Did you like Sarah Palin's convention speech?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoomersRockToo. Show BoomersRockToo's posts

WOW! from the little I had heard her, I thought she would be a lively speaker, but she just knocked the socks off of my husband and I! Awesome content and presentation (and I loved her suit too). Sexy husband. Did you see her little daughter comb down the babies' hair-(CSPAN)? So funny!

GO McCAIN/PALIN!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrain76. Show btrain76's posts

We'll see how she does in the debates when she doesn't have her speech writers and teleprompters around and has to answer real questions instead of just attacking people.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]If anyone thinks this lady is a true "hockey Mom" - they need a reality check. Not to mention that if being the Mayor of a town of 7000 people is noteworthy - how do you compare that with someone involved in community service in a city the size of Chicago. Spin, Spin & Spin. Not to mention - all of a sudden - Republicans are champions of the blue collar worker - now that's funny![/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]If anyone thinks this lady is a true "hockey Mom" - they need a reality check. Not to mention that if being the Mayor of a town of 7000 people is noteworthy - how do you compare that with someone involved in community service in a city the size of Chicago. Spin, Spin & Spin. Not to mention - all of a sudden - Republicans are champions of the blue collar worker - now that's funny![/Quote]

Um, she is the Governor of the state of Alaska......there is no spinning that, she running a state, somthing that neither of the Democratic nominees have done.....
    speaking of spin....it is funny that Obama kept saying that McCain voted 90+% of the time with Bush......when Obama failed to mention that he DIDN'T have the BALLZ to vote! LOL!! PATHETIC!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]Liberals are very scared right now. If not, they are in denial.[/Quote]

Amen! She came across as a very powerful, smart, funny down to earth Human being......The Republicans are looking strong!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[Quote]Sarah Palin is a joke along with the rest of the old white guys in the republican party. Everything that came out of her mouth was an attempt to gain a (very slow) response from the crowd to give the illusion of energy in the republican supporters. The republican party was formed in the 1800s to oppose the abolition of slavery and to expand it into the western territories. They have a history of regression in America, apparently things haven't changed much. What's the use in staying stagnant or going backwards? Move forward, vote Obama.[/Quote]

Where did you get that information? The political parties were formed through the divergent opinions within Washington's Cabinet. Psst, Lincoln was Republican.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapiOrtiz. Show BigPapiOrtiz's posts

Here's what I learned about Palin from the speech:

1) She's proud that her daughter chose to keep the baby, but if elected to office will take the right to choose away from everyone else.

2) She doesn't think you should vote for Obama because lots of other people want to vote for him and he had nice stage decorations at the DNC.

3) She comes from a small simple life as a governor, yet has more "executive" experience than both Obama and Biden because they are senators. McCain is also a senator without this "executive" experience. So if you vote for McCain he won't be able to help you out either.

4) She has a big family.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michele525. Show michele525's posts

Last night she was Karl Rove in drag.

Next they'll be dressing her up in a flight suit and landing her on an aircraft carrier sporting lipstick and a well-positioned buldge and telling 'em all to "bring it on."

Yep, 4 more years. That's what it looks like. Yahoo for the yahoos

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[Quote]We'll see how she does in the debates when she doesn't have her speech writers and teleprompters around and has to answer real questions instead of just attacking people.[/Quote]

Funny you should mention that....it was reported the teleprompter broke halfway thru Palin's speech, and she recited the rest from memory...
    Compare to Obama: when a teleprompter broke when Obama made a speech, he stood there flummoxed until it was fixed...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HolyWhat. Show HolyWhat's posts

AHHH, I agree 100%. No one had a problem going in when it all started. How many Senators voted against going to war? Maybe 5? Once you make a decision to go...you go, you stay, you finish. If you don't then you look weak. You invigorate your enemies. You increase their membership. You strengthen their resolve. Then in 5 years time when you have to fight them again, they are stronger, have larger numbers, and twice as many Americans have to die.

I do agree we should have originally spent more effort than we did in Afghanistan and on Osama. But the US the government and military was content cornering him in a corner somewhere in the mountains. With limited resources, limited mobility. So instead they focused on a much larger effort. War is not a game. It is ugly. Brave men and women die and its unfortunate. It is also unfortunately unavoidable. These men and women have my deepest gratitude. To ask the question, "how many more Americans need to die" is ridiculous. The answer is, as many as it takes to win the war, feel secure, and prevent and even bigger war/terrorist attack (costing even more lives) in the future. We did not go marching around the world on some mission of conquest, we had someone pick a fight with us. Let's not forget that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle2112. Show Michelle2112's posts

[Quote]Sarah Palin absolutely hit it out of the park last night. Most people thought Hillary Clinton would become the first woman to become President of the Untied States some day. That just changed last night. Sometime in the next ten years we will be calling Sarah Palin, Madam President.

She was amazing. She's stronger than Obama will ever be. She's far more pleasant than Hillary and she has what Obama doesn't, a record of accomplishments.

Even Biden this morning couldn't deny that she was great. I admit that I wasn't happy at first with her selection but after last night I'm convinced that she is the best of all three in this campaign.

McCain has a tough act to follow tonight.

If she speaks as well in press conferences and in debates, which I bet she will, Obama/Biden are going to be in a lot of trouble.

Palin is brilliant. I love her. I'm sold

Wow! Based on one speech! That is why we are in such deep trouble these days. Some people are so ignorant they make up their minds about something as important as this based on one speech! There are a lot of people who can deliver a good speech especailly when they have had coaching for days and access to good writers. To base your decision on that makes you a fool!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCure. Show TheCure's posts

[Quote]

I love hearing liberal DENIAL! People in the bluest states like MA, CA and NY, always see the US through THEIR states only. It's hilarious actually.[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCure. Show TheCure's posts

[Quote]

I love hearing liberal DENIAL! People in the bluest states like MA, CA and NY, always see the US through THEIR states only. It's hilarious actually.[/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]I can't wait to see the debates, the republicans are going to steamroll themselves. Their attack and bash campaign is NOT at all what America wants to hear right now. Sure that's worked in the past but it's different now. Real issues are at hand, the future of this great nation is uncertain. The young democratic voters will outweigh the old, ignorant-to-the-world republicans.[/Quote]

LOL! Nice imagination!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marley209. Show marley209's posts

[Quote]Wow,
    I have read the blogs of her speech and I am amazed at how you Democrates speak out of both sides of your mouth! She hit a home run, period!

I am thrilled that the Democrates are going to blow this election, you can't help yourselves can you?

The democrates have to be the most angry people in the world, and by the way we are winning the war, bad news hah!!! [/Quote]

What's a Democrate?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

Funny you should mention that....it was reported the teleprompter broke halfway thru Palin's speech, and she recited the rest from memory...
    Compare to Obama: when a teleprompter broke when Obama made a speech, he stood there flummoxed until it was fixed...[/Quote]

Let's not forget that it was Obama who had stolen the same exact speach from Gov Duval Patrick just a couple of months ago....

Palin did awesome!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbbie. Show bubbbie's posts

[Quote]I was actually impressed by Sarah Palin. I thought she was
    no more than a shock-factor from John McCain as a pick for VP. She presented
    herself, her family, and her resume very clearly and very affectionately last
    night after taking a tough couple of days from the media.
    The highlight for me was the comment comparing her responsibilities
    as Mayor and Governor to Obama’s experience as a “Community Organizer”. The
    shot in there about BO’s image on his signs and the line about the pit-bull
    with lipstick was pretty humorous as well…[/Quote]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoyLynne. Show JoyLynne's posts

[Quote]Sarah Palin has incredible presence and if you look at her closely as a whole you will see an accomplished woman with a well balanced life. She is the kind of person that the founding fathers intended to lead us. We don't need professional politicians. I'm not a republican, and I'm the first to say that the last 8 years was a complete failure, an example of tyranny and lunacy, and a tragedy in terms of lost lives and wealth. But Obama is an empty promise. McCain is not nearly as bad a choice and so far Palin puts the Republicans in the plus column for me.[/Quote]

Well said. I agree with you. She represents America as plain as day. Family struggles, dreams, compromise and sacrafice. It's a breath of badly needed fresh air in high-level politics. She's genuine and I like it.

I'll bet that her daughter won't be going on welfare and that they take care of things as a strong family. There is something very right about accepting responsibility for actions/consequences.

I hope she doesn't disappoint the conservative perspective and not seek a a free ride with taxpayer dollars funding yet another irresponsible teenager making babies. Facing and overcoming obstacles makes people/families strong.

People like her don't get to where they are in life without supportive family.

I look forward to the debates where they really get down to business.

Overally, she did a good job last night. Seems genuine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvsajeepguy. Show luvsajeepguy's posts

They have my vote. I wasn't sure until I heard her speak and she convinced me she is ready and right for the job. Looking forward to some debates. Not that I EVER would have voted for Obama. The man is completely inexperienced and I'm sorry, but I simply could never vote for a man who doesn't salute the flag of the country he wants to run. Are you kidding?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TRB1. Show TRB1's posts

I can describe her in one word: she is magnificent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapiOrtiz. Show BigPapiOrtiz's posts

[Quote]I would love to see Hilary and Palin at a debate, Hilary would rip her appart and expose her for the fraud she truly is. Palin didn't get a passport until 2007!!! What the hell is that? Is that the kind of foreign policy we want in the white house? The only other culture she is aware of in the world is the eskimos in alaska. Great leadership indeed. Vote Obama.[/Quote]

I thought it was sad that since she had visited so few places her representatives claimed she had visited Ireland. In reality her exposure to Ireland was just a refueling stop at the airport.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/03/sarah-palins-refueling-stop-in-ireland-was-it-a-visit/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommyboy77. Show tommyboy77's posts

looks like "Zer"Obama is done...Zerobama....can you believe the Dems cannot even win this election?!!!

Time to change your tune Looney left!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from linluc. Show linluc's posts

Wouldn't the Palin and McCain families be great together on Wife Swap? Image Mrs. McCain moving into the Palin home for a week? "Kids, you need tide up our assault rifles! And, how about I give you some real names?!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WRADU. Show WRADU's posts

[

oh by the way, the 'democratic' congress is media spin. What's the democratic majority in the Senate? 51/49. and of those 51 democrats, joe lieberman is included (who just spoke at the RNC yesterday in case you missed it). That's hardly 'democratic congress.' It's actually evenly divided. Hence the low approval rating because nothing is getting done.[/Quote]

LAST I CHECKED, THE DEMOCRATS CONTROL BOTH HOUSES. OBAMA IS A DEMOCRAT SENATOR IN THAT CONGRESS. AS FAR AS GETTING NOTHING DONE, YOU ARE RIGHT. THEY GAVELED THE SESSION CLOSED TO GO ON VACATION INSTEAD OF VOTING ON AN ENERGY BILL....HENCE THE LOW APPROVAL RATINGS. ....AND DIDN'T NANCY PELOSSI ALONG WITH OBAMA CAMPAIGN 2 YEARS AGO THAT IF THE DEMOCRATS WERE ELECTED TO CONGRESS THEY WOULD DRAFT AND PASS A MAJOR ENERGY PLAN??? STILL WAITING....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from remembering9. Show remembering9's posts

Great speach, loved how she fired back. Maybe this will stop some of the fluff from the Democrates, because at the end of the day all Obama has is fluff