Did you like Sarah Palin's convention speech?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HolyWhat. Show HolyWhat's posts

All I've heard from Democrats since she has been chosen to be the running mate of McCain is, "I have no idea who Sarah Palin is." Last night she gave a speech introducing herself to the American people and now all Democrats are saying is, "what a bore. I wanted to hear more about X, Y and Z". That is what the rest of the campaigning is for. That is what debates are for. The election is not next week. Democrats are never happy. "I want this", then when you get it you say, "well...what I really wanted was this".

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdk1. Show rdk1's posts

As someone previously said, this was a character assassination of the highest order. Throw a few jabs, sure, but it was almost like she was emceeing an Obama roast (which I guess she kinda was). And the attacks on Michele Obama were a disgrace. Nothing on any of the important issues of the day, except for oil/energy. Not one mention of economic solutions. Nothing on health care. She came across as smug and smarmy, which I'm not sure was the best approach for her big introduction to the American public. I don't recall the same level of bashing at the Dem convention. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gitemp. Show gitemp's posts

PS: now, can she keep herself off the news from her past, which keep piling every day. You cannot blame the media when you are full of crap and they already know... Republicans get used to the media saying nothing about the war, the abuse of Constitution, and all the damage that the current administration has done to this country. Enough is enough...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

[Quote]This speech wasnt even written for her...[/Quote]

Nor was it written by her. Most executive speeches are written by persons other than the executive (or in this case, the potential executive.) For example, George Bush's speeches were written by a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crispy1970. Show crispy1970's posts

Love that Globe headline: "Palin Plunges...". (Psst, your bias is showing.)

I don't care what side you're on, the Globe is so transparent as to be worthless. Only readable for the sports coverage, which is losing talent to forced early retirements and the web by the week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loosehead. Show Loosehead's posts

The GoP and its mouthpieces in the media (not to mention the rank and file) have been complaining since the start of the race that Obama was all speech and no substance.

So he gave a nomination speech that was forty minutes of specifics. That on top of a website full of position papers and policy outlines more exhaustive than any Presidential campaign since 1996.

After spending months attacking Obama on his "lack of substance," what does the GoP do?

They trot out a line of speechifiers who offered nothing but hate, derision, sarcasm and personal attacks. No substance. In response to justifiable attacks on their record and policies, the response has been: liberals are scum and McCain was a POW. That's it.

Last night's convention was an embarrassment to the country. Palin's speech was filled with lie after lie--many of them already disproven.

International experience? Because you live next to Russia? Seriously?

Command experience? The head of the ANG was in place when you got there, you make zero command decisions, and (by the way) have nothing to do with the operation of those troops in the field.

Executive experience as Mayor (of a town on 6,000)? You came in with a surplus and left your town $20million in debt.

Lowered taxes in Alaska? Alaskans never paid any taxes! Their state is funded by oil revenues.

Said no to the bridge to nowhere? Sure, after you begged for the money (and got it) you flip-flopped on the bridge BUT KEPT THE MONEY! U.S. Government money--an earmark, by the way. Pork that didn't even go into the original project. Re-purposed pork, if you will.

She followed that with an attack on the "liberal press." In other words: "I'm going to lie all I want and you better let it go, otherwise you're sexist. And biased."

And all this dissing of community organizers? That's your strategy? The people who fight for jobs, fight to keep folks in their homes, fight to protect neighborhoods and clean water and adequate schools for their kids? No respect for people like that is disrespect for average, hardworking citizens.

But that was it--from every speaker last night: McCain was a POW, Obama is a black commie, the press is biased and sexist. No policy. No programs. No plans. Oh, other than "drill, drill, drill." Some energy policy. I'm wowed.

Oh, and Tobydad: the days of tax and spend are over. We're well into republican "borrow and splurge." The only balanced budgets in the last half-century have come from Democrats. Time to give up the old talking points and find something new to whine about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WRADU. Show WRADU's posts

maybe if Obama spent less time on memoirs and focused on the state senate job and us senate job he was elected to do, he could have already affected some of the "change" he is preaching....(he wrote 2 memoirs and ZERO major pieces of legislation) quite and accomplished elected official.....also how is it the media fails to note the OBAMA is party the DEMOCRAT congress that has had single digit approval ratings??? (half that of President Bush's, which i might add are always noted when McCain is mentioned???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skier7303. Show skier7303's posts

Healthcare. the economy. education. foriegn policy. immigration. social security. foreclosure crisis. poverty. the deficit.

Just a small list of things Sarah Palin neglected to talk about last night. You know, the real issues. Maybe she should've set aside some of the 45 minutes she spent talking about Barack Obama to talk about the problems facing our country and how she plans to fix them.

Same old divisive politics from the GOP, no mention of the issues facing everyday Americans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkstraw. Show jkstraw's posts

Poor Sarah...she can't help it...she was born with a pit bull on her lips.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VASOXPATSFAN. Show VASOXPATSFAN's posts

Just wait until this bimbo starts doing some unscripted interviews. Game over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

[Quote]Great Speech. This confirmed what I had already begun to believe. I am 56 years old and will vote Republican for the first time. Obama simply cannot match either of his opponents on any level. Biden is a tax and spender, and those days need to be over now.[/Quote]

Its a shame you feel that way, because McCain has nothing I want. He is more the same crap that the Republicans have given us for the past 8 years. The same divisiveness, the same failed policies, the same wars, the same agression, same failed diplomacy. And his VP is an extremists on everything, abortion, religion, civil rights, you name it, she represents the worst of the Republican party.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

[Quote]The woman is a religous zealot. She said so herself when she explained that this stupid, pointless war is a "mission from God?!?" What God? Your God?

Dont believe me, Check it out yourself: http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/09/02/sarah-palin-iraq-war-gods-plan/

Also, not sure what you all are talking about regarding her speech? The speech last night was ok, not great. She could have said anything, and that crowd would have applauded her.

Just my two cents![/Quote]

Don't forget that her preacher called the Iraqi pipeline a mission from god, not that I'm one to judge what their preachers say, but it was good enough to attack Obama, why not her?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mblais. Show mblais's posts

Not alot of meat - just fluff in my opinion. Same things the GOP blames on Obama (but couldn't after his big speach in Denver last week). I get it - she's a soccer/hockey mom who is "conservative" - daughter isn't but that's not a point of arguement. I hope that McCain gets SPECIFIC on HOW he intends to change and enhance our lives via the economy and international relations. His VP to Be has NO international experience, so all rests on him....In the event he does become President, I would like to know more where he stands OUTSIDE of the party lines (anti-pro-choice, tax cuts for the rich, more war, etc.).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skier7303. Show skier7303's posts

[Quote]maybe if Obama spent less time on memoirs and focused on the state senate job and us senate job he was elected to do, he could have already affected some of the "change" he is preaching....(he wrote 2 memoirs and ZERO major pieces of legislation) quite and accomplished elected official.....also how is it the media fails to note the OBAMA is party the DEMOCRAT congress that has had single digit approval ratings??? (half that of President Bush's, which i might add are always noted when McCain is mentioned???[/Quote]

Don't believe everything you hear, especially from Sarah Palin. Obama wrote the biggest ethics reform bill since the Nixon administration, as well as co-wrote the legislation for the largest increase in veteran's benefits in US history. Quite an accomplishment for a junior senator. In the Illinois state senate, he wrote over 800 (eight hundred!) pieces of legislation-- which is an enormous amount by any standard.

oh by the way, the 'democratic' congress is media spin. What's the democratic majority in the Senate? 51/49. and of those 51 democrats, joe lieberman is included (who just spoke at the RNC yesterday in case you missed it). That's hardly 'democratic congress.' It's actually evenly divided. Hence the low approval rating because nothing is getting done.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Got2luvPats. Show Got2luvPats's posts

She was flawless. Time for the moonbats to fly back home. It's OVAH!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from smartgrowth. Show smartgrowth's posts

Wow, this woman is more qualified to be president than Obama!
    I used to like to hear Obama speak, nice voice and inflection. But grew tired of it very soon. His stumbling using and and and and and and is disturbing as it tells me he is confused.

Not sure what the future will bring with VP Palin but I fully expect the next four years to be prep school for the big ticket. But 1st things 1st.

USW for Palin - don't diss this union

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrain76. Show btrain76's posts

I don't understand why people are taken by this woman! She comes across as smug and has no real substance behind her attacks. Like others have already pointed out her speech was written by the same people who write for Bush and his cronies. It was petty and self righteous and, more importantly, hypocritial! How does this woman dare attack Obama's experience when she, herself JUST had her first passport issued this year!! She's never even been out of the country before - talk about lack of foreign policy experience - I can tell you that I wouldn't want someone like that running my country should something awful happen to McCain! She's likeable, I get it. But "likeable" has turned out to be devastating for us over the past 8 years. It's just not enough and I wish people would dig a bit more into her real experience and policy making before jumping on her bandwagon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nando111. Show nando111's posts

Great speech. Blew away all of the "seasoned" candidates so far.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunnsea. Show sunnsea's posts

As they say in the brokerage business on a bad stock they want to push on unsuspecting investors, "how do you dress up this pig?" Lipstick!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkstraw. Show jkstraw's posts

[Quote]People, do you really want some one in any kind of real power that believes in Intelligent design over Evolution? [/Quote]

In keeping with her dalliance for science fiction, I’m surprised she didn’t term her daughter’s pregnancy an immaculate conception.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

Put down the lube and keep your masturbatory fantasies to yourself. No one wants to see your O-face, especially not the kids in the airport restroom.[/Quote]

you're projecting again

not that there's anything wrong with that.....