Do we need a new policy for schools?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Do we need a new policy for schools?

IMO, there should be at least one armed person in a school, preferably a guard. I read the 911 call on Friday was made from a closet. For starters, thousands of 911 calls occur every day, & many are false alarms; they also usually go to a receptionist, who may not dispatch in the most expeditious manner. Just like the president, each school should have a red button that goes straight to law enforcement, where it is immediately known why it is pressed (Law enforcement has numeric codes for every situation). In addition, I'm not sure why civilians need to own semiautomatic weapons. Finally, there was something funny about the mother. Why would anyone need to own so many guns?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Do we need a new policy for schools?

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO, there should be at least one armed person in a school, preferably a guard. I read the 911 call on Friday was made from a closet. For starters, thousands of 911 calls occur every day, & many are false alarms; they also usually go to a receptionist, who may not dispatch in the most expeditious manner. Just like the president, each school should have a red button that goes straight to law enforcement, where it is immediately known why it is pressed (Law enforcement has numeric codes for every situation). In addition, I'm not sure why civilians need to own semiautomatic weapons. Finally, there was something funny about the mother. Why would anyone need to own so many guns?

[/QUOTE]

I recommend  psychotherapy for you ...... I'm sure you would have made Sigmund Freud drink heavily after just one session with you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I recommend  psychotherapy for you ...... I'm sure you would have made Sigmund Freud drink heavily after just one session with you.

[/QUOTE]

Given your posting history, you would be ahead of me in line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

nhsteven I didn't know you were a fan mines !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

nhsteven I didn't know you were a fan mines !

[/QUOTE]

Not really; but given your liberal to moderate bent, I was surprised U came after me. Maybe this was the result of your conditioning via dealing all the time with some of the ideologues here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

I have a better idea.

Why not equip all schools with nuclear weapons!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Armed guards in every school? How about libraries and churches too?  Turning our country into a series of armed camps is not progress, its nuts. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I can't get over the fact that 6 year-olds were targeted.  I can't get past that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't get over the fact that 6 year-olds were targeted.  I can't get past that. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm at a lost for words ......DirtyWaterLover they were blown apart !!!!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Armed guards in every school? How about libraries and churches too?  Turning our country into a series of armed camps is not progress, its nuts. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  But, is it any more crazy than the totally ineffective "gun free zones"?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Many schools have police in them already; but most aren't armed.  If you decide to have police in schools then you should arm them.  PA was in the process of doing this and by emergency action sped up the process this weekend.

The shooters that go after soft targets such as schools, a theatre or mall make these choices because they are soft targets and they will be able to create their mayhem until police arrive; when most take their own life or choose suicide by cop. These shooters are deeranged but not stupid.

Having armed guards at these facilities might change the equation and outcome at such schools.

We now know that the Newtown shooter literally had to shoot his way through the locked entry door which was part of a new security system installed this fall.  It is only by the action of an office worker who opened the intercom while the shooting was under way that allowed many of the class rooms to go into lock down.

If there was an armed police officer at the school perhaps the shooting would have ended at the front office or would never had occured due to the deterant of the armed officers presence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. We are not a third world country. We ought to be able to solve this problem thoughtfully and without adding more guns to the mix

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

..and a reasonable option might be..?

[/QUOTE]

You act like an armed guard would have stopped this guy before he had killed anyone. If there's an armed guard in his way, he simply takes him out first.