substance, then perhaps they haven't been listening to their candidate drone on for months now about hope and change with very little discussion of how he hopes to accomplish anything. True she was direct at times in her criticism of the Democratic ticket, but certainly not as harsh or irrelevant as the attacks have been on her in the last week. She had a job to do last night and she did it very well.

Her speech was right on target and delivered with vigor and sincerity. The goal of last night's speech was not to delve into details. Her goals were to accept the nomination, introduce herself, invigorate her party, and in the tradition of all VP candidates to poke holes in the purported credentials of her opponents, which was the same as Biden's role at the DNC. And, she did so with more finess, more conviction and genuine sincerity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]I'll vote McCain/Palin if she can explain to us exactly how her experience of living in Alaska, her governor's experience, her husband's position with the oil industry, their combined day-to-day knowledge of Alaskan oil, etc. -- qualifies her to be the vice president who will be in charge of tapping America's oil wealth.

Algore, the earth worshipper, taught us how to be "environmentally sensitive" and vetoed all oil exploration for eight years. Clinton/Gore took all the credit for the Republcian tax cuts and then wrecked out economy by discouraging oil exploration, killing more Alaskan pipelines, and making us dependent on terrorist states and petty dictators for years to come.

The Republicans inherited the Algore global warming paranoia and erred in not acting sooner. Sixteen years later, we are literally over a barrel in terms of our energy dependence.

Now I want a God-worshipper to tell me how we can still protect God's Creation and tap into all that black gold and make America the richest nation in the world many times over.

I want the "first dude" to be our "energy secretary" and tell us exactly how to do it with his Eskimo sense of building an oil industry in harmony with a fragile eco-system.

That alone more than qualifies Sarah Palin for the job. I just hope she makes that the centerpiece of her case for McCain/Palin in '08.[/Quote]

So based on all of this, I bet you won't be voting for Obama either......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErikV113821. Show ErikV113821's posts

[Quote]It was awesome! I just wish she would have said, "Come at me all you want, but leave MY KIDS ALONE"!

It has been sickening to watch the media and the left try to destroy her and completely ignore all of Obama's terrorist anti-America friends. It is total sexism and as a woman I am completely offended. I can't believe how crazy the left has been in going after her entire family and how crazy they acted at the RNC. Actions speak louder than words and I have now seen first hand how a Democratic Presidency would be. NO THANKS! I will be voting for McCain/Palin.[/Quote]

Ummmmm you do realize that in no time in the past week has the left gone after Sarah Palin's family situation. As a matter of fact both Barack Obama and Joe Biden were adamant in their defense of Sarah Palin's situation and called for it to be off limits. Why do I keep hearing from today that Obama and Biden went after her and she is getting back at them? At no time did they go after her family situation and saying so is a total fabrication.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from getagrip2008. Show getagrip2008's posts

[Quote]If you were a Google Republican, you would know that Obama has co-authored three major bills that became law: the Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006; the Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act; and the 2007 Government Ethics Bill. Most bills are not authored by one person; is that what your criticism of Obama is? You need a better understanding on how Congress works. Besides, McCain is now against bills that he authored (McCain-Feingold, Immigration Reform).

If you've noticed the Ayers story hasn't stuck. Maybe it's because Obama was only eight years old when Ayers was a member of Weather Underground. Incidentally, can you tell me what crimes Ayers was actually convicted of? Did you know that Ayers is a professor at The University of Chicago?

You're pretending to not have made a decision, but you're trashing Obama. Are you considering Bob Barr? Perhaps Cynthia McKinney? Ralph Nader? Good luck with that. Looks like you only have one choice.

Insulting people's intelligence by pretending to be reasonable when you've based your decisions on irrelevant issues likes Ayers is stupid.[/Quote]

Again he has not come up with a bill himself, and that is all Palin was saying. People need to stop taking things out of context.

First of all it has not gone anywhere because the media will not run the story, so lets be fair here. If Palin were friends with Ayers it would be front-page news. Ayers has been quoted saying he was involved with the group that was responsible for those bombings and he has actually said he has no problem with what happened back than and apologizes for nothing. Ayers still was connected to those crimes and freely admits to it. Obama has the right to be friends with whomever he wants, but let make sure everyone's past and associations with various people gets spoken about in the media, not just these one-sided stories.

I have looked into the Libertarian Party but lets get real these outside parties have no shot, while I like some of their ideas, there is no chance this election one of those people gets elected.

Kmart if it makes you feel better to call me stupid go right ahead...I think you need a hug.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox-n-pats-fan. Show sox-n-pats-fan's posts

(She's) A punk and a family of tundra trash.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabmanbxr. Show cabmanbxr's posts

I can't wait until Joe Biden gets ahold of her in a debate. He's going to take her apart once piece at a time. Anyone stupid enough to vote Republican is risking having this country set back 50 years. In addition to no real experience, she's got one way of doing thing, and that's HER way. Ask the people of Alaska. Plus, she's got too much baggage. I'd think carefully before putting her and Grandpa McCain in office. VERY carefully.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susesoxfan. Show susesoxfan's posts

We have been dumbed down if we think Pallin's speech was great. She offered nothing but sarcasm and cheap shots. She was for the Bridge to Nowhere until it became a political hot potato. She's being investigated by an Ethics Committee.
    Hockey Mother's care about a lot of things like Education..never heard that mentioned; HealthCare..face it her grandchild is going to have special needs; Housing costs that are spiraling out of control; Food costs that just keep going up and up. Never once did she come close to addressing these needs. Just a bunch of one liners aimed at a bunch of lily white, thin lipped Republicans.Something for them to get riled up about. We've been hearing the same claptrap for eight years. Your time is up! Move over, we're coming through!