Did you like Sarah Palin's convention speech?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PRyanJr. Show PRyanJr's posts

The more the press went after her family, the angrier I got.
    The greater the double standard on her experience versus Obama's lack of experience made me angrier.
    The blantant double standard of sexism made me angrier.
    The shrillness I read here has made up my mind.
    I have been holding back but McCain/Palin now have my support and MY check.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from alm529. Show alm529's posts

Awesome!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-goldstein/dear-gov-palin_b_123804.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[Quote]I have a simple question to all the people who think Palin has enough experience. Do either Deval Patrick or Tom Menino have enough experience to be President? Partick has been Governor as long as Palin has and Menino has 12 years of "executive experience", I guess that should be enough, right? Hell, with all her "executive experience", I guess Palin is more prepared to run the country than McCain is, so shouldn't the ticket be flipped?
    Oh, and McCain didn't really refuse an early release. He would have had to condem America and violate both the Geneva Convention and the Military code of conduct for POWs, which clearly states that POWs are to be released based on extent of injury and then by length of time served. If McCain had accepted early release, he would have been court martialed and sent to Levenworth.[/Quote]

Great SPIN!!! A for effort! BUT... Here come those pesky facts. Palin is the VP and YES she has more experience then Deval (who I think we can all agree has gotten ZERO done with a Dem legislature) and Menino (see you need 2 to equal her experience)! She also has more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined (note: I love Joe Biden and if the D ticket was reversed I would probably vote D). And YES she has more than McCain. Yes the ticket should be flipped!

Obama has ZERO executive experience and minimal national gov. experience. He should be back in Chicago running for dog catcher. That is all he is truely qualified for!

There is no such provision in the Geneva convention requiring prisoners to control their release dates. When offered and if he accepted he would NOT have been court martialed he would have been treated as a returning POW PERIOD. The release provision is for the country holding the prisioner and N. Vietnam is NOT a signatury of the convention.

I love when people pull crap out of their @55 and proclaim it as truth!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lassie2k7. Show Lassie2k7's posts

Shouldn't her special needs infant have been in bed at 10 at night instead of being used as a prop?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMR. Show JMR's posts

Palin definitely has a public presence. The speech was interesting for entertainment value. But, that's what we have had for the last eight years: a magic act. "Look here at what my left hand is doing" (while the right hand proceeds with an secretive agenda. McCain, and, I guess, apparently, Palin and the Republicans are running against Obama as though he is the encumbent. They can't bring themselves to admit the disasters their own party and its leader have done to the country over the past two terms. They are angry. Scary angry. I read a comment today that went something like, "Be scared Democrats. Palin is your worst nightmare." What kind of citizen says something like that. Filled with hate for one's own countrymen and women. Stand up and take some responsibility. Obama has not not put us in this mess, but I hope he can dig us out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbbaron87. Show jbbaron87's posts

sorry, don't mean to pick out your post, but please do your homework (we all should). First off, Obama has written legislation - 150 bills including S1194; 1426; 1920; 3988 as well as S2566 with Richard Luger (R) that is to keep weapons out of terrosits' hands, she is not a reformer as she is being portrayed. She used to work for Ted Stevens' PAC then used that connection ($) to become mayor. As Mayor, she received the largest amount of earmarks (compared to the other towns) from Ted Stevens (remember, Alaska received the largest earmarks). As governor, she was first for the bridge but when it became a hot potatoe, she was against it. As mayor, she raised taxes and her approval rating was actually 65%. She also received 600 votes for mayor and 900+ for governor. Biden received over 700,000 for Prez. She is currently under investigation for actions as Governor. Now, take this as you will, but those are actually facts not left wing anything

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    Shouldn't her special needs infant have been in bed at 10 at night instead of being used as a prop?
    [/Quote][/Quote]

I don't know, let's ask Michelle Obama she used her two girls in the same manner...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

[Quote]
    sorry, don't mean to pick out your post, but please do your homework (we all should). First off, Obama has written legislation - 150 bills including S1194; 1426; 1920; 3988 as well as S2566 with Richard Luger (R) that is to keep weapons out of terrosits' hands, she is not a reformer as she is being portrayed. She used to work for Ted Stevens' PAC then used that connection ($) to become mayor. As Mayor, she received the largest amount of earmarks (compared to the other towns) from Ted Stevens (remember, Alaska received the largest earmarks). As governor, she was first for the bridge but when it became a hot potatoe, she was against it. As mayor, she raised taxes and her approval rating was actually 65%. She also received 600 votes for mayor and 900+ for governor. Biden received over 700,000 for Prez. She is currently under investigation for actions as Governor. Now, take this as you will, but those are actually facts not left wing anything
    [/Quote]

First of all, you should do your homework before calling somebody else out.
    For instance, S-2566 was authored and sponsored by Richard Luger and co-sponsored by 25 other Senators in addition to Obama and it never became law. S-1194 the No Child Left Behind Reform Act was authored and sponsored by Christopher Dodd and no, Obama is not even a co-sponsor and was never voted on in the Senate. Same story with S-1426, S-1920 and S-3988 isn't even on the Thompson Register so who knows where you got that number. None of the bills you referred to have even been voted on - which, by the way is a common tactic amongst Senators to appease their constituents and make it look like they are doing something. THe bill then gets table at the end of the session and never gets looked at again.

What you need to do is spend more time learning how bills become laws in this country and less time drinking up the political kool-aid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcwlmo. Show tcwlmo's posts

I keep hearing how Sarah Palin attacked Obama, which was done very well, but she never stated her position on problems. The Obama supporters want to know what her positions are.

I have been listening to Obama for over 1 year and his talk of hope and change.

I know more about what Sarah Palin stands for in a few days than Obama after more than 1 year.

What will Obama change? He sounds like Deval Patrick who promised many things including cutting our property taxes. I am still waiting........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cowboys06. Show Cowboys06's posts

[Quote]AHHH, I agree 100%. No one had a problem going in when it all started. How many Senators voted against going to war? Maybe 5? Once you make a decision to go...you go, you stay, you finish. If you don't then you look weak. You invigorate your enemies. You increase their membership. You strengthen their resolve. Then in 5 years time when you have to fight them again, they are stronger, have larger numbers, and twice as many Americans have to die.

I do agree we should have originally spent more effort than we did in Afghanistan and on Osama. But the US the government and military was content cornering him in a corner somewhere in the mountains. With limited resources, limited mobility. So instead they focused on a much larger effort. War is not a game. It is ugly. Brave men and women die and its unfortunate. It is also unfortunately unavoidable. These men and women have my deepest gratitude. To ask the question, "how many more Americans need to die" is ridiculous. The answer is, as many as it takes to win the war, feel secure, and prevent and even bigger war/terrorist attack (costing even more lives) in the future. We did not go marching around the world on some mission of conquest, we had someone pick a fight with us. Let's not forget that.[/Quote]

This is why no one will ever trust the Democrats when it comes to national security. They don't understand that there is a kind of peace that only comes on the other side of war. That it is the killer that determines what a life is worth. That among logical, civilized people, fear and respect are two very different things. However, to the people we are at war with, they are the same thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote][Quote][Quote]
    [/Quote][/Quote]

I don't know, let's ask Michelle Obama she used her two girls in the same manner...[/Quote]

One difference - One of Palin's claims to fame is "family values". If she is going to hold herself up as the poster child for family values, then her family values are up for review - and not just those values she wants people to see.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from engfant. Show engfant's posts

The woman is a scam artist.

HOW can someone be "PROLIFE" and kill animals for sport and shooting humans for "defense"?

Where does the prolife come in? So as a fetus you are safe but if you grow up to be a thug then you are dead.

Again, where does the PRO LIFE come in? I've never killed anything in my life but know that a stem cell research is more PROLIFE than anything these fools claim to be.

And how is she a good christian again? She has a teenager pregnant out of wedlock. How Christian is that? Talk about total failure. Nothing this woman says is backed up by her actions.

What a bunch of fools.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Gee Boston.com - With almost 300 hits on this one topic in less than a day do you think people may be interested in Sarah Palin? Any chance you want to join a winning team and become a trail blazer and not just another suck up liberal rag like the rest?

What do you say son... Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rusty2130. Show Rusty2130's posts

It seems to me that there are many on the far left that just can not accept the fact that most Americans liked the address last night. It does not mean they are all going to vote Republican....Pallin fought back and this was not the platform for a policy discussion.

It seems to me that many on the far right are taking this speech to be the slam dunk on the republican come back...just because Govenor Pallin is a strong communicator.

The majority of us will take a look over the next 6 weeks and decide which issues are most important to us. Hopefully Senator Obama and Senator McCain will be able to address these issues.

I do however find it interesting that many on the left are not acknowledging the fact that there is a tremendous media bias in the presentation of the two major polotical parties...just look at the home page of boston.com the republican convention is almost below the fold..whereas the democrat convention stayed in the headlines until it was forced off by a supposed scandal.

The fact that a 17 year old girl is having a child out of wed lock is not a tragedy. This young lady may have to deal with many trials as she is forced to grow up sooner than planned, but she decided to keep the child. She had the choice because this is America and her choice was to keep the baby.

I am personally independent.

I am pro choice (I am a man and think it is a womans choice) - My wife and I actually delivered a child that was diagnosed with a brain issue called dandy walker and we decided to move forward as a couple...5 years later all is well.

I also think we are giving too much of our tax money to illegal aliens in this country.

I do not see a problem with increasing our oil production if it is done in an environmentally sound manner.

Taxes are already too high. We need to find out where all that money is going on the state and federal level.

Unemployment is aroung 5% and the baby boomer generation is getting ready to retire...jobs are available and there is a coming labor shortage so if people learn new skills they will be employed.

Healthcare in the United States is the best in the world...if we stopped treating illegals in our emergency room free of charge and Medicare/Medicaid did more thorough audits on providers we would save millions if not billions of dollars.

Which way am I going to vote....in Massachusetts it really doesn't matter because all my electoral votes will go to Obama no matter which way I go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

[Quote][Quote][Quote][Quote][Quote]
    [/Quote][/Quote]

I don't know, let's ask Michelle Obama she used her two girls in the same manner...[/Quote]

To be fair to both parties, the time zone differences meant it was only about 8 at the time of Both Obama and Palin's speaches[/Quote]

You obviously have never had kids...bet times for 4 month olds don't really exist - they sleep when they sleep....get a clue.[/Quote]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErikV113821. Show ErikV113821's posts

[Quote]

So all these people are lazy (remember you said that all unemployed people are lazy):
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/layoffs-surge-85-mortgage-meltdown/story.aspx?guid={5CE30368-9A19-4FC6-A9E1-38F8BAE91EBF}
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2004194688_starbucks22.html
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/technology/22yahoo.html
    http://www.observer.com/2008/layoffs-thestreet-com
    http://finance.google.com/group/google.finance.25875/browse_thread/thread/ecd4b2a138c6fb11
    http://www.reliableplant.com/article.aspx?articleid=13039
    http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/2008/03/11/google_announce.html
    http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/03/layoffs-mountin.html[/Quote]

I was about to take this guy to task but thanks for the back-up. I was laid off a few months ago from a mortgage company. I go on 8-10 job interviews a week. I am not poor by any means but it would definitely be a stretch to call me lazy. Oh, and I was also one of those borderline college kids who in the long run had to drop out despite good grades because it became too pricey. Sure in a few weeks, a month, or two I will get a new job and probably succeed at it, but when I do I will not become a Republican snob who looks down on the less fortunate, I'll instead try to help them. That's democracy. So maybe you should think twice before you call me "Un-American" and to "just get the hell out" but then again, you probably won't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

Quote][Quote][Quote]
    [/Quote][/Quote]

I don't know, let's ask Michelle Obama she used her two girls in the same manner

It was 8:00 in Minnesota. CST, I believe

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[Quote]

I am grateful to read a contributor that has a memory of what Republicans really offer. I might add, unprecedented corruption. (did anyone notice that it was Republican dominated Alaskan corruption? she supposedly challenged while taking the money for the bridge to nowhere...while claiming to have said "no thanks"?) This promises to be a pit bull with No lipstick of a campaign.[/Quote]

Did you write this with a straight face? Here is Massachusetts and 86% Dem. controlled congress? You know the home of Bulger, Menino, Flaherty, White, Finneran, Kennedy, Frank et al? You kill me!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[Quote] Even if you don't see the light I'm confident that the surge in young educated voters of this great nation will catapult a real democratic leader into office.[/Quote]

Awesome! Seen any lately? I have not! Democrat leaders that is...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from engfant. Show engfant's posts

Sir, HOW CAN SOMEONE BE PROLIFE AND KILL FOR SPORT???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

[Quote]
    Sir, HOW CAN SOMEONE BE PROLIFE AND KILL FOR SPORT???
    [/Quote]

Some of us know the difference between babies and animals

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arianne377. Show Arianne377's posts

[Quote]it was half way decent but didn't say anything relevant. i'd still like to know their thoughts on the economy. and i wish they were a little more truthful.[/Quote]

I bet you thought Bin Biden's speech was great tho, didn't you? Talk about the same old same old.
    At least you conceded enough to say what you said, i have to give you credit there.
    Arianne

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from engfant. Show engfant's posts

So according to the GOP, God wants war, kills for sport, and underage, unmarried kids getting pregnant.

Where does the Christian part come in?

In America we have seperation of church and state. This woman is for bringing religion into politics. Well, there are places like this already it's called the MIDDLE EAST. Go there if you are interested in this type of Government. Not in America.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]
    [/Quote]

LOL, Are you high? a 4 yr old can't make this up.....Call me stupid, but I think that it would take more than 900 votes to become Governor of a state......

Sections
Shortcuts