Do we need a legitment 3 political party in our country ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Do we need a legitment 3 political party in our country ?

Yes ..... I'm all for a Labor Party to represent my interest ..... I'm left of center but I could and would support a party that were a little more right of me but that's it . 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Do we need a legitment 3 political party in our country ?

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes ..... I'm all for a Labor Party to represent my interest ..... I'm left of center but I could and would support a party that were a little more right of me but that's it . 

[/QUOTE]

Isn't the labor party left of center?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

A third party at this point in time would be the leftovers from a schism within the GOP, probably some libertarian/tea party hydrid.  A true labor party would not be feasible in the US.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

If a legitimate third party was possible in this country we'd have one by now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The TP is pretty legit right now. They seem to have alot of power!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Legit how?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I kind of equate the Tea Party to the Dems moveon.org

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What, your fat public pension isnt fat enough?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yes Joe in the UK they have a Labor Party that is left of center ..... I should have stated a Labor Party that represented the interest of the working poor, working class and the middle class and if that party was a little bit right of my views I still would support them .

Maybe I should have also asked what do we all consider where our opinion of the Center is ? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Legit how?

[/QUOTE]

They legitimately can influence politics and elections.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What, your fat public pension isnt fat enough?

[/QUOTE]

My my my Br'er Crankup .... have you been laidoff long from your Government contacting job ......... Ha, ha, ha ..... look at you ..... did you just realize that you been supporting polticians that didn't have your best interest at heart ..... 

btw my public pension is still safe .... why do you ask .... as for being fat ..... that depends on what you consider fat ....... all my investments that I made are alright ...... but I'm glad we sold our 3 deckers when we did 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'd like to see a public opinion party - somebody who doesn't take a stand on any issues, and instead opens up voting on every issue to his/her constituents online, and votes accordingly.  I think that's a lot more in keeping with Democracy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

How no party's? Just elected officials based on their record what we think they can do in the future. Too many vote by the letter next to the name. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to see a public opinion party - somebody who doesn't take a stand on any issues, and instead opens up voting on every issue to his/her constituents online, and votes accordingly.  I think that's a lot more in keeping with Democracy.

[/QUOTE]

slomag,

That is an interesting idea. I have read about that idea before.

Of course we are a Republic. We vote in lawmakers to representent us. This is an entire new way of going about governing.

It is very similar to community organizing. You find out what issues the people are interested in, and where they stand. Then you organize them to achieve their goals.

Cue the Obama haters...

[/QUOTE]

Great idea except our voters think OBMACARE and ACA are two different bills. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think it's time for a legitimate 3rd party..the problem is that money talks and it will probably never happen. I would like an actual Independent party.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Left of center?  There's not a long enough line to the left to plot your position.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Legit how?

[/QUOTE]

Millions of members.  That kind of legit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

slomag,

That is an interesting idea. I have read about that idea before.

Of course we are a Republic. We vote in lawmakers to representent us. This is an entire new way of going about governing.

It is very similar to community organizing. You find out what issues the people are interested in, and where they stand. Then you organize them to achieve their goals.

Cue the Obama haters...

[/QUOTE]

Great idea except our voters think OBMACARE and ACA are two different bills. 

[/QUOTE]

I think uninformed voters come out for big elections.  If you had a secure way of voting issue by issue, or suggesting legislation, you would only attract those who are passionate about and informed of the issues at hand.  

I think we are a republic because of logistics.  If there was a feasible way to get every man's vote on every issue, I'm sure that would have appealed to our founding fathers.  Just as I'm sure what the system has become would appaul them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Instead of a third party which the two existing parties are able to keep under their thumb through legal shenanigans (a point that many voters here on the left, right and center might agree with) what about:

A block of voters from left, center and independents who can unify under just a veryy limited set of goals? To bring us back to the government having to be answerable to the voters and not to big money whether the big money be industries, super rich individuals, unions, or even foreign companies or even foreign countries!

If only 5-10% of these three existing blocks could unify to undo things like revolving door lobby/government, undo Citizens Unitied, etc. It cuold help to bring the government back to being answerable to voters. The 5-10% block would need to agree, to commit to making a tightly focused agenda the ONE factor in voting. Such a block would need to be able to vote for someone from the "other" party where that other party is aligned on this one general issue.

Such a block would not be permanent. It need not field third party candidates doomed to failure. It would force election of Republicans and Democrats who will bring back democracy to the system. When accomplished in 4-10 years it would likely disapate as we bring our other differences back to the forefront of debate.

How do any of you ... left and right... feel about such an idea? A sort of Citizens Unified!