Did you like Sarah Palin's convention speech?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HolyWhat. Show HolyWhat's posts

Who cares if Palin didn't get a passport until 2007. All that means is that she was in her state doing her job instead of taking vacations in other parts of the world. I still don't have a passport. Again, nothing to do with her politics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bms. Show bms's posts

Let me preface by saying: I read the speech, rather than listened to it. I do this for all political speeches, on either side. I want the bald words, not the hype, the cheering, and the showbiz.
    I am a Democrat, a Catholic, and a scientist. And yes, I am scared.

I am scared that there are still so many people in this country who treat global warming and climate change as something one can choose to believe in or not.

I am scared that people are reading the same scriptures I am, and using them as an excuse for war, rather than using them as a call to compassion for the poor.

I am scared that someday I am going to have to explain to my granddaughters that, well, women used to be able to make decisions on their own reproductive health, but now your parents, doctors, and the government make those decisions for you.

I am scared that there seems to be a bunch of people who forget that the entire country is not Christian, and that maybe, just maybe, there may be equally valid views from other religions, or from no religion.

I don't care how dynamic a speaker a person is. I don't care if they insult the other side or not (seriously, isn't that part of the job description of politicians?). I want to know if they are going to seriously think about what is best for the vast majority of people, not just in our country, but in other countries. Will taxes, abortion stances and all that really matter, if in the long run we have destroyed the envrionment to the point where we cannot grow enough food? If we go off starting wars on the basis of religion, how are we different from the terrorists we profess to be fighting?
    When I hear the republican message on these questions, you bet I am scared.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]"al-Qaeda is setup in Iraq, says who?"

UM al qaeda? Do you read anything? We accomplished two things with the war in Iraq. We ousted Saddam and his regime and we brought the fight against al qaeda to us. Remeber Russia tried to fight in Afghanistan and because of all the mountains they lost to a much smaller army because Afghanistan was able to use the land as a weapon. Now we have al qaeda in a more open environment and have been able to break their organization. We need to stay in Iraq until Iraq can defend itself.[/Quote]

Even Biden stated that he would rather his son go into Iraq now than his grand children later. Anyone that thinks we are done in Iraq, are idiots....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TRB1. Show TRB1's posts

[Quote]

I thought it was sad that since she had visited so few places her representatives claimed she had visited Ireland. In reality her exposure to Ireland was just a refueling stop at the airport.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/03/sarah-palins-refueling-stop-in-ireland-was-it-a-visit/[/Quote]

Has Obama ever been to Alaska? And is he aware that the Europeans do not vote in US presidential elections?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from obrien21. Show obrien21's posts

The speach was okay but there was one disturbing line to me in it. Here is the quote

AL QAIDA TERRORISTS STILL PLOT TO INFLICT CATASTROPHIC HARM ON AMERICA, AND HE'S WORRIED THAT SOMEONE WON'T READ THEM THEIR RIGHTS.

I am in total agreement that the terrorists want to do us harm. I am in total disagreement that we don't need to protect rights our country is built on. If we disregard these rights we become what the terroist countries are in regards to people's liberties and once we disgard one group of people's rights it becomes easier to disregard other people's rights. Next time it may be the Christian conseravtives, unwed teenage mothers, environmentalsist or the liberals amongst. If the statement above is truly how Sarah Palin feels I can't vote for the Republican party as the slope they are going down is just to slippery for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TRB1. Show TRB1's posts

Iraq War Biden voted to authorize the use of force in Iraq - doesn't this contradict everything Obama claims to be running for?

Obamabots - ever get the feeling you are being played for suckers?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]My brain hurts reading all of this republican ignorance. Loosen your cowboy hats and rosaries, they are cutting off the circulation to your brains. Please look at the real world. Put aside your devotion to any specific party and vote with your own mind intelligently. Think about the future of this country and your children.[/Quote]

Funny, I am not Republican....and yet I see the same bull from the Ignorant Democrats.....Oh well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapiOrtiz. Show BigPapiOrtiz's posts

[Quote]Who cares if Palin didn't get a passport until 2007. All that means is that she was in her state doing her job instead of taking vacations in other parts of the world. I still don't have a passport. Again, nothing to do with her politics.[/Quote]

You're joking, right? We just had a retarded president for the last 8 years that spent every speech trying to prove to us that he could pronounce the names of other countries and foreign leaders. It would be comforting to know that the next leaders of our country would have a knowledge of world politics and culture since we're in a war and are trying to keep Iran and North Korea at ease.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moddatdc. Show moddatdc's posts

[Quote]Blah, blah, blah, blah. Same Republican mantra of attack your opponent like a 'pit bull', sow fear into the minds of our citizens, and offer little substantive policy on how anything will be different from the eight years we've just suffered through.[/Quote] I TOTALLY agree..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]15 minutes into the speech, I was bored. One cliche after another. 40 minutes into the speech, I was really bored. Mrs. Palin is a lovely woman, has a great family, but I she didn't tell me why she's qualified to step in to the role of president if it should ever happen. I thought her mocking of Obama and the democrats was a set to a lower standard. And speaking of standards, the media said she hit it over the ballpark. Oh really? Which ballpark, t-ball? This is the big league; it didn't work because she's not qualified.[/Quote]

All you are telling me is that you are new to the political scene.....more Democratic Blah, blah....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HolyWhat. Show HolyWhat's posts

joel4376...I am using my intelligence when I vote. That is why I am voting for McCain. By the way, I voted for Gore and Kerry so I'm not some die hard Republican that will vote for whomever my party nominates...unlike Dems.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from remembering9. Show remembering9's posts

I thought her speech was phenomenal!!! I made my decision last night... McCain could not have picked a better Vice President. She may not have enough experience on foreign affairs but she is on the ticket with some one who has more than enough experience for the both of them. Obama is running for President... and he doesn't have any foreign experience and that is scary!!!! He is running on change alone that is even more scary we need a President who can lead our country with good moral values and integrity some one who is looking out for regular people...Not the elete and special interest groups. Sarah Palin is good example of what a family is(it may not be perfect) but whose family is? It was refreshing to see such a wonderful women speak so eloquintly and with such confidence!! Thats someone I want to see as our Vice President not someone who is going to just change things!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdagw1. Show kdagw1's posts

Great speech. Obama the organizer, what a joke. What's his daily planner look like. Let's go out and have a play today? Maybe I can organize a lunch? Then he votes present 130 times! Obamabots, you really think this guy is the right choice? Wake up, please. He's Deval Patrick all over again on a grander stage. How's that property tax thing coming along, Deval?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssak1. Show hssak1's posts

no substance what so ever in the speech! personal attacks demeaning community organizers just to attack Sen. Obama,
    whether you like Sen. Obama or not and he may be not the greatest presidential candidate, but based on performance of the last 8 years, the Republicans should be ousted.
    to the Republicans, do not understimate Sen. Obama- he beat Hillary and no body thought he could -

Sen. McCain yielded to the conservative base big time by selecting Gov. Palin, - who seems to me an extremist on several issues - but Sen. McCain showed when it counts he is not a maverick and if he is elected president, how can I trust that he is a different Republican - he did not show me that yet - he has one more chance this evening,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bms. Show bms's posts

[Quote]bms:

How can you be a Catholic and not choose life?
    Are you using the Quran as your scriptures used as an excuse for war?
    Do taxes, national security, and failed policy have anything to do with valid points of view from other religions or no religion?
    How can you support Obama as he has shown not much more than being a dynamic speaker?
    How can you bring other countries into focus any more than we (the US) already do and say we don't have their best interest at heart as human beings? (in almost every instance the US far exceeds all other countries in contributing in EVERY way)
    How about not starting a war based on religion (seriously, where did you see this), but starting it based on oppression, terror, and torturing of that country's people?
    I have never seen a Catholic decapitate anyone - maybe that makes us different, maybe it's OK to be against decapitation or religious oppression.

Just sayin'…[/Quote]

Explain to me why so many 'pro life' people are also 'pro death penalty'. Ok, so we don't decapitate our enemies. We just bomb them (oops, sorry innocent civilians! But kids only count if they are unborn Americans anyway) or kill them by lethal injection.

I am pro choice - not pro abortion. I cannot make that choice for anyone but myself.

If Republicans are saying that God is on their side in Iraq, and they mean the Christian God, then to me, that's not all that much different than saying "The Quran told me to do it".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paisit. Show Paisit's posts

For the first time on big national TV, she was not bad. I could sense some shakiness in her voice, but in atll she passed. However, she was not as great as some media as she was.

In the context, I heard nothing but attacks. I want to hear more of her views on ecomomy, foreign affairs, human rights (womam / gay) and healtcare. I hope she will work on that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvsajeepguy. Show luvsajeepguy's posts

"My brain hurts reading all of this republican ignorance. Loosen your cowboy hats and rosaries, they are cutting off the circulation to your brains. Please look at the real world. Put aside your devotion to any specific party and vote with your own mind intelligently. Think about the future of this country and your children."

My brain hurts thinking that a man who has NO experience could be voted in with a man who was for John McCain not so long ago. Can't seem to make his mind. Stop staring at the god-like set that he stood on and realize that Obama is someone'e front man. hmmmm
    Palin made it clear she is not an "insider". This is not politics as usual. I don't agree with everything she said, but McCain/Palin ARE the lesser of two evils.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Funny how the negative comments in this thread all seem to be coming from liberals. Can anyone imagine a dem ending her speech with a 'God bless America!?" I could hear liberals across the country grinding their teeth!

By any objective standard, she was an excellent speaker. Told us about herself and her family, her values and her REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE. Interesting that she has more actual experience as a chief executive than obama and biden combined. Refreshing to hear a political speach containing substance rather than the meaningless fluff we've been hearing from obama since day one.

Naturally the dems will be firing up their slime machine to roll out against her. But, its too late; we may have just met the first female president of the US and we all ( i.e. those of us whose minds aren't already filled with democrat hatred) LOVE HER!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HolyWhat. Show HolyWhat's posts

[Quote]Please recall that after his outstanding work as a community organizer, he also served several terms as a state legislator and in the United States Senate, a far loftier office than mayor of a small Alaskan town!![/Quote]

And what Earth changing piece of legislation did he come up with, propose and have passed?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALFMAN1000. Show ALFMAN1000's posts

[Quote]Where do I start?

FIRST OFF: Romney is Morman, Mormans did not allow black people in thier church since as early as the 70's. Romeny talked about BIG Government BUT it was his health-care mandatory plan that cost me penalties. Forcing me to have insurance or pay the price! THATS communism!!!!! So now i have to pay penalties BECAUSE I CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE INSURANCE. I have never been to the emergencey room and I pay for all my doctors visits with CASH!. Now i have to pay 900 a year in state penalties beucase I do not want the governments insurance. Romeny is a republican and this WAS HIS PLAN. BIG government, YOU BET!

2nd: The Republicans bash on the media, likes it all thier fault Obama is popular. AHH FOX NEWS anyone, which is the biggest, most highly watched news channel and they happen to be ALL repbulicans!!!!!!! FOX news started its bang in the 90s in a direct attempt to take clinton down. Same with the racist, drug addict Rush Limbaugh whos audience reaches more the 2.5 million! So betwween FOX and Rush, the addict, Limbaugh, I would say that equals some huge media pundits on the Rep. side.

3rd: Guiliani should know a thing or two about racism, after all, WE WILL NEVER SEE an ITALIAN PRESIDENT, he should switch sides becausee his own party does not support him enough to elect him for President, hes Italian after all....oh know. As an Italian it makes me ashamed, ashamed of him. And, its not Obamas fault he has not had a crisis to deal with. What you would rather have another crisis like 9/11 or peace? You decide.

4th: Palin supports drilling for oil in Alaska, even McCain does not want that. Typical republicans using up all the worlds resources to make themselves rich. She also does not believe in Global warming. Again, its the 'what can make me rich now' attitude and forget that our children's children will be doomed because these idiots dont even believe in science.

FYI: These same repubicans like to paint Obama as the Messiah, what are they so afraid of? And also, talk about taking the Lords name in vain, calling someone else, a human, the Messiah, THIS IS HOW LOW THE Rep get, low low low. That's called blashphemy, I am a Christian and this type of retoric is in-excusable, there is only 1 Messiah and his name is Jesus. So these so called Christains and their moral party (the rep) are all commiting blashphemy by painting Obama as a the Messiah. SHAME ON THEM.

The republicans are only good at scaring the public, that is it.

SHAME ON THEM

Obama in 08'................. and Jesus, not Obama, is the son of GOD.

Shame on you republicans! SHAME ON YOU!!!!

As far as Palins speech, She sounds like a self-righteous right-wing nut job, willing to go to war in "Gods name" Pretty scary people, when you use God as your platform to go to war.

This is how the Republicans do it. They appeal to the Christians in the red states and its only to get votes, using Gods name to get votes, a sin if you ask me.

Palin is a self righteous, conceited and arrogant individual, that is what I got from her speech, and, all she did was mostly attack Obama, not much else.

I dont like her at all after her speech, She's another George Bush in disguise, and, is this not the same woman who wanted Alaska to be its own country? YEAH THATS AMERICAN!!!

Go Obama!!!!!!![/Quote]

Do you have any actual ideas? You have obviously been reading the left wing loon blogs if you really believe half the stuff you wrote. Now, we know all the things you don't like, but nothing that you want other than Obama in the White House.

I am in Independent and Democrats will lose the majority of presidential elections until they grow a thicker skin and answer attacks that they have to know are coming with more than falsifications, exaggerations, and outright lies. Palin has a record and it is not what you and so many of your left wing friends are pushing so it won't stick. We all watched the Democrats launch the same scathing attacks on Republicans at their convention and I don't recall the conservative press or the bloggers having a hissy fit.

You say you don't like Palin since her speech, but I am betting you didn't like Palin before her speech and you didn't even like her the seciond she was named aas McCain's VP choice even though you had never heard of her. Left wing loons need to calm down. We get it! You hate Republicans. We get it! We get it! We get it! Please go away and come back with some relevant points as to why what was said about Obama is untrue and why he is poised to lead us.

Right now, in my opinion, McCain/Palin looks more like a Team that can lead us than Obama/Biden. In a nutshell, McCain has experience and has displayed toughness and decisiveness throughout his life and in politics. He has been an independent thinker and is nothing like George Bush, despite the dishonest attempts to paint him that way. He is a good man and a good candidate. I could go into policy but that would take much more time so I stuck to my basic feelings. Palin seems like a strong, independent thinker with whom I may disagree on some things but she has some executive experience and that is good enough for me for the VP slot. If she were to be thrust into the Presidency, she could name an experienced number two just like Obama did.

Obama is a good man but lacks executive experience and is thin on legislative experience. I still don;t know much about his policy beliefs. Biden is the one person in this race I have negative feelings about. He is a blowhard; a Washington insider, a machine politician, and his plan to split up the sovereign country of Iraq was ludicrous and scary.

I will wait for the debates and I look forward to learning more about Obama. He might convince me to vote for him as I have a lot of policy differences with McCain. At the moment, Republicans and their supporters are actiing like adults and Democrats, the liberal media, and the left wing loons are acting like they can't take a punch without whining.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from obrien21. Show obrien21's posts

Of course they didn't think about the rights of people and that is why as was quoted last night as a beacon of hope we should set the example and not drop down to their level. Without us following our own Constitution how we can we ever hope to help the people of the Middle East, Africe, Georgia, Noth Korea achieve success if we can't walk the walk on protecting the rights of individuals no matter how awfully they treat us.

[Quote]"I am in total agreement that the terrorists want to do us harm. I am in total disagreement that we don't need to protect rights our country is built on. If we disregard these rights we become what the terroist countries are in regards to people's liberties and once we disgard one group of people's rights it becomes easier to disregard other people's rights. Next time it may be the Christian conseravtives, unwed teenage mothers, environmentalsist or the liberals amongst. If the statement above is truly how Sarah Palin feels I can't vote for the Republican party as the slope they are going down is just to slippery for me. "

Did al qaeda think about the rights of all the people on 9/11? Maybe we need to stop shooting at the people shooting at us and read them their rights first too.
    [/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shanao621. Show shanao621's posts

[Quote]I am saddened that the second woman to be nominated for vice president is such a conservative. She doesn't believe in abortion, has a mentally retarded baby, takes a job that will require her to be away from her family. She believes in an abstinance only program for teens and is the mother of a pregnant 17 year old. I don't feel as if she has her head on straight. Why wouldn't these personal realitites help her see that her views aren't working? Who will be taking care of that baby while she is away? The first 3 years of a special needs child are critical to maximizing that child's potential and his parent will not be with him. I don't think she is the right woman for this job.[/Quote]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from evandj. Show evandj's posts

Watching that speech last night reminded me of the people I despised in high school. You have the popular prom queen short on substance and all the white baseball cap bullies egging her on. I was bullied by these people because I was a non-athlete, a good student and a short, curly haired Jewish-Asian in a sea of lily white students. In their eyes, I was a geek. These people in high school were popular because they were good looking, shallow and obnoxious and that time was the peak of their lives. 18 years after my high school graduation that mentality no longer served them. Several of them are alchoholics, college drop outs, or divorcees.

While I concede that it is impressive that Palin was able to rally the crowd on hackneyed rhetoric delivered with the affect of 16 year old high school bee-atch, she said next to nothing about her own plans and policies. To cover up her insecurites about her background, she just made fun of Obama's intelligence and achievements to the delight of the lowbrows in the audience. The moral is you can't live your life denigrating those that are perceived as different than you, just so you can look good in a crowd of a**holes. You eventually get what's coming to you. This time around, (I pray) the American people will see through the b.s.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from matgiov. Show matgiov's posts

Obama has zero experience, I simply cannot vote for him.
    When he is off the teleprompter he can barely string a coherent sentence together.

I really find it crazy that people blame the housing crash on the president.
    6 years ago I refinanced and was offered one of those suicide loans and stuck with my fixed rate. I didn't use my house like an ATM for flat panels tv's and a new car. Guess what my family is financially secure and doing fine.

If George Bush did everything he did but had the presence and persona of Obama he would go down as a great president. America is more concerned about appearance then substance. It’s proven by the most popular reality shows like the Kardashians etc…

Because they are on TV and have money they are famous – yet they have absolutely zero substance or are even remotely intelligent people. They are famous for absolutely nothing. I see Obama like this, it’s a major push by all media outlets for this guy that didn’t even exist a couple years ago, has zero experience. Yet he is going to hold the most important office in the world….because he can deliver a prewritten speech very well from a teleprompter…AMAZING.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DisillusionEd. Show DisillusionEd's posts

http://www.crosscut.com/politics-government/17341

This is a letter from a homemaker from Wasilla who knows Sarah Palin. Read and be afraid.