Did you like Sarah Palin's convention speech?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

First of all, guest lecturing is considering a practice of teaching and in nowhere in my post did I say he was a professor. Secondly, the "executive experience" argument that the Republicans have been cramming down everyone's throats consists of her checking tabs on the national guard and sending them out if someone's stuck on a mountain somewhere. You could get a monkey to do that friggin job.[/Quote]

maybe you can apply when it comes open in January, Cheetah.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]Detailed information on Obama's community organizing, for anyone who cares:

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/09/what_a_community_organizer_doe.html
    [/Quote]
    thanks
    no one cares

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote] I heard nothing of SUBSTANCE that gives me reason that Palin or McCain have the desire or ability to improve the fate and circumstances of my family.[/Quote]

that's your job, loser

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote] "cuchalain" makes a couple of good points with limited vocabulary:
    first: When you have no intelligent response or comment, resort to personal attacks. Isn't that what the Palin speech was about?
    second: The GOP philosophy, as interpreted by Bush is "you're on your own!" McCain tracks in Bush's path. If McCain and Palin are not running to improve the life of Americans, as cuchalain suggests, why should any American support them? Not rocket science, really.

Thanks for the input cuchalain, it is an example of the kind of support Palin attracts. Good luck!
    [/Quote]

thanks, pal, and good luck with the paper route. it's not a personal attack, btw, just a statement of the obvious. losers blame others for their circumstances, just like you have. no one owes you a thing; the quicker you learn that, the better off you and your family will be.

enjoy the kool-aid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hjpower. Show hjpower's posts

Go John McCain! NOBAMA!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antuare. Show antuare's posts

I can't recall the last time I heard a Republican Vice Presidential speech convince so many Boston Democrats to vote republican. It is amazing how many life long Democrats are realizing that they are more moderate or even conservative than they once thought.

The mainstream media is obviously loosing its power of convincing people that Repub's are all mean white men or retired nuns. Palin is a true feminist and many women are realizing, through Palin's life, what a real fem looks like: Self-achieved, confident, independent, yet family dedicated, classy, true to her religious convictions and, not to mention, viewed at as an equal with men- liberal, moderate and conservatives alike.

Palin has begun a revolution of sorts- an American Woman revolution. It is and should be embraced by women of all walks. Predictably and tragically it will be rejected by militant leftists-the very ones who have been waiting for this for over fifty years! Hopefully, one day there will be an end to this bigotry that has opressed the 'American Woman' and women across America will continue to rise to new heights in the footsteps of Palin and those to rise behind her.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

You would be of some value to the world, at least, if we were to pack you off to some starving Third World country as meat.[/Quote]

you, on the other hand, are of no value. to anyone.

thanks for playing, Corky. Don't forget your helmet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

I can't recall the last time a brand-new poster looking to win "points" cut-and-pasted utter bullsh-t into this thread.

.[/Quote]

were you drunk when you posted earlier, Marky-mark?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote] <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; p[/Quote]

thanks for your service

the world needs ditchdiggers, too

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wppats. Show wppats's posts

Obama working in the south side of Chi town is wonderful. How many workers did he re-train? Where are the stats? Was he the director or an employee? How about his job reviews? Has his former boss been interviewed. People keep saying he worked there, but unlike Palin and McCain there is no record of anything. Is there one guy that can stand and say Barck saved his home, or job or car? Or got him another? The media descended on Alaska to dig for information on Palin. Heck, they should go to Chicago and dig a little on Barack Hussein Obama. Or are they afraid? If he was a Republican, his 3 years would be exmained with an electron microscope.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[Quote]

I will never understand how you can go from supporting Hillary Clinton to supporting John McCain. They have no views in common. All you are doing is risking having another 4 years of the same. Were you really a Hillary supporter, or did you think you were because she's a woman? Have you really thought about the long term consequences if McCain wins and appoints Supreme Court justices, continues the war in Iraq and does nothing to really help anyone in this country who makes under $5 million a year. Palin's little more than a McCain puppet.[/Quote]

Look, I've been independent since 1980 when I voted for John Anderson. I was a Dem voted for Carter in 1976 and I will never make that mistake again. I voted for Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton twice, Gore and then Bush 2. I'm sure you've never voted against your party.

I was on the fence with Clinton and my wife was was an ardent supporter, who by the way feels that Clinton was screwed by the DNC and at first she was appalled by McCain's choice of Palin. After Palin's speech she is on board with McCain/Palin and the yard sign is going up.

I never agree with the party's complete platforms and I wont be frightened by the Supreme Court Roe V Wade fear mongers. It takes a lot to reverse SJC decisions and it aint going to happen. I don't like to legislate from the bench and believe in the true seperation of powers and I think McCain will not select activist judges, which is good in my book. The Mass SJC screwed up the gay marriage issue and NH got it right in the legislature with civil union law providing every legal protection of marriage for gay partners. Just an example of where I come from on court issues, but I'm not an anti-gay marriage extremist.

I believe in less government and that people need to be given opportunities not hand outs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ptymps. Show ptymps's posts

&lt;em&gt;&lt;strong&gt;By Phil Tympanick&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/em&gt;
    The recent nomination of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin for Vice President of the United States has caused much fervor on the political scene. Though her poise, experience, pragmatism, and policies should be the focus of the press coverage, it appears her nomination has put a spotlight on a completely tangential issue as a result of the recent announcement of her 17 year old daughter Bristol’s pregnancy. It was only a matter of time before our liberal friends at the Boston Globe would chime in and, boy, was it a beauty. Despite the fact that I’m annoyed by the fact that Kevin, and his liberal counterparts in the liberal media have no idea about the sexual practice of Mrs. Palin’s daughter and her fianc&eacute;, and presumes that they were not using birth control, and that their pregnancy was completely “unintended”, I do agree with Kevin on one point; it gives us a chance to educate our children, and more importantly, our society.
    The recent column by Kevin Cullen entitled &lt;a href="http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/09/04/abstaining_from_change/"&gt;“Abstaining from Change”&lt;/a&gt; in the September 4th issue of The Boston Globe sheds light on the purely liberal way at looking at teenage pregnancy. In the article Kevin claims that what is happening to Bristol is “real life” that could happen to any of our sons or daughters. His argument presumes it’s inevitable and says “Here’s some news for the Holy Rollers who want religion to be used in the making of secular public policy. Teenagers have sex”. Now that is a truly insightful and perceptive comment. He even had to go back to the site of his first employment to verify that fact, but in doing so, completely missed the point that his mentor, a woman by the name of Anne Teschner, who runs The Care Center, an alternative school for pregnant and parenting teens in Holyoke, used to characterize the reason for our high teen pregnancy rates. She said, “We’re not meeting the spiritual, psychological, and emotional needs of our teens”. Note the first word there Kevin. It’s SPIRITUAL!
    Kevin implies that our over-sexualized culture is to blame and that “kids having sex” is some kind of hormonal inevitability and trying to stop it is futile. That, my friend, is a cop out. It’s typical of liberals to acquiesce to challenges when the issue is “just too hard”. Take abortion, war, and virtually everything else they stand for, and against. Their stance essentially equates to “the easy way out”. When it comes to helping the poor, their solution is easy; just tax the rich. When it comes to energy, don’t drill for oil or build nuclear power plants, just tax the oil companies’ profits and pretend that green alternatives are sufficient to address the problem. When it comes to fighting terrorism, don’t. Simply appease the radical nuts and negotiate with them without pre-conditions. That’s a lot easier than sending our troops five thousand miles overseas to fight them head on right? Think about it. Name an issue, and the liberal solution is to always, without fail, “take the easy way out”.
    The problem is that this kind of defeatist mentality doesn’t work, especially in the long term. Furthermore, this approach isn’t how we deal with virtually all of the other ills that plague our teens. For example, we spend millions on drug abstinence programs like DARE. We spend countless dollars on ads touting the hazards of drinking and driving and even send our kids to jail when they offend. Yet, somehow, knowing the perils of teen sex, we offer our teens condoms and sex education that teach them how to use them “properly” using bananas and cucumbers to personify the male anatomy.
    When Mr. Cullen said that McCain and Palin oppose sex education, he was wrong. They don’t oppose sex education when abstinence is a part of it, only when abstinence is not. Sex education in our schools today isn’t about teaching the perils of teen pregnancy, but rather how to best avoid it with birth control. It isn’t about informing our youth about the life-altering consequences of teen pregnancy, only about how you terminate one. ''We teach sex education, but there's no portion of sex education which talks about the advantages of waiting. . . ." said Massachusetts Govenor Mitt Romney in an April 21st, 2006 Boston Globe article. In a survey distributed among gubernatorial candidates in 2006 Mrs. Palin said “The explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support” and that she “favors abstinence-based sex education programs”. Romney’s position is supported by most conservatives who said in the same April 21st article, ''We're saying let's provide an opportunity for parents and school districts to add abstinence to the curriculum. It's not abstinence only. It's abstinence also." Therefore, your assertion that McCain/Palin oppose sex education is a distortion of the truth, as are many of your claims about the McCain/Palin policies in your columns.

I would be deeply remiss to criticize his liberal point of view without offering solutions. So here goes. What if we could entice the Hollywood crowd to glamorize abstinence as vehemently as they do pre-marital sex? What if people like Bristol Palin became vocal advocates for abstinence, and spoke of the difficulty of raising kids as a teenager. What if she spoke of the missed chances to attend the many teen events, to experience dances, proms and all the other things she and her future husband are likely to miss out on? And what if her future husband spoke of the challenges his young fatherhood thrust upon him as he pursued a hockey career at the college or professional level? Are you telling me that we can’t change fundamental behavior in our kids because of hormones alone? Please don’t give in to the “easy way out” crowd&hellip;again, Mr. Cullen.