Re: Do We Really Want Government Making These Decisions?
posted at 6/11/2013 1:22 PM EDT
In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
In response to skeeter20's comment:
Sebelius, the head of implementing Obamacare, is the one making the decsion?
There are a few problems with your position.
1. According to all the information in this thread, before there was a HHS, nobody could have intervened. The decision would have been made automatically by the rules of a private organization. That Sebelius could intervene is a new thing. You are demanding she must intervene whenever someone asks her to.
Your complaint is that Obamacare means government can now intervene, and you are complaining that government is not intervening.
2. Your are raping a tregedy for internets points.
3. There is no right answer here. There are less lungs available than there are people who will die soon without a lung. You are therefore taking a decision to not kill one child in order to save another child (the one whose parents are asking for intervention), and using it to suggest that Sebelius is heartless or that Obamacare is somehow at fault for a lack of organs in general.
* No intervention. This girl dies, another child lives.
* No intervension. This girl dies, another child rejects implant and dies.
* Intervention. This girl lives, another child dies.
* Intervention. This girl rejects implant and dies, another child dies.
I've seen some serious lows on these boards, but that someone would play politics with this one is a bit of a shocker.
"That Sebelius could intervene is a new thing. You are demanding she must intervene whenever someone asks her to"
Not me asking, this is the new process. I was fine with the old system, which was managed by a private company.
But, thanks for makig my point that under OBamacare, healthcare is controlled by government: Who gets it, who doesn't. As you so accurately stated, before Obamacare, that was not the case.
As far as your second point: I am doing nothing of the sort. You are simply throwing mud because you know my central point is correct., and that is inconvient for you, as you want everyone to just shut up and live with Obamacare.
I am pointing out what you Obamacare supporters refuse to admit, that the medical system under Obamacare, medical care has become politized. If you don't have the ear of a politician, or, as in this case, the media and a judge, you will not get care.
As far as your third point: Absolutely correct, sort of. There are actually more of organs for transplant available than the current system manages to "find" available.
What has happened is that the law to which others refer came out of a desire to stifle competition, and keep the pool of available organs limited to the rules established by the OPA's. Example: Kidneys are good for transplantation here in the U.S. , under the rules set up by OPA's for 48 hours, then it is illegal to use them. What happens to those "illegal" kidneys? They are send overseas where they are successfully used for patients in need.
This ties to this point , whihc you are trying to make by reading my mind, or something:
"and using it to suggest that Sebelius is heartless or that Obamacare is somehow at fault for a lack of organs in general."
I am not saying Sebelius is hearless. she may or may not be. What I am saying, despite your attempts to twist it, is that GOVERNMENT IS NOW MAKING THE DECISION that previously was in the hands of doctors via the organ database. Do you really argue that point? your own post supports that view. You might say that is good. I say it is bad.
As far as Obamacare being at fault for a lack of organs in general: When did I say that? I am only saying the person with the best lawyer, access to a judge or politician, is goiing to "magically" appear at the top of the list, or get on a list they should not be on for medical reasons. THAT is where we are heading. I know it, you know it, and the Merican people know it.
This is an example of where Obamacare is leading, as this once private list is now in the hands of government. What's next?
Take off the rose colored glasses.